Pages:
Author

Topic: MPoolMonitor 4.2-monitors most pools, idle worker notification, blockchain.info - page 7. (Read 100788 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Dont even touch mpoolmonitor until you get cgminer working.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009
Activity: 1260
Merit: 504
Look, I'm fresh off the bankster dependency boat.  I'm trying to use M's Pool Monitor v2.8 for a Bitminter account, and I'm not getting things to work.

I'm using Windows Vista and trying to get an Eruptor to work.

I have 3 questions:

1.  In the MPoolMonitor, What do each of the 'Configure' fields mean/do?

(I have assumed answers in [brackets], if that helps any) (I highlighted maybe the most critical question marks in blue, too.)

-Server Name: [mint.bitminter.com:8332]Huh
-Server Port: [8332]Huh
-Password: [(password in Bitminter account, right?)]
-Use SSL [??]
-From Name:  [??]
-From Address:  [??]

-Name:  [Just my own title, for email, right?]
-Address: [My alert email address Monitor will send it to?]
-Subject: [My message?]

Also, it says, "Check API Key", but it looks like my key is fine from BitMinter?

--

My computer doesn't seem to know there's an Eruptor there!  (I said I was fresh off the boat.  Oh, how embarrassing.)

I did find my way to a pdf from Silicon Labs entitled, "Serial Communications Guide for the CP210x."  In the olden days, I did program in some languages, but I don't even know the programming language they are using much less what software app to use to enter it in, etc.  Do I even need to mess with that with my Eruptor plugged into my USB port?  The driver was supposedly downloaded successfully, but the Eruptor doesn't seem to show up as a new drive/device or anything.  I tried with 2 Eruptors from two different sources, BTW.

I guess Question #2 is:  How do I get my Eruptor to work?!!  :-)

--

As for MPoolMonitor's configuration, in the Readme, it says, "Configuration is stored in the registry at HKCU\Software\MMiningMonitor."  I totally don't get where that address alludes to, but I assume somewhere in my computer or on the Internet is a file I can read with an editor (Notepad) to manually change the config.

Where/what is "HKCU\Software\MMiningMonitor" referring to?

-----

I am reading through the rest of this thread, now, too....Getting caught up with it, to see if my questions were already answered, but I didn't see them upon quick review.

--

Thank you!
legendary
Hello Mdude77 i'm trying you program, i'm using 50Btc pool, your program make a little mistake, the hash rate is reported in Gh/s, but my mining hardware produce Mh/s, and this happens only with 50btc, if i use my mining hardware on others pools (like Bitminter, BtcGuild or Slush) the Hash rate is reported correctly.

The problem is only on the two big top entry-field where is reported the total hash rate of the pool and of all the pool you are using, in the worker grid the hash rate is reportetd correctly.

Good job indeed !

Hmm, thanks for the feedback.  That's odd because I tested every pool not that long ago to make sure everything was working right.  I'll have to look again.

M

If you need i can send you a screen shot where you can see exactly the situation.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Hello Mdude77 i'm trying you program, i'm using 50Btc pool, your program make a little mistake, the hash rate is reported in Gh/s, but my mining hardware produce Mh/s, and this happens only with 50btc, if i use my mining hardware on others pools (like Bitminter, BtcGuild or Slush) the Hash rate is reported correctly.

The problem is only on the two big top entry-field where is reported the total hash rate of the pool and of all the pool you are using, in the worker grid the hash rate is reportetd correctly.

Good job indeed !

Hmm, thanks for the feedback.  That's odd because I tested every pool not that long ago to make sure everything was working right.  I'll have to look again.

M
legendary

Good job indeed !
legendary
Published v2.8 to fix a problem with Bitminter stats.

M
legendary
What is db stats

Because the test passed, it must not have been active for 5 minutes and then inactive for 5 minutes.

DB stats is storing various statistics in a local Access database.  If you don't have Access, or know how to use it, this probably is of little value to you.

M
legendary
legendary
legendary
I had it zero for over 5 minutes but did it right after start up. I couldn't bear to let cgminer stay closed any longer. I guess I'll know next time a real event occurs.

Were you able to successfully send a test email?

M
legendary
I had it zero for over 5 minutes but did it right after start up. I couldn't bear to let cgminer stay closed any longer. I guess I'll know next time a real event occurs.
legendary
My p2pool went to 0 and no email was sent. Is it because api address doesn't match user u?

How long was it zero?  When it attempts to send an email, a taskbar notification icon message will be sent indicating if it was sent or if the email failed.  Were you able to successfully send a test email?

It doesn't do any verification, it should send an email when any worker drops to zero after being active for 5 or more minutes.  I have since found that logic isn't quite right, and it'll send emails more than it's supposed to.  The "active" clock isn't properly reset when it drops to zero, so if it's EVER been active 5 or more minutes, and drops to zero for 5 minutes, it'll send an email.

M
legendary
My p2pool went to 0 and no email was sent. Is it because api address doesn't match user u?
legendary
Just released 2.7 to fix the oversights of the column changes for the pools.  This time I tested each pool to make sure it worked. Smiley

Let me know if you have any issues.

M
legendary
v2.5 worked fine for me, but when I upgraded to v2.6, I get this error with 50BTC pool:

"An error has occurred when parsing output from 50BTC:
Column 'Hashrate' does not belong to table Table1"

I was just thinking, I didn't verify my changes work for all the pools.  Thanks for the heads up, I'll correct.

M
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
v2.5 worked fine for me, but when I upgraded to v2.6, I get this error with 50BTC pool:

"An error has occurred when parsing output from 50BTC:
Column 'Hashrate' does not belong to table Table1"
legendary
legendary
Just released version 2.6.  Things of note:

- This now has idle worker email notification support.  It works across all pools, if any worker is active (> 0 hashrate) for 5 minutes, and then goes inactive (0 hashrate) for 5 minutes, it'll send an email based on the configuration you provided.  Note that this does not currently work with Verizon's email servers, which means it probably won't work with select other ISP servers.  However, it DOES work for gmail (note gmail uses SSL/TLS - so turn on the SSL option in this app's email config).  This problem is because of Microsoft's limited implementation of SMTP emailing.  I intend to fix this if possible in the future by NOT using Microsoft's SMTP code.

- Because I'm using Microsoft's SMTP implementation, I've bumped this up to .Net 4.0.

- Each worker hashrate also has an average hashrate listed.  The average is the average of the last 60 reading for that worker.  This should help normalize the readings you get from some pools.

M
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: