Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 265. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
October 01, 2013, 08:17:30 AM
I feel a disturbance in the force.  Based on hearsay, perceived optimism and speculation based on some recent developments.
There have been no USD wire transfers since when? June? And you ask people to base their hopes on "hearsay, optimism and speculation"?  Roll Eyes
Friday is the last I heard of.  There may have been no new USD wire transfers since Friday, but I doubt I get to hear about them all.  A lot of first hand reports of USD wire transfers since June in this thread as well, btw.
legendary
October 01, 2013, 08:15:18 AM
I requested a SEPA withdrawal end of August - and it's still did not arrive.

Today, when I wanted to log on to MtGox to check again, the website was down (HTTP error 500 and 502 (Bad Gateway)).
There was a heavy DDoS earlier today.  Not MtGox's fault.  End of August should be out now.  You should ask support if there are any problems with your withdrawal.
You are joking, right? I asked them a few times. Always robot replies.
Of course not.  Is it still in confirmed state?  Since August when?

As soon as I can I'm gonna buy Bitcoins and sell them on Bitstamp.
Terribly stupid time to lose your patience.  Your money are right around the corner, and you will lose at least 13% of the value by this method (including fees).  But please don't let me stop you or give you second thoughts about this.  Your loss will become my profit. Grin
Sturle, you are a pathetic sock puppet. MtGox is fucked, and you know that!
MtGox has some problems, I have no problems admitting that, and have spent quite some time here on this forum documenting their problems.  But it is still the largest bitcoin exchange by far.  MtGox has 2/3 of all registered trading volume in EUR.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
October 01, 2013, 08:11:43 AM
I feel a disturbance in the force.  Based on hearsay, perceived optimism and speculation based on some recent developments.

There have been no USD wire transfers since when? June? And you ask people to base their hopes on "hearsay, optimism and speculation"?  Roll Eyes
legendary
October 01, 2013, 08:08:14 AM
sturle, thank you for your efforts to provide factual and level-headed information.  Regarding this:
Regarding other fiat withdrawal option, I expect most of their problems will be resolved within a month, and the fastest fiat withdrawal option (except domestic JPY and manual express international wire) to take less than a week before Christmas.  I'm willing to bet 1 BTC on this.
I haven't seen any evidence that the international wire transfer situation is improving.  What do you base your optimism on?  Do you have information that isn't publicly known?

For the international wire situation to improve, other popular withdrawal methods have to be added.  I don't think any bank would take on a company like MtGox with 600k high risk customers using international wires on a regular basis as a customer.  The wire load must be reduced, and the only way I can see them do that is by adding new methods.

Noticed that OKPay deposits are back?  Have a look at the wording here: OKPay is offering a solution, but in the meantime ...  I.e. the shutdown is temporary until MtGox can implement the solution offered by OKPay.  Looks like this has been done, at least partly, because the meantime is over for deposits.  Hopefully for withdrawals as well soon.  And there is a new bank for JPY domestic transfers, which means development for banking as well.

I just hope the government shutdown in the USSA (is the Congress some kind of hospital for the mentally deceased?) doesn't stop the MtGox/CoinLab case from making progress.  For now this may be in the way of getting any other partners in the USSA.
October 01, 2013, 07:54:48 AM

Today, when I wanted to log on to MtGox to check again, the website was down (HTTP error 500 and 502 (Bad Gateway)).
There was a heavy DDoS earlier today.  Not MtGox's fault.  End of August should be out now.  You should ask support if there are any problems with your withdrawal.

You are joking, right? I asked them a few times. Always robot replies.

Terribly stupid time to lose your patience.  Your money are right around the corner, and you will lose at least 13% of the value by this method (including fees).  But please don't let me stop you or give you second thoughts about this.  Your loss will become my profit. Grin

Sturle, you are a pathetic sock puppet. MtGox is fucked, and you know that!
legendary
October 01, 2013, 07:23:54 AM

There was a heavy DDoS earlier today.  Not MtGox's fault.  End of August should be out now.  You should ask support if there are any problems with your withdrawal.  Last time I checked (Friday, I think) there were only a few left from August 31st.

October 01, 2013, 04:48:33 AM
I'm done with MtGox!  Sad Sad Sad

MtGox is starting to s(t)ink ...
legendary
October 01, 2013, 03:28:10 AM
how long must i wait for MtGox withdrawal ?
Depends on method and size.  See my previous posts for all details.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
October 01, 2013, 02:56:46 AM

how long must i wait for MtGox withdrawal ?
legendary
October 01, 2013, 01:29:21 AM
The suggestion that Mt. Gox cannot figure out facsimile machines and that is somehow to blame for trouble getting funds to customers smacks of bullshit to be blunt about it.
I don't think anyone here suggested anything like that until you did.  However many people insist that international wires are fully automated in modern banks.  When even domestic transfers are based on signatures on paper, I find it hard to believe that international wires are fully automated in the same banks.  (And I don't know of any bank where international wires are fully automated.)
legendary
Activity: 1204
October 01, 2013, 01:20:05 AM
Here's one case for you. I may be getting a 5% withdrawal on Monday. I will report back soon.
Monday is over. Did it show up?
Activity: 470
October 01, 2013, 12:35:57 AM
Wires are high risk for banks, they will often set limits for online wires to help alleviate the risk. Banks are always being targeted for fraud, typically with identity theft and withdrawing through wires.

If you have it set up with your bank there are usually up to 3 ways to send wires.

1. In person - The authorized individual on an account is positively identified and signs the bank's form.
2. Fax - Banks normally have to have an agreement set up before accepting wires via fax. Often the wire request must be on the bank's form. It is also very common to call and verify the wire before it is sent out.
3. Online - Typically some kind of two-factor authorization is required and there will be a limit on number of wires and/or funds sent. If unusual activity occurs, the bank may hold back the wires and verify them with the account holder. Must be set up beforehand.

Any other method is probably not allowed by the bank.

Presumably, due to the nature of their account (money service business), MtGox has tight limits in place with their current bank(s) and others probably do not want to deal with them. Due to the current regulatory environment, most banks are looking to decrease risk from their depository accounts. Money service businesses are very high risk and thus banks are not very willing to work with them.

I don't know if this is good news or bad news, but it is certainly a big WTF regarding Japanese banks..:
Code:
11:05 < sturles> I noticed on the forum that Japanese domestic transfers come 
                 from a new bank.  I keep watching for reports of international
                 wires from a new bank as well.  That would be a very good sign.
11:08 <@MagicalTux> sturles, the new bank we use for Japanese transfers is a
                    domestic only bank
11:16 < sturles> Oh. :-(
11:18 <@MagicalTux> they're the first bank we've seen in JApan that can do
                    domestic transfers without the need for faxes
Fax!  In 2013!  For a simple domestic transfer!  Can you even buy fax machines any more?  Must be years since I saw one of those.  No wonder even Japanese transfers were slow during high volume periods.  People still think SWIFT transfers from the same banks are fully automated?

Faxed wires are more common then you may think, as are all in one printer/scan/copy/fax machines.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
October 01, 2013, 12:24:01 AM
I don't know if this is good news or bad news, but it is certainly a big WTF regarding Japanese banks..:
Code:
                    domestic only bank
Fax!  In 2013!  For a simple domestic transfer!  Can you even buy fax machines any more?  Must be years since I saw one of those.  No wonder even Japanese transfers were slow during high volume periods.  People still think SWIFT transfers from the same banks are fully automated?

I had to use fax for machine parts from New Zealand the other day.  If the Japs like Faxes, so be it.  It should not be rocket science to use a fax, and even to automate things significantly with something like HylaFAX.  The suggestion that Mt. Gox cannot figure out facsimile machines and that is somehow to blame for trouble getting funds to customers smacks of bullshit to be blunt about it.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Gresham's Lawyer
September 30, 2013, 11:01:15 PM
Code:
                 from a new bank.  I keep watching for reports of international
                 wires from a new bank as well.  That would be a very good sign.
                    domestic only bank
Fax!  In 2013!  For a simple domestic transfer!  Can you even buy fax machines any more?  Must be years since I saw one of those.  No wonder even Japanese transfers were slow during high volume periods.  People still think SWIFT transfers from the same banks are fully automated?

I wouldn't trust a bank that allows to transfer my money based solely on a fax message. Nothing is easier to forge than fax.

Its OK, this is not solely based on fax message.  It is backed up with x.400 out of band confirmation.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
September 30, 2013, 09:57:00 PM
sturle, thank you for your efforts to provide factual and level-headed information.  Regarding this:

Regarding other fiat withdrawal option, I expect most of their problems will be resolved within a month, and the fastest fiat withdrawal option (except domestic JPY and manual express international wire) to take less than a week before Christmas.  I'm willing to bet 1 BTC on this.

I haven't seen any evidence that the international wire transfer situation is improving.  What do you base your optimism on?  Do you have information that isn't publicly known?
legendary
September 30, 2013, 05:29:51 PM
"<@MagicalTux>  they're the first bank we've seen in JApan that can do domestic transfers without the need for faxes"

Karpeles is taking us for a ride on this one.
According to more than one source Japanese banking really is like that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banks_in_Japan
Online banks:
[...]
So what?  Online doesn't mean "no fax".  There may be, and probably are, different procedures and requirements for business and personal accounts.  Many online only banks around here only offer personal accounts.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
September 30, 2013, 05:07:16 PM
"<@MagicalTux>  they're the first bank we've seen in JApan that can do domestic transfers without the need for faxes"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banks_in_Japan

Online banks:

Jibun Bank (subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and KDDI)
Japan Net Bank (subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group)
Seven Bank (subsidiary of 7-Eleven and Seven & I Holdings Co.)
Sony Bank (subsidiary of Sony Financial Holdings and Sony)
Rakuten Bank (renamed from eBANK, subsidiary of Rakuten )
Incubator Bank of Japan, went bankrupt on 2010/09/10.
ÆON Bank (subsidiary of ÆON)
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
September 30, 2013, 05:06:15 PM

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
September 30, 2013, 05:02:08 PM

Activity: 306
Merit: 257
September 30, 2013, 04:13:34 PM
Code:
                    domestic only bank

I wouldn't trust a bank that allows to transfer my money based solely on a fax message. Nothing is easier to forge than fax.
Jump to: