Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 111. (Read 908613 times)

zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 20, 2014, 04:36:34 PM
What is the theory - why is goxbtc/goxusd price so low?

OMG its not a theory, its in front of your eyes !

Insiders (people connected to Mark and other readily accessibles accounts and he himself are cashing out!) no matter

what ---- nobody is doing anything about that --- so they just go on....extincting any kind of proove...creating a story

together with some parasites laywers and the die is cast - pronto

This does not answer the question - why is goxbtc price so cheap compared to goxusd. They are both gox, and have been non-withdrawable for about 4 weeks.

That is actually a good question.   goxbtc and goxusd should both be worth equally less since both are equally at risk.

However,  goxbtc unlike goxusd clearly is much lower.  Therefore, I would conclude that goxbtc is NOT real BTC.  While goxusd is real USD, but not withdrawable.

If nobody believes it now ....hindsight will tell you that those dollars are real and have been withdrawn as were all

the real BTC.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 20, 2014, 04:28:42 PM
Anyway, if you look at the volumes since this bloodbath began (last night US time) then you know they can utterly crush this thing down to < 10 USD in literally seconds.

Goxers just hold and get a lawyer like dude above says.  Lawyers are a garbage profession but you might get a higher value on your coin in the courts of wherever, Poland or whatnots.  Let's hope Poland exists as well.

Oh, when the potato market was cornered and crashed in the 1970s, how long did the cort process take?  Oh?  Years you say?  Oh.  And how much did the plaintiffs get back?
American1973
February 20, 2014, 04:23:15 PM
If there is a deal, MtGox executives won't make money, actually, they should be the loosers of the deal.
Somit should not reward incompetence.
But that is the fair scenario. Business is not often fair...

Incompetence is what?

Because, in the corporate model, theft is rewarded and has been so since corporation model invented by Dutch East India slavers.  But, Information Tech (computer dudes) is a newer thing altogether.

So, I would say incompetent IT workers, could be seen as the same as low-paid or disinterested or temporarily employed IT workers.  That's why Gox had bad implementation of IT sec rules, and as I explained, its due to dumbshits at the top, seeing IT as a disposable, fractionably renderable, indeed destroyable, industry.  They see IT as a puzzle piece that is so damn uncooperative.  Haha, they have no idea how uncooperative IT worker union of global proportions could be.  What if they went on strike?  What the fuck would happen to all the money?  ANSWER: It all would be totally gone, if the IT workers on which this world is based, are rendered down and destroyed.  Edward Snowden is all temps.
Activity: 504
February 20, 2014, 04:16:08 PM
What's the fastest way to deposit fiat on Gox now?

How fast is OK-Pay?

(Yes, I'm aware of the risks.)

The only reason people are buying coins on Gox is because they hope this will stop, and Gox will return to it's former high service level. Secondly they have nothing to loose, they are not in on some great deal. If I had my money elsewhere, I surely would not deposit any there now.

See it like this: If things go back to normal this instant and withdrawals from Gox commence now. What would happen to the price on other exchanges?? You see? Price would level off around what 200$? and great swings would follow. Maybe the downturn on Gox would spread to the whole economy (I think it will anyway).

You would end up loosing money too. You presume that you can get your money out and the price is favourable on other exchanges when you want to sell.  LOL

I've been trying to withdraw since May 5 2013 and gotten compliments from Gox support for my  patience (That's true).

But you're using USD and you live in the US, right?
I'm gonna try Euro. I live in Europe.

It's a long term investment anyway. I don't need to sell the coins this year.

No, I traded USD against, the reason being that I didn't have much confidence in EUR at the time and USD had and has greater volume. So my sepa was USD to EUR on GOX then from EUR to DKK in my own bank!! I know twice the fees, but still better than trading my own currency or EUR directly.

It didn't trigger any KYC/AML red lights? Could that have been the problem too?
They didn't inform me on any problems related to that arrangement.
zyk
February 20, 2014, 04:14:53 PM

Insiders (people connected to Mark and other readily accessibles accounts and he himself are cashing out!) no matter

what ---- nobody is doing anything about that --- so they just go on....extincting any kind of proove...creating a story

This does not answer the question - why is goxbtc price so cheap compared to goxusd. They are both gox, and have been non-withdrawable for about 4 weeks.
Is not people still reporting EUR withdraws being processed? From what I've seen, EUR withdraws still occur. Also, people who believe gox is insolvent would rather hold USD maybe because they believe it will be easier to get the USD back legally.

Nobody in their right mind would sell at Gox at  these prices not you, not me not panicked japanese nobody who erroneously thinks btcs as an asset is not claimable.....really noone...besides?Huh?
American1973
February 20, 2014, 04:13:46 PM
If you deposited metal coin with someone and they clipped them and wouldn't even give you examples of the clipped coins but you managed to get one and it revealed that yes, the bullion content of your coin is actively being shat upon, well, that is a broken-bench.  Ruptured bench.  Debasing your customers coins is the same thing as stealing their gold.  The coin is worth less, because the "trueness" of it is purposefully and RICO style debauched in criminal fashion.

Sure, crypto is not gold, but, the COTUS for example specifies specie (metal bullion coin) as true money, and in terms of debt law, if you debaucvh coins as a banker, you'll either rule the world or get bought up or eliminated by whomever had entrusted their coins to you.  Debasing coins is historically the way the worlds markets move: FACT.

seriously! I LOLLED. i know it's wrong and i am ashamed that I did, but if this IS Mark K's ideology... I gotta say, he's STUPID AS F*CK.
still LOLLING.

dead man walking.

disclaimer: it's just a turn of phrase, but as a neutral observer, i'd say the man's days in business are numbered.

Heh, thanks.

FWIW I love Japanese people and if this dude fucks them over, I will hate him on that reason alone.  We owe them better, they are a cool country, and early adopters of the coin.  Also, I believe in Magix and manna as well.

HOWEVER, a halt is still the best thing, and the window is closing, because, one must ask this question:  In what way, is a blockchain, like a float-of-coins in real life of history?  EXAMPLE:

In 15xx, there was 10 tons of coined-metal "x"
Then, some percentage was shat upon, clipped by the Lords, Barons, Kings, etc
Then, the little plebes got shitcoins in their hands before they could react
Then, a new "true" coin would be given for the shitcoin
Then rinse
Then repeat
Then invent some new thing
Then see if it can be shat upon
Then...
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
February 20, 2014, 04:10:33 PM
My guess: MtGox will be bought by another exchange and our BTC will be transferred to this new company.
Those who kept their BTC will get their money back (as the could sell back their BTC at "normal" price).
MtGox executives will loose money, depending on the value MtGox will be bought.

That would be a fair solution.

"according to Marco Santori, Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation’s Regulatory Affairs Committee, “there’s a lot of people that think that they are getting a deal.”

Opinions ?

My opinion would be that this would a normal "all is well" bailout and a windfall for Goxxers who bought cheap coin.

I have no problem with BTC going back to 1000 dollar levels and Goxxers making that chop back, they have earned it FFS.  BUT, rewarding incompetence is like sprinkling incompetence-seed all over the world.

If there is a deal, MtGox executives won't make money, actually, they should be the loosers of the deal.
Somit should not reward incompetence.
But that is the fair scenario. Business is not often fair...
zyk
February 20, 2014, 04:10:05 PM

Nobody reads what I write apparently--- hello?---of course nor the polish neither the japanese accounts are frozen yet...

And of course you can instantly transfer the heist from those or do you really think Mark himself is waiting in the queue ?

But of course you can´t sell them at bitstamp in this quantity even if you have a fake identity established there.
American1973
February 20, 2014, 04:08:35 PM
My guess: MtGox will be bought by another exchange and our BTC will be transferred to this new company.
Those who kept their BTC will get their money back (as the could sell back their BTC at "normal" price).

"according to Marco Santori, Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation’s Regulatory Affairs Committee, “there’s a lot of people that think that they are getting a deal.”

Opinions ?

My opinion would be that this would a normal "all is well" bailout and a windfall for Goxxers who bought cheap coin.

I have no problem with BTC going back to 1000 dollar levels and Goxxers making that chop back, they have earned it FFS.  BUT, rewarding incompetence is like sprinkling incompetence-seed all over the world.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
February 20, 2014, 04:07:33 PM

Is not people still reporting EUR withdraws being processed? From what I've seen, EUR withdraws still occur. Also, people who believe gox is insolvent would rather hold USD maybe because they believe it will be easier to get the USD back legally.
American1973
February 20, 2014, 04:06:57 PM

That is actually a good question.   goxbtc and goxusd should both be worth equally less since both are equally at risk.

However,  goxbtc unlike goxusd clearly is much lower.  Therefore, I would conclude that goxbtc is NOT real BTC.  While goxusd is real USD, but not withdrawable.

Well, they malleability thing is their fault for themselves, in terms of, someone flipped it and doubled transactions, so, even if GoxCo were trying to unwind the thing, if they got into it at 3am and figured out the wings will 95% come off, then it becomes a bail out last parachute situation.  So, if you are a customer and you look out the side window and see the pilot and crew leaving via parachute, well, let's just say they spraypainted the windows black before you left, and you can't look out the window and can't see the pilot and crew bail out, and so you wonder "Why is the proximity alarm sounding?" and so forth.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 20, 2014, 04:02:27 PM

zyk
February 20, 2014, 04:00:20 PM
Even without the "Bitcoin Foundation Exeprt Cadre"...

Satoshi's idea is worth a lot.

These so called experts are probably > 50% dumbshits.

No, the hirarchy which formed around a peer to peer currency got exposed for what it is......

complicit in centralising and abetting the same real-world corruption and cronyism which steals from

the masses to the benefits of the few.

Either way bitcoin doesn´t deserve to be the top-dog in cryptoland ( malleability and slowliness )

Litecoin can everything what bitcoin does and is ten times cheaper and 4 times faster for any purpose.

Bitcoin in the hand of early adopters who don´t care or may be more? about the current heist is fucked

and should be given to wallstreet and their chain-letters called "investment -funds". Lets sell it down..

its not even worth a hundred dollars....
legendary
February 20, 2014, 04:00:10 PM

Opinions ?

If Mt.Gox is selling their customers BTC at 80% off the market price to another exchange,  then surely that would be a bargain.

However,  what right does Mt.Gox have to sell their customer's BTC?

Activity: 434
February 20, 2014, 03:59:51 PM

Opinions ?

NO.
Activity: 476
February 20, 2014, 03:59:04 PM

How fast is OK-Pay?

The only reason people are buying coins on Gox is because they hope this will stop, and Gox will return to it's former high service level. Secondly they have nothing to loose, they are not in on some great deal. If I had my money elsewhere, I surely would not deposit any there now.

See it like this: If things go back to normal this instant and withdrawals from Gox commence now. What would happen to the price on other exchanges?? You see? Price would level off around what 200$? and great swings would follow. Maybe the downturn on Gox would spread to the whole economy (I think it will anyway).

You would end up loosing money too. You presume that you can get your money out and the price is favourable on other exchanges when you want to sell.  LOL

I've been trying to withdraw since May 5 2013 and gotten compliments from Gox support for my  patience (That's true).

But you're using USD and you live in the US, right?
I'm gonna try Euro. I live in Europe.

It's a long term investment anyway. I don't need to sell the coins this year.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
February 20, 2014, 03:58:54 PM

legendary
February 20, 2014, 03:58:26 PM
The price of BTC on Mt.Gox at $123 assuming efficient markets (which clearly it is not) tells you the following:

MtGox BTC is likely not real BTC.  The probability that it is real is 20%.

MtGox has a shortage of USD and by pricing a non-market price for BTC is actually providing incentive of up to 400% on USD deposits.  This assumes of course BTC at MtGox is real.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
February 20, 2014, 03:57:39 PM

Opinions ?
Activity: 504
February 20, 2014, 03:56:12 PM

How fast is OK-Pay?

Jump to: