Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 592. (Read 834344 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Did try to use your os but cant make ti work.
The HDD Raw copy stop at 51%. Seems to be complete but when I try to boot with the usb key I get a error.

error: attempt to read or write outside of disk hd0
Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>

Thanks you for your hard work!  Grin

Edit: I think I find what could be my problem. The imgc file is around 2gb but the uncompressed is around 7 gb. I was using a 4gb usb stick.

Will try with a 8gb usb stick.

Edit2: Working great job. Nice os. Simple and really powerful!  Grin Give me your donation adress
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
played with it this evening... nice project this.

just to share some notes... you can reply after vacation, if you can't wait :-).... you may reply anytime :-)

some questions:

1. can I use ethpool and ethermine pools? Seems you hardcode to mine only dwarfpool.

2. if I replicate 10 thumbdrives with the same contents of your image (with setting my email) - I can basically get all 10 rigs mining and I can manage them over the central web... Naming convention of each rig is 1, 2, 3 etc. ??

3. after booting from thumdrive and it goes ubuntu... the next screen was black with blinking cursor on top left.... and stays there, eventually nothing happened and hung there. What could this mean?

4. I want to only mine ETH, and no 2nd coin. Do you have this option?

5. I see when first mining - the miner will mine for you the developer .... However, if you use Claymore, there is also a dev mining...... so miners will have to pay two times.... hmmmm, this is not a good deal to me

6. what are they other coins you are going to support?

7. I changed my workstation and tried to log in again, and it says please log in via email sent..... so I did that but now coudnt log in - error message expired login .... or something along those lines.

LOL

Tldr; this is neither simple nor easy. OP needs to change the title to "ComplicatedMining.net Difficult OS"

LOL
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
played with it this evening... nice project this.

just to share some notes... you can reply after vacation, if you can't wait :-).... you may reply anytime :-)

some questions:

1. can I use ethpool and ethermine pools? Seems you hardcode to mine only dwarfpool.

2. if I replicate 10 thumbdrives with the same contents of your image (with setting my email) - I can basically get all 10 rigs mining and I can manage them over the central web... Naming convention of each rig is 1, 2, 3 etc. ??

3. after booting from thumdrive and it goes ubuntu... the next screen was black with blinking cursor on top left.... and stays there, eventually nothing happened and hung there. What could this mean?

4. I want to only mine ETH, and no 2nd coin. Do you have this option?

5. I see when first mining - the miner will mine for you the developer .... However, if you use Claymore, there is also a dev mining...... so miners will have to pay two times.... hmmmm, this is not a good deal to me

6. what are they other coins you are going to support?

7. I changed my workstation and tried to log in again, and it says please log in via email sent..... so I did that but now coudnt log in - error message expired login .... or something along those lines.
Activity: 540
Merit: 501
chickens and cryptos
What's the root password for user miner??
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
yeah, let me finish my vacation. i am hard worker but i also must rest.
i have rx470 and rx480 for tests and i will make more of them.
Register your mails for update info on official website.
I will informe when i will make RX400 OS.
I will be back in Poland in a a 7 days from now.

Also about email autorisation, i think what it is save to get autorisation link to email and login wit it right ?
Anyhow, ehn you forgot password on other websites you will ge "new password reminer" to your email so its almost the same Smiley
I wanted to make it as simple as possible but i will also provide some password as alternative later Smiley

Report any bugs to me !

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I really want to test this when support for rx 400 comes out
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Its ovh plus cloudflare but ok.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I started downloading the image file.... but its so slow.... maybe its your hosting ISP.

You should put a copy in Google / Mega drive or something.

Just a suggestion.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Yes, but you catch me at the bad moment. I am now at vacation in greece so i will continue developing in a 2 weeks.
But most profitable mining is the to priority for me.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi... you have an interesting project here.

Will you add mining other good coins like XMR which looks like past ETH price already?

Claymore also has a XMR miner
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
It is how i intented to do.
For now you need to enter three addresses because
it mines ethereum+siacoin directly to your address and bitcoin address is for later use.
Anyway meaby in feature there will be auto exchange to bitcoin but as now, i have 0% fee so it need to use your ethereum and siacoin address.
If its a problem, you can use poloniex exchange address.
Auto exchanging to bitcoin is pretty hard process and it will be done but not so fast. first i will need to make full statistics, own pool for mining, and then it will be possible.
As now it is not my prioryty. Prioryty is to start mining as simple as possible.
I will make Info near wallets why i need 3 addresses. thx for your feedback.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I have tested the the software. It works. But when i want to put only btc add, it also ask for ehtereum add, thus i cannot save the add on web interface. Can you verify this? Thanks.
Activity: 5
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
You can download v1001 it will be auto updated to v1003.
There will be always auto updates so dont worry Smiley
Activity: 5
Where can I download the latest version (1003)? Site contains only version 1001...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Will be contacting you soon about this but I really do love the idea!

May need TV for help but I see thats not an issue!
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
v1003 Update:
- all your rigs are already been auto-updated
- new miner version claymore 6.3
- OC - overclocking support (core, memory,powerlimit for specific rig) (Action->Overclocking)
- stats shown on dashboard ( you dont have to enter INFO->miner Console each time you reload page)

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hope rx400 support will come in the near future. It will be really nice option for cards with modded bios.

Yeah, Accually i tested this yesterday and i can release RX4800 version very soon.
The only case is that i temperature, fan and gpu/mem clocks  (status and controling) wont work.
So only miner status and speed will be shown and other system stats.
I already spoke with one of my clients, and that is no problem.
GPU Bios will take care of fan speed, gpu/mem can be hardcoded in bios so accually there is no problem.
So only stats of temperature cant be monitored, but since we are using rx480 which produces less heat than 380, in that case its no need for monitoring this Tongue
I will try to do such version, its simple.
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
Inactivity: 8963
Hope rx400 support will come in the near future. It will be really nice option for cards with modded bios.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
People see with eyes.
I will make video how it works but now i will tell you once again in steps and also screenshot of dashboard.
Keep in mind that for now, dashboard is tiny version, but it will have much more options.
Now i am working on realtime updates on dahsboard and overclocking/powertuning.

How to use it:
Download
flash it to pendrive
edit email in one file to yours
boot from pendrive
manage your rig at simplemining.net

Here is this bad looking dashboard but its working Tongue

https://simplemining.net/img/screenshot/screen.png
Jump to: