Pages:
Author

Topic: MPoolMonitor 4.2-monitors most pools, idle worker notification, blockchain.info - page 9. (Read 100788 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Seem broken for btc guild gives api error2 of something like this

was working 2 days ago

I believe BTCGuild has been having problems.  Not sure if it affects their API output or not, but they have been having problems.

M

The DDoS/stratum problems had no affect on API, and there have been no changes to the API other than fixing the displayed PPS rate of the pool (it was showing 0 diff/0 rate).

Then it must be my side, or he was clicking refresh manually and hit the 60 second window.  I know while working on the next pool (slush), I found I missed adding some steps to the last two pools.  I've discovered that I don't find problems that others will because I always test all pools at once, and there are certain things that won't surface unless you're only using that pool. 

I hope to have an update out this weekend with slush support and the aforementioned bugs fixed.

Thanks.

M
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

was working 2 days ago

I believe BTCGuild has been having problems.  Not sure if it affects their API output or not, but they have been having problems.

M

The DDoS/stratum problems had no affect on API, and there have been no changes to the API other than fixing the displayed PPS rate of the pool (it was showing 0 diff/0 rate).
legendary

was working 2 days ago

M
Activity: 103
Merit: 10

was working 2 days ago
legendary
It is correct and I can see all my miners and hash rates. Just gives the error.

Also, if you manually hit the refresh button more than once a minute, BTCGuild will complain.  I'll try to change MPoolMonitor in the future to give better feedback about that.

M
legendary

Try changing the refresh rate to 2minutes and see if goes away.  BTCGuild is the first pool I've found that returns "you're only allowed to check this once every 60 seconds" if you refresh too often.  MPoolMonitor won't check more often than every 60 seconds, but it's possible between your clock and the pool clock that the pool is slapping your hands when it shouldn't.

M
Activity: 497
Merit: 500
legendary
I get an error with BTCGuild  PJ:API ERROR2

That means it had a problem parsing the output from BTCGuild.  Check your API key, is it correct?

You should be able to go this URL in your browser, putting your API key at the end:

https://www.btcguild.com/api.php?api_key=

M
Activity: 497
Merit: 500
I get an error with BTCGuild  PJ:API ERROR2
legendary
Link give 21 version insteadt 22 ...

sad

Oops.  Fixed.

Thanks!

M
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Link give 21 version insteadt 22 ...

sad
legendary
Version 2.2 released.  Adds support for BTCGuild, and more bugfixes/tweaks to be consistent across pools.

M

Thank you for adding BTC Guild to this.  Did you implement it in a way that if the API adds additional data (keeps the old stuff), it will continue to work?  BTC Guild will be adding a lot of new API data for the PPLNS payment method this week.  Nothing old will go away, but I know in the past some of these pool monitor gadgets didn't behave well when things were added to pool APIs.

It shouldn't be affected.  As long as the existing JSON structure remains unchanged and just new things are added, it should work.

If not, I can always fix it.

M
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Version 2.2 released.  Adds support for BTCGuild, and more bugfixes/tweaks to be consistent across pools.

M

Thank you for adding BTC Guild to this.  Did you implement it in a way that if the API adds additional data (keeps the old stuff), it will continue to work?  BTC Guild will be adding a lot of new API data for the PPLNS payment method this week.  Nothing old will go away, but I know in the past some of these pool monitor gadgets didn't behave well when things were added to pool APIs.
legendary

M
legendary
Also, a note to pool operators:

I have room for a message of the day (MOTD) for your pool.  If your pool is currently supported, and you want this, please PM me the URL for your MOTD.  Please note that:

- It would only be shown on the config tab, and would only refresh on demand when the user goes the config tab for your pool.
- I'm leaning towards refreshing it approximately hourly and showing a label on your pool's tab if it changes, but my implementation may change if I start getting some MOTDs.
- I can show HTML, including images.  But remember, this is a widget, so keep it small, like 550x300 pixels or less.
- If you imbed a URL, be sure to "target=_something" it so that it pops out my app.
- This is intended for notifications like "stratum now available" or "pool problems", not for advertisements. 

Regards,

M
legendary
I just published v2.1.

The big change to this is added support for BitMinter.
There are a lot of bug fixes as well.
Also made a few changes to try to keep the output somewhat consistent across the pools, since there doesn't seem to be a standard at all across the pools, aside from using JSON.

As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

M
Activity: 68
Merit: 13
Looks promising, would love to see BitMinter added Smiley

If you also need backup hosting, I have a few servers I would gladly host a copy for free. Just let me know.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
As long as we are talking about CSV files, they can be opened in practically anything.
legendary
Only for Windows, written with .Net, and closed source. No comments.
"everyone has Excel"
... Mate, on what world do you live? Smiley

In a corporate windows world where everyone has excel.  Sorry to disappoint, I use what I have.  As stated above, if your concern is it being closed source, as I said, .net is easily reverse engineered.  Maybe some day if I'm rich I'll buy a dev environment that can target multiple platforms.

I've tried linux multiple times, and I have the same problem linux people do when they use windows ... they get completely lost.  Despite great efforts by linux devs, there is a still very large divide between windows and linux.

M

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Only for Windows, written with .Net, and closed source. No comments.
"everyone has Excel"
... Mate, on what world do you live? Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: