Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 594. (Read 834344 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Just an idea of improvment when coming to start up screen options for installing driver option like pre install steps.

Would you like to install drivers etc

AMD
NVID

Next moves on to os drivers such as .net frameworks etc if needed and after this to install miners you want to use on system like ethminer or claymore miner and then to have option to install 1 or the other or both and then crack on with setting up own pools and configurations for them pools to mine on.

I am tempted to mine on linux myself but would like to try this out first when theirs more options and features and usability to it.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
I have never used linux or ubuntu. I may should just leave this alone.
thats the point, you dont have to do anything with linux Smiley
just flash it to drive (if you have problem i can help you via team viewer this one time)
then insert your btc,eth and siyacoin addresses and wiola. you can boot it and forget about it.

I want to make this system as simple as possible and in week or two there will be managing rigs via website - simple and easy.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Yeah but my SSD doesnt show up in there. I have downloaded it.  Tongue

reformat the SSD with rufus-2.9.exe then try it may be windows doesn't see it,  I have had  the same issues using some SSD , SD, USB sticks etc  or try disk part in a windows cmd.the SSD might be formatted with some other OS that windows doesn't  like or see for windows fat . if that's your issue .
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
I have never used linux or ubuntu. I may should just leave this alone.
legendary
to some one else who asked it looks like it's ubuntu 16.04 and ubuntu 16.10 is in beta now just have to search for the beta version i saw it by mistake the other day, so don't remember were . !!!
Yeah but my SSD doesnt show up in there. I have downloaded it.  Tongue
legendary
How do you write a bin to a SSD? I have never used Linux before.

at that link he gives you a writer that does it called imageUSB.exe there is a link on his site for it. Smiley.

or

http://simplemining.net/download/imageUSB.exe
How do you write a bin to a SSD? I have never used Linux before.
legendary
or offer a one time charge like http://ethosdistro.com/kb/ does i bought a copy of that software i don't use it but still have it and do load it form time to time to see whats new, i like making my own and doing all my own custom set ups etc , after i learn how to .

Sense you said it's a hobby why not just offer some kind of reason able one time charge if you have no plans to make a living doing it and but want to help and feel you need some thing in return, which is cool .

I wish claymores miner offered a one time charge but that might be a little hard because of how it's used , i use it as much as i don't want to but it's kept up to date so right now it's about the best one to use .
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
It seems fair as alot has went into this. But the only thing is that now claymores miner has 2% and your software has 4% and pool has 1-2% then damn thats alot of percent. I am going to try one rig and see if it will help my cards get up and running. If so then it will be damn worth it to me cause I have about 10 380x cards that are not mining currently due to windows or motherboards issues. Hopefully this will help.
That completly true.
Thats why i made 0% fee.

In future i will think about making pool that will make profit for me and that will be all fee.

Anyway:
RELEASED new update v201
- it will apply itsel when rig is online
- it will add new config option so after update you have to edit config file end enter you siacoin wallet
It seems fair as alot has went into this. But the only thing is that now claymores miner has 2% and your software has 4% and pool has 1-2% then damn thats alot of percent. I am going to try one rig and see if it will help my cards get up and running. If so then it will be damn worth it to me cause I have about 10 380x cards that are not mining currently due to windows or motherboards issues. Hopefully this will help.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I also made some mistake about fee.
Currently v200 mines ethereum for you and using dualmode it mines second crypto (siacoin) for me.
But when we sum profit - i just been pointed out that siacoin is like 20% of whole profit.
Because of that there will be v201 version which will set FEE FOR MEto ZERO 0%.
And this 0% fee will be for longer period of time like 1-3 month.
When i figure out how to take only 2-4% from you guys and nothing more and i will make my software stable state and squeeze maximum profit for you guys - then i will set some fee for me.
I think that this is fair right ?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
As now there are 2 options. You can set what you want recive BTC or ETH.
If you set ETH then it will mine on dwarfpool (dagger hashimito) and send you eth.
If you set BTC then it will mine on nicehash (dagger hashimito) but send you btc. <- this option has like 10% less profit due to low profitability on nicehash but its for people who dont know what ethereum is and they want btc instead.

I think that custom pool will be possible soon but first i have to make other more important stuff like:
- short youtube video and some screenshots from installation and how it works
- auto mail notifications (like rig has been booted and some info about it - how many GPUs found etc)
- separate line OS version with 15.12 AMD driver (for 3xx/2xx/7000 cards and overclocking, powertuning stuff)
- basic Dashboard on website where you can login and see status and for now basic info about your rigs

If you have any ideas, problems or you badly need some option, let me know.
I have been having alot of trouble with window 10 recognizing my cards so i really hope this helps. Downloading as we speak. 45 mins remaining and going to put this on a 120gb SSD. Will let you know if there are any issues.

Edit: Can I use any pool or are they preset? Im using a smaller pool right now as the rewards have been very high for me!
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Would be nice if you got some screen shots of this in action and what OS or Linux it is based off.

I will try to do it today. Thx for feedback Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Would be nice if you got some screen shots of this in action and what OS or Linux it is based off.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Neat.  I'm going to build a dedicated mining rig soon (instead of just using my main pc) so I'll be sure to give it a whirl!
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi.
It has Claymore 5.0 miner already.
So normal speeds, but this is newest amd driver so there is still no tool to tweak gpu and memory clocks.
So benchmarking still not working.

Anyway i will make second distro which had 15.12 driver and supporrts overclocking but it will be not for RX400 cards.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Do you have any benchmark or picture regarding ur miner? Would love to see how fast can it run compare to claymore.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Jump to: