Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 175. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 06, 2014, 11:23:03 PM
It's been happening for at least a couple of months ......................

I thought the widespread BTC withdraw delay was a problem started just recently. The delay of fiat withdraws could be an entirely different issue.
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
February 06, 2014, 11:18:54 PM
WTH.  I was 0 for 8 yesterday and 0 for 5 today.  I would have better luck playing the lottery... or maybe trying to brute force some public addresses with my old Thinkpad!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
February 06, 2014, 11:15:46 PM
Again, to complain to the US SEC, call (202) 942-8088. If you're in the US and Mt. Gox owes you money, do this now.

This guy's great. Been posting here for more than two years, targeting Gox for at least half that long. 

During that time, does he deposit $200 at Gox so he can take these steps himself?

Nooooooooooo.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 06, 2014, 11:11:50 PM
It's been happening for at least a couple of months ......................
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 06, 2014, 11:10:20 PM
A quick preliminary analysis of the failed transactions' block info suggests there perhaps is a legitimate technical issue here. Those failures seem to be "timing" related. Bad wallet/transaction timing issue could occur if they're experimenting with some kind of new concurrent process for trading and/or  withdraws, or trying to cycle/reuse wallet addresses. I'm speculating that some withdraws from certain addresses took place before the addresses are  actually being credited (from another concurrent transaction process). If this is indeed what is happening, a simple but inefficient solution for Gox is just to keep re-attempt the failed transactions, perhaps shuffle the order of the TXs a little bit before each try. Eventually it should workout on its own.
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
February 06, 2014, 10:45:57 PM
I found mine in there too! So how do we get out of the bad transx log and into the good one? Any thoughts?

You wait only 5-7 days if lucky and retry and hope you don't get suck for another 5-7 days...

Describe the first thing that comes to mind when I say this word:  MTGOX

If you answered "INEPT" you win a prize...

---------------

Hey I was a programmer once upon a time, I do not envy these guys at all.  This is a huge bug it seems that has just gotten much worse recently.  But still makes me wonder why they didn't take this seriously back in Oct/Nov when it happened back then...
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
February 06, 2014, 10:23:20 PM
hello,

After many failed attempts I had a successfull 0.01 BTC withdraw and right after I tried 5 BTC withdrawal and it both went through successfully. After that I tried a larger amount and it got stuck.

This is clearly a technichal issue,

Now I need my account to be "refunded" on the Gox balance and try again later, as it seems they are working on this issue.

Wanted to let you guys know my experience.
legendary
February 06, 2014, 09:56:48 PM
... and now total in the php list just dropped to 5138 (a 989 drop) ...
legendary
February 06, 2014, 09:06:28 PM
OK last half hour, the bad transaction count went up by ... 41 ... woo looking good Tongue /sarcasm

Edit: so where do those numbers above come from?

The php (+41) went from 6086 to 6127
Activity: 504
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
February 06, 2014, 08:51:00 PM
I found mine in there too! So how do we get out of the bad transx log and into the good one? Any thoughts?

Supposedly, mtgox is slowly chewing through the log by retrial and processes them, eventually. The delay is a few days, like 5? not sure... Other than that -- get in touch with support...

Most of the failed transactions will never go through because one of the input addresses has zero balance as it was spent earlier.
Only the few failing transactions, which have newly mined coinbase inputs, will confirm slowly and even then it will be 17 to 24 hours later.

Gox has to re-credit trading accounts directly for any btc withdrawal failing longer than a day, or PREFERABLY manually send to the customer's withdrawal address from a wallet with sufficient funds.

I'll try breaking mine up to multiple withdrawals, will see if that helps. You're correct, the "true" zero-balance issue, as opposed to 120 confirmation delay, cannot be solved by anyone but Gox.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 06, 2014, 08:48:08 PM

Supposedly, mtgox is slowly chewing through the log by retrial and processes them, eventually. The delay is a few days, like 5? not sure... Other than that -- get in touch with support...

they took 8 days to time out my 1.1 bitcoin and put it back in mt gox wallet when i tried to redeposit got stuck again. WHy would they have put back in mt gox wallet instead of sending other then obvious reason if that is what you say they are doing?

I don't know, I'm just speculating. Is that everyone's experience, the stuck coins go back to the gox wallet?

I don't know  they timed out my transaction and put back in gox wallet after 8 freaking days I did i re withdraw and they re stuck transaction and sending same copy paste emails .
February 06, 2014, 08:44:31 PM

they took 8 days to time out my 1.1 bitcoin and put it back in mt gox wallet when i tried to redeposit got stuck again. WHy would they have put back in mt gox wallet instead of sending other then obvious reason if that is what you say they are doing?

I don't know, I'm just speculating. Is that everyone's experience, the stuck coins go back to the gox wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
February 06, 2014, 08:39:31 PM

Most of the failed transactions will never go through because one of the input addresses has zero balance as it was spent earlier.
Only the few failing transactions, which have newly mined coinbase inputs, will confirm slowly and even then it will be 17 to 24 hours later.

Gox has to re-credit trading accounts directly for any btc withdrawal failing longer than a day, or PREFERABLY manually send to the customer's withdrawal address from a wallet with sufficient funds.
legendary
February 06, 2014, 08:39:23 PM

legendary
February 06, 2014, 08:35:43 PM
The log at the moment is over 23MB

If you are on linux and know your transaction number (lets say it's abcdefabcdefacbdef....)

wget -O - https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/bitcoin_tx.php | egrep '"out"|^}|abcdefabcdefacbdef' | grep -vn "out"

The last number is the total count + 3 (i.e. subtract 3 from it)
The number before your (1st) transaction number is where you are in the list

The list changed from 6010 to 6086 in the time since I posted above saying it was 6010 and my transaction has moved ... 60 places towards the end ... no idea what that means Sad
February 06, 2014, 08:14:03 PM

Activity: 579
CoinQuacker
February 06, 2014, 08:10:40 PM
February 06, 2014, 08:10:28 PM
All it takes is one moron, as long as he's the CEO. Mommy was right when she told Mark he ought to become a dentist... Oh wai....
legendary
February 06, 2014, 08:09:06 PM
this is awesome!
may I ask you the amount? roughly?
About 10BTC.

how are people like him getting 10 bitcoins? lying?
Jump to: