Pages:
Author

Topic: MPoolMonitor 4.2-monitors most pools, idle worker notification, blockchain.info - page 6. (Read 100788 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009
Good job !

Hope to see the new release coming rapidly...

I will make another donation when it will be ready !

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
I intend to release a new version of MPoolMonitor soon. 

Things already done:
- bunch of little bug fixes like it requiring you to save the config every time you start it if only BTCGuild is enabled
- changed to support to the 50BTC API changes and hashrate problems

Things I intend to do:
- remove the taskbar popup on block found logic.  it was only there for a few pools, and no one seemed to notice.
- add support for multipool
- add support for scryptguild
- add support for eligius
- add support for the API that all the "pool out of a box" scrypt pools are using (I assume it's the same for them all)
- add support for the blockchain.info stats API to show some close to realtime BTC data

Things I may do:
- see if I can get the DB stats code to be more friendly with different versions of office
- revise the idle worker notification code to work with more mail servers

Support for the additional pools with come with incremental versions, instead of all at once.

I will also probably post the code to github.

I've reviewed the posts here to see if I'm missing anything.  I saw a request or two for support of a pool.  If it's a small BTC pool, it's probably not worth my trouble, as few users will be using it.  In the age of absurd difficulty, and absurd increases in difficulty, I don't see this little pools lasting or them having a lot of users.

Is there anything I'm missing?  Any reasonable requests?

M

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Awesome, you'll be getting a donation soon!!
legendary
I like this tool. It is great. With bitminter the store DB stats does not work. But for the rest it is great.
Same for me. I can't store DB stats or MPoolMonitor gives me "PJ:API ERROR".

do you have the x64 version of office or x86 (32-bit)?  I'm pretty sure it doesn't work properly with 64-bit access.

M
eheh... The Insurance Company where I work and tried the MPoolMiner has banned Microsoft Office. We use  LibreOffice.

I don't know what'll happen if you don't have access on your computer.  I assumed it would work... but apparently not.  I'll have to fire it up in a VM w/o office to see how it behaves.

M
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
I like this tool. It is great. With bitminter the store DB stats does not work. But for the rest it is great.

do you have the x64 version of office or x86 (32-bit)?  I'm pretty sure it doesn't work properly with 64-bit access.

M
eheh... The Insurance Company where I work and tried the MPoolMiner has banned Microsoft Office. We use  LibreOffice.
legendary

M
Activity: 714
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
Activity: 17
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
This app is so awesome Cheesy

I'm going to set up a small pc just for this little app saves me having to run to the basement to check on the stats of the miners.
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
I'm having troubles getting the email feature working. What do I use in each blank if I'm wanting to use gmail servers?

Thanks
legendary
Do you support bitparking? They currently merge mine five different currencies.

I don't believe so.  I believe it's on the list.

M
Activity: 25
Do you support bitparking? They currently merge mine five different currencies.
legendary
I verified the API key and it is working.

But why could Office do that?

I coded it with 32-bit Access on my machine.  I've seen this problem before with 64-bit Access.  I'm not sure why the issue exists, and as long as I don't have both versions, I'm not sure how to fix it.

M
Activity: 6
I verified the API key and it is working.

But why could Office do that?
legendary
I have an error Sad

It says PJ:API ERROR2 and sometime just PJ:API ERROR

I am using BitMinter as the pool

EDIT: I disabled the option "Store DB Stats", and it works, but the auto-refresh does not work.

I think one cause of that happening is when you have the 64-bit version of office on your machine.  Another cause is if you didn't enable the API perk on Bitminter.

M

Activity: 6
I have an error Sad

It says PJ:API ERROR2 and sometime just PJ:API ERROR

I am using BitMinter as the pool

EDIT: I disabled the option "Store DB Stats", and it works, but the auto-refresh does not work.
legendary
Haven't actually looked at your program, but I did something similar for slush just as a personal project, and included a general network statistics section from blockchain.info API.  It might be cool to show the entire network speed, difficulty, expected difficulty jump, etc.  Here's what I have on my little php script:

Using (blockHeight - (blockHeight Mod 2016)) to grab the last difficulty change block, i can extrapolate from that and timestamps to determine how much faster the network is going than the target expects it to. 

Just a thought.

I've been wanting to add that info, I just didn't know where to get it.  Thanks!

M
Activity: 742
Haven't actually looked at your program, but I did something similar for slush just as a personal project, and included a general network statistics section from blockchain.info API.  It might be cool to show the entire network speed, difficulty, expected difficulty jump, etc.  Here's what I have on my little php script:

Using (blockHeight - (blockHeight Mod 2016)) to grab the last difficulty change block, i can extrapolate from that and timestamps to determine how much faster the network is going than the target expects it to. 

Just a thought.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009
You guys are great, especially Mdude77 for setting this up!  Thank you!

I know what my homework is, now....Maybe I'll be back here once I've done my part....

You are wellcome !!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 1260
Merit: 504
You guys are great, especially Mdude77 for setting this up!  Thank you!

I know what my homework is, now....Maybe I'll be back here once I've done my part....
Pages:
Jump to: