Pages:
Author

Topic: miniZ v2.0a Equihash 144,5 125,4 210,9 150,5 192,7 BeamHash3 ProgPoW Ethash CFX - page 6. (Read 58981 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 2
I've found some issues with fan control: if card can't go below certain fan %(like Colorful Vulcan and MSI Gaming Trio won't allow you to go below 30% fan speed) when GPU temperature drops below targeted, miner will stop controlling its fans completely, so they will remain at 30% even if temperatures will start to go up again.
Activity: 60
Merit: 20
I have tried miniZ v1.9 to mine an Equihash 144_5 coin recently.

But, I found this miniZ miner program lacks basic transparency for miners:

1. It fails to display network difficulty with new job. It also fails to display the
height of new block. These are basic information in bitcoin mining programs.

2. It fails to display submit and accepted share's difficulty or submit work's difficulty.
So this mining program fails to get a correct difficulty calculation criteria with pool calculation of
difficulty. The miners never know what difficulty of submit, accepted works they submit.
bitcoin mining programs, e.g. cgminer show accepted submit work's difficulty.

People should wait for miniZ to be improved and add above basic functions to display
basic information of new block and submit work.
Activity: 251
Merit: 4
@miniZ

Seems UBQ broken on 1.9z5 = All shares rejected. On v1.9z4 no issue
checked on crazypool & zergpool. Linux drivers 470 series, Turing

Hi Divinity666,
Thank you for sharing the results. These are useful for reference.
We'll update our tables in the near future. Smiley

Regarding cpu priority, what values for priority are you using?

Cheers

I set miniZ.exe process priority to high in task manager it helps vs. h\r drops when u are doing something else on the rig, e.g. using MSI Afterburner, cos CPU gets loaded when u tune curve or just hover mouse over monitoring graphs.

ps Also, I see now web telemetry shows 2 temps: current gpu temp and targer. I feel like there is no need to show target temp - we obviously gonna know what we set in config Wink, perhaps showing memory temp(for those GPUs that support memory temperature monitoring) instead would be better? And if GPU doesn't support it than just 1 tempreture(GPU) should be shown.

Activity: 325
Merit: 42
on amd didnt work

Need more info how and what you are running it on, Linux/Windows/HiveOS?
Activity: 610
Merit: 500
Activity: 204
Merit: 5
Thanks for new version. Updating 1.9z4 to 1.9z5 so i can use autofan with older drivers. One rig just ignores my temp/fan adjustments for one gpu.

--gpuclock=1575,1635 --fanspeed=88,88 --cuda-devices=0,1

this is output:

[ 0d 0h 3m00s|02:28:06 01/11/2022] S: 13/0/0 215(215.1)Sol/s 540(538.3)W [ZelProof]- 63ms
 0>RTX 3080     [18] S:  7/0 [69 C/88%]*52.82 I/s 104.91(104.91)Sol/s 262(261.6)W clk=1575MHz mclk=9501MHz Sol/W=0.401
 1>RTX 3080     [18] S:  6/0 [69 C/80%] 54.59 I/s 110.18(110.18)Sol/s 278(276.7)W clk=1635MHz mclk=9501MHz Sol/W=0.398

as you can see, gpu 1 is ignoring 88% fan speed, at first i tried with fanspeed + fantemp, did not work, tried with fanspeed only - same thing. Adding --fantemp=68,68 does not adjust fanspeed even for gpu0, it is 88% all the time, temperature is 72 and fan at 88% all the time. If i remove fanspeed and fantemp, both gpus stay at 85% all them time (under load).
Other rigs with same driver (466.77) and same settings working fine. Restarting win10 does not help.
Activity: 679
Merit: 17

Hi everyone,

A new miniZ version v1.9z5 is out with many new improvements and features. 

Performance improvements for AMDs mining 125,4 / 144,5. Up to ~10%, depending on GPU and OCs!

Added better support for fan control, --gpuoffset/--memoffset options for NVIDIA GPUs (Linux).1

Read complete changelog below.

Please find miniZ version v1.9z5 @ Download page.

Changelog:

* AMD improvements 125,4 up to 10%, depending on GPUs and OCs.
 * AMD improvements 144,5 up to 10%, depending on GPUs and OCs.

* Added --fanspeed-all/--fantemp-all options to set fan control for all GPUs.*
 * Added --fanmax option, works only with --fantemp. If not used fan max is 99.*
 * Added --power option to AMDs, on Linux.
 * Better AMD fan control on Windows.*
 * On Windows, added support for fan control for all nvidia drivers.*
 * Added --gpuoffset/--memoffset options for NVIDIA GPUs, on Linux.
    (1Will only work if there's a Xorg running with a configured GPU.)
 * Added fan core/memory clocks, and speed information (%) to Telemetry.
 * Added support for RX 5500 and AMD R9 390. (Feedback is welcome.)
 * Fixed fee getting stuck in particular conditions related to network issues (unstable, unreliable...).
 * Fixed --ocX on ethash.
 * Fixed UBQ stale share on start.
 * Fixed Worker name that was not consistent, on ZergPool.
 * Fixed 144,5 broken kernels.
 * Removed LHR kernels.

* Requires sudo (Linux)/administator privileges (Windows)
Note that fan control options do not always reset on exit: might keep the speed it had when the miner exited, or set then fan to 0, depending on the driver.
We keep looking at this. Let us know how it works for you.
When using --fanspeed conjointly with --fantemp, the fan % defined with --fanspeed works as minimum fan speed.

For additional information check our Usage or FAQ pages.

Download miniZ latest version here.

Engage, feedback and support:

Because your feedback is very important, miniZ kindly encourages you to use the comment box on the website or this forum for feedback (questions, suggestions, requests...).

Certainly we will strive to help you and provide a solution to any problem you may encounter.

We wish you a fast and friendly mining experience!

Btw here are my hashrates @ flux:

GTX 1080 Ti  -   ~50sol\s@136Wt (1430Mhz core, 4500Mhz mem)
RTX 3070      -   ~73sol\s@128Wt (1620Mhz core, 7000Mhz mem)
RTX 3080      - ~106sol\s@243Wt (1620Mhz core, 8250Mhz mem)

ps Also would be nice to add cpu priority command to miner so that you don't have to go to task manager all the time it restarts.

Hi Divinity666,
Thank you for sharing the results. These are useful for reference.
We'll update our tables in the near future. Smiley

Regarding cpu priority, what values for priority are you using?

Cheers
Thanks for the update -- FLUX works really well running it on NVIDIA and AMD rigs -- only issue I have is with rx 5500xt (8gb) -- miner program will not recognise the card -- will run the 5600xt on the same rig.  BTW getting   about the same as lolminer on the AMD cards -- but better stability. 
Hi grenwolde,
Thank you for your message.
We added support for that GPU in the new version v1.9z5.
Could you try it and let us now how it goes?
You can also test the improvements we made for 125,4 and 144,5, on AMDs. Smiley
Cheers
Hm, never happened with z3 version... Anyway, since its only happening after 24hr+ of uptime I'll just keep restarting miner on each rig every day as a temporary workaround.

When the user pool falls during the fee time (or right before start mining to the fee), mining can get stuck with the fee.

I mine 125,4 on herominers and it didn't seem it has been down lately at all...
Hi Divinity666,
This could be also on your end. An ocasional network drop during specific time of mining.
We fixed this, you can now download v1.9z5.
Thank you so much for your feedback, and sorry for all the inconvenience!
Cheers

Still happening in z3 and z4, one windows miner and a hiveos miner. Stayed on dev pool for over 3 hours, percentage’s showed over 10%. I rolled back to z2 where I haven’t yet experienced the issue. Any logs or details which would help?

Hi manwethegreat,
Thank you for your feedback.
Knowing that z2 had no issue helped to track the issue.
We fixed this and you can use v1.9z5 that we just released.
Cheers
Btw here are my hashrates @ flux:

GTX 1080 Ti  -   ~50sol\s@136Wt (1430Mhz core, 4500Mhz mem)
RTX 3070      -   ~73sol\s@128Wt (1620Mhz core, 7000Mhz mem)
RTX 3080      - ~106sol\s@243Wt (1620Mhz core, 8250Mhz mem)

ps Also would be nice to add cpu priority command to miner so that you don't have to go to task manager all the time it restarts.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Thanks for the update -- FLUX works really well running it on NVIDIA and AMD rigs -- only issue I have is with rx 5500xt (8gb) -- miner program will not recognise the card -- will run the 5600xt on the same rig.  BTW getting   about the same as lolminer on the AMD cards -- but better stability. 
Hm, never happened with z3 version... Anyway, since its only happening after 24hr+ of uptime I'll just keep restarting miner on each rig every day as a temporary workaround.

When the user pool falls during the fee time (or right before start mining to the fee), mining can get stuck with the fee.

I mine 125,4 on herominers and it didn't seem it has been down lately at all...
Activity: 3
Merit: 1

Hi Divinity666,
Thanks for the message.
This can happen once and a while, if the miner was mining for long time for the user. You can see that the %s are ok, possibly it was 1.9% for the fee for long time.
In any case we had a look at it, and although found no issue with this we added a limit to time mining for the fee without interruption. It will check more often when it is time to change for the user/fee.
Cheers

Still happening in z3 and z4, one windows miner and a hiveos miner. Stayed on dev pool for over 3 hours, percentage’s showed over 10%. I rolled back to z2 where I haven’t yet experienced the issue. Any logs or details which would help?
Found problem with not working ubqhash (CUDA Driver API error = 0001 from line 1100.). It does not like --ocx switch.

One more thing. Mining to same pool with different algo, i see diffent miner name. It is fine with 125,4, but with ubqhash i see totally different name and and for ubqhash with 144,5 my worker name is lost, my btc wallet is shown instead.

mining 125.4, pool shows this: miniZ/1.9z4 9600k   c=BTC   equihash125
mining 144.5, pool shows this: miniZ/1.9z4 1Lcx************************   c=BTC   equihash144
mining ubqhash, pool shows this: EthDcrMiner64 1Lcx************************   c=BTC   ubqhash

In all bat files i have worker name in this format --user 1Lcx************************.9600k

Hi somaton,
We fixed ocX with ubqhash. This should be working fine in the new release.
We'll have a look at worker names.
Thank you for the feedback!
Cheers
who cares this miner has been consistently 5% over 24hrs reported hashrate at the pool for me.

It's 0% if it's mining dev fee all the time. And it keeps happening again and again with this version.

ps ha-ha, I posted a comment about this matter on their support page. It was under "awaiting moderation" for a while, but visible to me, and now its deleted completely. Nice!

Hi Divinity666, everyone,

Thank you for your feedback.

We've been carefully looking into this, and finaly found the culprit.
This seems to happen only in this situation, this is why we were not able to find it before.

We are deeply sorry about this, as you can imagine this is also very unconfortable for us.

For now, you can disconnect from the internet for about 3 minutes and reconnect again. This should bring the miner back to the user.

Once more, we would like to thank you for the feedback, which is precious for us.  This way we can know about uncommon issues like this one, and improve the miner.

We're working to fix this asap!!

Cheers
ps: we're also answering to your message on the website.
who cares this miner has been consistently 5% over 24hrs reported hashrate at the pool for me.

It's 0% if it's mining dev fee all the time. And it keeps happening again and again with this version.

ps ha-ha, I posted a comment about this matter on their support page. It was under "awaiting moderation" for a while, but visible to me, and now its deleted completely. Nice!
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Wtf, dev fee has been mining for 2 hours and wouldn't stop at all most likely. I went to 8.6% of dev fee already, while you usually that kind of % only after 1st dev fee session in the beginning simply because total miner run time is minimal. Than its just from 1.9% to 2.1% dev fee even after running miner for a week+ without crashes, at least it used to be. Just restarted miner as soon as I noticed it.

ps same shit just happened on my other rig, dev fee started and kept going on to 3.7% after 1 day and 7 hours until I stopped the miner.

Pages:
Jump to: