Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining , still worth it? - page 13. (Read 7308 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
March 26, 2018, 02:20:39 PM

3. Especially, for me, mining using GPUs still worth because of I bought all mining Rig 1 year ago, only profit down if compared 1 year ago. I understand every miner is different in understanding the current mining.

If for you earning $0.20 a day per each 30mhs on eth is good then things are very bad where you live. Business wise, return of the money invested is 2000 days, that is 6 years, that is crazy, in europe, any business you open, if you don't get the return of your money in 1 year then it is called a failure. They close it and build something else.

i don't think, (or want to believe) there is noone outthere mining for 0,20$ per card after electricity costs. If that's the case.....well....they should be desperately poor to do that. or mentaly ill (or both). well, there is another option: to mine and pay the cost out of your pocket, which is like paying for mining , thinking you´ll eventually get profit. The graveyard is full of optimist people.

In my case is an average of 0,52$ per card after electricity costs (but my rigs are off right now). Also considering selling GPU's before cryptocurrencies crack with legislations and taxes and the market is flooded with them. I can get like 50% profit from what i paid for them right now. most of them were bought for like 220€ and i can get 350€ average each easy. that's a huge profit and i would forget about this nonsense. i would ROI instant with instant profit.

BTW , the market today is collapsing another time. One more time.

Not very big distance from net earn $0.2 to $0.5 on  GPU per day I presume.
March 26, 2018, 02:17:49 PM
Yes it is still profitable if you know what you're doing. Even now my cards bring me equivalent of 30,000-60.000 satoshi per day each. But if you're on Nicehash etc... not sure.

Apparantly nicehash is not the worst place here.
March 26, 2018, 02:16:04 PM
My mining rigs are not worth it anymore. UK electricity prices are pretty expensive. RX580 will get you $0.89/day

Was good while it lasted.

That's it. Nice to hear a smart folk among trolls bunches
March 26, 2018, 02:13:52 PM
Yeah, ventilation fans do not take away 30%.  Maybe if you're trying to use air conditioning, but not sure who in their right mind is going to do that.

Of course not. But tell us about your huge profits now. I want to get some fun Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
March 26, 2018, 01:27:51 PM
Yeah, ventilation fans do not take away 30%.  Maybe if you're trying to use air conditioning, but not sure who in their right mind is going to do that.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
March 26, 2018, 11:33:22 AM
Summer is coming to europeans, americans and russians and with summer at least 30% more to pay on the electric bill hehe, so if your trollmind says is profitable then you should calculate it again and deduct 30% more from your final net profit hehe

Nonsense, you'd better shut up troll. Prices are the same all year round, and we don't have to use heaters during summer.
Activity: 27
March 26, 2018, 08:42:55 AM
no i think not !
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Merit me or don't.
March 26, 2018, 07:43:37 AM
My mining rigs are not worth it anymore. UK electricity prices are pretty expensive. RX580 will get you $0.89/day

Was good while it lasted.

Activity: 266
Merit: 50
March 26, 2018, 07:43:32 AM
If for you earning $0.20 a day per each 30mhs on eth is good then things are very bad where you live. Business wise, return of the money invested is 2000 days, that is 6 years, that is crazy, in europe, any business you open, if you don't get the return of your money in 1 year then it is called a failure. They close it and build something else.

i don't think, (or want to believe) there is noone outthere mining for 0,20$ per card after electricity costs. If that's the case.....well....they should be desperately poor to do that. or mentaly ill (or both). well, there is another option: to mine and pay the cost out of your pocket, which is like paying for mining , thinking you´ll eventually get profit. The graveyard is full of optimist people.

In my case is an average of 0,52$ per card after electricity costs (but my rigs are off right now). Also considering selling GPU's before cryptocurrencies crack with legislations and taxes and the market is flooded with them. I can get like 50% profit from what i paid for them right now. most of them were bought for like 220€ and i can get 350€ average each easy. that's a huge profit and i would forget about this nonsense. i would ROI instant with instant profit.

Answers to your analysis:

I understand every miner is different in understanding the current mining.

I still mining since @OP wrote the topic 6 March 2018 until you wrote those reply. I don't need and approve your calculations for stopping or no in mining. and I don't influence anyone for mining or no.what you think isn't worth isn't necessarily the same for others and vice versa what I think worth isn't necessarily the same for others.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
March 26, 2018, 07:35:20 AM
Yes it is still profitable if you know what you're doing. Even now my cards bring me equivalent of 30,000-60.000 satoshi per day each. But if you're on Nicehash etc... not sure.
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
March 26, 2018, 06:47:55 AM

3. Especially, for me, mining using GPUs still worth because of I bought all mining Rig 1 year ago, only profit down if compared 1 year ago. I understand every miner is different in understanding the current mining.

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
March 26, 2018, 06:38:13 AM

Activity: 266
Merit: 50
March 26, 2018, 05:59:43 AM
Mining, still worth it?

1. Depends on when you purchasing GPUs: one year ago, two years ago, or when prices are high from 4 months ago.

2. Depends on the electricity bill, every country is different.

March 26, 2018, 05:16:42 AM
although that can be true for others, it's not for me. I have a fixed electricity price all the year, so my price is always the same. 0.115€ Kwh x 26% taxes = 0.145€ = 0.18$

In summer, electronics use 30% more electricity than winter, they require more for cooling and safety. In summer is normal for you to see 30% more on your electricity bill.

For example, a mining rig which use 800 watts on winter, will use 940 watts on summer to work the same as the 800 watts on winter. Cold all year long helps to save money on the electricity bill.

although that can be true for others, it's not for me. I have a fixed electricity price all the year, so my price is always the same. 0.115€ Kwh x 26% taxes = 0.145€ = 0.18$

i live by the sea, and that's also a factor to consider. in summer outside can be at 40ºC. That will force me to turn on the air conditioning increasing my electricty cost for the same or less profit than now. Normally you have to turn it on. But 10 gpus generate a lot of heat.

the problem is not holding ETH The problem is that once PoS is applied, what will people with 1 or 2 or maybe 3 coins have to do, if Vitalik applies like 1000 coins to enter in PoS??? They will be forced to sell before PoS at low prices because they can risk of losing it all. Then those cheap coins will be bought by whales to increase their participation in PoS and get more money from smart contracts using ETH.

This strategy is clear as fuck. I see a lot of people buying ETH because they feel ETH will be here. They think once PoS applied you will be able to buy it, sell it, or even trade it. How are you going to be able to do that, if the coin will believe to the chain???

PoS means you , as a participant, will be paid according to the number of coins you attached to the chain. The more coins, the more money to get when companys do smart contracts.  i can believe how dumb people are. Then, when they lose money, they cry like children.

Maybe that's why ETH is the worst top 5 coins performer. While BTC has won 8% in the last week, ETH has lost 9.2% . Reality says this is not gonna end well for ETH.
Xtreme Monster
March 26, 2018, 05:08:37 AM

In summer, electronics use 30% more electricity than winter, they require more for cooling and safety. In summer is normal for you to see 30% more on your electricity bill.

For example, a mining rig which use 800 watts on winter, will use 940 watts on summer to work the same as the 800 watts on winter. Cold all year long helps to save money on the electricity bill.

A gpu card which works at 850mv on winter will need at least 900mv to work on summer. Usually if you are an experienced miner, you have settings for winter and summer to save electricity, you can keep your summer settings for winter but cant keep your winter settings for summer. However if you keep your summer settings for winter then you will be wasting electricity too cause on winter things work so much better so you have to undervolt a lot till you find the right value for the average temperature of the winter. It is a lot of work, so many people just leave the summer settings for winter.
March 26, 2018, 05:05:07 AM
Summer is coming to europeans, americans and russians and with summer at least 30% more to pay on the electric bill hehe, so if your trollmind says is profitable then you should calculate it again and deduct 30% more from your final net profit hehe

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=180.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.2&hcost=450.0&commit=Calculate

Already did the thing for you on the electricity side, looks like your final profit per day per card will be $0.30 but put much lower cause pools steal 30% of your profit so in the end 1 x rx 580 30 mhs will give you $0.20 per day mining 24/7 on summer hehe.  ROI per card extended to 2000 days ehhe

the problem is not holding. The problem is that once PoS is applied, what will people with 1 or 2 or maybe 3 coins have to do, if Vitalik applies like 1000 coins to enter in PoS??? They will be forced to sell before PoS at low prices because they can risk of losing it all. Then those cheap coins will be bought by whales to increase their participation in PoS and get more money from smart contracts using ETH.

This strategy is clear as fuck.

Maybe that's why ETH is the worst top 5 coins performer. While BTC has won 8% in the last week, ETH has lost 9.2% . Reality says this is not gonna end well for ETH.
Xtreme Monster
March 26, 2018, 04:55:37 AM

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=180.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.2&hcost=450.0&commit=Calculate

Already did the thing for you on the electricity side, looks like your final profit per day per card will be $0.30 but put much lower cause pools steal 30% of your profit so in the end 1 x rx 580 30 mhs will give you $0.20 per day mining 24/7 on summer hehe.  ROI per card extended to 2000 days ehhe

Soon eth will have to triple its price, right now eth is really cheap and a bullrun is 100% certain. Given the difficult and how much miners are earning per rx 580. I'd say  miners would be stupid to even think about selling eth at this price.
March 26, 2018, 04:41:51 AM
let me tackle this straight forward to solve this stupid conversation if it's profitable or not.

my 10 gpus (RX 580's and RX 570's) are doing 316,5 mh/s (a very good number TBH). the rig uses around 1500W.  (all undervolted , RX 570 about 830-840mv and RX 580 about 860-880mv at 1240 core). So pretty nice performance.

At this very momment, i would be getting like 0.677 ETH/month according to difficulty status right now (which is BTW hyperbig). Vitalik applied Byzantium when difficulty was about 3. We are now at 3,2-3,3.

my monthly income, at current prices considering this numbers, (+pool fee 1% + stale shares) would be of 347$

When i add to that the cost of electricity 0.18$ / Kwh (i pay in Spain in Euros, so my price is 0,115€ (one of the best, if not THE BEST price here + taxes 26% on top), it gives a total profit after electricity costs of 152$ per month.

if i convert it to € (in Spain we use € not $), i get 122€.

forgot about ROI (yes, i use ROI). At current prices, 2 years. All of my cards were bought in the cheap. my most expensive card, i paid for it 300€. Most of my RX 570 and RX 580 were bought for prices around 205 to 250€ (250$ to 309$). So i didn't even expend a lot of money in the cards. Those people that have bought cards for double that amount (my cards are actually 399€ for RX 570 and 429-459 for RX 580) , well, they are completely REKT right now.

Are you telling me that mining is profitable??? NO, IT'S NOT. You can believe in the future if you want. You can believe and ghosts, in God or whatever fucked up reason to continue mining a coin that will enter PoS in just 3 months from now. You can do it. You can even say that you are going to continue mining because eventually ETH will go up and you´ll get your part from it. You can also believe that if you buy your ticket, you can win the lottery.

BUT, if you consider the situation worldwide, the problems governments and banks are putting to crypto, the technical analysis , the bad news, the regulations, taxes and laws that are planning on destroying anonymity in crypto, being optimistic right now about this is just a FUD to yourself. you are misleading yourself.

The reason why you cannot accept reality, is because it would mean a fail for you. You guys are actually faith blinded. You need to believe in this market because you don't want to accept this. No matter if you are getting little to no profit at all. you believe in something that it's NOT PROFITABLE RIGHT NOW ar at least, not worth the effort.

Psicologist say that many many people don't react correctly to external inputs, to reality because their minds have been taught not to change. Mine can change. I invested little money here, just to take a shot. But this is not profitable at present.

my numbers talk clearly for me. Maybe , depending on the coin, on electricity costs, on hardware and all that, you can get enough profit to say "it's worth". But for me. It's not worth. Numbers talk. This is not OPINION. This are FACTS for me. This cannot be discussed. I will not use my money to help construct ETH chain if i don't get nice profit. You can do it if you want.
Activity: 102
Merit: 1
March 26, 2018, 03:54:20 AM
Im simulating mining with Electronium. I will be a whale someday, long after im dead tho:P

Bwahahahaha .... Grin

What a crap coin.

Activity: 280
Merit: 18
@berytry
March 26, 2018, 12:54:04 AM
many of which affect the provit mining factors, such as electricity costs. because electricity is not only used for RIG but also used for air conditioner. besides the provit mining effect if the amount of miner is very much, the more miner then the less chance we provit. in my country, currently mining provit, but not so big.
Pages:
Jump to: