Pages:
Author

Topic: Mt.Gox SCAM? $38million disappeared. Large sums affected. - page 11. (Read 38105 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Has anyone thought about maybe Mark K is simply taking a vacation? I hear he's been trying to visit this pretty beach for some time now.

Da Da Dum Dum Dum - Another One Bites The Dust

Water skiing, surf boarding, oh boy what fun!

While listening to Iron Maiden with the Scavenger's Daughter on the beach, somebody'll be tightening the Thumbscrews on The Wheel that's turning The Rack of Brazen Bull, of which will be served up with Stake and Choke Pears prior to a fun game of Pillory.

My only question is, why weren't tickets made available via pre-orders?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
People still use MtGox? Geesh, some never learn.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
If you ask me their claim is nothing but an attempt to buy more time.

If they can stop BTC withdrawals that stops their "bank" from becoming insolvent in the short-term.
One possibility is that it's an attempt to drive the price below other exchanges in order to attract more fiat once the "technical difficulties" magically resolve themselves.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
If you ask me their claim is nothing but an attempt to buy more time.

If they can stop BTC withdrawals that stops their "bank" from becoming insolvent in the short-term.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
and how is that working out?

Edit: yes we know who mark is, we know he is running a ponzi and we know the dea has him by the balls... wait a second, were you being sarcastic?

At least in the case of Mt Gox, at least we know against whom we should file the court case.

Only if you have the necessary pocket money, which in many cases could be more than what Gox owes you.
legendary

Edit: yes we know who mark is, we know he is running a ponzi and we know the dea has him by the balls... wait a second, were you being sarcastic?

At least in the case of Mt Gox, at least we know against whom we should file the court case.

Or just dont use exchanges and do in-person transactions.
legendary
It's going to be a long weekend for MTGOX users.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Believe it or not, but there are people out there, who find information channels, like this forum, too complex to comprehend. There are people out there who are used to getting their information from the evening news, and if some of them lose their path and wonder to the world of bitcoin, then they will get their information from places like bitcoin.org. Places that are still recommending MtGox as the first choice of exchanges.. There is no clear central information network about the integrity of different exchanges.
And if you are saying "to hell with those people, they are stupid and deserve it", then you are saying to hell with bitcoin. Because these kind of people are still the majority of society, and these people would be the future of bitcoin if bitcoin has a future.
Don't be an elitist snoob with the fact that you get your information by more complex methods. That will scare away those who you see as inferior, and then they don't want to play bitcoin with you anymore..

Point taken, seems u r right. Shame on Bitcoin Foundation ruled by bunch of scam artists...
legendary
use btc-e or bitsimple

why use gox? wtf?

People use Mt Gox because the owners are known to everyone... unlike the BTC-E.

I guess they also use MTGOX because they will accept your USD wire but claim they can't send out USD wires in any meaningful timeframe right?

Functionality is 100% there...nothing to see here  Roll Eyes
legendary
Dear MtGox Customers,

During our efforts to resolve the issue being encountered by some bitcoin withdrawals it was determined that the increase in withdrawal traffic is hindering our efforts on a technical level. As to get a better look at the process the system needs to be in a static state.

In order for our team to resolve the withdrawal issue it is necessary to temporarily pause all withdrawal traffic to obtain a clear technical view of the current processes.

We apologize for the extremely short notice, but as of now all bitcoin withdrawals will be paused, and withdrawals in the queue will returned to your MtGox wallet and can be re-intiated once the issue is resolved. Customers can still use the trading platform as usual.

Our team will be working hard through the weekend and will provide an update on Monday, February 10, 2014 (JST).

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and ask for your continued patience and support while we work to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

The MtGox Team

As usual? lol

I guess in that sense they are consistently incompetent in keeping their customers able to utilitze their "system's" functionality to its fullest.

i should call up mark and ask him when he is going to add litecoin.

Do ya really want to add a cancer like MTGOX to Litecoin's rep? I would think not.

But I know you are kidding. lol
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
use btc-e or bitsimple

why use gox? wtf?

People use Mt Gox because the owners are known to everyone... unlike the BTC-E.
legendary
How long is MtGox going to be a scab on the face of Bitcoin?

Stop using MtGox people. That was obvious in 2011...

for the truth.

use btc-e or bitsimple

why use gox? wtf?
Who's bitsimple?

bitsimple.com they dont scam

used to be fastcash4bitcoin.com but that was before your time.
I think I saw tangible cryptography somewhere before.  US based scary a bit but I'll check em out.  Thanks.

bitsimple.com is registed with the us govt, btc-e is registerd with the russian mob.

either one is good.

better than gox, lol
Damn now there you go making the decision harder.  Russian mob vs US govt.  Better flip a coin just to be on the safe side.
legendary
Dear MtGox Customers,

During our efforts to resolve the issue being encountered by some bitcoin withdrawals it was determined that the increase in withdrawal traffic is hindering our efforts on a technical level. As to get a better look at the process the system needs to be in a static state.

In order for our team to resolve the withdrawal issue it is necessary to temporarily pause all withdrawal traffic to obtain a clear technical view of the current processes.

We apologize for the extremely short notice, but as of now all bitcoin withdrawals will be paused, and withdrawals in the queue will returned to your MtGox wallet and can be re-intiated once the issue is resolved. Customers can still use the trading platform as usual.

Our team will be working hard through the weekend and will provide an update on Monday, February 10, 2014 (JST).

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and ask for your continued patience and support while we work to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

The MtGox Team

As usual? lol

I guess in that sense they are consistently incompetent in keeping their customers unable to utilitze their "system's" functionality to its fullest.

1. Can't get fiat out in any meaningful way - CHECK

2. Can't get Bitcoin out in any meaningful way - CHECK

3. You can still buy and sell bitcoins using MTGOXUSD (and other fiat) and pay them trading fees - CHECK

4. All is well - CHECK
legendary

for the truth.

use btc-e or bitsimple

why use gox? wtf?
Who's bitsimple?

bitsimple.com they dont scam

used to be fastcash4bitcoin.com but that was before your time.
I think I saw tangible cryptography somewhere before.  US based scary a bit but I'll check em out.  Thanks.
legendary

for the truth.

use btc-e or bitsimple

why use gox? wtf?
Who's bitsimple?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
They are a Gold Member of the Bitcoin Foundation, how come people do not trust them?   Cheesy

Lol. Exactly.  Cheesy Trust this guy! Gives great speeches for the BBC on behalf of Bitcoin. NOT https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4989635

Also leaks sourcecodes for huge shorting platforms since 2012.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Wait...what?Huh I thought php could do anything? At least that's what Mark said once upon a time. Maybe they finally turned on their LTC support and it borked their homebrew BTC client?

Shocking incompetence but really just another in a long line of cock ups.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
They are a Gold Member of the Bitcoin Foundation, how come people do not trust them?   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Pages:
Jump to: