Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero XMR ... Why do people fall for the shills and bullshit? - page 5. (Read 6114 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Have you tried downloading the client? Everything is clunky and slow. I'm not really big on Cryptonote, but I tried Boolberry, just to see if the problem was endemic to Cryptonote, and it isn't. Boolberry was basically one click, fast and everything worked. Using Monero gave me the perception that it was put together by incompetents. These people are holding up a pile of shit and claiming that it's gold. The community is literally full of megalomaniac delusionals. At least put some effort into usability!

I'm sorry, but what you see as the difference between "hard to use" and "easy to use" is completely nuanced. You're like a fandroid arguing that sideloading with adb is much easier in 2.3, and everyone should just use 2.3. Usability is not an overnight exercise.

Are BBR's binary builds significantly easier to use for the handful of somewhat technically capable cryptonerds on this forum? Absolutely. Why is Monero not matching those? Because we're exceedingly busy overhauling the core of Monero: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/tree/development to make room for improved usability. To wit: our next tagged release will include static compilation, but will not include a GUI.

Why? Because a good GUI is not thrown together in a vague attempt to be "first". A GUI requires pragmatism, forethought, and careful planning. Here's an example of how that process works: http://imgur.com/a/ERheR

I for one prefer to see resources at this point invested in a solid foundation rather than a pretty exterior, which is why I have chosen to invest in and support Monero. A quality GUI will come in time, that is a risk I have chosen to take at this time. For those for whom a quality GUI is a must before investing, the proper course of action is to wait for the GUI to come out, review it, and then decide if to invest in and support Monero.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Have you tried downloading the client? Everything is clunky and slow. I'm not really big on Cryptonote, but I tried Boolberry, just to see if the problem was endemic to Cryptonote, and it isn't. Boolberry was basically one click, fast and everything worked. Using Monero gave me the perception that it was put together by incompetents. These people are holding up a pile of shit and claiming that it's gold. The community is literally full of megalomaniac delusionals. At least put some effort into usability!

I'm sorry, but what you see as the difference between "hard to use" and "easy to use" is completely nuanced. You're like a fandroid arguing that sideloading with adb is much easier in 2.3, and everyone should just use 2.3. Usability is not an overnight exercise.

Are BBR's binary builds significantly easier to use for the handful of somewhat technically capable cryptonerds on this forum? Absolutely. Why is Monero not matching those? Because we're exceedingly busy overhauling the core of Monero: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/tree/development to make room for improved usability. To wit: our next tagged release will include static compilation, but will not include a GUI.

Why? Because a good GUI is not thrown together in a vague attempt to be "first". A GUI requires pragmatism, forethought, and careful planning. Here's an example of how that process works: http://imgur.com/a/ERheR
Can't wait to try out your GUI. Based on your current client, my expectations aren't exactly high, but time will tell.

I appreciate you being willing to give it a chance:) It is some time away, but I'm sure you'll be sufficiently impressed with it when it officially launches!

So the new GUI is good? And after that, XMR will continue to improve its market position, seeking donations or is it tweets to keep the horse plodding along?

Its as if you travelled back in time to early 2011 and started trolling bitcoin. 
kbm
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
So the new GUI is good? And after that, XMR will continue to improve its market position, seeking donations or is it tweets to keep the horse plodding along?

Next step is hand written letters and church gatherings.

Then maybe a bake sale .. maybe we'll sell girl scout cookies!

Fuck it! Lemonade stand!
Activity: 471
Hahaha if only thing you can do to make your coins better is attack Monero you have already fall for the bullshit

Also that's actually the best way to promote Monero without knowing ANYTHING about its features. Just say it's bad, looking as stupid as you can and... Bingo! Your "enemy" looks smarter without having to say anything.
Activity: 249

I just JIMP...stoked for the eventual release.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Can't wait to try out your GUI. Based on your current client, my expectations aren't exactly high, but time will tell.

I appreciate you being willing to give it a chance:) It is some time away, but I'm sure you'll be sufficiently impressed with it when it officially launches!

Activity: 983
Merit: 502
Hahaha if only thing you can do to make your coins better is attack Monero you have already fall for the bullshit

Yes, we attack it with gusto! We learn it from you!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

Activity: 826

Activity: 504
eidoo wallet
Also you can stop with the litecoin bullshit.

Litecoin is not nearly as secure as Bitcoin and it has no genuine features that sets it apart from Bitcoin, it's not even worth using.

Fuck me! Visual basic came out 20 years ago - where have you been, man!
donator
So a negative post makes you want to buy the product?

When the poster looks stupid and/or following an agenda, yes it does. Contrarian indicator.

People should learn to troll. That's not as easy as it seems.

Do you realise how ridiculous that statement is, and just how at risk you are at being conned throughout your life?

If you had a negative trust rating from Mark Karpeles should I view you as more or less trustworthy?
Activity: 504
eidoo wallet
OP, you support Darkcoin..but not Monero?

You don't support Monero, which has had a fairly decent launch, a large capable dev team, and the highest anonymity available, not to mention most popular/successful cryptonote thus far? Are you trolling OP?

Whats worse, is that you base the value of a coin on the amount of shill accounts shilling for it, in that case, then Bitcoin should be the biggest fail of them all, shouldnt it!

I've supported Darkcoin since February, but anyone that isn't blind, deaf, or dumb, can see that Monero is on equal terms if not more, with Darkcoin.

When the poster looks stupid and/or following an agenda, yes it does. Contrarian indicator.

Do you realise how ridiculous that statement is, and just how at risk you are at being conned throughout your life?
donator

Uh pretty much.  Because what you couch as "negative" - if that's the only "negative" news on a coin.  Then bitcoin is dead Roll Eyes

Have you read Plato's "Gorgias"? You remind me of Socrates, except you would be younger and have a tattoo.
Activity: 471

SCAM ** MONERO ** SCAM ** YOU WILL GET BURNED ** SCAM ** WHOOP ** WHOOP
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Uh pretty much.  Because what you couch as "negative" - if that's the only "negative" news on a coin.  Then bitcoin is dead Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: