Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining , still worth it? - page 14. (Read 7308 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 07:51:01 PM
yep, just make sure u've got very powerful hardware not to burn your computer Cheesy  you can also invest in some kind of mining ico to get rid of all the additional expenses
Activity: 658
Merit: 253
March 25, 2018, 06:01:46 PM
If you already have a farm for mining, definitely worth to increase their power, something that you already have will compensate for new acquisitions, the market will return and you re crypto will earn from video card $7-8 a day.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
March 24, 2018, 08:21:19 PM
Im simulating mining with Electronium. I will be a whale someday, long after im dead tho:P

It is for those who wants to  leave forever. And have free electricity too  Grin

You have no idea what you are even talking about, dipstick  Grin  What do you mean to leave forever?  He's talking about simulated mining on a smart phone.  You don't need free electricity to power your smart phone.

Not that I personally mine etn with a smart phone, because it just isn't worth the hassle to me.  I sure as hell believe in the project and mine it with my Vega rig though.
Activity: 112
March 24, 2018, 01:59:26 AM
Im simulating mining with Electronium. I will be a whale someday, long after im dead tho:P

It is for those who wants to  leave forever. And have free electricity too  Grin
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
March 23, 2018, 08:37:47 PM

You mean long after your phone is dead, I think Wink
Activity: 48
March 23, 2018, 07:51:05 PM
Activity: 794
Merit: 272
March 23, 2018, 07:03:44 PM
well, the times for good profits, when a miner could earn 5-7$ per day from gtx 1080ti is long over
gladly I was able to ROI all may rigs, so I'm really OK with today's profits 1-1.5$  per card
will wait when profits will start to cone back again  ( 5- 6 month)

I get about 3.5-4 dollars per 1080 TI right now. That's not what it used to be but again it is a hell of a lot better than most.

It almost impossible  Smiley You could not get more then $1,5 per GPU in a day now. I mean now. Not in old good times.

My 5x R9 290 rig pulls in about 7.5 usd per day. With rig what would have 5x 1080 Ti probably would bring in over 15 usd a day.
If that's the calculation, what will be the amount spend on power consumption. Is the 15Usd is out of the power consumption charges.

I get about 30 dollars per day with my 8x 1080 TI rigs and the electricity cost is about 4.25 per day.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
March 23, 2018, 05:23:12 PM
well, the times for good profits, when a miner could earn 5-7$ per day from gtx 1080ti is long over
gladly I was able to ROI all may rigs, so I'm really OK with today's profits 1-1.5$  per card

I get about 3.5-4 dollars per 1080 TI right now. That's not what it used to be but again it is a hell of a lot better than most.

It almost impossible  Smiley You could not get more then $1,5 per GPU in a day now. I mean now. Not in old good times.

My 5x R9 290 rig pulls in about 7.5 usd per day. With rig what would have 5x 1080 Ti probably would bring in over 15 usd a day.
If that's the calculation, what will be the amount spend on power consumption. Is the 15Usd is out of the power consumption charges.
7.5 - power (3 usd)
Merit: 252
March 23, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

March 23, 2018, 04:56:51 PM
gladly I was able to ROI all may rigs, so I'm really OK with today's profits 1-1.5$  per card
will wait when profits will start to cone back again  ( 5- 6 month)

It almost impossible  Smiley You could not get more then $1,5 per GPU in a day now. I mean now. Not in old good times.

What makes you say that? Just look up on whattomine  perfomance of 1080ti and decrease it by 30%. Result could be astonishing Wink
Hate to burst your bubble there mate, but whattomine is pretty much useless tbh for bigger gains.
March 23, 2018, 04:08:23 PM

What makes you say that? Just look up on whattomine  perfomance of 1080ti and decrease it by 30%. Result could be astonishing Wink
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
March 23, 2018, 04:06:09 PM

1080 ti is capable RIGHT NOW of over $3/day - via merged folding.
If I could get my issues with Bittrex straightened out I'd be considering that option.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
March 23, 2018, 04:03:00 PM

Yeah, still 1080Ti is the best!

Titan V > 1080 ti for income.
We won't talk about the ROI though....

9-)
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
March 23, 2018, 03:10:57 PM
Look:

1) the Cue ball now costs about $8,500
2) Antminer S9 14 TH/s together with APW3++ costs $1864. With delivery it's about $ 2000
3) Antminer S9 now pays 0.001 BTC per day. It's about 0.03 BTC per month. Taking into account the increasing complexity of Antminer S9 for life without taking into account possible breakdowns will produce 0.03 BTC * (1 + Month increase in complexity) / Monthly increase in complexity (Because it is an infinitely decreasing geometric progression)
4) the Average increase of difficulty per month
- in 2017 was 17%
- in 1Q 2018 about 23%
5) So taking into account, say, 18% increase in complexity per month Antminer S9 will produce 0.03 BTC * (1 + 18%) / 18% = 0,197 BTC for life
6) but now the cost of equipment ($2000) you can buy $2000 / $8500 = 0,235 BTC

So you can either get 0,235 BTC now or buy the ASIC and to 0.197 inch BTC in 2-3 years.

What's the point? Why is someone buying asiks now?  Huh Huh Huh

Or am I wrong somewhere?  RollEyes

I did not take into account the fee for the confirmation of transactions.
How big is it? How much on average can you earn on this Commission on S9?  Huh.
March 23, 2018, 02:22:56 PM

March 23, 2018, 02:13:32 PM
The only thing that matters in mining is the time of selling your coins.. If you mine and keep your coins until ETH goes back to 1000$ you hit the bingo... You should NEVER watch what is the best coin to mine at current prices... (you should only if you are selling coins right away into $) This is the thing most miners are not capable to think about it.. Thats why every 3rd guy is crying about how shitty is to be a miner nowadays Smiley

I wake up and laugh at those guys every morning.  I've laughed at several.  Currently I'm enjoying a chuckle at the expense of dimpsk.  Grin Grin Grin

You are so funny. Thank ya for my perfect tune Smiley

Well if I gave it away then that would ruin it to some degree.   Wink

Actually not. I like fairy tales.
Activity: 794
Merit: 272
March 23, 2018, 01:52:59 PM
The only thing that matters in mining is the time of selling your coins.. If you mine and keep your coins until ETH goes back to 1000$ you hit the bingo... You should NEVER watch what is the best coin to mine at current prices... (you should only if you are selling coins right away into $) This is the thing most miners are not capable to think about it.. Thats why every 3rd guy is crying about how shitty is to be a miner nowadays Smiley

I wake up and laugh at those guys every morning.  I've laughed at several.  Currently I'm enjoying a chuckle at the expense of dimpsk.  Grin Grin Grin

Well if I gave it away then that would ruin it to some degree.   Wink
March 23, 2018, 12:33:20 PM

March 23, 2018, 12:31:13 PM

March 23, 2018, 12:29:16 PM
It's still worth it but in terms of buying new hardware right now it may be best to wait. It depends really on how much spare funds you can invest, another important aspect is if it will work out better just buying coins at the moment when the prices are relatively low.

It depends on what you are mining as well. There are some coins, not on whattomine, that are still 2-4 times more profitable that what is listed and known for a given GPU.

It is illusion. There no such profitable coins. In real life profitability will be worse for sure then  on  top  of whattomine for example.  I tried it not once.

It is no illusion... You just need to know where to look.  Wink

Then just name one of that Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: