Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 534. (Read 835461 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Ok guys, i figured it out. For those who have stuck gpus on optiminer showing  300mhz, what you have to do is run claymore first for couple of minutes where all gpus should run normal and then switch to optiminer. All gpus should work flawlesly. If you need to restart miner again on optiminer see if it shows 300mhz again. If it does just repeat the process.
Let me know if that worked for you
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
<>

@Citronik - Are your Sapphire RX480 the reference style ones?  If those are stable, I might convert those over to Simple OS, So far I've only tested non ref RX470 / 480  

Sapphire RX480s are all reference cards (bought 2 weeks after launched).
Its running very stable but fans are blower style -- so fans gets loud during ETH mining.
But it works for me because I hang them vertically open cage rigs style, with blowers pointed up.
Temps and wattage - not that bad during ZEC and XMR mining.

My GPU farm currently does the following format -- all 32 rigs are on smOS, 1 x Win10 and 1 x PandaOS for the Pandaminer.

1. All Sapphire RX480s (66 x GPUs) -- ETH mining, Claymore v7.4, with -ethi 16 and -fanmax 99 settings

2. All Non-RX480 (45 x Sapphire R9-Nanos, 25 x MSI-R9-390s) -- ZEC mining, Claymore v11.1, -i 8 and -fanmax 99 settings, and XMR mining with sgminer-gm

3. All Development rigs (Asus 290s, 290x, 370s and MSI-980Ti) -- 3 x dev rigs, 2 on smOS and 1 on Windows 10.

4. 1 x Pandaminer, with Eliovp PandaOS and custom ROM. Currently mining XMR/sgminer-gm

5. All RX480s and R9-Nanos, have their roms modded with Eliovp low energy custom roms. 290s on Stilt roms.

6. smOS rigs divided into 2 groups/2 emails; RX and Non-RX so I can mix and match mining priorities.

7. For now, all my rigs are selling hash at Nicehash..... until coin profitability improves.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Here is 1 issue, I simply cannot figure out.  Rig 105 is showing as offline but have been hashing still for the past 3 days straight.  If I go and delete it, it will come back as Noname so I know it's the correct rig.  It would also go online for 5-30mins if I reboot but then will show offline like this but will continue to mine for days on pool side,

Does this ris in on OTHER internet connection than the rest ?
Now there are some dns/network route problems to OVH i suppose.

Edit: . That means, miner cant connect to simplemining and send console and other updates, so you see it offline.
But it is hashing anyway.
Even if simplemining server is down, rigs still are hashing !
But as now there is propably route problem in network.

Rig sit in the same site location as the rest of the other rigs.  All are Fury rigs as that's the only image that is stable for me right now.  Yes, it's just a minor annoyance but it's still hashing.  Furies are solid on Simple Mining OS. 

@Citronik - Are your Sapphire RX480 the reference style ones?  If those are stable, I might convert those over to Simple OS, So far I've only tested non ref RX470 / 480  
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Also guys i still cannot figure out why are you mining ZEC on RX470/RX480

ETH/ETC is more profitable and causes less problems..

Or meaby you are mining or 380 , then its propalby better to miner ZEC, ok

EDIT. Also guys renember, if most people dont have problem, and you have problem, then its propably riser,gpu,power,timings,undervolt,pool etc etc Grin
Always check stability on lower clocks and no undervolting.
And renember that optiminer causes many problems and propably claymore-zet too as it must have less memory clocks set to work stable.

I'm not sure it matters what coin we are mining.  Some of us may want to mine Zec regardless as the masses move to other coins the difficulty decreases and profitability follows suit.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Programming in high level programms like C# or so mostly lowers calculation speed becasue of big depency and multiple checks.
So those programmes must use low level programming code like C or even Assembler.
Btw, SRR also uses very low level programmik code, like operating on Hex fields Smiley
I never liked Assembler, and i renember that my friend was doing work for me on university while i was doing mysql stuff for him Cheesy
Activity: 653
Merit: 500
In the Claymore ZEC miner thread.... Mr Claymore has spoken and he said new version coming up in next few days... I think the v12 will be something out of the world since he spent alot of time improving it. I did remind him that we need the Linux version too.... hope we can do that.

Great job Smiley

===
Re: Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v11.1 (Windows/Linux)
February 06, 2017, 10:41:31 AM
Finally I can use assembler exactly as I want.
I will release two updates this week, first update will be released in 2-3 days.
===

Btw, above post by Claymore on new update, what does he mean "assembler"?
Sounds like what Optiminer is doing to his recent versions.

I think that he is dealing directly with some assembly code to do some fine-grained optimisation.
The compiler doesn't always do what you want, it's smart but not perfect, maybe he found come instructions modifications that can slightly improve performance
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
In the Claymore ZEC miner thread.... Mr Claymore has spoken and he said new version coming up in next few days... I think the v12 will be something out of the world since he spent alot of time improving it. I did remind him that we need the Linux version too.... hope we can do that.

Great job Smiley

===
I will release two updates this week, first update will be released in 2-3 days.
===

Assembler is an old school programming language maybe he uses it to help develop his software.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Great job Smiley

===
===

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Activity: 34
Any ideas about adding optiminer v.1.5 as option?
You think it will resolve issues ?
I can do special package for you to check if optiminer 1.5 will work ok. But i dont think so that this is the issue. Anyway we can try.
Also can you use claymore ZEC ? (its little slower but more stable)
Anyway tell me your clocks and do you have custom timings or undervolt ?

Hallo,
i use allways stock bios etc. Clocks too. Any Claymore miner runs solid. Om 1.5 was too.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Also guys i still cannot figure out why are you mining ZEC on RX470/RX480

ETH/ETC is more profitable and causes less problems..

Or meaby you are mining or 380 , then its propalby better to miner ZEC, ok

EDIT. Also guys renember, if most people dont have problem, and you have problem, then its propably riser,gpu,power,timings,undervolt,pool etc etc Grin
Always check stability on lower clocks and no undervolting.
And renember that optiminer causes many problems and propably claymore-zet too as it must have less memory clocks set to work stable.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Is your site down?

Its up now  Huh

there was brief 2-3 mins downtime -- that Cloudflare page came up and verified my local ISP and regional network OK but simplemining.net is offline.

I think mining still goes on as per normal but my logic is incorrect because before the page went offline... all rigs shows offline - is this normal?

When simplemining.net goes offline.... rigs should still be business as usual right?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
You think it will resolve issues ?
I can do special package for you to check if optiminer 1.5 will work ok. But i dont think so that this is the issue. Anyway we can try.
Also can you use claymore ZEC ? (its little slower but more stable)
Anyway tell me your clocks and do you have custom timings or undervolt ?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Here is 1 issue, I simply cannot figure out.  Rig 105 is showing as offline but have been hashing still for the past 3 days straight.  If I go and delete it, it will come back as Noname so I know it's the correct rig.  It would also go online for 5-30mins if I reboot but then will show offline like this but will continue to mine for days on pool side,

Does this ris in on OTHER internet connection than the rest ?
Now there are some dns/network route problems to OVH i suppose.

Edit: . That means, miner cant connect to simplemining and send console and other updates, so you see it offline.
But it is hashing anyway.
Even if simplemining server is down, rigs still are hashing !
But as now there is propably route problem in network.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

CDM v7.4 already does all 3 coins with ETH.

My dev rigs are mining ETH+DCR at the moment - see below :

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://daggerhashimoto.hk.nicehash.com:3353 -ewal -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://decred.hk.nicehash.com:3354 -dwal -dpsw x -dcoin dcr -esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0 -tt 77 -dbg -1 -tstop 95 -wd 1 -r 1 -mport 13333

[/quote]
After i will have some time, i will reorganize some miner selection table and i will give also meaby some more description and informations.
Not experienced users sometimes dont know how to start.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

ok one sec

ok something is going on i see this

noname
RX 1063
============ Starting Miner ===============
/root/xminer.sh: line 35: null: command not found
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------
it says Rx1063 not sure what that means
[/quote]
1063 is OS version.
Anyway its up. Now you need to set RED OPTIONS in dashboard to start mining.
I know that default options are not working and i will change it so that when starting and no miner is configure, then you will see some clear text message.
Now its not intuitive i know Smiley

Btw. is anybody have problem connection to simplemining ?
OVH or some operators in Poland have problems with network routes i suppose.
It works for most regions, but for some not.
Activity: 34

- problem when i see the ubuntu selection screen and click on unbuntu all i see is a black screen
 - ideas ?
Check if its mining. Meaby it switched screen output to another GPU or something.

ok one sec

ok something is going on i see this

noname
RX 1063
============ Starting Miner ===============
/root/xminer.sh: line 35: null: command not found
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------
25 55 19 19 23℃
20 20 20 20 20%
300 300 300 300 300
300 300 300 300 300

More
βeta

it says Rx1063 not sure what that means

RX is for RX400 series GPU image.  Vs R for R9 cards.  1063 is just the version number.  It starts lower but then auto  updates to newer versions such as 1063
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Can you add claymore + DCR ?

SIA is not profitable for me

** edit ***

also how do you install to an existing sata SSD instead of a flash drive ? all my rigs have 120GB SSDs

CDM v7.4 already does all 3 coins with ETH.

My dev rigs are mining ETH+DCR at the moment - see below :

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://daggerhashimoto.hk.nicehash.com:3353 -ewal -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://decred.hk.nicehash.com:3354 -dwal -dpsw x -dcoin dcr -esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0 -tt 77 -dbg -1 -tstop 95 -wd 1 -r 1 -mport 13333
Jump to: