Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 179. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
February 06, 2014, 02:29:42 AM
Looks like skanner.net is broken because they changed their API-exposed data feed without warning Cheesy
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
February 06, 2014, 02:25:16 AM
Hey all,

I'm looking for some help tracking down two transactions from MtGox (BTC withdrawals). I have two tx hashes for transactions, one of which was successful, the other which was unsuccessfully. I tried using http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php but it's not finding any of my failed transaction hashes. What's the best way to confirm whether a transaction was successful? These two transactions are for the same amount of BTC and to the same address, so it's hard to tell which actually failed and which succeeded. Any advice?

I currently have 3 withdrawals from MtGox that are stuck in limbo. They total over 3 BTC; one has been in limbo since 01/30/2014, the other two since 02/04/2014. I know I'm not the only one that's facing this issue but just wanted to mention.

I remember to read somewhere (sorry don't have the reference) that: if you try to withdraw the same amount of BTC for the same address within a "short (whatever that means)" period of time, they will consider this as a double entry (aka mistake) and they would only complete one transfer.
Maybe researching from this angle would help you find an answer for your problem.

also, I tried to withdraw 2 BTC yesterday and I am still waiting for them... I also withdrawn EUR500 a week ago and I am still waiting for it.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
February 06, 2014, 02:16:26 AM
If the purpose of bitcoin is to be able to transfer it then all wire withdraws aside this is too unsettling.

I am not sure about the Gox banking relationships but I think holding real dollars might be the best bet for any recovery if Gox is insolvent.

Either way, if I can't spend my BTC or get my dollars back this will seriously impact the bitcoin movement and momentum which is sad.  And I am a seller in the near term.
Activity: 579
Merit: 500
CoinQuacker
February 06, 2014, 02:15:23 AM
Hey all,

I'm looking for some help tracking down two transactions from MtGox (BTC withdrawals). I have two tx hashes for transactions, one of which was successful, the other which was unsuccessfully. I tried using http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php but it's not finding any of my failed transaction hashes. What's the best way to confirm whether a transaction was successful? These two transactions are for the same amount of BTC and to the same address, so it's hard to tell which actually failed and which succeeded. Any advice?

I currently have 3 withdrawals from MtGox that are stuck in limbo. They total over 3 BTC; one has been in limbo since 01/30/2014, the other two since 02/04/2014. I know I'm not the only one that's facing this issue but just wanted to mention.

I typed an address into that site you linked to and it didn't return anything, what's that all about...
Activity: 280
February 06, 2014, 02:07:47 AM
Hey all,

Activity: 579
CoinQuacker
February 06, 2014, 01:48:32 AM
I tried a 10 BTC withdrawal getting nervous about gox, on 1./28 and it hit the blockchain instantaneously so I was pleased and then wad reading more scary news and posts tonight so I went for the remaining amount (about the same) and it's not on the blockchain or in my transfer wallet.

I'm pretty scared what I am reading that it's over. My version of a 10,000 coin pizza perhaps.... I hope not, but this kind of horrible shit does happen.

Cry Angry Sad
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 06, 2014, 01:32:23 AM
Personally, if I had BTC stuck in MTGOX I would rather sell and have USD in my account when I send my attorney after them for the crap they are likely pulling behind the scenes.

At least USD is more recognized in that situation of getting restitution than BTC. This does not mean Bitcoin is not worth anything in general. It is just with this particular situation of Gox basically stringing their customers/users along on this obviously shady scam exchange they are running.

Activity: 1191
Merit: 506
This is who we are.
February 06, 2014, 01:12:31 AM
http://www.coinometrics.com/bitcoin/dispersion

From 23% to 5% in a week. Are BTC withdrawals working?

nope, you cant do anything now, and old btc withdrawals still has not arrived.
I would be surprised if Gox is around same time next week Sad

The one observation I have about the dispersion is everytime there is a real price movement in btc, Gox values would align with the rest of the exchanges.  This is a slow motion crash that had yet to cause a real ripple in the major exchanges but I doubt it can remain that way.
Activity: 42
February 06, 2014, 01:05:25 AM

nope, you cant do anything now, and old btc withdrawals still has not arrived.
I would be surprised if Gox is around same time next week Sad
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 06, 2014, 12:50:48 AM

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
banned but not broken
February 06, 2014, 12:22:15 AM
It doesn't even make sense for Mtgox to scam. All they had to do is arbitrage their own buy orders and they'll have plenty of fiat. But that's not happening here or Bitstamp and BTC-E would go up in price.

It doesn't makes sense to scam, if one visions bitcoin to prosper for the coming decades!
If one only sees bitcoin as an temporary phenomenon, then one may think differently..
Activity: 700
February 06, 2014, 12:04:04 AM
It doesn't even make sense for Mtgox to scam. All they had to do is arbitrage their own buy orders and they'll have plenty of fiat. But that's not happening here or Bitstamp and BTC-E would go up in price.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
banned but not broken
February 06, 2014, 12:01:27 AM
The funniest thing with bitcoin is, that if you are an con artist, then you should only follow those steps for U-U-ULTIMATE success.

1) Create an Bitcoin exchange.
2) Build trust.
3) Transfer their $ to off-shore accounts and their virtual coins to your wallet.
4) Travel to an country where there is no extradition.

or.. you can.

2) Build trust.
3) Transfer their virtual coins to your wallet.
4) Blame the disappearance of virtual coins on hacker theft or on loss of computer data.

or.. you can.

2) Build trust.
3) Start skimming your customers by transferring their $ to off-shore accounts and their virtual coins to your wallet.
4) Talk about technical difficulties and blame the banking sector while explaining the nature of increasing withdrawal problems.
5) See how long does it takes for someone to come up with an idea to call the authorities on you.
6) Escape to a country where there is no extradition or blame the situation on imperceptible incompetence.

There are so many ways to succeed in the bitcoin world as an con man. Most of their victims are against any regulation of the market system, so this is the con man heaven.
"Free market will take care of everything!"
Yeah right. Free market would take care of something when it could distinguish it's head from it's ass. The Free Market of Bitcoin was pumping more and more money into MtGox, for months and months, even after constant reports of people not getting their $ nor Bitcoins.

Activity: 11
February 05, 2014, 11:56:14 PM
im in japan, angry and if somebody tempts me with a scrap of bitcoin (i would even do it for 1 ppc) i will head to mtgox head office, pull that scamming cunt mark cockhead karpeles out into the streets of tokyo, strip him naked and beat his thieving fat arse into whale blubber and watch the japanese scoff him down in a feeding frenzy with a drop of soy sauce. sick to death of logging into mtbollox and seeing my japanese bank account withdrawal transactions con-fucking-firmed.
Activity: 476
February 05, 2014, 11:50:06 PM
alfabitcoin, I believe their business has already collapsed. If people get their coins back, they will never trust MtGox again anyway. So here it is. They're done either way.
I agree as that is what i trying to do eg to withdraw and forget about mtgox. I am in sepa zone so maybe i should sell those btc to eur and try to withdraw on bank. I do not mind to wait as long i get it. So i still do not know what to do next. Sell btc and sepa wd or try to witdraw btc what will be most likely stuck. Damn.

Edit
Tried to withdraw 1.5 btc but its not show in the blockchain  Cry
Activity: 47
February 05, 2014, 11:37:52 PM
alfabitcoin, I believe their business has already collapsed. If people get their coins back, they will never trust MtGox again anyway. So here it is. They're done either way.
Activity: 1191
Merit: 506
This is who we are.
February 05, 2014, 11:26:24 PM
The part of this that gets me completely fired up angry is that we are allowing this kind of representation in the bitcoin community.  How much of this is to blame on legacy banking or can be perceived as a flaw in the new bitcoin economy remains shrouded by these guys running a exchange that should have been brokered off in a way that protected the stake of more than just a business model to make commissions from.  We need to run this problem down and kill it once and for all.  It's better now that MtGox is not almost all of the fiat exchange so do we need it?  NO  
Activity: 476
February 05, 2014, 11:25:17 PM
Ok, i just bought btc for all fiat i had what is around 4,5 k. I buy for 825$ what believe to be good. Now tried test btc withdraw 0.1 btc what is not broadcast. What to do, should i try to withdraw more btc or to wait?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 05, 2014, 11:06:42 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Tux has turned scam or what?

In transaction fees, they must make 100's of thousands of $ a day.

I did an AU $1k withdrawal 9 weeks ago (and another $1k the next day)
1 week ago I sent a support requests about it.
1 day ago (after 6 days) they replied that they still hadn't even sent my first $1k

Fuck it must be terrible for them to have to sit on all the interest for months from our funds that should have been sent to us.

Of course there's that article about them suggested it's $38mil that people are waiting on them.
http://falkvinge.net/2014/02/04/major-bitcoin-exchange-not-executing-withdrawals-now-owes-clients-38m-in-disappeared-money/
Of course the stupid thing about that article, is they don't seem to realise this has been ongoing for quite a lot longer than a week ...

So ... I think screw Gox, I'll withdraw everything out of them with BTC.
I placed a few orders, convert everything to BTC ... do a BTC withdrawal of everything, they charge a 0.001 network fee, get a transaction number ...
2hrs later ... no sign of the transaction.

So I asked around and found someone who had to wait 72hrs for the BTC transaction to appear.

Seriously, when you make 100's of 1000's of $ from your customers daily you don't just tell em "sucked in" when they want to withdraw funds - you sort it out so that it damn well works.

Clearly MtGox (and Tux) are a bunch of BTC noobs when they can't even do BTC transactions ... or a scam.

Edit: Oh yeah - forgot to mention my other added luck in this Smiley the BTC price dropped after I completed the BTC buy orders about 4 or 5 hours ago ... lulz (yes that was sarcasm)
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
February 05, 2014, 10:26:24 PM
MtGox should adapt a market for dollars and one for euros that in fact can be sent. So if their quota for the day is 10000 EUR, they could auction away 10 SEPAs, each 1000 EUR, in an exchange-like way. Hey, they could auction away the following days SEPAs also. Just like a futures market. That would be fun!
Jump to: