Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 128. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 17, 2014, 02:50:07 PM
Here is presumption:  Nerdwar continues via exchanges as submarines, who give no info, and lurk, using customers good will, as springboard.

Here is theory: BTC goes to 75 USD per coin on all exchanges, by July1.  Not saying its possible, due to war which will surely cause flight into all crypto, but say they try total war against cryptocoin this Summer, for purposes of this thread, and this forum's minds to whom I type.

Here is question: What would this to do BTC stocks like ASICminer and BTC production timelines in terms of mining gear?  Said another way, it a little 50 USD antminer going to be worth more or less USD, if the above theory happens?  How would a severe correction in BTC affect the tactical positions of manufacturing these next 12 months of blockchain difficulty and transaction flaws?  Will is finally resurrect my Havelock mining shares that pay me divs in BTC?  That is a fair question.

-----------------

I guess I am saying mining stocks are affected by costs, but there is definitely at least a few forward-looking portholes on this 'yellow subamrine' called bitcoin.  Knowmsaying?  I don't care so much about Mt Gox because they never offered mining shares, so to me, they aren't a real top tier player in terms of sensing the tides.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
February 17, 2014, 02:47:10 PM
fiat jpy withdrawal submitted on jan 27th just went through this afternoon.

thats 14 business days. 6 day increase from one on jan 6 that was 8 business days.

Fiat SEPA withdrawal submitted on jan 7th just went through this mornig.

unfortunately, my withdrawals from Japan post bank on 1/17 and 1/18 are still “confirmed”!
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
February 17, 2014, 02:36:57 PM
So I logged into Gox today and when I go to my funding options, I get this message:

Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact [email protected] for additional information on why your account has been restricted.

I was pretty surprised, I know they wanted to stop BTC, but I'm not allowed to withdraw fiat or deposit fiat? I've always been completely verified in good standing- so I don't really get what the problem is. It seems pretty dramatic that I'm forbidden for accessing my funding options all together.

Have you ever used Bitistant?

Yes I did use BitInstant back in the day when they were functioning, do you think that has anything to do with it?

Yes. Read this:

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/26563440-MtGox-Response-to-BitInstant-CEO-Arrest
American1973
February 17, 2014, 02:19:25 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-14/aig-takes-832-million-charge-on-death-bets-as-hedge-funds-gain.html

AIG Has $832 Million Cost on Death Bets as Hedge Funds Gain
Feb 14, 2014

American International Group Inc. (AIG) suffered another year of impairments in its portfolio of death-benefit bets as insured people lived longer than the company expected.

AIG recorded an $832 million impairment on its life-settlement holdings in the fourth quarter, bringing the total for 2013 to $971 million before taxes. In life settlements, AIG buys insurance policies from individuals and pays premiums until they die, when the company collects the payout.  The arrangement becomes less profitable for AIG the longer the person survives.

INFOTEHC BANK PROGRAMMER MUCH PROFITS MANY COIN HOPE YOU SURVIVE!

Anyway...
American1973
February 17, 2014, 02:11:07 PM
Can someone flesh this concept out for us in terms of theory?

"EXCHANGE CARRY TRADE"
American1973
February 17, 2014, 02:09:14 PM
http://wallstreetonparade.com/2014/02/as-bank-deaths-continue-to-shock-documents-reveal-jpmorgan-has-been-patenting-death-derivatives/

[...]

One advisor is quoted as follows in the article: “You can see from the position paper that this market has a lot of characteristics that regulators don’t like in terms of banks getting involved in it. It’s based on long-dated risks, upfront payments and a serious element of hubris in assuming that the banks can model these risks better than the people who originated them. It’s potentially a market big enough to cause serious problems if it caught on and went wrong.”

^^^ Quote above is about trans-national fractionalized-fiat-money death-murder-gambling profits, but is relevant in many ways.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
legendary
February 17, 2014, 01:52:57 PM
I would expect the daily/monthly BTC withdrawals to be something like 10BTC/day and 50 BTC/month. Anyone with a large account will be stuck there for a long long time.
legendary
February 17, 2014, 01:48:05 PM
What I don't understand is why they don't just manually allow withdrawals of full amounts of BTC.

Of course they won't let this happen because it would likely show very quickly that they do not have the funds.

Once again MTGOX has the burden to prove they have all the BTC they claim yet they fail to do so.

Those with funds stuck there should seriously rethink ever using them again and tell others not to use them when doing bitcoin trading.

legendary
February 17, 2014, 01:44:05 PM

1. Not opening withdrawals of BTC yet.

2. Haven't proven they have all of their customer funds.

3. "Supposedly" going to re-open withdrawal with new limits (BTC).

4. Not defined "limits" for BTC withdrawals (could be anything). <------- Prevents a bank run.

5. Claimed they will have more info by Thursday of this week (more delays as expected).

6. Still failing at running an exchange at world-class level.

Seriously they need to go away. Bitcoin doesn't need MTGOX and obviously MTGOX doesn't believe it needs to operate in the best interest of their customers. Anyone can deduce this simply by looking that their track record for the past 2 years.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
February 17, 2014, 01:29:05 PM
Actually they make 500 coins on fees per day. How can they be insolvent without being either criminal or hacked?
American1973
February 17, 2014, 01:13:34 PM

"While everyone believed that the poker sites were making billions, their overheads due to staffing and marketing was significant."

^^^ Like I said: IT department is a cost center, and that COST of tech, is how top tier doucherry goes on.  The dumbshits at the top, think "staffing" is all it takes.  

Edward Snowden is all temps everywhere.  So, "staffing" takes on a whole new meaning when your temp worker can bring your corporation to its knees.  Thank ye gods poker "staff" don't moonlight as evil shits during the night, I guess poker network has more internal understanding than the cryptocoin clan?

Temp staffing as stupid policy?  Yes.  But, jobs are outmoded now that coins made the workers rich and they don't want to do shitty tech work but want to day trade, LOLZ.  Day trader says:  "Hey man, I WORK for a living, what do YOU do?"   Hahahahah...
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
February 17, 2014, 01:00:23 PM

We dont even know what the new limits are. If they are going to set the limit to 1 BTC per week I will also join the angry mob with pitchforks and fire.
The current BTC limit was 100 BTC per 24 hours and as many people are in panic mode currently I can imagine that MtGox wants to limit that somehow.
Maybe the new limit will be 10 BTC a day, maybe 10 BTC a month. Let's wait till Thursday and see

I am not angry, have never had a pitchfork, nor am I part of a mob. I am a poker player.  I can't help using deductive reasoning., Wink

The fact they are taking the time to announce adjustments to the withdrawal limits means they NEED to limit the withdrawals enough to mention it now.  Why do they NEED to limit withdrawals enough mention it now? Only two reasons I see... To put a valve on the outflow of coins from gox.  And/or they already know they don't have the coins to pay back customers in full (they have fractional holdings).

Secondly, did you notice something about a BTC withdrawal queue?

Considering Mt Gox's performance with fiat withdrawals I also believe this is unfortunately notable.

Activity: 465
Merit: 254
February 17, 2014, 12:51:14 PM
There is absolutely no reason for anyone to have fiat or pending withdrawals with Gox right now. With the current spread between Gox and Stamp you can easily move your fiat out of Gox. If you have fiat or pending withdrawals there send me a PM and I will have your money out in a couple of hours.
Activity: 55
February 17, 2014, 12:51:10 PM
BTCBTCBTC Cheesy

thank you in advance MTGOX

of course we know u could have run away --

obviously u also see the large picture as we all do ---

thk u for not giving up n moving ahead ------     this is still very new -- n we allay be very lucky !  Wink WinkBTCBTCBTC
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Activity: 140
Merit: 37
February 17, 2014, 12:28:07 PM
Hey all,

Well, I also got a SEPA withdraw on my bank today. amount is 10k€

My full history is:
My SEPA withdraw history:
- okt 21, received nov 26
- nov 9, received dec 17
- nov 16, received jan 8
- nov 19, received jan 28
- nov 27, received today feb 17
- nov 28, not yet received ...

It still follows the "20 day between withdraw" rule like clockwork.
So my next should be received mar 9.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2027
February 17, 2014, 12:24:53 PM

thats 14 business days. 6 day increase from one on jan 6 that was 8 business days.

Hi Pedro, may I ask you what was the amount that you withdrew?

Because so far , people confirmed withdrawal of small amounts ~100-300 EUR.

I can't believe it: I've just canceled a SEPA withdrawal for 10k EUR, then the very first one I submitted (1k EUR, confirmed since Jan 2nd) magically turned to pending!
Should I assume that's just a coincidence?  Huh

Well at least the good news are that SEPA is working for bigger amounts as well.

How did you cancel the withdrawal? Did you submit a ticket to the support or is there an automated way to do it? In case you submitted a ticket how long did it take for the support to reply you and then credit back the money to your account?

on my side, I canceled a withdrawal 5 days ago through a ticket and it took 5 hours to get my money into the account.

Wow! So from the moment you sent the ticket, it took them just 5 hours to process it and credit back your money. That s fast.

well, there's a much faster way, although not officially supported by MtGox: http://skanner.net/MtGox/cwithdrawal.php
or you may directly use the undocumented api yourself: https://www.mtgox.com/api/2/money/bank/cancel_pending
Activity: 52
February 17, 2014, 12:17:07 PM

Hi Pedro, may I ask you what was the amount that you withdrew?

Because so far , people confirmed withdrawal of small amounts ~100-300 EUR.

I can't believe it: I've just canceled a SEPA withdrawal for 10k EUR, then the very first one I submitted (1k EUR, confirmed since Jan 2nd) magically turned to pending!
Should I assume that's just a coincidence?  Huh

Well at least the good news are that SEPA is working for bigger amounts as well.

How did you cancel the withdrawal? Did you submit a ticket to the support or is there an automated way to do it? In case you submitted a ticket how long did it take for the support to reply you and then credit back the money to your account?

on my side, I canceled a withdrawal 5 days ago through a ticket and it took 5 hours to get my money into the account.

Wow! So from the moment you sent the ticket, it took them just 5 hours to process it and credit back your money. That s fast.
Jump to: