Pages:
Author

Topic: Mt.Gox SCAM? $38million disappeared. Large sums affected. - page 9. (Read 38105 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
cause when i think bitcoins I think of Magic: The Gathering
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Fiat deposits work to gox? Maybe can buy some btc when it hits 100$
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
This is just a thought...

... possible deep speculation, but can anyone join these dots up?

The arrest of The BitInstant CEO occurred on Feb 3rd, just before these other issues began with MtGox,
here is the MtGox press Release.

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/26563440-MtGox-Response-to-BitInstant-CEO-Arrest

It seems there has been an increase in regulatory pressure on MtGox since then (starting more or less exactly then).

I am not sure of the exact charges of the BitInstant CEO, or what his relationship to MtGox is, but is it possible there is a link between the BitInstant event and regulatory action against MtGox?

Any ideas? or am I way off?

Well they did say there are some ongoing investigations that they can't comment on... I wouldn't be surprised if the shit is going to hit the fan for them very soon. I don't care, I just want my btc!
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
This is just a thought...

... possible deep speculation, but can anyone join these dots up?

The arrest of The BitInstant CEO occurred on Feb 3rd, just before these other issues began with MtGox,
here is the MtGox press Release.

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/26563440-MtGox-Response-to-BitInstant-CEO-Arrest

It seems there has been an increase in regulatory pressure on MtGox since then (starting more or less exactly then).

I am not sure of the exact charges of the BitInstant CEO, or what his relationship to MtGox is, but is it possible there is a link between the BitInstant event and regulatory action against MtGox?

Any ideas? or am I way off?
Activity: 381
Could someone explain to me why Gox has a much higher price for BTC. Someone offered an explanation once that it was one of the only exchanges that Europe and Asia could use easily?

It was very enticing to sell my BTC on Gox and rebuy through other exchanges until I saw the monthly Withdrawal limits.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
To hell with Gox, Localcoins is where it's at.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Gox's fractional reserve system coming to an end finally. Buckle up.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
If morons didn't figure out that mt gox is shady, what exchange or bank keeps limiting withdrawals? Ohh i know the ones who are having bank runs like Cyprus banks and about to go bankrupt.

THEY ARE NOT HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, they just don't have enough cash to support people withdrawing massive amounts of money.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

Yes and more precisely, here's where they jumped the shark:

To understand the issue thoroughly, the system needs to be in a static state.

Snapshot anyone? Roll Eyes
Activity: 406
Activity: 227
Merit: 125
hopefully Bistamp is not gonna have these kind of issues soon Undecided ....
do not even tell, all my savings are there.

Anyway, why there is no angry customer going to Japan to "meet" Mt gox rich nerds? if i were an mt gox customer i would do that. I want to see the face of who is stealing my money.

exactly, there must be reward on their heads allready.....Smiley

However why keeping your money with online broker? Just buy BTCs, transfer it to your (one or more) wallet(s) of your choice and when selling (for fiats) do the reverse and transfer fiats to you trusted bank account.
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
Hodlers Network
do not even tell, all my savings are there.

Anyway, why there is no angry customer going to Japan to "meet" Mt gox rich nerds? if i were an mt gox customer i would do that. I want to see the face of who is stealing my money.
Activity: 227
Merit: 125
Activity: 616
After reading the story below (it was posted by someone in this thread) I realized one of the things that is mentioned is the problems that MtGox is having with the banks. What is the main reason why there is a back log in bitcoin trades is because the banks and governments have decided to not accept any money from MtGox anymore that they are holding them up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x9gue/my_protest_at_mtgox_offices_5_to_7th_february

I would take that story with a pinch of salt! The guy can jump on a 16 hour flight from Australia but can't be arsed to upload a 30 second video clip from Gox Lobby to YouTube! LMFAO!  Cheesy

Good point Smiley A lot of creativity - very little documentation. Who jumps on a plane without an appointment? Does a trip from Australia to Japan really take 16 hours?

Maybe the guys is one of the early investors of bitcoin that he's got a lot at stake, and flying out to Tokyo is just a drop in the bucket for him money wise. Not a lot of us are like that but some people are, and the ones who have had enough of MtGox BS I could see doing something like that.  Smiley
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
After reading the story below (it was posted by someone in this thread) I realized one of the things that is mentioned is the problems that MtGox is having with the banks. What is the main reason why there is a back log in bitcoin trades is because the banks and governments have decided to not accept any money from MtGox anymore that they are holding them up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x9gue/my_protest_at_mtgox_offices_5_to_7th_february

I would take that story with a pinch of salt! The guy can jump on a 16 hour flight from Australia but can't be arsed to upload a 30 second video clip from Gox Lobby to YouTube! LMFAO!  Cheesy

Good point Smiley A lot of creativity - very little documentation. Who jumps on a plane without an appointment? Does a trip from Australia to Japan really take 16 hours?
Activity: 565
Merit: 316

Activity: 140
Merit: 107
Watch out INTERPOLs red notice list on Monday evening or Tuesday morning.
Requests (>1) are from the USA.

Was leaked by an well respected french IT security consultant in an private hacking-related chatroom.

So what does this mean?

Edit: actually financial fraud is a reason some notices are issued, but it seems there is plenty of stuff going on behind the scenes. this happened before in Europe, where banks/governments effectively attack an exchange to spur a bank-run.

Q1. What is causing the withdrawal delays?

• Well, because Gox is the best known of all the exchanges, we have been under the regulatory spotlight.

• This has created problems with government agencies, and also with our banking partners.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x9gue/my_protest_at_mtgox_offices_5_to_7th_february/

info about interpol notices:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpol_notice

Currently 278 red notices outstanding, 160 issued by the US

http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/wanted
Watch out INTERPOLs red notice list on Monday evening or Tuesday morning.
Requests (>1) are from the USA.

Was leaked by an well respected french IT security consultant in an private hacking-related chatroom.

So what does this mean? Interpol could be looking for Bill Gates for a we know.

This sounds more like a fear mongering attempt by you!

"Q1. What is causing the withdrawal delays?
• Well, because Gox is the best known of all the exchanges, we have been under the regulatory spotlight.
• This has created problems with government agencies, and also with our banking partners.
• There are also some ongoing investigations, which we cannot talk about."

I think if this is the case and the banks and the governments are tying up their bank accounts it would be in the best of interest of MtGox to explain themselves as things could turn around more in their favor, instead of giving people their bullshit.

Pages:
Jump to: