Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 139. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 14, 2014, 10:30:19 PM
There seems to be good news everywhere that Gox will resume BTC TX soonish. Any scenario where this could not happen? Unless Gox is developing a huge scam, TX should resume soon, right?
All winds blow to they will be back on track very soon   Wink
Source for the good news?
They changed my 7 jan SEPA withdraw status to pending , i see this as a sign like: let us clean the house before opening the btc gates, and whoever ask for fiat should now deposit new fresh money if wants to buy our cheap btc !
I think you talk BS... my SEPA from 3 Jan. is still on 'confirmed'.

I also requested a small withdraw (160+€) on 27th Jan. and its status changed from 'confirmed' to 'pending', it's not bullshit. Still it's small amounts and only information, I guess queue is processing but it's definitly only some information, not a "MtGox is solvent and cool" statement. Plus this thread name is "MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]" so don't be mad if people are posting their story about their withdrawals...

Edit : btw, remember BTC withdrawals and Fiat ones are not related

wow! finally some improvements! i got one SEPA withdrawal since 29th, still confirmed, but the amount is larger.
i'll keep you posted
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
February 14, 2014, 05:46:50 PM
There seems to be good news everywhere that Gox will resume BTC TX soonish. Any scenario where this could not happen? Unless Gox is developing a huge scam, TX should resume soon, right?
They changed my 7 jan SEPA withdraw status to pending , i see this as a sign like: let us clean the house before opening the btc gates, and whoever ask for fiat should now deposit new fresh money if wants to buy our cheap btc !

I also requested a small withdraw (160+€) on 27th Jan. and its status changed from 'confirmed' to 'pending', it's not bullshit. Still it's small amounts and only information, I guess queue is processing but it's definitly only some information, not a "MtGox is solvent and cool" statement. Plus this thread name is "MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]" so don't be mad if people are posting their story about their withdrawals...

Edit : btw, remember BTC withdrawals and Fiat ones are not related
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1059
February 14, 2014, 04:16:06 PM
To my surprise, my SEPA withdrawal from 28 Jan not only has changed status to pending, but also arrived to my bank account today Shocked. However it is just 100 EUR.

There are now sure a lot of people in line now. Almost all have sold and must get out the FIAT. Coins are indeed locked. By the way: Something new from Gox?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
February 14, 2014, 04:15:58 PM
because literally EVERYTHING related to bitcoin is a scam.

I cashed out of bitcoin and I am literally done, I will not buy back in at any price.

Physical metals are the best alternative currency, not cryptogarbage.

You guys should be honored that Jason stops by. He is sort of famous around here, probably a bit bitter as well.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-sold-everything-at-158159-this-morning-169651  Grin
Activity: 154
February 14, 2014, 04:12:23 PM
My SEPA withdrawals from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th still have status "Confirmed". I had no withdrawals in the 20 days before that.
I think you're making up some positive story to get people to "deposit new fresh money" at MtGox.
To my surprise, my SEPA withdrawal from 28 Jan not only has changed status to pending, but also arrived to my bank account today Shocked. However it is just 100 EUR.
Activity: 183
February 14, 2014, 02:41:30 PM
When the bankruptcy is executed, the BTC IOU's are assigned fiat value according to the day of bankruptcy. So the cheaper they can push them, using all the methods available, the less they owe. Legally, Gox can pay all that is owed, but the 2 years the court process takes, makes all the difference on who holds the goodies in the end.

You make some good points, but there is no way a court will use the Gox price when they set the market value of the BTC. For this plan to work they will need to somehow crash the price at the other exchanges as well. If your theory is correct we will see someone dump huge amounts all over the place and then have Gox declare bankruptcy.

When I lift my eyes, this is all I see around me...

Former military. Intelligence, electonic warfare or something. Wink Seems paranoid to me. Wink
Activity: 91
February 14, 2014, 02:35:02 PM

If you read my posts here you will see easily that i don't work for gox... can also tell you that i don't trust them, that's why i always trade low amounts at these exchangers.

I have a small 150 Eur transfer that's probably why it went first. Although i think that transfer is handled, money did not hit my account yet !

I suppose that they will also process early jan.2014  transfers very soon , by then i hope to see here an apologise from you.

Take care .
Activity: 91
February 14, 2014, 02:31:24 PM

My SEPA withdrawals from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th still have status "Confirmed". I had no withdrawals in the 20 days before that.
I think you're making up some positive story to get people to "deposit new fresh money" at MtGox.

If you read my posts here you will see easily that i don't work for gox... can also tell you that i don't trust them, that's why i always trade low amounts at these exchangers.

I have a small 150 Eur transfer, that's probably why it went first. Although i think that transfer is handled, money did not hit my account yet !

I suppose that they will also process early jan.2014  transfers very soon , by then i hope to see here an apologise from you.

Take care .

legendary
Activity: 889
February 14, 2014, 02:17:40 PM
Looks like strudle is proven to be a dupe yet again as got all excited when bitstamp halted trading .
Activity: 62
February 14, 2014, 01:44:09 PM
For what it's worth, i just tested a 1 BTC withdrawal from Bitstamp. It hit my wallet 2 minutes later. They seem to be back online.

worth ignoring you thanks for your thoughtfull well thought out post

Thanks for that. I'll just let you read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=459836.120
legendary
February 14, 2014, 01:38:35 PM
For what it's worth, i just tested a 1 BTC withdrawal from Bitstamp. It hit my wallet 2 minutes later. They seem to be back online.

worth ignoring you thanks for your thoughtfull well thought out post
Activity: 62
February 14, 2014, 01:24:06 PM
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 14, 2014, 01:05:26 PM

legendary
February 14, 2014, 01:02:03 PM
If gox isn't insolvent I don't understand why the 2 guys who had around 100 coins locked up didn't open a bankaccount in japan and have the money transfered.

It's not possible to open a bank account in Japan without residency.

aside from all that I am sure could have found an alternative way to pay those 2 guys off if indeed solvent
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 14, 2014, 01:01:58 PM
If gox isn't insolvent I don't understand why the 2 guys who had around 100 coins locked up didn't open a bankaccount in japan and have the money transfered.

Bank in europe allow to open nonresident account, not sure for bank in japan.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 14, 2014, 12:58:20 PM

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
February 14, 2014, 12:55:28 PM
When the bankruptcy is executed, the BTC IOU's are assigned fiat value according to the day of bankruptcy. So the cheaper they can push them, using all the methods available, the less they owe. Legally, Gox can pay all that is owed, but the 2 years the court process takes, makes all the difference on who holds the goodies in the end.

You make some good points, but there is no way a court will use the Gox price when they set the market value of the BTC. For this plan to work they will need to somehow crash the price at the other exchanges as well. If your theory is correct we will see someone dump huge amounts all over the place and then have Gox declare bankruptcy.

When I lift my eyes, this is all I see around me...

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
February 14, 2014, 12:47:19 PM

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
February 14, 2014, 12:42:48 PM
Unfortunately the only thing that is a worse experience than dealing with Gox is trying to open a bank account as a foreigner in Japan.
+1
Jump to: