Pages:
Author

Topic: miniZ v2.0a Equihash 144,5 125,4 210,9 150,5 192,7 BeamHash3 ProgPoW Ethash CFX - page 14. (Read 59063 times)

Activity: 547
Merit: 250
125,4 is not working on RTX 3060Ti, driver 465.89

Activity: 679
Merit: 17
Hi miniZ,

i have slower speeds on my testcard GTX970 mining beamhash3. At version 1.6v3 i get up to 9 hashes, but all newer versions i only get around 4 - 5 hash. I run --ocX several times, but it stands on 4 -5 hash.
Hi sxemini,
Thanks for letting us know.
We may have changed the kernel without realising that it was affecting those GPUs.
Could you let us know which kernel was miniZ running with your GPU, with version 1.6v3, when you got 9 hash?
You can use --show-mode to see this information in the log output.
Cheers,
miniZ

Hey sorry for the late response. I use mode 0 for my GTX970.

Hi sxemini,
Thanks for the feedback!
We'll try to fix this in the next release.
Cheers,
miniZ
RTX3060Ti 8GB
RTX3060 12GB

anyone try equihash 210,9 ?

Hi igotek,
Although we did not test on that specific model.
It should work well with all RTX 30XX Smiley
Let us know how it works for you.
Cheers,
miniZ
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
Hi miniZ,

i have slower speeds on my testcard GTX970 mining beamhash3. At version 1.6v3 i get up to 9 hashes, but all newer versions i only get around 4 - 5 hash. I run --ocX several times, but it stands on 4 -5 hash.
Hi sxemini,
We may have changed the kernel without realising that it was affecting those GPUs.
Could you let us know which kernel was miniZ running with your GPU, with version 1.6v3, when you got 9 hash?
Cheers,
miniZ

Hey sorry for the late response. I use mode 0 for my GTX970.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
RTX3060Ti 8GB
RTX3060 12GB

anyone try equihash 210,9 ?
Hi miniZ,

Hi sxemini,
Cheers,
miniZ

Sorry for the late response.  I don't check back that often.

It's better, but still getting "Stale share: Invalid job id" every so often.

Hi guytechie,
Indeed it looks better, but it would be necessary a long term statistic to understand if the number of stale jobs falls within an acceptable range of values.
We suggest you to run miniZ with --show-shares to show submitted/stale/rejected shares.
We'll continue to investigate this. (You're mining to zpool.ca right?)
Thank your for the update!
Cheers,
miniZ
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
Hi miniZ,

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

Sorry I typed wrong in the forum.  I did use oc2, not ocx2.  It is better with --cleanjobs and stales=99.  However, it doesn't report the hashrate on zpool's dashboard for some weird reason.

Hi guytechie,
It is better not to use --cleanjobs.
It works on very few pools and with the last version of miniZ there is no benefit in using it. It can cause high number of invalid shares. We will remove this option on the next version.
Could you try again without this option and let us know if the issue is solved? We are not able to reproduce the same problem.
Thanks!
Cheers,
miniZ

Sorry for the late response.  I don't check back that often.

It's better, but still getting "Stale share: Invalid job id" every so often.

The problem is, if I have a wallet with "." or an email address. This happens for MiningRigRentals, for example. We need . as wallet there. Another case is, if you need to use an eMail address for auth to a pool. miniZ seems to think, the Workername starts after the first "." it finds.

So, either, you allow using url-encoded characters, or you use everything after the last dot, or you come back to separate username / workername parameters.
Hi rainbowminer,
Thank you for your message.
We think we understand your request and will implement it on the next build.
Cheers,
miniZ

Sorry I typed wrong in the forum.  I did use oc2, not ocx2.  It is better with --cleanjobs and stales=99.  However, it doesn't report the hashrate on zpool's dashboard for some weird reason.

Hi guytechie,
It is better not to use --cleanjobs.
It works on very few pools and with the last version of miniZ there is no benefit in using it. It can cause high number of invalid shares. We will remove this option on the next version.
Could you try again without this option and let us know if the issue is solved? We are not able to reproduce the same problem.
Thanks!
Cheers,
miniZ
Activity: 95
Merit: 2

Hi,

we need (or is there already?) a way to specify the workername, especially important for Ethash and all ProgPow algorithms. MiniZ seems to always use the current machine name and add it to the username. This works for some, but not for all pools.

RBM
Hi rainbowminer,
We are not sure we understand your question.
You can specify the worker name.
Generically the command line is, for example:

miniZ.exe --url=YourWallet.Workername@PoolServer:PortNumber --log --extra

Does this help?
You can find more specific examples in out FAQ page.

Cheers,
miniZ

The problem is, if I have a wallet with "." or an email address. This happens for MiningRigRentals, for example. We need . as wallet there. Another case is, if you need to use an eMail address for auth to a pool. miniZ seems to think, the Workername starts after the first "." it finds.

So, either, you allow using url-encoded characters, or you use everything after the last dot, or you come back to separate username / workername parameters.
I stated too early.  It works as far as disconnecting correctly, but it would start giving stale shares after a while  (zpool.ca on 192,7).  Not sure why.  Happens in Windows and Linux both using latest drivers.  Not OC'd.

Hi guytechie,

The stales might be related to ocx, we will investigate.
For now, if you know in advance what is the best mode, it is best to just add it to the command line using --mode.

Thank you for the feedback!
Cheers,
miniZ

Hi miniZ.  Ocx1 doesn't work, but ocx2 it works.  However, even setting it manually to ocx2 I get stales after a few good shares.

Update: Nevermind, they seem to be stale shares invalid job I'd.  But it still stays 100% and green.
Hi guytechie,

Regarding the oc options, it is best to clarify that the ocx option runs a few available miniZ kernels and chooses the one that performs best. Then --oc1 or --oc2 (not ocx1 or ocx2!) will set a specific kernel mode for the GPU, these kernels were found to perform best under certain oc settings. It may work for you, but if you feel that it is not optimal for your settings you can run ocx.

Regarding the stale share issue, could you paste here your command line? Are you running miniZ with --cleanjobs option?
If you are getting too many stale shares we need to check it out.
Thanks!
Cheers,
miniZ

I stated too early.  It works as far as disconnecting correctly, but it would start giving stale shares after a while  (zpool.ca on 192,7).  Not sure why.  Happens in Windows and Linux both using latest drivers.  Not OC'd.

Hi guytechie,

For now, if you know in advance what is the best mode, it is best to just add it to the command line using --mode.

Cheers,
miniZ

Hi miniZ.  Ocx1 doesn't work, but ocx2 it works.  However, even setting it manually to ocx2 I get stales after a few good shares.

Update: Nevermind, they seem to be stale shares invalid job I'd.  But it still stays 100% and green.
Hi guytechie,

Regarding the oc options, it is best to clarify that the ocx option runs a few available miniZ kernels and chooses the one that performs best. Then --oc1 or --oc2 (not ocx1 or ocx2!) will set a specific kernel mode for the GPU, these kernels were found to perform best under certain oc settings. It may work for you, but if you feel that it is not optimal for your settings you can run ocx.

Regarding the stale share issue, could you paste here your command line? Are you running miniZ with --cleanjobs option?
If you are getting too many stale shares we need to check it out.
Thanks!
Cheers,
miniZ

Hi,

we need (or is there already?) a way to specify the workername, especially important for Ethash and all ProgPow algorithms. MiniZ seems to always use the current machine name and add it to the username. This works for some, but not for all pools.

RBM
Hi rainbowminer,
We are not sure we understand your question.
You can specify the worker name.
Generically the command line is, for example:

miniZ.exe --url=YourWallet.Workername@PoolServer:PortNumber --log --extra

Does this help?
You can find more specific examples in out FAQ page.

Cheers,
miniZ

Hi guytechie,

Cheers,
miniZ

Update: Nevermind, they seem to be stale shares invalid job I'd.  But it still stays 100% and green.
Activity: 200
Merit: 3
miniZ 1.7x3 & 1.7x4 fails mining Ethash @ ProHashing

Code:
miniZ.exe --par=Ethash --ocX --url ##################@prohashing.com:3339 --pass a=Ethash,m=pps,n=############## --jobtimeout=900 --retries=99 --retrydelay=1 --stat-int 10 --latency --extra --tempunits C --show-pers --fee-time=60 --telemetry 4003 --cuda-devices 0
************ miniZ v1.7x4 ************
Algo:           EQ[ethash] [smart-pers]
Pool#0:         user[########################.#########]
                server[prohashing.com] port[3339] ssl[no] pers[]
Telemetry:      [http://localhost:4003]
Optimisation:   ocX[0]
Temp. limit:    [90°C]
[INFO   ] Mining fee set to 0.75%
miniZ[49:0:00.0:5008]: Selecting GPU#0[0] GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
[FATAL  ] GPU[0]: CUDA error 77 'an illegal memory access was encountered' in line 824

Other pools, e.g. NiceHash are working with miniZ

GPU is a GTX 1660 Super 6GB

Hi UselessGuru,

Thank you for your message!

For now you need to add stratum1 to the url, in the command line:

--url=stratum1://[email protected]:3339

In the next release this will not be necessary anymore.

Cheers,
miniZ

Thank you!
Activity: 95
Merit: 2

Hi,

RBM
I stated too early.  It works as far as disconnecting correctly, but it would start giving stale shares after a while  (zpool.ca on 192,7).  Not sure why.  Happens in Windows and Linux both using latest drivers.  Not OC'd.

Hi guytechie,

Cheers,
miniZ
miniZ 1.7x3 & 1.7x4 fails mining Ethash @ ProHashing

Code:
miniZ.exe --par=Ethash --ocX --url ##################@prohashing.com:3339 --pass a=Ethash,m=pps,n=############## --jobtimeout=900 --retries=99 --retrydelay=1 --stat-int 10 --latency --extra --tempunits C --show-pers --fee-time=60 --telemetry 4003 --cuda-devices 0
************ miniZ v1.7x4 ************
Algo:           EQ[ethash] [smart-pers]
Pool#0:         user[########################.#########]
                server[prohashing.com] port[3339] ssl[no] pers[]
Telemetry:      [http://localhost:4003]
Optimisation:   ocX[0]
Temp. limit:    [90°C]
[INFO   ] Mining fee set to 0.75%
miniZ[49:0:00.0:5008]: Selecting GPU#0[0] GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
[FATAL  ] GPU[0]: CUDA error 77 'an illegal memory access was encountered' in line 824

Other pools, e.g. NiceHash are working with miniZ

GPU is a GTX 1660 Super 6GB

Hi UselessGuru,

Thank you for your message!

For now you need to add stratum1 to the url, in the command line:

--url=stratum1://[email protected]:3339

In the next release this will not be necessary anymore.

Cheers,
miniZ
Pages:
Jump to: