Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 159. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 10, 2014, 09:13:48 AM
In other words their release is basically saying mt gox is a thief and has stolen all our bitcoins if i read that correctly and i believe i did.  I had 1100 on jan 27 in usd for which i got 1.1 bitcoins at 25 perent markup now bitc now bitcoin on onmt gox is 550 but all mute anyway since they are obviously broke, thieves and liars.
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
February 10, 2014, 09:07:33 AM
2) One of the retarded devs fucked up bitcoin with a transaction handling change some time in the last ... year or 2?
I would be VERY surprised if Satoshi made that mistake in the original design.
He did.  And bitcoin-qt is affected as well.  E.g. here and more about this problem here.

Anyway, TL;DR version of the press release is:
We have discussed this solution with the Bitcoin core developers and will allow Bitcoin withdrawals again once [a workaround involving a different hash for transaction tracking purposes] has been approved and standardized.

No bug has to be fixed, nothing has to be implemented by anyone else yet, they just want a standard general solution to be approved before implementing this solution and resuming withdrawals.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
February 10, 2014, 09:06:04 AM
They were the first to market, but has been nothing but incompetent and dishonest since day 1.
Why "since day 1"?

I don't recall anything especially bad before the USD wires problems.

Sure, their customer service wasn't stellar even before, but this is a common problem shared with most big firms...

Guess you forgot about "gox lag"...i think they are the only exchange that has a specific API just to show the amount of lag they are currently experiencing.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
February 10, 2014, 09:02:41 AM
They were the first to market, but has been nothing but incompetent and dishonest since day 1.
Why "since day 1"?

I don't recall anything especially bad before the USD wires problems.

Sure, their customer service wasn't stellar even before, but this is a common problem shared with most big firms...
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
February 10, 2014, 08:58:22 AM
Ah you (sturle) were so smart as to have prioritized address to the trading system so that you can pull your orders in the middle of my market buy execution?
I don't have any faster or higher priority access than you do.  In fact my access is probably slower beacuse I rely on a somewhat outdated API over HTTP.

Orders are executed strictly in the order they come in (as opposed to e.g. Bitstamp where it is possible to sneak in orders in the middle of a market buy via an undocumented websocket API).  If there is a lag of 2 minutes when you enter your order, it means the engine will take care of every order which came in during those two minutes before it will execute your order.  2 minutes is well above my threshold, and my bot likely sent cancel orders for it's orders at least a minute before you issued your market buy order, and my bot's cancel orders where therefore executed before your market buy order as well.  I don't know if it was my bot, of course.  Could have been anyone.  If the lag is 2 minutes, you are looking at a 2 minute old order book.

How smart you are, congratulations. Listen now, asshole: I also operate a silverbank, and know what is an honest way to design such systems, and not by a frigging long-shot would there be such an exploit that you mentioned!!! You are so deep in your crime that you deny even realizing it, making you such a sad clown in everyone's eyes who have a shred of sense of justice left.
Thank you for your warning.  What do you think is a fair order of execution when there is a lag?  Randomized?  Put orders on a stack and execute the newest order first?

Why did you not follow my advice?
Because in my case your advice did not work!
What didn't work?  I had two alternatives, and you were in no hurry.  Which is an advantage if you want to get your money out cheaply.  Many people are reporting successful SEPA withdrawals here.  Why didn't your attempts work?

How about you post a receipt for the BTC you sold to me! The buyer is Eesti Investeerimishobe OU regd in Estonia. I need seller's name, ssn and tax declaration that the btc was private property void of gst/vat, or in case of corporate seller, the relevant info. Failure to send the documents may lead to investigation. (We keep all our customer data proprietary, unlike the whore, MtGox).
I don't need to provide any of that information, and I certainly won't to anyone calling me a liar, a bastard, a clown, an asshole or a criminal.  There is no [Norwegian] law forcing me to give any of this information to you for a private sale, and this was not mentioned as a condition for our trade.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 10, 2014, 08:50:48 AM
LOL, the price on BTC-e 102 usd 

Check,
View Screen Captu
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
February 10, 2014, 08:26:54 AM
How about you post a receipt for the BTC you sold to me! The buyer is Eesti Investeerimishobe OU regd in Estonia. I need seller's name, ssn and tax declaration that the btc was private property void of gst/vat, or in case of corporate seller, the relevant info. Failure to send the documents may lead to investigation. (We keep all our customer data proprietary, unlike the whore, MtGox).

Thank you so much for this information. We will keep the rest of this branch private.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 950
fly or die
February 10, 2014, 08:05:42 AM
According to Gox's statement the issue seems to be wider than I assumed - I.E it has potential of affecting other exchanges.. it might have already did - perhaps the hacker/s exploited other exchanges using this "bug" and MTGox is "just the first exchange to notice and take actions"... Hopefully that is not the case.

In any case, it seems to be fixable and it seems to me that users will get access to their Bitcoins on MTGox in a a week or maybe more. But who knows

Or they could be embellishing the truth, and be the last to update their wallet to solve this bug that has been known for a while, as they admit.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
February 10, 2014, 08:04:50 AM
now it is time to buy litecoin !
 Grin

If the BTC foundation is not able to fix the maleability issue found by MtGox today within 1y, well it is a big opportunity for the LTC as it appears that the LTC dev team fixed plenty of bugs for bitcoin last year.

How about you name a few?
legendary
Blackjack.fun
February 10, 2014, 08:03:42 AM
Lulz - so which is it?

1) Bullshit

2) One of the retarded devs fucked up bitcoin with a transaction handling change some time in the last ... year or 2?
Sounds way more likely to be a dev fucking it up ... as per usual.
Bitcoin has been a hackjob for a while now, that people seem to value at over 10Billion dollars ...

I vote for number one. Since Gox is the source of this "problem" I think the problem lies with their heads.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
February 10, 2014, 08:00:54 AM
According to Gox's statement the issue seems to be wider than I assumed - I.E it has potential of affecting other exchanges.. it might have already did - perhaps the hacker/s exploited other exchanges using this "bug" and MTGox is "just the first exchange to notice and take actions"... Hopefully that is not the case.

In any case, it seems to be fixable and it seems to me that users will get access to their Bitcoins on MTGox in a a week or maybe more. But who knows

The "hackers" could not have exploited other exchangers since the problem lies with the custom piece of s...ofwtare mtgox was using.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 10, 2014, 07:45:41 AM
Lulz - so which is it?

1) Bullshit

Sounds way more likely to be a dev fucking it up ... as per usual.
Bitcoin has been a hackjob for a while now, that people seem to value at over 10Billion dollars ...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
February 10, 2014, 07:36:40 AM
currently none of my trade orders are even going through. i posted four, they all go to pending, SHOW UP ON BITCOINWISDOM, and ARENT being processed.
Activity: 91
February 10, 2014, 07:27:51 AM
 Grin

If the BTC foundation is not able to fix the maleability issue found by MtGox today within 1y, well it is a big opportunity for the LTC as it appears that the LTC dev team fixed plenty of bugs for bitcoin last year.

No it is not, the  major problem with btc is not technical. The problem with btc is it’s concept : decentralised and anonymous philosophy, that some people loved but will always dislike governments. For a simple matter of popularity btc will be the last crypto currency with those characteristics to fail .  
Activity: 91
February 10, 2014, 07:16:33 AM

Those amateurish couldn't even put a date in their statement !  oH my gox  Shocked
Activity: 117
February 10, 2014, 07:15:08 AM
 Grin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 10, 2014, 07:07:30 AM
I think all people in this thread, maybe with very few exceptions, that have been using mtgox lately is to try to benefit from arbitrage. You guys knew the risk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS, a hundred times!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 10, 2014, 07:00:24 AM
...seems like it's the same old in this topic. Sturle being reasonable and trying to look at the facts, everyone else is throwing a tantrum and spreading rumours, fud, "sueyousueyou". Ignorance is bliss I guess Smiley

Hardly throwing tantrums.

MTGOX is run by incompetent people. Just look at their track record of horrible service as an exchange over the past 3 years.

I agree it's not the best service, but then again, I'm not crying "SCAM" and "they be running with yer moniez" 24/7, like a lot of other people who have the same amount of information available like I do.

I made a few thousand Euros over the past 3 years through them without any problems (nothing like the hundreds of thousands like some people here claim, I simply would not trust such a young market with a bigger portion of my savings. Be aware of the risks). Yes, I had to wait for my funds lots of times. Yes, my funds always arrived sooner or later. Yes, I was still better off trading with them, compared to other exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
February 10, 2014, 06:58:23 AM
 Grin
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 10, 2014, 06:52:55 AM
"Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox said customers can take out cash “as normal” and it’s working to resolve technical issues that prompted it to halt withdrawals of the digital currency."

"Can take out cash "as normal".

"...halt withdrawals...".

Wot?

These 2 statements directly contradict each other , don't they?

still waiting for a SEPA transfer from 7 jan.  , so cash out is worst than normal !
we are waiting our usd since 4 months now
Jump to: