Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 125. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
February 18, 2014, 06:46:43 AM

So you want to buy cheap BTC, I understand that part. But, are you not worried not being able to withdraw anything? Can I ask, what is your strategy?

Well, I m just taking a risk and hope for the best Smiley

Better hope to find another fool to buy your crap for 70% free coins and realize some nice profit right on spot.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
February 18, 2014, 06:28:07 AM

So you want to buy cheap BTC, I understand that part. But, are you not worried not being able to withdraw anything? Can I ask, what is your strategy?

Well, I m just taking a risk and hope for the best Smiley

I am not planning to buy any big amount of BTCs. So even a daily limit of 1-3 BTCS would be enough for me.

In addition I am wondering what is more likely: 1) Mtgox is short of BTCs 2) Mtgox is short of cash. In the latter case , it means that buying BTCs and trying to sell them in another exhcange (provided that you manage to get them out of gox) gives you your money back..and faster than waiting for 4-6 weeks for the SEPA.

Activity: 70
February 18, 2014, 06:26:45 AM
fiat jpy withdrawal submitted on jan 27th just went through this afternoon.

thats 14 business days. 6 day increase from one on jan 6 that was 8 business days.

Fiat SEPA withdrawal submitted on jan 7th just went through this mornig.

aren´t you pissed by  not being able to buy some goxxies for under 200 Euros now???

as soon as it arrived, i sent some of it back Tongue

and it was instant. no joke. literally, instant. thats the gawks for you.
February 18, 2014, 06:03:15 AM

Also has anybody used the http://skanner.net/MtGox/cwithdrawal.php to cancel withdrawal? I wouldnt really trust the site to give away my credentials.

I had used them. You only need to create an API key with "deposit" and "getinfo" access rights, therefore there is no chance you're going to lose any funds etc. Just follow their step-by-step guide how to create the key. You are not giving them any credentials this way.

Cancelling is immediate. Then you can (and should) delete the API key you created previously. Easy as a pie.

Whave, I tried to cancel the request. I followed the steps mentioned on the skanner site. But then the amount of the withdrawal to be credit back to my acount was minus the fee ( 1%). Does it mean that Mtgox will charge me for the fee anyway? Is there a way to get back the fee?

Don't worry about that. I have cancelled a 1000EUR withdrawal, and the API said it would be 990EUR, but after the cancel 1000EUR was added to my balance.

Thanx Whave, that s what I thought as well.
Activity: 71
February 18, 2014, 06:02:38 AM

Also has anybody used the http://skanner.net/MtGox/cwithdrawal.php to cancel withdrawal? I wouldnt really trust the site to give away my credentials.

I had used them. You only need to create an API key with "deposit" and "getinfo" access rights, therefore there is no chance you're going to lose any funds etc. Just follow their step-by-step guide how to create the key. You are not giving them any credentials this way.

Cancelling is immediate. Then you can (and should) delete the API key you created previously. Easy as a pie.

Whave, I tried to cancel the request. I followed the steps mentioned on the skanner site. But then the amount of the withdrawal to be credit back to my acount was minus the fee ( 1%). Does it mean that Mtgox will charge me for the fee anyway? Is there a way to get back the fee?

that's odd. They didn't charge me any fee. Did you double check on your account history? You should have two entries for Withdraw/Deposit by the exact same amount

Activity: 42
February 18, 2014, 05:52:36 AM

Don't worry about that. I have cancelled a 1000EUR withdrawal, and the API said it would be 990EUR, but after the cancel 1000EUR was added to my balance.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2027
February 18, 2014, 05:47:41 AM

that's odd. They didn't charge me any fee. Did you double check on your account history? You should have two entries for Withdraw/Deposit by the exact same amount
Activity: 14
February 18, 2014, 05:37:50 AM
Just got another email from the support:

I wrote: "Can you explain why now it’s pending?"

Answer:
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for the email. Your withdrawal is in pending status which means it has been processed from our end and it will hit your bank in 2 - 3 business days. We request you to check with your bank and confirm us the same.

Best regards,

MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

---
I don't understand anything about this and about them. If it's processed then why it says "pending"??

Pending means they've sent it from their bank account, but you have not received it yet to your bank account. Not a very descriptive status, have to agree on that. Should be "sent" or something, but anyway, that's the way it works. Pending is good news for you.

Well that's weird that after I send them an email, suddently and magically the status get changed.......
February 18, 2014, 05:29:45 AM

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2027
February 18, 2014, 05:21:40 AM

Say that there is a withdrawal of 2000 EUR. Is it possible to cancel only the 1000 EUR? Is there such an option via the API?

no you can't do a partial cancellation
February 18, 2014, 05:18:43 AM

Answer:
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for the email. Your withdrawal is in pending status which means it has been processed from our end and it will hit your bank in 2 - 3 business days. We request you to check with your bank and confirm us the same.

Best regards,

MtGox Team

---
I don't understand anything about this and about them. If it's processed then why it says "pending"??

Pending means they've sent it from their bank account, but you have not received it yet to your bank account. Not a very descriptive status, have to agree on that. Should be "sent" or something, but anyway, that's the way it works. Pending is good news for you.
Activity: 14
February 18, 2014, 05:15:20 AM

Answer:
Dear Valued Customer,

Best regards,

MtGox Team

---
February 18, 2014, 05:09:53 AM

Activity: 91
February 18, 2014, 05:08:45 AM

thats 14 business days. 6 day increase from one on jan 6 that was 8 business days.

Hi Pedro, may I ask you what was the amount that you withdrew?

Because so far , people confirmed withdrawal of small amounts ~100-300 EUR.

150 Eur
February 18, 2014, 04:33:00 AM
Exactly.

The smell of a sockpuppet is strong here.

The smell of an asshole is even stronger. Sorry for not sharing all your conspiracy theories and lawsuits against "criminals".

That guy is saying the truth as it is. There are good opportunities for good arbritages and we're not trading in your useless dollahs and our trades are not regulated/denied by our hysterical governments.

SEPA works.
February 18, 2014, 04:23:46 AM

Hi Pedro, may I ask you what was the amount that you withdrew?

Because so far , people confirmed withdrawal of small amounts ~100-300 EUR.

I can't believe it: I've just canceled a SEPA withdrawal for 10k EUR, then the very first one I submitted (1k EUR, confirmed since Jan 2nd) magically turned to pending!
Should I assume that's just a coincidence?  Huh

Well at least the good news are that SEPA is working for bigger amounts as well.

How did you cancel the withdrawal? Did you submit a ticket to the support or is there an automated way to do it? In case you submitted a ticket how long did it take for the support to reply you and then credit back the money to your account?

on my side, I canceled a withdrawal 5 days ago through a ticket and it took 5 hours to get my money into the account.

Wow! So from the moment you sent the ticket, it took them just 5 hours to process it and credit back your money. That s fast.

well, there's a much faster way, although not officially supported by MtGox: http://skanner.net/MtGox/cwithdrawal.php
or you may directly use the undocumented api yourself: https://www.mtgox.com/api/2/money/bank/cancel_pending

Hi does anybody know whether it s possible to cancel only part of the withdrawal request?

Say that there is a withdrawal of 2000 EUR. Is it possible to cancel only the 1000 EUR? Is there such an option via the API?

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 18, 2014, 04:13:50 AM

Lets go Japan to get our money out!! Cheesy

or better wait until Mr. Sturle confirms the arrival of his SEPA payment ? Wink

Hello Sturle this one is for you !

Mr. Sturle surprisingly disappeared.

I am quite confident that he is still lurking here and may chime in if MTGOX has any shred of "good news" to announce.

Note the quotes. As anything that is a glimmer of hope is stretched to be "great news" by that guy.

good news, like the current BTC rate on Gox. much solvent! funds safe! trade confidence! wow!

Isn't that the DOGE ring to your last post? lol..."wow".
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 18, 2014, 04:08:15 AM

I am quite confident that he is still lurking here and may chime in if MTGOX has any shred of "good news" to announce.

Note the quotes. As anything that is a glimmer of hope is stretched to be "great news" by that guy.

good news, like the current BTC rate on Gox. much solvent! funds safe! trade confidence! wow!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 18, 2014, 04:06:25 AM

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
February 18, 2014, 03:33:18 AM

Jump to: