Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 264. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 255
Merit: 250
October 02, 2013, 03:05:26 PM
Terribly stupid time to lose your patience.  Your money are right around the corner, and you will lose at least 13% of the value by this method (including fees).  But please don't let me stop you or give you second thoughts about this.  Your loss will become my profit. Grin

As it seems I have done the right thing: Withdraw my Bitcoins from MtGox, take the 15% hit - and sell at Bitstamp. The money is already in my bank account.

All happened before Bitcoin tanked Grin

What about your profit loss?

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
October 02, 2013, 02:41:29 PM
Seems like they can process 10 wires a day right now.  How many checks could Mark sign and mail in a day?  Wouldn't scale to 600k customers, but would certainly help to get things caught up.
See previous discussions about checks in this thread.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
October 02, 2013, 02:24:53 PM

yes, money arrived in my bank today 8/31 -> 10/2... I liked it better when it was within a week!

Neat. We have a data point. Now we can start to estimate when withdrawals initiated on some day might be processed; just look at the EUR volume and extrapolate from the lengthening of the delay. I think it's a reasonable assumption that the trade volume correlates with the withdrawal volume.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
October 02, 2013, 02:15:49 PM
My SEPA withdrawal from August 31st still hasn't arrived, still in status "confirmed" as it has been the last five weeks. Hope this really gets processed soon...

edit: actually just changed to "pending" this evening, fingers crossed!
Did you receive the money today?

yes, money arrived in my bank today 8/31 -> 10/2... I liked it better when it was within a week!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
October 02, 2013, 01:49:42 PM
That crappy English in the vid! I had this guy writing my support ticket I'm sure he works there for real.

yea there are some mistakes : DDD

btw: gox gone bankrupt ? bitcoin price dropped by 35 % at bitstamp
Activity: 504
October 02, 2013, 01:38:46 PM
That crappy English in the vid! I had this guy writing my support ticket I'm sure he works there for real.
Activity: 238
October 02, 2013, 12:58:28 PM
Right. If Mt. Gox 1) had the money, and 2) wanted to pay it out, they could find a way. It really isn't hard to send money if you have it.
In a legal way which scales to 600000 customers?  How?

Seems like they can process 10 wires a day right now.  How many checks could Mark sign and mail in a day?  Wouldn't scale to 600k customers, but would certainly help to get things caught up.

Got some interesting video for you all

Possible solution for Gox withdrawals Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvT8fCUmU3Q&feature=youtu.be

Activity: 431
Merit: 251
October 02, 2013, 12:37:09 PM
Right. If Mt. Gox 1) had the money, and 2) wanted to pay it out, they could find a way. It really isn't hard to send money if you have it.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
October 02, 2013, 10:03:18 AM

Bitcoin  Wink
legendary
October 02, 2013, 09:49:26 AM
legendary
October 02, 2013, 09:46:10 AM
My SEPA withdrawal from August 31st still hasn't arrived, still in status "confirmed" as it has been the last five weeks. Hope this really gets processed soon...

Did you receive the money today?
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
October 02, 2013, 09:38:28 AM
still waiting for my MtGox withdrawal !!! Lips sealed
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
October 02, 2013, 03:55:53 AM
very true....

Actually, the highest BTC price on the market is explained solely by unability to withdraw money from mtgox. It means  your dollars "inside" mtgox cost less... or nothing. Actually, less untill you can convert them to btc and withdraw. That was exactly my choice.
legendary
Activity: 1204
October 02, 2013, 02:25:44 AM
Me thinks that Mt. Gox could solve the crisis of getting money to large swaths of their userbase...

Where there is a will there is a way.  We used to be able to get millions of dollars out to cash buyers literally floating on small craft in the middle of the Bering Sea, and that was 1970's and 1980's dollars. 
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
October 02, 2013, 12:32:43 AM
We are not talking chicken feed here so it would be worth teh hassle to setup a shell in a wire friendly location ..ireland,cayman islds, swiss ...the countrys are endless and do 1 tx to this account and then distribute en masse

Absolutely! As clearly the Japanese banking system still uses the abacus and carrier pigeons then why doesn't mtgox do exactly this ^^^ (unless they don't have the money  Huh)
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
October 01, 2013, 07:55:04 PM
I think its funny (bad) that i check in every 3-4 weeks and its the same bullshit with GOX

as with tvbcof where there is a will there is a way

We are not talking chicken feed here so it would be worth teh hassle to setup a shell in a wire friendly location ..ireland,cayman islds, swiss ...the countrys are endless and do 1 tx to this account and then distribute en masse

It seems all too easy this situation keeps dragging on unless there is some benifit to somebody

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
October 01, 2013, 02:43:28 PM

Me thinks that Mt. Gox could solve the crisis of getting money to large swaths of their userbase rather easily by having an agent do cash deposits as does Bitcoin-Brokers.  Seems to work fine and takes about a day for everyone to be happy as Bitcoin-Brokers implements things.

Where there is a will there is a way.  We used to be able to get millions of dollars out to cash buyers literally floating on small craft in the middle of the Bering Sea, and that was 1970's and 1980's dollars.  Ironically, most of this money originated from accounts in Japanese banks.  Or at least it was Japanese firms who supplied the money.  Those folks like fish!

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
October 01, 2013, 02:21:03 PM

Activity: 267
Activity: 196
October 01, 2013, 08:59:56 AM
Quote from: sturle
Noticed that OKPay deposits are back?

I noticed week(s?) ago and asked Mt.Gox support how this could be, as
the OKPay site's statement still is "do not trade with bitcoin exchanges".

Mt.Gox answer: "No OKPay atm, we will inform you on change..."

What an awkward feeling...

This being said, I love Mt.Gox, and when OKPay works both ways, this is
a real game changer imho.
Jump to: