Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 141. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 14, 2014, 07:43:54 AM

...read again... they are talking about BTC-E not Bitstamp in that forum

Oh, ok, sure insider trading then. Let us know how you get along with your lawsuit.

Lawsuit? ... No need - insider trading is handled by "Agencija za trg vrednostnih papirjev" which is the Slovenian version of the Securities Commission. All I'd need to do is write a letter to them with some publically available data showing them what happenned...I'm sure they'd be able to handle the rest themselves, computer logs are easy for them to get and analyse.

But I'm not going to do it, I didn't loose enough money this time to bother with this (although other people might).
And I'm sorry if I sounded abrupt/rude in my posts, I was just pissed off at them, not at you.

That agency are not regulary authority for bitcoin trade. Bitcoin is in grey zone, exchange is more like forex then real stock trading.

The truth is, there is no guarantee , and you do not have anyone to complain to
Activity: 476
February 14, 2014, 07:39:03 AM

Oh, ok, sure insider trading then. Let us know how you get along with your lawsuit.

Lawsuit? ... No need - insider trading is handled by "Agencija za trg vrednostnih papirjev" which is the Slovenian version of the Securities Commission. All I'd need to do is write a letter to them with some publically available data showing them what happenned...I'm sure they'd be able to handle the rest themselves, computer logs are easy for them to get and analyse.

But I'm not going to do it, I didn't loose enough money this time to bother with this (although other people might).
And I'm sorry if I sounded abrupt/rude in my posts, I was just pissed off at them, not at you.

That agency are not regulary authority for bitcoin trade. Bitcoin is in grey zone, exchange is more like forex then real stock trading.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
February 14, 2014, 07:32:16 AM

Activity: 406
February 14, 2014, 06:49:43 AM
Let us know how you get along with your lawsuit.
+1 Grin

Its just bitcoin,  There are no guarantees, you can lose everything for 1 minut.
Its normal.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 14, 2014, 06:45:22 AM
Let us know how you get along with your lawsuit.
+1 Grin
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 14, 2014, 06:27:45 AM

February 14, 2014, 06:16:29 AM
...looks like they did know just before the announcement... the owners of those large Bitstamp bids are guilty  of inside trading!!!

Maybe they had their withdrawals pending and watched their receiving addresses. As soon as one tx came finally through they put in the orders.

Nope...read the anouncement - they've got a fix and it will be tested and implemented soon.
Definitely insider trading at by some individuals at Bitstamp - it went on well before they posted the anouncement.

I've read that. I also read the forum: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5137079

legendary
February 14, 2014, 06:09:49 AM
...looks like they did know just before the announcement... the owners of those large Bitstamp bids are guilty  of inside trading!!!

Maybe they had their withdrawals pending and watched their receiving addresses. As soon as one tx came finally through they put in the orders.

Nope...read the anouncement - they've got a fix and it will be tested and implemented soon.
Definitely insider trading at by some individuals at Bitstamp - it went on well before they posted the anouncement.

I've read that. I also read the forum: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5137079
February 14, 2014, 06:06:20 AM
...looks like they did know just before the announcement... the owners of those large Bitstamp bids are guilty  of inside trading!!!

Definitely insider trading by some individuals at Bitstamp - it went on well before they posted the anouncement.
legendary
February 14, 2014, 05:59:26 AM
...looks like they did know just before the announcement... the owners of those large Bitstamp bids are guilty  of inside trading!!!

Activity: 30
February 14, 2014, 05:58:09 AM
RIP, Gox.... Sturle, you owe me 1 BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
February 14, 2014, 05:56:00 AM
I would not recommend MtGox Smiley

So maybe just stop using it ;P
February 14, 2014, 05:48:40 AM

Does anyone know why in the last hour or so while Gox price is getting slaughtered, massive bids pop up on  Bitstamp and keep pushing the price up at the same time.

Is someone illegally trading at Bitstamp or GOx based on some inside knowledge?

Maybe because BTC withdrawals are back at bitstamp, but still not possible on Gox?

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
February 14, 2014, 05:42:48 AM
Mtgox pretty much imploded i'm in for more Btc watching the prices plummet Smiley
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
February 14, 2014, 05:41:54 AM
Promising news on github:
MagicalTux commented 4 hours ago
Just to update this thread, it seems that this discussion is mostly stale now. We (at MtGox) will implement this new hash index in our transactions database and start working with it (we will announce a maintenance as we will have to stop bitcoin deposits too during the database schema update) and will start providing this new hash when customers are withdrawing bitcoins, litecoins, or any other coin based on Bitcoin we may support in the future.

We will also provide an API that will allow our customers to use this hash to retrieve the transaction hash as seen in the blockchain once the transaction is confirmed, and will hope others (blockchain.info?) will index this value one day.

We also invite other exchanges and businesses which may need to keep track of bitcoins they send to use this same method, since dealing with multiple variations of the same thing wouldn't be very productive.

If nobody does it, we will also post some test vectors for regular (in=>out) transactions in the near future.

Indeed Mark seems to be pretty active nowadays on GitHub/IRC, this is probably the "quick fix" MtGox was talking about in 10th Feb. announcement.
It's a (probable) step forward and I guess they'll have to enable the btc withdrawal one day anyway, the sooner the better for their longrun even if Mtgox is currently buying all cheap coins to sell it premium while everyone will need them to run away from mtgox.

If Gox goes down, there is no way they will pay fiat holders v.s paying btc holders, if there are really insolvency holes  there, the btc hole will be the one that is easy to fill up, so forget about selling your btc and hope you could somehow withdraw fiat as your "exit strategy"; you will be trapped there forever and once btc withdrawal resume, you will be paying huge premium to buy btc at Gox to exit, hence being Goxed twice.  

Totaly agree, I can't understand why everyone is selling btc half the price they paid them some weeks ago.
legendary
February 14, 2014, 05:40:56 AM

Does anyone know why in the last hour or so while Gox price is getting slaughtered, massive bids pop up on  Bitstamp and keep pushing the price up at the same time.

Is someone illegally trading at Bitstamp or GOx based on some inside knowledge?

Maybe because BTC withdrawals are back at bitstamp, but still not possible on Gox?
February 14, 2014, 05:39:15 AM
Does anyone know why in the last hour or so while Gox price is getting slaughtered, massive bids pop up on  Bitstamp and keep pushing the price up at the same time.

Is someone illegally trading at Bitstamp or GOx based on some inside information?

Edit: ...Or is there some new type of anti-arbitrage going on...?

Activity: 56
February 14, 2014, 05:25:29 AM
I don't understand why heck people still believe they have a better hand holding fiat in the event Gox is insolvent (legally? give me a break), it always is a cheaper solution for Gox to bail their ass out of this shit by paying BTC holder v.s fiat holder given the cheap coins they could purchase to return back to holders.

If Gox goes down, there is no way they will pay fiat holders v.s paying btc holders, if there are really insolvency holes  there, the btc hole will be the one that is easy to fill up, so forget about selling your btc and hope you could somehow withdraw fiat as your "exit strategy"; you will be trapped there forever and once btc withdrawal resume, you will be paying huge premium to buy btc at Gox to exit, hence being Goxed twice.  
Activity: 42
February 14, 2014, 05:15:20 AM
Darknet marketplace silk road was hacked yesterday and 8000+ BTC were stolen (estimate) from the escrow wallets - some are saying regular wallet BTC is gone too, conflicting infos on the boards. Admins are blaming it on the malleable transaction IDs, while experts are saying that could not result in stolen coins.

Whenever these drug marketplaces rise/fall, it usually affects the BTC price. Just a thing to keep in mind.
Activity: 364
American1973
February 14, 2014, 04:55:07 AM
[Suspicious link removed]j.com/japanrealtime/2014/02/14/bitcoin-protester-confronts-mt-gox-executive/

http://tinyurl.com/ka5p6ll

wow what an ass.
Jump to: