Pages:
Author

Topic: Most Traders are Not Profitable - page 10. (Read 1540 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 360
November 30, 2023, 05:50:58 AM
I agree with you OP, because trading is not something that can be done by anyone and this is why people that claim trading is profitable are not traders. If not they wouldn't come to the public to deceive people that trading is profitable. Even the so call professional traders run at loss but the difference is that the professional traders have risk management and use that as an advantage in trading. If I am making profit everyday in trading why will I want to tell people about my strategy. Another thing is that most traders are not traders but gamblers because they lack the skills and depend on signal and assumptions. Also I see most traders as greedy people that are after quick profit, this makes them not to take their time to learn the in and out of trading properly before they jump into trading, and this is why the run at loss. Trading is very complicated.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 2032
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
November 30, 2023, 05:09:01 AM
Read this:

-snip-

I can agree to that, most traders are losing.

Trading is not gambling but it should be seen as gambling because they are the two things online that can make people to easily lose money.

I totally agree and I always compare both activities which, although different, have a lot of similarities. In fact, day-trading is almost in all cases pure luck, not to talk about futures, levers... And all TA patterns and candlesticks mere pseudoscience.

So traders who win constantly win money know what they're doing and have a winning plan since the beginning: they do not simply study a trading analysis book and try to put it into action, they have other ways of income as mentioned before (channels, sponsorships...) or a very deep understanding on what's going on in the market, which requires both the ability and many hours of hard work everyday.

Anyway, there are cycles when everybody loses, no matter your skill. Before Madoff's structure collapsed, suspicions started in part because he kept winning money in a market where everyone was losing.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
paper money is going away
November 30, 2023, 04:57:48 AM
It seems like a fact, as many traders looking for quick money opt for short-term strategies, expecting fast results. They view trading as a quick fix for their economic challenges, but it often turns out the opposite. Instead of improving their financial situation, they find themselves in even tougher economic conditions.

Now, the relationship between a professional trader and a YouTuber is quite predictable. Someone who's already making money as an expert in trading doesn't need to seek victims on YouTube to boost their income by revealing their secrets. It's like keeping a popular recipe to themselves rather than sharing it on YouTube, assuming they'll gain extra income while actually making it easier for serious competitors.

A true trader who can make a living from trading has exclusive knowledge that is better kept secret.
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
November 30, 2023, 04:20:58 AM
A lot of traders are not as profitable as they claim to be. I don't know the exact percentage but I can say and stand to be corrected that 95% of traders even the so called professionals are not profitable. How do I know this through simple deduction. 95% of these unprofitable traders make their money through other means and their unsuspecting followers don't know this. Some of the means are
- starting a YouTube channel and making money of
a) affiliate program
b) YouTube ads

You are making assumptions with your information but agreed that many people that claim to be traders are not traders in real sense. They are doing videos and posting on YouTube channels for likes and ads to survive.  I mean, will real trader has that time to be making noise on videos with some random trend linee? The real traders are on their screen depicting how to know whether the market will go north or south, this doesn't invalidate real traders that are out there making it from the market.

The affiliate program is the most popular you see around their channel and the ones that will always ask for coffee money as if they hardly have difficult time in having breakfast.

- Having a paid course.
- Trading signals
- Selling trading merch
- impressions
- and others.

The true 5% of traders that are very successful and profitable do not even have a YouTube channel (only a very few exceptions). They are strictly for trading only, day in and say out.

You didn't mention of the pay signal and private groups where they drop trades. They are always quick to show their profit but wouldn't show you the profit from the exchange market. Hardly will you even see a person from the so called signal group of sharing testimony about the profit they have made from trading, most of the time paid signals are nothing but home of scammers.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
November 30, 2023, 04:11:27 AM
that's true, not everyone because most of those who enter the trade immediately have a little idea that's the feeling that they already know their strategy the others who were taught in cryto are wrong, their strategy is wrong others, when they lose, they want to take it back immediately; others, when they win in trade, they want to trade immediately again, and they lose their ability to trade. If I'm one of you, focus on a strategy, not when you learn something new and do it immediately in the trade
Activity: 1204
Merit: 102
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
November 30, 2023, 03:42:41 AM
A lot of traders are not as profitable as they claim to be. I don't know the exact percentage but I can say and stand to be corrected that 95% of traders even the so called professionals are not profitable. How do I know this through simple deduction. 95% of these unprofitable traders make their money through other means and their unsuspecting followers don't know this.

Social media traders aren't real traders, real traders don't have time to be online showing their results to random individuals and proving to them that they're successful traders. Trading isn't an easy activity that everybody can do due to the reason that not everyone is willing to undergo the process of learning how to trade as not everyone has the patience to learn. Everyone is now too interested in making profits that they won't want to learn how to trade first.

We have more newbies in trading than professionals so we'll always have more individuals losing than making profits. Many newbies trading cryptocurency are trading with emotions therefore they'll always make mistakes due to following their emotions instead of following the charts. To make profits when trading, we have to learn to separate our emotions when making decisions so we can be focused and only take trades based on what the charts is saying.
beginners trade at first by feeling proud that they are a trader, especially when they are given a profit at the start of trading, so they can feel that trading is easy, until finally they feel the real cruelty of trading, and for those who don't have a steely mentality then they disconnected from the world of trading, so that many people came in and out of the world of trading. For those who continue trading, they will invest more than the capital used for trading, while learning to trade
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
November 29, 2023, 06:46:46 PM

Without having to dispute on claims you’ve made in the OP,
I would say, as much as some of these guys actually make money through the ads view on the content they create and other programs they host through there channel(s), some of them are getting some true success.

A quick note:
The term we mainly refer to as professional traders have come with a different definition as against what it’s assumed to be which is; traders that have a good level of expertise on there trades or happens to be pretty successful.
Professional traders are individuals who trade on behalf on an institution (institutional traders) and are being paid for their services.

Something to note, we have more day to traders newbie and petty traders than we could have of any self proclaimed expert traders and as such, they’ve got to be more losses than profit to some individuals, that in itself is a fact.
Activity: 616
Merit: 749
November 29, 2023, 05:51:12 PM
A lot of traders are not as profitable as they claim to be. I don't know the exact percentage but I can say and stand to be corrected that 95% of traders even the so called professionals are not profitable. How do I know this through simple deduction. 95% of these unprofitable traders make their money through other means and their unsuspecting followers don't know this.

Social media traders aren't real traders, real traders don't have time to be online showing their results to random individuals and proving to them that they're successful traders. Trading isn't an easy activity that everybody can do due to the reason that not everyone is willing to undergo the process of learning how to trade as not everyone has the patience to learn. Everyone is now too interested in making profits that they won't want to learn how to trade first.

We have more newbies in trading than professionals so we'll always have more individuals losing than making profits. Many newbies trading cryptocurency are trading with emotions therefore they'll always make mistakes due to following their emotions instead of following the charts. To make profits when trading, we have to learn to separate our emotions when making decisions so we can be focused and only take trades based on what the charts is saying.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 612
November 29, 2023, 05:32:25 PM
I do believe that most traders are not really profitable, because if they really are, they will not be making noise in the social media trying to convince people that trading can make them rich and profitable as long as they make their subscription immediately. This can be a form of scamming or manipulation most especially to those who easily fall on their traps. While there are traders who are actually in profits, but they do it secretly without announcing to the world that they are good and profitable traders.

Maybe because the social media is the home of the scammers, this could be the reason why a lot want to gain self-entitlement and claim theirselves as profitable traders. At least, if they are not making five or six digits in trading, it can always be possible in the social media as long as they gain a lot of viewers and subscriptions on their videos and channels.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1643
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
November 29, 2023, 05:25:34 PM
A lot of traders are not as profitable as they claim to be. I don't know the exact percentage but I can say and stand to be corrected that 95% of traders even the so called professionals are not profitable. How do I know this through simple deduction. 95% of these unprofitable traders make their money through other means and their unsuspecting followers don't know this. Some of the means are
a) affiliate program
b) YouTube ads

- Having a paid course.
- Trading signals
- Selling trading merch
- impressions
- and others.

The true 5% of traders that are very successful and profitable do not even have a YouTube channel (only a very few exceptions). They are strictly for trading only, day in and say out.

Most traders are self-educated and have very large gaps in their knowledge and/or they have no experience with planning and utilizing a trading strategy. Most prefer to trade on their own, ever-changing whims. And such a "strategy" will always go awry.

The Influencer fake-day-traders with their leased luxury cars may have impressed me when I was a newbie but I will never fall for something like that now. They are not traders, they are actors with a cult following that they abuse to make money. Some even go as far as scamming their viewers out of their money.

But as I said, thats not real trading. Real trading has its own set of logical rules. And if you understand those rules, you might be able to make a small profit.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 785
November 29, 2023, 04:58:39 PM
If they completely rely on trading then it will not be profitable all the time, let alone doing daily trading, it is clear that they will experience big losses because basically, based on the existing statistics, it is true that overall trading is a loss, in contrast to investments which always make a profit if they don't sell it.

What do I see in a trader now? They have a paid signal channel, they have YouTube and rely on ads there, they continue to promote so that they are better known and many people follow and join the group and at that time traders can earn additional income because there are other sources apart from trading, so If traders do not have the things mentioned above, it is clear that they will have difficulty dealing with finances, let alone relying on trading.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
November 29, 2023, 04:53:04 PM
The truth is, you can actually  trade and make it profitable without announcing it in your youtube account. That is, if you really are earning well through trading, and you won't have to do extra activities like affiliating or doing youtube videos, that will gain extra income if the people will also subscribe on your channel. Trading with bitcoin is a private activity, so you don't have expose yourself that you're a trader, otherwise people will think that the reason why you are documenting all your trades is to gain followers and make an income, because you are not really profitable with trading itself.

In short, if you are gaining decent amount with trading, then you should focus on it and maximize trading for profits, not that you will scam people with your trading skills and strategies and claim yourself that you're a successful trader when in reality you're not even a pro in trading.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 324
November 29, 2023, 04:37:14 PM
Most of traders in loses but i think this percentage are not 95%, i am also short term traders and i agree that now i lost big amount in last two months.
Short term traders have to take big risk, if it will work profit is also big. If most of traders are lost their money so they are trying earn money from other sources.
Majority of traders in the market are trading without the confidence of making profits in the market. This is nit mostly because their strategies are bad and not good enough but can be as a result of the market change of patterns and structure.
We need to understand market structure a lot for us to make profits from the market. This is one of the reasons why what works for us before might not work again. The market keep changing patterns and strong and we should not allow that to affect us as a trader.

Those who trade without the trading knowledge and experience. They may be gaining experience a little but they are also wasting their money and time on it.

Better for them to trade in a way that can only only give them benefit but also some knowledge about trading. Mostly those users which have some confidence that they can easily get profit somehow they fail to manage just due to their over confidence which puts them in hard situations. Better to learn sometimes and take advice from other to realize the mistakes.
Overconfidence would really be leading you into disaster on which it would really be that just right that you should be thinking up realistically. Dont try out to mimic those successful traders on which you could see online as if these things would really be making you that desperate on trying to reach out a certain state on which it is something that cant be attained in a short time.

Better to have realistic approach rather than on making yourself that looks delusional.Yes, its not bad to have those kind of goals and intents of success but just like been said that if you dont make yourself
that realistic and really in a rush then you are really sthat susceptible to lots of errors and mistakes on which this is something that we must avoid in the first place. The market is really that composed
with buyers and sellers and this is really that just a tug-of-war on which it is really that so common that there would be losers and there would be those winners or profitable ones.
Activity: 798
Merit: 546
November 29, 2023, 04:15:20 PM

If I am so good a trading and making a lot of money out of it. I don't see why I would go to YouTube looking for views and people to register using my referral links  Grin
Whenever I see YouTubers asking subscribers to use their referral links, that is where I stop the video
I agree with OP a bit ,the real profitable traders I have come across or seen in my area hardly share their trading secret or strategy, those ones that come to YouTube are using those affiliates they get to backing up their losses, even I have seen some that claim to be trader on YouTube that do not trade but have a paid group they join and even sell those signals they got to their newbies client as if they are tthe source of the signal.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 254
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
November 29, 2023, 03:42:49 PM
Most of traders in loses but i think this percentage are not 95%, i am also short term traders and i agree that now i lost big amount in last two months.
Short term traders have to take big risk, if it will work profit is also big. If most of traders are lost their money so they are trying earn money from other sources.
Majority of traders in the market are trading without the confidence of making profits in the market. This is nit mostly because their strategies are bad and not good enough but can be as a result of the market change of patterns and structure.
We need to understand market structure a lot for us to make profits from the market. This is one of the reasons why what works for us before might not work again. The market keep changing patterns and strong and we should not allow that to affect us as a trader.

Those who trade without the trading knowledge and experience. They may be gaining experience a little but they are also wasting their money and time on it.

Better for them to trade in a way that can only only give them benefit but also some knowledge about trading. Mostly those users which have some confidence that they can easily get profit somehow they fail to manage just due to their over confidence which puts them in hard situations. Better to learn sometimes and take advice from other to realize the mistakes.
Activity: 2688
Merit: 625
November 29, 2023, 03:24:58 PM
a) affiliate program
b) YouTube ads

- Having a paid course.
- Trading signals
- Selling trading merch
- impressions
- and others.

Well, i couldn't deny that you do really have a solid point when it comes to this on which if these people were really that making money in the first place then they wont bother themselves on launching up some signals
group or something that they could make money like streaming or whatsoever that you have mentioned above because if they were truly making money then they wont really be bothering themselves on creating one
since they could make out money so easily. This is why its never been that believable that they are profitable with their trades, if ever they do have that good positive portfolio then it might be but
it is hard to believe that they are really that making money well in trading world.

Even myself would definitely focus instead on making trades rather than on making myself getting involved with these things on which we know that it isnt really
that worth on doing so but instead i would be focusing on something that could make out big money.
Activity: 364
Merit: 146
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
November 29, 2023, 03:15:08 PM
Why do we always say 95% in everything as this is not the right data if this is right then give complete proof of it or if you are giving just a rough estimate then why do you use 95% you can use 80 or 70 percent. I do not agree with you, don't be sad or aggressive with my words because everyone has the right to speak and write. The reason is we are doing trading just to make profits and every person wants to be richer and richer and for that, you need to increase your work so that instead of let's say 1k$ coming per month increase to 5k$ per month. So some of the traders make videos on YouTube just to teach others, gain fame and also capital but with all this, they did not close their trading business but increased time to time.
Activity: 1622
Merit: 270
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
November 29, 2023, 03:00:18 PM

Although some traders didn't concentrate on their strategies and they didn't even know their loss way. Because when someone made a mistake he should know where the mistake came from and what mistake did he perform, so he should take some advice next time to not doing this type of a mistake. Same in the case in trading mostly users made mistakes by just using their strategy 100 times which they didn't change and they don't even know it.

Mostly they blame the market conditions, that market was not good etc. that's why we are in loss. I know market also play important role in their trading but a strategy is something that should be considered the most. So, they can easily get a good decisions and good profit from their trading.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1598
November 29, 2023, 02:54:50 PM
That often cited statistic belongs to traditional finance in an era where most brokers charged prohibitively high commissions, so in such an environment day trading was a fool's game where one ended up making the brokers and exchanges rich...

With extremely low fees and many incentive schemes now, scales are much more balanced towards high frequency trading; regardless there can still be many days where doing 0 trades will be the most rational course of action.

I agree high frequency trading is a very specialized branch of trading and requires a completely focused set of skills, and for most products it's almost always dominated by automated algorithms...
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 29, 2023, 02:10:59 PM
Pages:
Jump to: