Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 140. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 465
Merit: 254
February 14, 2014, 12:39:58 PM
Unfortunately the only thing that is a worse experience than dealing with Gox is trying to open a bank account as a foreigner in Japan.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 14, 2014, 12:37:57 PM
This is a customer service, presented by a CEO of a company that some few exotic bitcoiners defend and promote. It's not fake, it's real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ob9Ak1t09Ao

If gox isn't insolvent I don't understand why the 2 guys who had around 100 coins locked up didn't open a bankaccount in japan and have the money transfered. Just ridiculous that they went all that way if gox was reputable would have paid them their bitcoins thru alternative means.
Activity: 465
Merit: 254
February 14, 2014, 12:36:17 PM
When the bankruptcy is executed, the BTC IOU's are assigned fiat value according to the day of bankruptcy. So the cheaper they can push them, using all the methods available, the less they owe. Legally, Gox can pay all that is owed, but the 2 years the court process takes, makes all the difference on who holds the goodies in the end.

You make some good points, but there is no way a court will use the Gox price when they set the market value of the BTC. For this plan to work they will need to somehow crash the price at the other exchanges as well. If your theory is correct we will see someone dump huge amounts all over the place and then have Gox declare bankruptcy.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
February 14, 2014, 12:12:41 PM
This is a customer service, presented by a CEO of a company that some few exotic bitcoiners defend and promote. It's not fake, it's real:

Considering that this thread used to be important info source (given total and utter lack of honest communication from Gox side), I plead the forum administration to impose a minimum 3 months account in order to post here. This trollflood restricts quality posters because they don't want their valuable posts to be flushed down with the turds.

It is interesting the goxBTC is trading at only 50-60% of bsBTC. Have you thought about the following scenario:

It makes sense for Gox insiders to sell, because they know whether Gox will go belly up or not. If it is scheduled to go belly up, they have stolen all the actual BTC there long in advance. What they are selling is Gox IOU's for BTC that they exchange for Gox IOU's of dollars.

When the bankruptcy is executed, the BTC IOU's are assigned fiat value according to the day of bankruptcy. So the cheaper they can push them, using all the methods available, the less they owe. Legally, Gox can pay all that is owed, but the 2 years the court process takes, makes all the difference on who holds the goodies in the end.

If for example, BTC1,000,000 was owed (amount can be even larger - my personal high point was about BTC7,000 in Gox last year, and I am some sort of knowledgeable about Bitcoin services compared to many large holders that I know), and the price is $200, the principals can appease their conscience by paying $200 million. It is not inconceivable that BTC = $100,000 by then, which means that they have completed a heist worth BTC998,000 with incalculable fiat value, because such stashes are not for sale.

It is unlikely that Mark could be the mastermind..

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 14, 2014, 12:01:19 PM
There seems to be good news everywhere that Gox will resume BTC TX soonish. Any scenario where this could not happen? Unless Gox is developing a huge scam, TX should resume soon, right?

All winds blow to they will be back on track very soon   Wink

Source for the good news?

They changed my 7 jan SEPA withdraw status to pending , i see this as a sign like: let us clean the house before opening the btc gates, and whoever ask for fiat should now deposit new fresh money if wants to buy our cheap btc !

good news everyone!!!!!

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
February 14, 2014, 11:59:20 AM

So WHERE IS OUR MONEY ?

Isn't that obvious ? Look at that fancy clothes man ! do you think it's cheap to dress up like that  Grin
February 14, 2014, 11:51:59 AM

Karpeles exótic fashion  Shocked or maybe the ultimate prove that all invited for BTC  Grin
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 14, 2014, 10:23:02 AM
There seems to be good news everywhere that Gox will resume BTC TX soonish. Any scenario where this could not happen? Unless Gox is developing a huge scam, TX should resume soon, right?

All winds blow to they will be back on track very soon   Wink

They changed my 7 jan SEPA withdraw status to pending , i see this as a sign like let us clean the house before opening the btc gates, and whoever ask for fiat should now deposit new fresh money if wants to buy our cheap btc !

Naaaah SEPA should not be related to BTC withdrawals, they're simply getting done with the 5-6 weeks long backlog. Good to know they are around Jan 7, so 20 more days and my SEPA should be in the queue as well... thanks for the info Smiley
February 14, 2014, 10:21:19 AM

All winds blow to they will be back on track very soon   Wink

They changed my 7 jan SEPA withdraw status to pending , i see this as a sign like: let us clean the house before opening the btc gates, and whoever ask for fiat should now deposit new fresh money if wants to buy our cheap btc !
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
February 14, 2014, 09:47:24 AM

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 14, 2014, 09:41:29 AM
I agree, i think mark has a head in the ass. Hes not aware of how his ( in)action has impact on bitcoin community.
To add think that gox will resume btc withdraw shortly. First sign of this will be mainitence announce as they must suspend trading to implement fix.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 14, 2014, 09:12:27 AM

...read again... they are talking about BTC-E not Bitstamp in that forum

Oh, ok, sure insider trading then. Let us know how you get along with your lawsuit.

Lawsuit? ... No need - insider trading is handled by "Agencija za trg vrednostnih papirjev" which is the Slovenian version of the Securities Commission. All I'd need to do is write a letter to them with some publically available data showing them what happenned...I'm sure they'd be able to handle the rest themselves, computer logs are easy for them to get and analyse.

But I'm not going to do it, I didn't loose enough money this time to bother with this (although other people might).
And I'm sorry if I sounded abrupt/rude in my posts, I was just pissed off at them, not at you.

Name:    hamma
Activity:    5
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    February 11, 2014, 09:56:31 AM
Last Active:    Today at 11:32:16 AM

Looks like a newbie just spreading FUD.

I'm sorry to state this, but for example since I have registered, I've seen most of the brainless hysterical FUD-spreading from members with 100+ posts... People register and join sometimes, everyone has to start somewhere, that doesn't necessarily mean they're spreading FUD.

Check out the users post history all 6 posts are FUD.

I too am getting sick of all the FUD from newly registered posters. Theymos ought to put the newbie restrictions back in place. I don't understand why the restrictions were removed in the first place...

I just put them all on ignore along with all the gox shills like strudle. Enjoyed the video of that fat effeminate looking karpeles being confronted he is definitely going to run into the wrong person shortly.  LOL at Marks empty threat that he was going to call the police as empty as the tx gox was sending to people that withdrew. Guy in that video looked like  he was ready to do some damage . Im quite honestly shocked that mark dosen't have  a bodyguard or 2 at this point.
February 14, 2014, 08:58:05 AM

February 14, 2014, 08:40:14 AM

Activity: 71
February 14, 2014, 08:35:36 AM
Activity: 22
February 14, 2014, 08:25:25 AM

Oh, ok, sure insider trading then. Let us know how you get along with your lawsuit.

Lawsuit? ... No need - insider trading is handled by "Agencija za trg vrednostnih papirjev" which is the Slovenian version of the Securities Commission. All I'd need to do is write a letter to them with some publically available data showing them what happenned...I'm sure they'd be able to handle the rest themselves, computer logs are easy for them to get and analyse.

But I'm not going to do it, I didn't loose enough money this time to bother with this (although other people might).
And I'm sorry if I sounded abrupt/rude in my posts, I was just pissed off at them, not at you.

I'm sorry to state this, but for example since I have registered, I've seen most of the brainless hysterical FUD-spreading from members with 100+ posts... People register and join sometimes, everyone has to start somewhere, that doesn't necessarily mean they're spreading FUD.

I too am getting sick of all the FUD from newly registered posters. Theymos ought to put the newbie restrictions back in place. I don't understand why the restrictions were removed in the first place...
February 14, 2014, 08:14:54 AM
I guess they will pumping again very soon  Wink
Activity: 110
February 14, 2014, 08:01:22 AM

February 14, 2014, 07:48:38 AM

Activity: 110
February 14, 2014, 07:45:18 AM

Jump to: