Pages:
Author

Topic: miniZ v2.0a Equihash 144,5 125,4 210,9 150,5 192,7 BeamHash3 ProgPoW Ethash CFX - page 13. (Read 59063 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hello, I want to work with miniz in my whole farm. It rejects many packages. What is the solution to this? There is no such error in other programs. Thank You.

Hive OS - 12x RTX 3060

Accepted Ratio:3000
Accepted Rejected Invalid:400

Hi multimesut,
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
We fixed the issue with rejected shares and will be corrected in the next version.
It should be out soon.

Great to know that the version worked out with all your GPUs! 🙂
Cheers

Hi miniZ Developers,

This is very good news. Smiley congratulations on your success.  If there is a beta version I would like to try it. 
Cheers
Activity: 679
Merit: 17
Hello, I want to work with miniz in my whole farm. It rejects many packages. What is the solution to this? There is no such error in other programs. Thank You.

Hive OS - 12x RTX 3060

Hi multimesut,
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
We fixed the issue with rejected shares and will be corrected in the next version.
It should be out soon.

Great to know that the version worked out with all your GPUs! 🙂
Cheers
Activity: 7

Hive OS - 12x RTX 3060

https://imgur.com/culmayD
https://imgur.com/mvo61Jz
https://imgur.com/6xkGruC
Hello,

1.8y3 API stopped working with minerstat Windows.
Uploaded 1.8y2 until resolved.

Code:
"127.0.0.1", 20000
{\"id\":0, \"method\":\"getstat\"}\n

Returns empty response, no headers needed with TCP query. Can you take a look at that?

On msOS Linux different TCP query method was working.
However, the header was inline in the text before the JSON API not as a header.
Hi coinscrow,

Could you paste here the code you are using to open api?

Thanks!
Cheers
Activity: 1596
Merit: 305
minerstat CEO
Hello,

1.8y3 API stopped working with minerstat Windows.
Uploaded 1.8y2 until resolved.

Code:
"127.0.0.1", 20000
{\"id\":0, \"method\":\"getstat\"}\n

Returns empty response, no headers needed with TCP query. Can you take a look at that?

On msOS Linux different TCP query method was working.
However, the header was inline in the text before the JSON API not as a header.
Activity: 200
Merit: 3
  • Added HTTP headers to json api.

How do I access stat information using the API in v1.8y3?

For older versions I could use (PowerShell based on https://miniz.ch/2018/07/28/trouble-running-miniz/#comment-138):

Code:
        $Request = '{ "id":"0", "method":"getstat" }'
        $Timeout = 5
        $Response = ""
        $Port = 4004

Try {
            $Response = Invoke-TcpRequest "localhost" -Port $Port -Request $Request -Timeout $Timeout -ErrorAction Stop
            $Data = $Response | ConvertFrom-Json -ErrorAction Stop
        }
        Catch {
            Return $null
        }

All I get now is:

Code:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK

Hi UselessGuru,

Thank you for the feedback.

We added the headers to be more compatible, if the request is http then the answer should also be http.

Try this modification inside your Try {} response code:

Code:
Try {
  $Response = Invoke-TcpRequest "localhost" -Port $Port -Request $Request -Timeout $Timeout -ReadToEnd 1 -ErrorAction Stop
  $Data = $Response.Substring($Response.IndexOf("{")) | ConvertFrom-Json -ErrorAction Stop
}

Let us know if this solved your issue.
Cheers,
miniZ

Thank you for your quick response.

$Response = Invoke-TcpRequest "localhost" -Port $Port -Request $Request -Timeout $Timeout -ReadToEnd 1 -ErrorAction Stop

gives me

Code:
Invoke-TcpRequest: A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'ReadToEnd'.

Please post your version of Invoke-TcpRequest.
My version can be found here:
https://github.com/Minerx117/NemosMiner/blob/testing/Includes/Include.psm1

I am using PowerShell 7.2-rc5

Edit: I found another version of Invoke-TcpRequest here

https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/issues/1918#issuecomment-533918209 (by me actually - I knew the issue sounded familiar)

that is working like a charm. Thank you!

For older versions I could use (PowerShell based on https://miniz.ch/2018/07/28/trouble-running-miniz/#comment-138):

Code:
        $Timeout = 5
        $Response = ""
        $Port = 4004

Try {
            $Response = Invoke-TcpRequest "localhost" -Port $Port -Request $Request -Timeout $Timeout -ErrorAction Stop
        }
        Catch {
            Return $null
        }

All I get now is:

Code:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK

Hi UselessGuru,

Thank you for the feedback.

We added the headers to be more compatible, if the request is http then the answer should also be http.

Try this modification inside your Try {} response code:

Code:
Try {
  $Data = $Response.Substring($Response.IndexOf("{")) | ConvertFrom-Json -ErrorAction Stop
}

Let us know if this solved your issue.
Cheers,
miniZ
Activity: 200
Merit: 3

Code:
        $Timeout = 5
        $Response = ""
        $Port = 4004

Try {
        }
        Catch {
            Return $null
        }

All I get now is:

Code:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback!

A new  miniZ v1.8y3  is out!

Please find miniZ version v1.8y3 @ Download page.

Changelog:

• Added kernel for Ethash mining locked GPUs (RTX 3060 default mode 80).
      Use 461.40 (Windows) or 460.39 (Linux) drivers for best performance, although any driver should work.
  • Added dag verification on ETH.
  • Improvements 150/5 for RTX 30XX GPUs, up to 8%.
  • Added --mt-auto, --mt-dump and --mt options to adjust memory timings on Linux. (read below)
  • Fixed low hashrate on Windows 7 while mining ETH, on some GPUs.
  • Added mining rentals, and other pools, to magic list.
  • Minor bug fixes.

About  --mt options (Linux only): (Check Usage or FAQ pages.)
* The --mt options will only apply settings to Pascal devices (known to work well with GTX 1080, GTX 1080Ti), and will require super user permissions.
   Also, these are usually applied to ethash/progpow algos, however equihash algos may also benefit from them.
* If you are unsure about the timing values, use the --mt-dump option first to get a hint. Lower values usually will give a better performance.
* Remember when using the --mt option to always specify the timing pair, with the values separated by ‘.’ such as ‘16.5’.
* If you have multiple devices you can specify multiple values like this --mt 16.5,0,16.5. The 0 means no timings should be applied.
* Warning: some values will be invalid for your GPU and may cause the driver/GPU to crash. In this case you will need to restart your rig/system/computer. Use with caution.

Remember to try --oc1/--oc2/--ocX options for optimum performance.

Regarding the Ethash mining locked GPUs feature, let us know if there is interest on mining lock workarounds for other GPUs and algos (equihash should not be affected by this lock).
We'll keep working on this, and see if we can make improvements. If you experience issues with locked devices it may be worth to have a look at lolminer that was the first miner trying to address this issue.

Download miniZ v1.8y3  version here.

For additional information check our Usage or FAQ pages.    

Follow us
On Twitter

Let us know how it goes!

Happy mining!
Activity: 95
Merit: 2
@miniZ: Could you please explain the stratum/stratum1/stratum2 differences? Which is targeted for which of the different Ethash connection modes (stratum/ethproxy/qtminer/..) ? And last question: how to deal with SSL connection and the stratum1/stratum2?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Hi rainbowminer,

Unfortunately there is no standard for the ethereum stratum protocol, we found that there were at least five different ethereum stratum protocols. Unless the pool is on some "magic" list, when the miner is connecting to the mining pool it is impossible for the miner to know which stratum protocol it should use. After we connect with the wrong protocol the mining pool may disconnect or apply a temporary ban. So connecting again and trying a different stratum is not a great option. We choose to make our "magic" list as complete as possible but we forgot about MiningRigRentals 😊

Also there is no standard between miners in what they call stratum stratum1 or stratum2... which makes things even more tough.

For ssl connection with MiningRigRentals just write ssl+stratum2://, it should work (let us know if you encounter any issues). For the pools on the 'magic' list (most of them) ssl:// would do.

Cheers,
miniZ

Thank you for that reply!
I know pretty well about that lack of a standard. It took me a considerable amount of research to get all pools and miners working together for ethash with RainbowMiner. So, I am pretty happy about your "magic" list Smiley Good work!

I'll include that ssl+stratum2:// into the miniZ mining module.

@miniZ: Could you please explain the stratum/stratum1/stratum2 differences? Which is targeted for which of the different Ethash connection modes (stratum/ethproxy/qtminer/..) ? And last question: how to deal with SSL connection and the stratum1/stratum2?

Hi rainbowminer,

Unfortunately there is no standard for the ethereum stratum protocol, we found that there were at least five different ethereum stratum protocols. Unless the pool is on some "magic" list, when the miner is connecting to the mining pool it is impossible for the miner to know which stratum protocol it should use. After we connect with the wrong protocol the mining pool may disconnect or apply a temporary ban. So connecting again and trying a different stratum is not a great option. We choose to make our "magic" list as complete as possible but we forgot about MiningRigRentals 😊

Also there is no standard between miners in what they call stratum stratum1 or stratum2... which makes things even more tough.

For ssl connection with MiningRigRentals just write ssl+stratum2://, it should work (let us know if you encounter any issues). For the pools on the 'magic' list (most of them) ssl:// would do.

Cheers,
miniZ

Code:
stratum2://
did the job. Thank you!
Thank you for the new version.

There is a problem on MiningRigRentals. I just tried to connect to an active Etchash rental (works in Trex, Gminer), but miniZ v1.8y2 fails:

Commandline:
Code:
miniZ.exe --telemetry=33000 -cd 0 1 2 3 4 5 [email protected]:3344 -p x --gpu-line --extra --latency --par=etchash

Result:
Code:
************ miniZ v1.8y2 ************
Algo:           EQ[etchash] [smart-pers]
Pool#0:         user[whoever.123456]
                server[eu-01.miningrigrentals.com] port[3344] ssl[no] pers[ethash]
Telemetry:      [http://localhost:33000]
Temp. limit:    [90 C]
[INFO   ] Mining fee set to 0.75%
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#3[3] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#0[0] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#5[5] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#2[2] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#1[1] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#4[4] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
[ERROR  ] Socket write error2.
write: No error

Hi rainbowminer,

Thank you for the feedback!

You will need to add stratum2:// to --url. Also --par ethash --pers etchash.

The following should work:
Code:
miniZ.exe --telemetry=33000 -cd 0 1 2 3 4 5 --url=stratum2://[email protected]:3344 -p x --gpu-line --extra --latency --par=ethash --pers etchash

Let us know how it goes.
Cheers,
miniZ
Thank you for the new version.

There is a problem on MiningRigRentals. I just tried to connect to an active Etchash rental (works in Trex, Gminer), but miniZ v1.8y2 fails:

Commandline:
Code:
miniZ.exe --telemetry=33000 -cd 0 1 2 3 4 5 [email protected]:3344 -p x --gpu-line --extra --latency --par=etchash

Result:
Code:
************ miniZ v1.8y2 ************
Algo:           EQ[etchash] [smart-pers]
Pool#0:         user[whoever.123456]
                server[eu-01.miningrigrentals.com] port[3344] ssl[no] pers[ethash]
Telemetry:      [http://localhost:33000]
Temp. limit:    [90 C]
[INFO   ] Mining fee set to 0.75%
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#3[3] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#0[0] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#5[5] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#2[2] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#1[1] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
miniZ[50:0:00.0:6798]: Selecting GPU#4[4] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Hi everyone,

Thank you for staying with miniZ!
Sorry for taking longer than usual for this new release.

A new miniZ v1.8y version is out with added support for the Ethash and Etchash algos, now on the main build! And many improvements and fixes!

Please find miniZ v1.8y version @ Download page.

Changelog:

* UPDATE: Fixed GTX 1660 regression while mining flux. - v1.8y2
 * Added support for Ethash and Etchash mining. Ethereum mining, most Ethash coins, and Ethereum Classic.
 * Improvements for Flux, on RTX 30XX.
 * Fixed invalid shares on Flux, and ETH.
 * Added Maxwell kernel for Beam.
 * Fixed kernel for 1650 Ti, RTX 3060, and Quadro T1000 on Beam.
 * Added algo and pers details to Telemetry.
 * Options --server and --port can be used separately. (Fixing issue with NiceHash "there is no pool selected".)
 * Added --forcenvml, to force GPU monitoring.
 * Intensity option was modified.
 * When no worker name is specified, miniZ doesn't make worker=rig's name anymore.
 * No need to add stratum1 to url, for ETH, on Proshashing.
 * Improved stale shares.
 * No need to add stratum/stratum1/stratum2 to url, for ETH, on most pools. (Let us know if this is not the case for your pool.)

You can check Ethash performance here.

Remember to try --oc1/--oc2/--ocX options for optimum performance.

Download miniZ v1.8y  version here.

For additional information check our Usage or FAQ pages.    

Follow us
On Twitter

Let us know how it goes!

Happy mining!
Activity: 2

In any case, have you tried to adjust power? You can limit power to a lower value and the GPU will slow down, which will decrease temperature. This may be a good option for what you want to achieve. You can use MSI Aferburner.

Let us know if this helped.

I tried Nvidia Inspector to bring the power down to 60%. It's now cool (64°C) and silent. And I lost far less mining power than 40%, more like 15% -- sol/W went up from 0,45 to 1, so it's much more efficient than before!

Thx, all perfect now!

I have a problem with miniZ and the intensity switch.

short: if intensity is not at the default 100 (%) but set to any value (even at 95) the work stops completely after a short time

long:
I run miniZ with default settings to mine BTCZ (144,5) on BTCzAppPool with an Nvidia GeForce RTC 2070 SUPER and everything works fine. But my GPU temp is around a red 74°C and I want to sacrifice some of the mining speed to lower the temp (and fan volume Wink)
I tried various intensity settings but they all have the card running at full power for a short time (about a minute, I guess in this time miniZ is measuring what 100% is) and then work drops to zero -- the online miner chart goes down to zero and the onscreen I/s and Sol/s (which are averages over some time) also go down fast towards 0. This happens even at --intensity=95
The intensity value I set is shown correctly in the startup sequence but it always shuts down work after some time.

What can I do/try?

Thanks for all help in andvance!

Hi stevie69,

In general, the response of the intensity function depends on the algorithm. It really needs to be adjusted for each system. However, it looks that for the 144,5 is not optimised. We'll have a look at this for the next release.

In any case, have you tried to adjust power? You can limit power to a lower value and the GPU will slow down, which will decrease temperature. This may be a good option for what you want to achieve. You can use MSI Aferburner.

Let us know if this helped.
Cheers
Activity: 2
I have a problem with miniZ and the intensity switch.

short: if intensity is not at the default 100 (%) but set to any value (even at 95) the work stops completely after a short time

long:
I run miniZ with default settings to mine BTCZ (144,5) on BTCzAppPool with an Nvidia GeForce RTC 2070 SUPER and everything works fine. But my GPU temp is around a red 74°C and I want to sacrifice some of the mining speed to lower the temp (and fan volume Wink)
I tried various intensity settings but they all have the card running at full power for a short time (about a minute, I guess in this time miniZ is measuring what 100% is) and then work drops to zero -- the online miner chart goes down to zero and the onscreen I/s and Sol/s (which are averages over some time) also go down fast towards 0. This happens even at --intensity=95
The intensity value I set is shown correctly in the startup sequence but it always shuts down work after some time.

What can I do/try?

Thanks for all help in andvance!
Hi Platinum,
Thank you for the feedback!

For the 125,4 the default kernel for the 3060 is not working. Please add --mode 6 to your command line.

We'll fix this for the next version. We'll work to make improvements as well.
Cheers
Pages:
Jump to: