Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 531. (Read 835461 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
please upload/update claymores miner for xmr version 9.7

9.1 is the last one for Linux

you can use the sgminer-gm v5.5.5 for XMR mining.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0

9.1 is the last one for Linux
Activity: 22
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
Hi,

As a admin of Bitclouder Host www.bitclouder.co i started deploying your soft on several rigs, testing for on on 470 480 380x. I have some issue to report for example on simple mining OS R series dosent work on the gigabyte ud3/ud5 motherboard (no lan driver) and gets alot of crases from 15 rigs on R series i managed to start only 5 on your system.

It would be nice to implement atiflash tool from wolf to flash the custom bios/card and to show info about each GPU bios/version on your dashboard.

And some good news the systems that started on your OS r/rx ar working like a super car really glad that i can help you on this and it would be nice to implement some email/telegram bot notification on offline rigs

In our datacenter we have more that 500 rigs/ so it would be really nice to move all my system on your soft.

Adrian
Hi. Good to hear that.
Yep, i will again have more time to spend on SM OS.
I just released SimpleRigResetters that might interest you (auto resets hanged rigs / and also manual remote managment of power on/ off rigs from one tool. All infos here:
https://simplemining.net/page/simpleRigResetter

This bios flashing tool, yes i have that in plans.
Notifications are also in my list.
There are some things that i need to do first but about this lan driver i think i could check it.
Most propably kernel upgrade will do the trick. Please email me to [email protected]
I can give you custom kernel package to test. Someone already emaild me about this lan problem in some motherboards but i didnt had time yet.
Now i will have more time since all Resetters are sent.

Great to hear this, i will send you a email.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi,

As a admin of Bitclouder Host www.bitclouder.co i started deploying your soft on several rigs, testing for on on 470 480 380x. I have some issue to report for example on simple mining OS R series dosent work on the gigabyte ud3/ud5 motherboard (no lan driver) and gets alot of crases from 15 rigs on R series i managed to start only 5 on your system.

It would be nice to implement atiflash tool from wolf to flash the custom bios/card and to show info about each GPU bios/version on your dashboard.

And some good news the systems that started on your OS r/rx ar working like a super car really glad that i can help you on this and it would be nice to implement some email/telegram bot notification on offline rigs

In our datacenter we have more that 500 rigs/ so it would be really nice to move all my system on your soft.

Adrian
Hi. Good to hear that.
Yep, i will again have more time to spend on SM OS.
I just released SimpleRigResetters that might interest you (auto resets hanged rigs / and also manual remote managment of power on/ off rigs from one tool. All infos here:
https://simplemining.net/page/simpleRigResetter

This bios flashing tool, yes i have that in plans.
Notifications are also in my list.
There are some things that i need to do first but about this lan driver i think i could check it.
Most propably kernel upgrade will do the trick. Please email me to [email protected]
I can give you custom kernel package to test. Someone already emaild me about this lan problem in some motherboards but i didnt had time yet.
Now i will have more time since all Resetters are sent.
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
Hi,

Adrian
Activity: 46
Also will be great overclocking per card (Not even same model accept same overclock)
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
I think would be great feature to group rigs and configure miner options for groups severally.
Activity: 1
I'm wonder if there is any features for failover, so if a pool fail to switch automatically to another pool ?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Tytanick,

In the next release, can you include a simple dashboard info for how many rigs online, total hash power etc. etc.

Something basic will be fine for now, until you put more useful information.

I think it will be good for other members in this thread to suggest what kind of other info is useful for mining....

Thanks

citronick
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi
Is posible work with usb wifi?

And how config?

Not possible and wont support it soon.
Wifi slows down mining anyway.
Activity: 11
Hi
Is posible work with usb wifi?

And how config?
Activity: 241
Merit: 250
Hey, please add a DASH Miner.

IMHO, I dont think it's profitable to use GPUs to mine DASH (or any Scrypt, X11/13/14/15, Qubit or Quark algorithm coins for that matter) -- because there are ASICs miners that can do the job much better, efficient and much much less power consumption (google -- Baikal X11 Single/Quad/Giant, Innosilicon A4 LTC and Bitmain's L3 Scrypt miners)

Ok, thanks Wink
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
what software can we use to make a complete copy of the usb stick??
rufus hdd and win32 wont read the usb stick fully

I use the same utility Tytanick uses to flash the USB (see homepage), just name the source as USB #1 and target USB #2

https://simplemining.net/#menu_howto

Renember that you can flash older version and it will be auto updated to newest
1. Download  HDDRawCopy - flashing tool

http://www.hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/

If it does not work you have a gear/software issue.  as it works on 3 different windows 7 machines  that I own   maybe windows 10 sees it as a virus  or your virus software is fucking it up.

Use USB3 thumbdrives otherwise it will take ages to clone.

I have successfully used to HDDRawCopy to clone thumbdrives to thumbdrives, thumbdrives to SATA SSDs (it will format target disk to source disk size so dont be surprised if your 120GB SSD becomes a 32GB !).
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I use the same utility Tytanick uses to flash the USB (see homepage), just name the source as USB #1 and target USB #2

https://simplemining.net/#menu_howto

Renember that you can flash older version and it will be auto updated to newest
1. Download  HDDRawCopy - flashing tool

http://www.hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/

If it does not work you have a gear/software issue.  as it works on 3 different windows 7 machines  that I own   maybe windows 10 sees it as a virus  or your virus software is fucking it up.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
could you do something with that config to edit after we plug the hdd into the miner?
What do you mean ?

After i write the simpleminer on hdd i need to add the email in config.txt file, this file can be changed after the miner starts?

Just plug it back where you created it, change the email, put it back.. done..

or just ssh into your rig and change the email in the config file and reboot.... you can do this without touching the HDD  Grin
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

IMHO, I dont think it's profitable to use GPUs to mine DASH (or any Scrypt, X11/13/14/15, Qubit or Quark algorithm coins for that matter) -- because there are ASICs miners that can do the job much better, efficient and much much less power consumption (google -- Baikal X11 Single/Quad/Giant, Innosilicon A4 LTC and Bitmain's L3 Scrypt miners)
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Total nub question: Is this as simple as it seems? I just burn the OS to a SSD, plug it in and away I go? No need for Windows, Linux, Separate drivers etc.?

Yes it is really simple.  it provides   drivers and you can use small size ssds  I use 16gb ssds in biostar z170 mobos

these are m2 ssds I paid 48 usd for 10 of them.  $4.80 a usd.  you can not beat the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112143250197?
Activity: 652
Merit: 266
sgminer inside the distro already supports x11 aglo. But I don't see why would you mine x11 with GPU while asics are far more powersaving and profitable.
Jump to: