Pages:
Author

Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins - page 18. (Read 226849 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
lucky I do not have a balance in mintpal, so I do not worry

Don't worry, no one has balance on mintpal anymore.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
lucky I do not have a balance in mintpal, so I do not worry
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
I know I lost coins but I couldn't tell you what my deposit addresses were or how much I lost exactly.  It makes it pretty hard to contact Action Fraud...

Surely you have your current addresses and wallet though right? You can check on the blockchain and go back through your transactions? Unless you make a new wallet every month that is.

Good point but could take a long time  Cheesy  I'll get on it.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I know I lost coins but I couldn't tell you what my deposit addresses were or how much I lost exactly.  It makes it pretty hard to contact Action Fraud...

Surely you have your current addresses and wallet though right? You can check on the blockchain and go back through your transactions? Unless you make a new wallet every month that is.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
So just getting back to look into this, I had a ton of Vert, Noble, BTC on Mint. I submitted the withdraws back in October but never received a dime. I assume the BTC is long gone but is there any process at all to try to get my alt coins back?
o3u
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
Money comes, money goes
Is anyone keeping tabs on the legitimate/proven reports of Arrest/ money frozen and agencies notified?

I noticed some phone numbers on the latter threads as well as "conversations" had, but really, is that enough?

Sure the big losers might say they have been paid off, but these could be in on it as well, you can't trust anyone who pops out a run of the mill parallax website with a few facebook pictures in the contact page and claims to have "seen proof".

and for the scammer(s) it's all about raking in the thousands of small fish.

... Just saying, personally i'd have to dig deep to find out how much i lost (probably part of the scammers plan as well, they know not everyone keeps tabs on their coins), but it would be nice to see a structured, verifiable process in these cryptoscam take downs.
Activity: 21
66 drk

Thx
Activity: 283
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
Still holding Darkcoins.
Activity: 392
Merit: 255
this is taking place in the UK not the US, laws are waaaaaaay different in the UK, as are the legal proceedings

Why does everyone insist that this didn't happen in the USA?  BOFFIN HAD MOOLAH AMERICAN ACCOUNTS AND REGISTRATION, IN HIS NAME.  Why do people keep saying this is a UK deal? USA wasn't involved? Nobody from the US has claims? Their business wsn't operating in the States?  They WERE operating/conducting financial transactions in the USA, they DID have businesses registered in the states, they DID sell "investments" to Americans, they did steal USA currency, they did defraud USA investors into a.. fake investment and they did steal americians money when they bounced with everything... So....

Now, what was that about his whole deal being in the UK?

The court case is in the UK, the US authorities are not involved and will not be. The UK forces are interested in Ryan Kennedy and Ryan Kennedy alone. Landon Merrill will not be called as there is no evidence of him ever gaining (other than a wage - the same as all other employees) from it. He handled very minimal funds belonging to the company and anything he did do was at Ryan's request. Hence the investigators aren't all that interested. Ryan was the one who took all of the BTC, not Landon. Of course, if someone were to open a case inside the USA, that would be different. However as Kennedy had the BTC and he is a UK resident, the UK forces are dealing with the fraud reports etc.

The only instance someone would need to open a case in the USA is to do as you suggested, to go after Landon and the US employees.

Anyway, I have received an email from the police investigator with regards to this. He says the below:

Seb

Apologies for the late reply.  There is no public record but and if anyone phones up A&S all they will be told is that we are investigating  a criminal complaint etc. and that a male and female have been arrested.  In criminal matters it does not become public domain until after their first appearance in court.  But that does not always stop the press from releasing details. If you know of anyone who has lost money they can contact me via this e-mail or on 01275 816580 and I will be quite happy to talk to them,

Peter

A&S refers to Avon and Somerset police here.

Now, I have included his phone number here, his email is [email protected].

I must stress though that this is not an 'AND' situation. You should not contact both him AND the action fraud. If you have already submitted a claim via action fraud, that is good enough. Even if you have not and just wish to report a simple loss of funds, action fraud is still the best place to go. It will be properly recorded in the police database and have the correct information.

The only time I would suggest getting in touch with this investigator is if you lost a significant amount of money and also had a lot of contact with Ryan Kennedy with chat logs to back that up.

I have been putting together bits of evidence for him in the past so if you want to be 100% it is included in any reports I also make, feel free to pm it to me as well.

Again, please do not spam this guy's inbox it will only slow the investigation down, but I felt I should include it at his request.

The exact word I have from him is this:

If the case goes to court and Ryan Kennedy loses, those that filled in action fraud reports could be in with a chance at getting some recompense.

Bear in mind all of this will be traced on the blockchain so I wouldn't suggest lying about what you gave him.

It will be on a percentage basis I can imagine. If they manage to seize $1m of assets and there are $5m worth of claims, each of those claims would most likely get ~20% back of what they lost.

nice one, thanks for the info m8.  If Peter from A&S police needs more people to come forward there are lots here I guess...
Activity: 741
Everyone with a V1 balance should have received an email (at least twice).

Please PM me your Mintpal email, i'll forward to the right guy.

Others with V1 Fluttercoin balance here ?
o3u
Activity: 393
Money comes, money goes
TeamFLT still have Mintpal fluttercoins in hand.  Please contact us to get it back !  We want to send all back as soon as possible - to allow us to move on !

i haven't gotten an email about my coins
Activity: 741
TeamFLT still have Mintpal fluttercoins in hand.  Please contact us to get it back !  We want to send all back as soon as possible - to allow us to move on !

Activity: 493
Merit: 518
I posted this in dogecoin subreddit today:

I contacted the Insolvency Service about MooPay's case and was told this:

If any one has claims, they can contact the liquidator liquidating MooPay's assets to pay creditors (people who lost coins would be creditors in the bankruptcy context): Graham Stuart Wolloff (of Elwell Watchorn & Saxton, LLP - 1 East Poultry Ave, London EC1A9PT, United Kingdom) and/or Liam Alexander (same law firm).

Also, I was told if there were any concerns about the conduct of MooPay LTD or its officers, Mr. Brian Penn of the Receiver's Office could also be contacted ([email protected]).

Again, contact these people if you hope to receive anything from MooPay's assets. Contacting these folks would be IN ADDITION to contacting Action Fraud.
where to contact the liquidator?

The law firm has a website w/ the contact info for each attorney.  Google.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

If any one has claims, they can contact the liquidator liquidating MooPay's assets to pay creditors (people who lost coins would be creditors in the bankruptcy context): Graham Stuart Wolloff (of Elwell Watchorn & Saxton, LLP - 1 East Poultry Ave, London EC1A9PT, United Kingdom) and/or Liam Alexander (same law firm).

Also, I was told if there were any concerns about the conduct of MooPay LTD or its officers, Mr. Brian Penn of the Receiver's Office could also be contacted ([email protected]).

Again, contact these people if you hope to receive anything from MooPay's assets. Contacting these folks would be IN ADDITION to contacting Action Fraud.

Good to know but i give up on this but if someone get there found back in full then i will do it but for me that was small amount maybe was more who knows but this doent change a thing.
I sure hope that they will return almoust all found back to there users who trusted them some with all assets other with some small amount and yet some with some low coins stack.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

where to contact the liquidator?
Activity: 493
Merit: 518

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
this is taking place in the UK not the US, laws are waaaaaaay different in the UK, as are the legal proceedings

Why does everyone insist that this didn't happen in the USA?  BOFFIN HAD MOOLAH AMERICAN ACCOUNTS AND REGISTRATION, IN HIS NAME.  Why do people keep saying this is a UK deal? USA wasn't involved? Nobody from the US has claims? Their business wsn't operating in the States?  They WERE operating/conducting financial transactions in the USA, they DID have businesses registered in the states, they DID sell "investments" to Americans, they did steal USA currency, they did defraud USA investors into a.. fake investment and they did steal americians money when they bounced with everything... So....

The court case is in the UK, the US authorities are not involved and will not be. The UK forces are interested in Ryan Kennedy and Ryan Kennedy alone. Landon Merrill will not be called as there is no evidence of him ever gaining (other than a wage - the same as all other employees) from it. He handled very minimal funds belonging to the company and anything he did do was at Ryan's request. Hence the investigators aren't all that interested. Ryan was the one who took all of the BTC, not Landon. Of course, if someone were to open a case inside the USA, that would be different. However as Kennedy had the BTC and he is a UK resident, the UK forces are dealing with the fraud reports etc.

The only instance someone would need to open a case in the USA is to do as you suggested, to go after Landon and the US employees.

Anyway, I have received an email from the police investigator with regards to this. He says the below:

Seb

Apologies for the late reply.  There is no public record but and if anyone phones up A&S all they will be told is that we are investigating  a criminal complaint etc. and that a male and female have been arrested.  In criminal matters it does not become public domain until after their first appearance in court.  But that does not always stop the press from releasing details. If you know of anyone who has lost money they can contact me via this e-mail or on 01275 816580 and I will be quite happy to talk to them,

Peter

I must stress though that this is not an 'AND' situation. You should not contact both him AND the action fraud. If you have already submitted a claim via action fraud, that is good enough. Even if you have not and just wish to report a simple loss of funds, action fraud is still the best place to go. It will be properly recorded in the police database and have the correct information.

The only time I would suggest getting in touch with this investigator is if you lost a significant amount of money and also had a lot of contact with Ryan Kennedy with chat logs to back that up.

I have been putting together bits of evidence for him in the past so if you want to be 100% it is included in any reports I also make, feel free to pm it to me as well.

Again, please do not spam this guy's inbox it will only slow the investigation down, but I felt I should include it at his request.

If the case goes to court and Ryan Kennedy loses, those that filled in action fraud reports could be in with a chance at getting some recompense.

Bear in mind all of this will be traced on the blockchain so I wouldn't suggest lying about what you gave him.

It will be on a percentage basis I can imagine. If they manage to seize $1m of assets and there are $5m worth of claims, each of those claims would most likely get ~20% back of what they lost.

Pretty much sums up assumptions and reinforces the losses of lots.  I might have lost a few pennies.  You put together all the people who lost a little bit of pennies around the world, it adds up.  It's kind of unfortunate there is nobody to represent the little people.

This case is so fragmented... and targeted at one occurrence that there is mountains of unlawful acts getting overlooked.  Just steal a little bit here and there, and make sure you do it across ultiple boarders, it will complicate the information gather process.  Any other tips and tricks we can learn from Ryan here, because it seems as he rather has managed to get away with minor infractions, but will avoid any liabilities on a significant level.  

I seem to be the only one bitching about Landon, yet following moolah since day one, there seems to be plenty of evidence suggesting he knew the instability of what he was involved with, and negligently took investments, managinging financial services under a boss with NO name, no identity. You're telling me that there is 0 liability for someone who registers a completely random guys financial service under his name, processes transactions (doesn't matter how big or small, breaking the law right) and investments.. gets called out that the situation is less than ideal, and continues to operate knowing his boss has 0 face, and could definately be a complete fraud.. Makes the personal decision to connect the USA with the U company Moolah....... And even better, everyone lost such incremental amounts that there isn't once body to centralize the efforts against him.

Just thinking back to all these donation based initiatives that people sent money thinking they were going to a mental health charity.. and they wen't into some UK peice of shit's pocket, put food on his table, and there is nothing that can be done about it.... Kind of funny.  If you want to do something about it, you probably shouldn't because it's going to cost you a fuck load in lawyer fees.  And if you are americian, report to this place, but not this place, but perhaps this place.

Face it. Nobody knows what is happening.  Thousands who lost little amounts will not come forward and charity money was stolen.  Tis gone, and this is just getting to be a waste of time.

It's just a shame that people who watched this unfold from day 1, knew what was happening, and tried to put info together.. really get to sit back and watch as mr Green gets away with a slap on the wrist and a fast one.  

Enter scams and fraud!  You're good to operate in the Bitcoin space.
Activity: 44

Seb

Peter

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Hey, i just found out about this mintpal catastrophy. I had about 200 darkcoin on that site and probably some BC. I had not visited mintpal for months and was completely out of the loop. Didn't even receive an email. I'm too upset to read trough all this shit so I'm asking, is there any way to get my coins back?
The short answer is No.  Sorry to be the one to inform you this.
Pages:
Jump to: