Pages:
Author

Topic: Most new accounts do not contribute anything - page 4. (Read 1497 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Finding posts that have used text spinners are hard, and its only possible if someone reads the entire mega thread with a shitload of shitposts.  Undecided They are handled only if they are reported.

I find plagiarism easier to deal with that pure one line shitposting

August 03, 2018, 10:15:06 PM   Re: Why Ethereum is so popular now?   ggh0stt1   Good
August 03, 2018, 10:11:54 PM   Re: Why Ethereum is so popular now?   msadikot53   Good
August 03, 2018, 09:56:19 PM   Re: Why Ethereum is so popular now?   bsetyawan   Good
August 03, 2018, 09:54:31 PM   Re: Why Ethereum is so popular now?   Thekingofgodftu01   Good
August 03, 2018, 09:52:23 PM   Re: Why Ethereum is so popular now?   mudra102   Good
August 03, 2018, 09:50:09 PM   Re: Why Ethereum is so popular now?   agiskasep   Good
August 03, 2018, 09:47:38 PM   Re: Why Ethereum is so popular now?   tantegope00l   Good

Pick a megathread in the altcoin discussion, just search for the matching text on the last 3-4 pages, report 10 or so copy-pasters till you feel you're going to get dumb just from reading that much crap, and then enjoy a beer while refreshing the modlog to see them getting banned Smiley

God...what the hell I'm doing with my life    Huh Grin

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Plagiarism etc can be easily handled due to the smaller numbers compared to accounts that just joined to get rich...

Finding posts that have used text spinners are hard, and its only possible if someone reads the entire mega thread with a shitload of shitposts.  Undecided They are handled only if they are reported.

Yes, but it is still less work that dealing with three-four accounts a minute joining only for coin, which is what it was before the merit system was introduced  Remember, the actions you see today are based on accounts made three months ago...
Vod
legendary
I see there is "deleted profiles" number, how you able to tell that? profile page is no longer accessible?

Correct.   If I parse a profile and it comes back "The user whose profile you are trying to view does not exist." then it was deleted / skipped.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
I see there is deleted profiles number, how you able to tell that? profile page is no longer accessable?
I think theymos addressed this, and said that they were skipped randomly before(by accident).

Source:

In the forum's first couple of years, accounts would sometimes be deleted. Also, in rare cases an ID can be skipped (eg. if a database transaction gets rolled back).

Edit:
Plagiarism etc can be easily handled due to the smaller numbers compared to accounts that just joined to get rich...

Finding posts that have used text spinners are hard, and its only possible if someone reads the entire mega thread with a shitload of shitposts.  Undecided They are handled only if they are reported.
Vod
legendary
Actually, after the merit system,I see a lot of plagiarism, use of text spinners and what not. so...

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
Most new accounts are not making any posts at all, meaning three months later they become archived.
most likely those are accounts that got proxy-banned and abandoned by the users
and probably some are accounts that actually got nuked by admins
I see there is "deleted profiles" number, how you able to tell that? profile page is no longer accessible?
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
These new accounts can possibly even mean nuked accounts, right? While,I am seeing a lot of accounts being created and never being used, I don't see any reason for it.

This is a GOOD sign.  Before merit introduction, most of these profiles were making garbage posts.

We just need to wait until all the shitposter sMerit has been used up.  Then there will be NO incentive and no forum posts about bitcointalk being a "lottery win".
Actually, after the merit system,I see a lot of plagiarism, use of text spinners and what not. so...
Vod
legendary
Rather than make a long post, I will just say look at the "Archived Profiles" at the top right of https://bpip.org

A few seconds later, refresh the page - see how the number is going up?  Yes, there were (are?) that many people signing up per minute on this forum...

Most new accounts are not making any posts at all, meaning three months later they become archived.

This is a GOOD sign.  Before merit introduction, most of these profiles were making garbage posts.

We just need to wait until all the shitposter sMerit has been used up.  Then there will be NO incentive and no forum posts about bitcointalk being a "lottery win".
Pages:
Jump to: