Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 137. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
February 15, 2014, 05:01:53 PM
Guessed what? Gox's unfairness? No, the surprising thing is how they keep denying evidence and treat their customers like idiots, with all the bs in any answer by their worthless support.
And this has been widely known for months, ~since June 2013.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
February 15, 2014, 04:56:18 PM
since I previously said that I would post once my Jan 2nd SEPA withdrawal was processed, here's my update:

my withdrawal still wasn't processed this week, so I cancelled it, bought coins and cashed out through bitstamp. unfortunately not at the time where gox price was at 50% of the bitstamp price, but still with a good 30% markup.

if course, I still have to be able to get my btc out of gox but I still have faith in that happening, and the price differential was just too good to pass up on (and would have even much better had I waited another half day, but that's moot Wink)
Activity: 62
February 15, 2014, 04:41:12 PM
We have general problem with bitcoin price,
Bitstamp is resolve problems with withdraw, but the price continues to fall !

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/Bitcoin-withdrawals-are-once-again-fully-automated/

Why ?

My guess?   Arbitrage is now possible between it and BTC-E.  BTC-E has been somewhat lower than Bitstamp over the past few days.
Activity: 111
February 15, 2014, 04:47:01 PM
since I previously said that I would post once my Jan 2nd SEPA withdrawal was processed, here's my update:

my withdrawal still wasn't processed this week, so I cancelled it, bought coins and cashed out through bitstamp. unfortunately not at the time where gox price was at 50% of the bitstamp price, but still with a good 30% markup.

if course, I still have to be able to get my btc out of gox but I still have faith in that happening, and the price differential was just too good to pass up on (and would have even much better had I waited another half day, but that's moot Wink)
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2027
February 15, 2014, 04:07:33 PM
wtf, they must be using some crappy "small stones first" algorithm, that's utterly unfair!
How surprising!
Who could have guessed!

Guessed what? Gox's unfairness? No, the surprising thing is how they keep denying evidence and treat their customers like idiots, with all the bs in any answer by their worthless support.
Activity: 700
February 15, 2014, 03:50:03 PM
whats to stop gox at buying bitcoins at its low rates and selling off on other exchanges ? just wodering

Against law. And when asked, Mark has said he knows it and that they are not doing it.

lolz against the law. It was ok to charge people a 25 percent markup from all the other exchanges rates?
not against the law to lock up withdrawls and hold peoples money ransom ?

I wouldn't believe anything that came out of that liars fat mouth

The same reason they weren't buying BTC from other exchanges and selling on their site when the price was higher.
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
February 15, 2014, 03:21:08 PM
wtf, they must be using some crappy "small stones first" algorithm, that's utterly unfair!
How surprising!
Who could have guessed!
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 15, 2014, 03:16:25 PM
whats to stop gox at buying bitcoins at its low rates and selling off on other exchanges ? just wodering

Against law. And when asked, Mark has said he knows it and that they are not doing it.

lolz against the law. It was ok to charge people a 25 percent markup from all the other exchanges rates?
not against the law to lock up withdrawls and hold peoples money ransom ?

I wouldn't believe anything that came out of that liars fat mouth
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
February 15, 2014, 03:13:25 PM

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
February 15, 2014, 03:10:23 PM
The BTC withdrawal on MTGox has switched to this message:

Identification required to access private API

Does this mean that the withdrawals work, but only for internal testing by developers?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2027
February 15, 2014, 03:07:29 PM
o
I made a withdrawal of 100 € on 11.02 to test current SEPA transfers from Mtgox and as I just noticed, the money was transfered to my bank yesterday. So no problem at least with smaller amounts of €.

100 €??? you can try again within 20 days, if it can through, it is a good news!

by the way, it is 11 feb or 02 nov?
11 Feb.

I have two withdrawals for 1,000 Eur each and the last one for 10,000: how long am I supposed to wait if they use such bs system??
And it's been more than 6 weeks since the very first one (Jan 2nd), it's a shame it's still "confirmed" while they process requests submitted one month later!  Angry
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 15, 2014, 03:03:03 PM
 whats to stop gox at buying bitcoins at its low rates and selling off on other exchanges ? just wondering
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
February 15, 2014, 10:34:42 AM
I made a withdrawal of 100 € on 11.02 to test current SEPA transfers from Mtgox and as I just noticed, the money was transfered to my bank yesterday. So no problem at least with smaller amounts of €.

100 €??? you can try again within 20 days, if it can through, it is a good news!

11 Feb.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
February 15, 2014, 09:38:06 AM

There's never a real reason but i guess fear of Gox not fixing their issues and a lot of btc stolen from the new silk road has something to do with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if whoever got their hands on the new silk road's bitcoins are trying to offload at least some of them.  Their haul has lost about 50% of its value in the last few days.
Activity: 62
February 15, 2014, 09:20:03 AM

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/Bitcoin-withdrawals-are-once-again-fully-automated/

Why ?

There's never a real reason but i guess fear of Gox not fixing their issues and a lot of btc stolen from the new silk road has something to do with it.
Maybe also some people trying to arbitrage selling BTC on exchanges that work and buying them on Gox, though that sounds risky and i'm not sure how well fiat deposits to Gox work atm.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 15, 2014, 09:06:24 AM

Why ?
Activity: 490
February 15, 2014, 09:05:36 AM

Smaller amounts usually go faster, while larger amounts usually takes longer from what I've learned.
Activity: 8
February 15, 2014, 09:02:07 AM

Activity: 2
February 15, 2014, 08:53:18 AM
Activity: 8
February 15, 2014, 08:08:03 AM

It looks like the withdrawal of BTCs will be resolved soon (still speculative though).

For me personally, the second issue is pretty much irrelevant, bc I will get my BTCs out of there as soon as I can and never work with Gox again. And I will never be able to take Gox to court for the loss I incurred with this (my time and paying lawyers will be more expensive than the money I could get ever back).
As I can't fix that problem, it stops being a problem for me. Even if personally I am very pissed with them and I am sure many people are incredibly angry with them due to the large amount of financial losses.

I can sleep better tonight.

we need a website, all of us get together and send MT to the court!!!!
Jump to: