Pages:
Author

Topic: M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor v5.2: alerts,auto/mass/scheduled reboot/mobile miner - page 5. (Read 209242 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
The solution for monitoring tools may well be to support those broken APIs also, but ignoring the consistent and backward compatible cgminer API I've written is a mistake.

That's a bit harsh.  My app is coded around the API output coming from the supported miners at the time it was written.  How/why would support be added for data that isn't available and can't be tested with?

M
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Expect the same problem soon with the AntS5

Kano, are you working your magic on a new S5 update similar to the excellent S3 one?

If so, you sir are a legend..... Wink
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
The cgminer output is consistent across all devices.

The problem is when manufacturers make forks of the cgminer code and break the API compatibility ... and also don't update their forks from master cgminer.

The solution for monitoring tools may well be to support those broken APIs also, but ignoring the consistent and backward compatible cgminer API I've written is a mistake.

Expect the same problem soon with the AntS5
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
i just upgraded cgminer from kano to 4.9.2 and while the s3 has been running for about 15 minutes, in Miner Monitor [v5.2] I am still seeing ERROR. though i can see it from my own firefox web interface.

thoughts??

I just heard elsewhere it doesn't work properly with Kano's change.  Please PM the output from the miner API and I'll see if I can tweak it.  It should be an easy fix.

M

pm sent

With kano to 4.9.2 I have experience the same error. It would be very nice if a tweak would be made to allow these updated unit within Ms Miner. I would be happy to contribute for this tweak at the bitcoin address provided.... 
legendary
I almost feel stupid asking this... How do we install this on Windows ? Where is the setup files ?   

Thank you guys ...

No install. Smiley  Just unzip it somewhere and run it.

M
legendary
I'm not sure what you're asking?

M

mmonitor s5 sees, but sp20 not sees. Settings in the image below. help me.

legendary
Best share should be ~50Billion or higher.
Then:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5292279

This isn't the first time this has occurred. It has actually happened several times but I have let it go thinking it was a rental where someone rented my unit and scored blocks on low difficulty coins.
By the way Thank you for your reply sir. I always appreciate it.

Unfortunately I do not have anything anywhere near 50 bill and I haven't had anything up for rent in weeks so I am at a loss as to why the monitor shows  a block. Knowing you've solved a block is a big deal to some of us. I do not know if I have ever had a miner solve a block.

The app doesn't do any calculations for blocks - it simply shows what the output from the miner states.  I'm guessing your miner switched to westhash or something for a short period and solved a block.

Back on Topic for here, My SP20s do not show the correct hashrate. I read this thread today from the first page to here and see where one other person had the same issue.
It looks like mdude recommends you get all your data via http and not ssh so I have mine setup that way.

I emailed Spondoolies about this a while back.  The app shows the "MHAvg" value for all SP equipment.  On SP30s, that value is spot on.  On SP20s, for some reason that value is different.  They said they'd look at it, and I have not heard back from them.  I was hoping they'd fix it in a future firmware update, but I really don't know.

M
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
I almost feel stupid asking this... How do we install this on Windows ? Where is the setup files ?   

Thank you guys ...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I just stumbled upon this awesome program, but have one issue. I can't seem to find this anywhere... is there an option to reboot on temp alert? IE: Temp reaches > XX Celcius, reboot miner. I'm receiving email alerts just fine. I see options to reboot on low Hash Rate, etc. But nothing about rebooting on high temp alerts. Thanks in advance.
Activity: 411
mmonitor s5 sees, but sp20 not sees. Settings in the image below. help me.
legendary
Then:

This isn't the first time this has occurred. It has actually happened several times but I have let it go thinking it was a rental where someone rented my unit and scored blocks on low difficulty coins.

Unfortunately I do not have anything anywhere near 50 bill and I haven't had anything up for rent in weeks so I am at a loss as to why the monitor shows  a block. Knowing you've solved a block is a big deal to some of us. I do not know if I have ever had a miner solve a block.
If I kept everything pointed at Kano.IS I would know wouldn't I? Smiley

I am going to figure out how to get data from API calls and put it somewhere so I can figure out how to know.
I am also going to find or make something which gets the current buy / sell prices from as many exchanges as possible for BTC and I think API calls are my best way to do so.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Ultimately I want to have specific local miner and pool data taken at random intervals and I set flags for various items of interest. Hashrate drops to a certain point, best share over a certain value, temperature highs / lows, etc, etc so I am going to have to learn how to get this data myself and record it.

I keep running M's Miner Monitor for a bit and then stopping for a while, but it is so handy compared to anything else I have seen, or obviously if I can customize the data provided to me, again with API calls then that is probably what I should do.
I have to learn how to do it heh

Thanks Again!
If you send the API the string 'version+summary+pools+edevs+estats+config' that should give you back pretty much everything you could want in one go.
If you want the reply in json then send '{"command":"version+summary+pools+edevs+estats+config"}'
( both without the single quotes ' )
Of course I documented it all here: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/API-README
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
^^^Your line:
Code:
{"api-listen":true,"api-allow":"W:127.0.0.1","pools":

Should be:
Code:
{"api-listen":true,"api-allow":"W:127.0.0.1,R:192.168.0.194","pools":

to allow read access, or prepend a W instead of an R to the IP to set write access (i.e restarts, pool changes etc)
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
Then:

If I kept everything pointed at Kano.IS I would know wouldn't I? Smiley

I am going to figure out how to get data from API calls and put it somewhere so I can figure out how to know.
I am also going to find or make something which gets the current buy / sell prices from as many exchanges as possible for BTC and I think API calls are my best way to do so.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Back on Topic for here, My SP20s do not show the correct hashrate. I read this thread today from the first page to here and see where one other person had the same issue.
It looks like mdude recommends you get all your data via http and not ssh so I have mine setup that way.

See in this picture where I show what the pool side shows for miner 47 and it is accurate in so far as that is what I see when I login locally through the SP20 web app. I also show what M's Miner Monitor displays for miner 47. I tried using 5.2 and MMinerMonitor53b1
47,48,50,51 are SP20s and these are the ones shown. All of my SP20s have the same issue.

With the pool monitor you can see where it shows the score as well. 51 is the SP20 which has a 1 in the block column next to it in M's mimer Monitor. The rest show 0

If I select the checkbox for API access in M's Miner Monitor, then config, all I get are the same values except my uptime goes to error.
I followed the instructions in  the OP to allow API access to the SP20.

SSH to your miner
type "vi /etc/cgminer.conf"
NOTE: with newer firmware it may be cgminer.conf/template

On my SP20, I see one line of data that start with this:

{"api-listen":true,"api-allow":"W:127.0.0.1","pools":

press 'i' on your keyboard to allow editing

scroll to the end of the section that reads "W:127.0.0.1" and add ",your ip", like this where "your ip" is the IP address the monitoring app is running from.  It should look something like this:

{"api-listen":true,"api-allow":"W:127.0.0.1,192.168.0.194","pools":

press Esc, ':' then 'w' and then 'q' and press enter.

Then it states
Restart cgminer from the miner console, and on the pools tab you should see the new API allow.

I can check the pools page in the local web gui for the SP20 and it shows my IP along with the 127.0.0.1 just as Mdude's instructions show it should. If I restart anything from the local miner web gui and check pools the IP I added is gone.
I must not understand exactly what is meant by:
Restart cgminer from the miner console

I know Mdude stays hooked up and busy so if anyone has any suggestions no matter how trivial please drop me a line.

Ultimately I want to have specific local miner and pool data taken at random intervals and I set flags for various items of interest. Hashrate drops to a certain point, best share over a certain value, temperature highs / lows, etc, etc so I am going to have to learn how to get this data myself and record it.

I keep running M's Miner Monitor for a bit and then stopping for a while, but it is so handy compared to anything else I have seen, or obviously if I can customize the data provided to me, again with API calls then that is probably what I should do.
I have to learn how to do it heh

Thanks Again!
legendary
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

What is the best way to track down a block found in M's Miner?

I have an SP20E parked at Slush's which shows a block found today.
I restarted a couple of days ago and 0 for all fields of block mined.
I do occasionally rent out hash, but the SP20s in browser screen would show me if I'd mined at a different pool.
How would I track down if I mined a block?

Activity: 316
i just upgraded cgminer from kano to 4.9.2 and while the s3 has been running for about 15 minutes, in Miner Monitor [v5.2] I am still seeing ERROR. though i can see it from my own firefox web interface.

thoughts??

I just heard elsewhere it doesn't work properly with Kano's change.  Please PM the output from the miner API and I'll see if I can tweak it.  It should be an easy fix.

M

pm sent
legendary

thoughts??

M
Activity: 316

thoughts??
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
because it is marked as Do Not Reboot

why does this always happen.. seems i am always unchecking that box.

legendary
Reboot the device occurs in the parameter - GH / S (avg) per page:

It would be better to restart the device if the reduced value of GH / S (5s), but not immediately, and if the decline Hashrate occurs over 3-5 consecutive periods Refresh Every.

It's a decent idea.  However, like other ideas, I currently do not have the time to implement them, nor do I know when I will have the time.

M
Pages:
Jump to: