Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 227. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
November 18, 2013, 09:35:49 PM
Anyone experiencing delays withdrawing BTC from mtgox (i.e. sending BTC to another wallet)... ?

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
November 18, 2013, 09:27:45 PM
im thinking of transferring btc to gox from stamp to take advantage of the price jump. then selling and withdraw but nervous about the time delay it would take for eu bank transfer. its about 2k, anyone do the same recently? any hints on how to speed it up like making 4 withdraws of 500 or would it not help?
November 18, 2013, 03:47:01 PM
Yeah thanks they were pretty quick to cancel it.
Activity: 273
November 18, 2013, 03:33:25 PM
How long does it take Mt. Gox to cancel a withdrawal request?  Really want to get my money out but they aren't responding very quickly.

It took around 2 working days to cancel my withdraw request. That was in October 2013.
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
November 18, 2013, 06:15:32 AM
I have $4101 in my account but I can't request a withdrawal for any amount (the page says I have exceeded my limits or don't have enough funds). I have never requested a withdrawal before and my account is verified, am I missing something?
yes... u r missing the fact that mtgox doesn't process any withdrawals.
One thing is not processing or taking forever to do so, and a different one is not alowing me to even request a withdrawal
Did you change your password recently?  There is a 24 hour withdrawal hiatus after password reset for security reasons.  It is in a FAQ somewhere..

Nope, it has been at least a month. I have sent a support ticket but no reply yet.
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
November 18, 2013, 06:11:34 AM
I have $4101 in my account but I can't request a withdrawal for any amount (the page says I have exceeded my limits or don't have enough funds). I have never requested a withdrawal before and my account is verified, am I missing something?
One thing is not processing or taking forever to do so, and a different one is not alowing me to even request a withdrawal
Did you change your password recently?  There is a 24 hour withdrawal hiatus after password reset for security reasons.  It is in a FAQ somewhere..
legendary
November 18, 2013, 06:10:12 AM
If you submit a withdraw from MtGox and let's say the price is at $500 and they don't "process" your withdraw until 2-4 weeks later, at what price are you being locked into? Are you being locked into the price on the day you initiated the withdraw, or on the day that the actual withdraw takes places.
This is a no-brainer.  You are locked to the price which you chose to sell your BTC for.  There is no "withdraw BTC as fiat" option.  MtGox will not reduce your amount if fiat if the price is lower than it was when you chose to sell.
legendary
November 18, 2013, 05:28:18 AM

Activity: 354
November 18, 2013, 04:27:30 AM
Pretty sure no USD or swift withdrawals of any kind for the past few months. Small quantities of EUR arrive in European bank accounts via SEPA with massive delay (6 weeks give or take). Those with JPY accounts in Japan have had a bit better luck. Fortunately the decentralized method of moving money seems to work just fine still.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
November 18, 2013, 01:12:18 AM
First, is USD being processed at this time or is the only option to request current BTC on hand and then use an alt-exchange to process to USD.

If they are processing USD, I have a question.

If you submit a withdraw from MtGox and let's say the price is at $500 and they don't "process" your withdraw until 2-4 weeks later, at what price are you being locked into? Are you being locked into the price on the day you initiated the withdraw, or on the day that the actual withdraw takes places. Obviously you would want to have the higher price, assuming it was going up. If the money is still in MtGox while it is "in-process", then they are making money when the price goes up, but taking the difference in the price.

Can someone elaborate on this for me?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
November 18, 2013, 12:35:55 AM
The 5% fee hit to withdraw is a joke.
Put in a withdraw, and it is 4 days shy of one month, still no money.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
November 18, 2013, 12:33:48 AM
legendary
November 17, 2013, 02:50:30 PM
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
November 17, 2013, 11:03:02 AM
My 750€ sepa withdrawl request from 2013/10/04 finally changed to pending...
faster than I expected lol.
November 17, 2013, 09:16:28 AM
How long does it take Mt. Gox to cancel a withdrawal request?  Really want to get my money out but they aren't responding very quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1059
November 16, 2013, 05:43:32 AM
Only verified.  When I got verified I got an e-mail explaining how to increase the limit to the maximum limit for verified users, which is 10000 EUR a day, etc.

I think about it. Withdrawals then maybe go faster. But I do not know. There is that limit for SEPA transfers. I think three million euros currently.
legendary
November 16, 2013, 05:05:24 AM
You would have had all in less than two months if you made one 10k withdrawal instead of 10 times 1k.
Excuse my curiosity. Do you really have no trusted Gox account, only a verified one?
I have a verified account and a payout limit of 1,000 euros a day. I have not tried to withdraw more money yet.
Only verified.  When I got verified I got an e-mail explaining how to increase the limit to the maximum limit for verified users, which is 10000 EUR a day, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1059
November 16, 2013, 04:56:07 AM
Got it all now. Some of it over six months late.
You would have had all in less than two months if you made one 10k withdrawal instead of 10 times 1k.

Excuse my curiosity. Do you really have no trusted Gox account, only a verified one?

I have a verified account and a payout limit of 1,000 euros a day. I have not tried to withdraw more money yet.
legendary
November 16, 2013, 04:53:43 AM
An interresting article in Forbes about the difficulties Bitcoin companies in the USSA have getting bank accounts.  US banks won't deal with Bitcoin companies, and all USD transfers must go via US banks.

If you live in the USSA and you don't believe in Bitcoin, i.e. you plan to exchange your bitcoins to USD at some time in the future instad of using the coins as bitcoins, you should get out now while it is still possible.  USD users should consider Bitcoin a very high risk investment.
legendary
November 16, 2013, 03:01:30 AM
Got it all now. Some of it over six months late.
Jump to: