Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero Support - page 28. (Read 82975 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 10, 2015, 08:39:25 AM
I am just pissed off at XMR, I've been holding a shit ton since last year, and moved to btc on the drop.. woulda been a lot made last night,... so pisstt Sad
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
March 10, 2015, 08:31:19 AM
I am trying to build the blockchain branch on Jessie with gcc-4.9 liblmdb-dev 0.9.14 and it gives these errors:

Linking CXX executable ../../bin/bitmonerod
/tmp/ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.ltrans.o: In function `cryptonote::BlockchainLMDB::tx_exists(crypto::hash const&) const':
ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.o:(.text+0x4826): undefined reference to `mdb_get'
ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.o:(.text+0x48c4): undefined reference to `mdb_txn_begin'
/tmp/ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.ltrans.o: In function `cryptonote::BlockchainLMDB::get_tx_unlock_time(crypto::hash const&) const':
ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.o:(.text+0x4cd3): undefined reference to `mdb_txn_begin'
ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.o:(.text+0x4d37): undefined reference to `mdb_get'
/tmp/ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.ltrans.o: In function `cryptonote::BlockchainLMDB::get_tx_count() const':
ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.o:(.text+0x5019): undefined reference to `mdb_txn_begin'
ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.o:(.text+0x5033): undefined reference to `mdb_stat'
/tmp/ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.ltrans.o: In function `cryptonote::BlockchainLMDB::get_tx_block_height(crypto::hash const&) const':

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
src/daemon/CMakeFiles/daemon.dir/build.make:111: recipe for target 'bin/bitmonerod' failed
make[3]: *** [bin/bitmonerod] Error 1

any idea what's wrong? some lib to install?

nobody can help with this??

its a fresh 64bit debian jessie install and it should compile alright - jessie was in RC1 and debian is quite common OS so I think it is not just me that needs this figured out.

btw, i also noticed that i needed to install libboost-all-dev to get boost working (not just libboost-dev) - it was not exactly clear from the build instructions. it would be good to isolate the package that needs to be installed because this -all package links to too many packages that are not needed.

I think you need to have libunbound and liblmdb installed (I've only built database version on Windows, where the building of those two is pretty automated). Also, make sure you are not using boost 1.54, as it doesn't work, you need 1.53 or 1.55. Your best bet is probably to ask for help in #monero-dev or #monero on freenode IRC. tewinget is usually helpful with build issues on database version. You might also try to PM GingerAle https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/gingerale-399904, as I'm pretty sure he's got it built on Ubuntu...
Activity: 211
March 10, 2015, 08:16:28 AM
I am trying to build the blockchain branch on Jessie with gcc-4.9 liblmdb-dev 0.9.14 and it gives these errors:

/tmp/ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.ltrans.o: In function `cryptonote::BlockchainLMDB::tx_exists(crypto::hash const&) const':
/tmp/ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.ltrans.o: In function `cryptonote::BlockchainLMDB::get_tx_unlock_time(crypto::hash const&) const':
/tmp/ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.ltrans.o: In function `cryptonote::BlockchainLMDB::get_tx_count() const':
/tmp/ccl9Rcmi.ltrans22.ltrans.o: In function `cryptonote::BlockchainLMDB::get_tx_block_height(crypto::hash const&) const':

src/daemon/CMakeFiles/daemon.dir/build.make:111: recipe for target 'bin/bitmonerod' failed

nobody can help with this??

its a fresh 64bit debian jessie install and it should compile alright - jessie was in RC1 and debian is quite common OS so I think it is not just me that needs this figured out.

btw, i also noticed that i needed to install libboost-all-dev to get boost working (not just libboost-dev) - it was not exactly clear from the build instructions. it would be good to isolate the package that needs to be installed because this -all package links to too many packages that are not needed.
Activity: 131
March 10, 2015, 06:56:53 AM
hi

how to upgrade my wallet from Version 0.8.8.1 to Version 0.8.8.6 ??

now, when I open 0.8.8.6 simplewallet, its auto closed....

There's a bug with the 0.8.8.6 wallet converter that's fixed in 0.8.8.7 (not tagged yet) - are you able to compile the latest version from Github? Alternatively, you can use 0.8.8.6 and restore from your mnemonic seed, or failing that I can see if I can give you a more recent build of simplewallet for your OS.

bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.6-release
Specify wallet file name (e.g., wallet.bin). If the wallet doesn't exist, it wil
l be created.
Wallet file name: mro
password: *****
Error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "mro"

wallet.bin cant working, what can I do ?

my system is win 2k11

You quoted the solution from fluffypony in your response. You can't use 0.8.8.6 to update old wallets. Look what version you're using.

• You can build from source following the instructions here: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero
  • Or you can restore from your mnemonic seed if you have one.
  • Or you can ask fluffypony to send you a newer 0.8.8.7 version build of simplewallet.

Also, not sure what win 2k11 is...

win 2k11 is windows operatoin system server2011 64bit version
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
March 10, 2015, 06:41:32 AM
hi

There's a bug with the 0.8.8.6 wallet converter that's fixed in 0.8.8.7 (not tagged yet) - are you able to compile the latest version from Github? Alternatively, you can use 0.8.8.6 and restore from your mnemonic seed, or failing that I can see if I can give you a more recent build of simplewallet for your OS.

Specify wallet file name (e.g., wallet.bin). If the wallet doesn't exist, it wil
l be created.

my system is win 2k11

You quoted the solution from fluffypony in your response. You can't use 0.8.8.6 to update old wallets. Look what version you're using.

• You can build from source following the instructions here: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero
  • Or you can restore from your mnemonic seed if you have one.
  • Or you can ask fluffypony to send you a newer 0.8.8.7 version build of simplewallet.

Also, not sure what win 2k11 is...
March 10, 2015, 04:38:30 AM
hi

l be created.

my system is win 2k11

try mro.bin?

same wrong info or cant find mro.bin wallet, create new one

and, v0.8.8.1 can sync , and receive coins ....
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
March 10, 2015, 01:44:27 AM
hi

l be created.

my system is win 2k11

try mro.bin?
March 09, 2015, 10:48:09 PM
hi

l be created.

my system is win 2k11
Activity: 211
March 09, 2015, 05:59:36 PM

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
March 09, 2015, 09:07:13 AM
hi

March 09, 2015, 09:00:51 AM
hi

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
January 28, 2015, 07:04:12 PM
I get the following error on bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.6-release

Error: not enough outputs for specified mixin_count = 4:
output amount = 0.024590360000, fount outputs to mix = 1

The transaction will go through with a mixin of 1 but not with a mixin of 4. It has happened for my last two transactions so I suspect a wallet issue, may be related to mixing change transactions.

When the fee was 0.1, we also had the dust threshold set to 0.1 which meant anything <0.1 was not broken down into denominations. These undenominated amounts tend to be unique and they can't be mixed. The current threshold is 0.01, so it happens only with smaller amounts. In the future I think it will be 0.

One workaround is to try the transaction a few times. There is some randomization in which outputs the wallet uses for a spend transaction. If it doesn't pick those odd outputs, the problem doesn't occur.

A longer term solution is to create a new wallet, or do a one-time unmixed spend of the entire current balance (which clears out the wallet off all old outputs, effectively making it new again). That will link those amounts together on the blockchain but future spends will be mixable so the trail is broken.

Somewhat related:  If I want to move thousands of XMR, would it make future spends simpler if it is done in smaller chunks now?

Probably yes. The very large amounts are not so readily mixable, because there aren't as many other outputs of the same size, similar to the smaller ones.

So I would stick to standard "moderate" sizes.

Thousands should be okay though. Tens of thousands is where you start to have the issue.

legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259
January 28, 2015, 06:54:30 PM

The transaction will go through with a mixin of 1 but not with a mixin of 4. It has happened for my last two transactions so I suspect a wallet issue, may be related to mixing change transactions.

When the fee was 0.1, we also had the dust threshold set to 0.1 which meant anything <0.1 was not broken down into denominations. These undenominated amounts tend to be unique and they can't be mixed. The current threshold is 0.01, so it happens only with smaller amounts. In the future I think it will be 0.

One workaround is to try the transaction a few times. There is some randomization in which outputs the wallet uses for a spend transaction. If it doesn't pick those odd outputs, the problem doesn't occur.

A longer term solution is to create a new wallet, or do a one-time unmixed spend of the entire current balance (which clears out the wallet off all old outputs, effectively making it new again). That will link those amounts together on the blockchain but future spends will be mixable so the trail is broken.

Somewhat related:  If I want to move thousands of XMR, would it make future spends simpler if it is done in smaller chunks now?
legendary
January 28, 2015, 06:50:31 PM

Thanks. I figured something along these lines. One question; Would a coin control feature to spend all of these un denominated amounts to a new wallet work?

Yes a coin control feature would be helpful to both avoid having those old outputs included in a transaction when not wanted, and for cleaning them up.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
January 28, 2015, 06:35:48 PM

Thanks. I figured something along these lines. One question; Would a coin control feature to spend all of these un denominated amounts to a new wallet work?
legendary
January 28, 2015, 06:23:29 PM

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
January 28, 2015, 06:11:40 PM

Activity: 400
Merit: 263
January 19, 2015, 09:59:51 AM
running latest version on win 64 bit VM...

when I run bitmonerod the cmd window gets stuck on "initializing P2P server..."

I didn't wait for a long time. Am I supposed to wait more than 10 minutes before it starts showing other output that is loading the complete history of the block chain?

What am I missing?

On one of my PCs (ironically the much faster one with SSD, heaps of RAM and CPU power) it's stuck on "initializing P2Pserver" for up to 30 mins, on the subnotebook it takes only about 10 seconds....why? I don't know  Grin

both synchronize eventually.
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
January 19, 2015, 09:35:08 AM
^It's about 2-3 minutes on my pc on the "initializing P2P server...". Try running it with --seed-node. Here are some currently running nodes from my log file:
Code:
bitmonerod --seed-node 80.71.13.36:18080 --seed-node 89.189.150.244:18080 --seed-node 106.186.122.39:18080 --seed-node 63.141.254.186:18080 --seed-node 37.187.75.56:18080 --seed-node 130.89.162.205:18080 --seed-node 212.129.27.81:18080 --seed-node 195.46.123.236:18080 --seed-node 182.92.105.136:18080 --seed-node 198.27.64.122:18080 --seed-node 62.210.207.219:18080 --seed-node 212.129.44.156:18080
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 19, 2015, 08:25:14 AM
running latest version on win 64 bit VM...

when I run bitmonerod the cmd window gets stuck on "initializing P2P server..."

I didn't wait for a long time. Am I supposed to wait more than 10 minutes before it starts showing other output that is loading the complete history of the block chain?

What am I missing?
Pages:
Jump to: