Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 266. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
September 30, 2013, 02:13:09 PM
is the 5% withdrawal option also available for SEPA transfers?
No.  Their Japanese bank offer this manual transfer at a high fee, and you can't send a SEPA transfer from Japan.  You can send EUR as an international wire, of course.
so euro swift would be faster than a euro sepa?
It used to be faster until the beginning of June this year, and could be now as well if MtGox manage to fix their international wire problems.  The limited manual transfer at 5% fee has always been faster.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
September 30, 2013, 01:42:24 PM
sepa is sort of a domestic batch process for the Eurozone...what I gather from Wikipedia anyway...only 4 years old ,not well implemented yet..similar to ach batches rather than instant wires...might be wrong though

I see 4 types imagined

domestic batches       (sepa,ach) usually 3 day before batch is processed
international  batches (not sure but pay processors like dwolla seem to fit the descrip) 7 dayprocess?

domestic individual instant wires ( what sepa is trying to implement ,swift) instant meaning same day
international instant wires                         (swift w iban account number) same day by 2pm plus hops

id appreciate any corrections as i'm interested in understanding normal processing time versus the current gox times..thanks
Activity: 156
September 30, 2013, 01:04:57 PM
No.  Their Japanese bank offer this manual transfer at a high fee, and you can't send a SEPA transfer from Japan.  You can send EUR as an international wire, of course.

Most probably as you cannot send a SEPA transfer from Japan.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 30, 2013, 09:14:15 AM

legendary
September 29, 2013, 02:01:41 PM
Activity: 504
September 29, 2013, 01:08:01 PM
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
September 29, 2013, 12:38:06 PM
Ok, no one's talking about this so I'll say it. Absent evidence otherwise I think the 5% manual withdrawal option is dead. MTGOX repeatedly missed their promised timeline to process one for me and were very reluctant to allow me to cancel it and get the funds back in my account (though they finally did to their credit).
I have two reports of two successful withdrawals from IRC.  I asked them both to report here so the information would be first hand.  Both wanted to wait until Monday to have the full details of the transfer (e.g. originating bank).

People are quick to complain when their withdrawal is late, and not so quick to report the good news when their money arrive.

Did they have time frames, IE Days, Weeks, a month? Ill take 3rd party hearsay

Here's one case for you. I may be getting a 5% withdrawal on Monday. I will report back soon.
Activity: 826
September 29, 2013, 11:27:09 AM
Ok, no one's talking about this so I'll say it. Absent evidence otherwise I think the 5% manual withdrawal option is dead. MTGOX repeatedly missed their promised timeline to process one for me and were very reluctant to allow me to cancel it and get the funds back in my account (though they finally did to their credit).
I have two reports of two successful withdrawals from IRC.  I asked them both to report here so the information would be first hand.  Both wanted to wait until Monday to have the full details of the transfer (e.g. originating bank).

People are quick to complain when their withdrawal is late, and not so quick to report the good news when their money arrive.

Did they have time frames, IE Days, Weeks, a month? Ill take 3rd party hearsay
legendary
September 29, 2013, 04:00:59 AM
SEPA transfers take D+1 days, not minutes.  The explanation for SEPA delays can be found earlier in this thread (someone even called their bank to hear it from them), and everyone else are bored by hearing it over and over.  SEPA has been delayed for the same reason since they changed to the Polish bank more than a year ago.
Let's make a bet - 1 BTC - that in 30 days time nothing will change.
Regarding SEPA, yes.  Their  limit will not change until they have completed their registration as a financial institution.

Regarding other fiat withdrawal option, I expect most of their problems will be resolved within a month, and the fastest fiat withdrawal option (except domestic JPY and manual express international wire) to take less than a week before Christmas.  I'm willing to bet 1 BTC on this.
legendary
September 29, 2013, 03:55:42 AM

Activity: 501
September 28, 2013, 11:45:46 PM
Hm, I would like a data point. Has anyone who withdrew with SEPA after the end of August received their money yet?
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
September 28, 2013, 07:53:26 PM
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 28, 2013, 07:00:39 PM
SEPA transfers take D+1 days, not minutes.  The explanation for SEPA delays can be found earlier in this thread (someone even called their bank to hear it from them), and everyone else are bored by hearing it over and over.  SEPA has been delayed for the same reason since they changed to the Polish bank more than a year ago.
Let's make a bet - 1 BTC - that in 30 days time nothing will change.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 28, 2013, 06:57:39 PM
SEPA transfers take D+1 days, not minutes. 

Thats the legal maximum for international transfers. In reality most transfers happen the same day, and if its within the same bank or banking group, almost instantaneously.
legendary
September 28, 2013, 06:51:42 PM
All this fax-related-slow-bank-bla-bla stuff does not explain delays with the SEPA transfers. In order to make one, mtgox must have an account with an EU based bank. (I assume they have an account with a Polish bank, since they charge min 5 PLN of banking fee.) Usually, SEPA transfers ARE fully automated and it takes MINUTES for the funds to appear on the account. It makes me think that they are broke and make withdrawals (if any) from newly deposited funds.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 28, 2013, 06:45:05 PM
All this fax-related-slow-bank-bla-bla stuff does not explain delays with the SEPA transfers. In order to make one, mtgox must have an account with an EU based bank. (I assume they have an account with a Polish bank, since they charge min 5 PLN of banking fee.) Usually, SEPA transfers ARE fully automated and it takes MINUTES for the funds to appear on the account. It makes me think that they are broke and make withdrawals (if any) from newly deposited funds.
Activity: 196
September 28, 2013, 06:34:51 PM
I agree. Not even a facebook page update... I can't understand either, why they
gamble with their immaterial capital (trust), being the oldest exchange.

If they recover from their financial issues, they lost lots of customers for sure.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
September 28, 2013, 04:27:28 PM
stay on topic, please.

An exploration of the social and business setting in which Mt. Gox operate seems to me a perfectly fine way to kill time while waiting for Mt. Gox to send the fiat they have supposedly have in the pipeline.  If they provided any useful information to chew on related to the apparent failure of about half of the services they supposedly offer, the equation might change a bit, but they don't seem to be inclined in that direction.

I'm at day 37-ish awaiting my international wire with no results thus far.  It cannot be argued that a party runs and 'exchange' if their service is only good for one-way purchases.  That is to say, only fiat -> BTC is the operations work.

I currently remain of the opinion that it is most likely that the problems are mostly "not Mt. Gox's fault", but they are failing to provide much information to sustain that opinion.  Some rational for this communications failure would be understandable.  Some not.

Activity: 196
September 28, 2013, 03:57:27 PM
stay on topic, please.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
September 28, 2013, 12:54:45 PM

I still get a kick out of the name 'Lawsons' for a 7-11 in Japan.  They were all over the place.  I'm a bit of a connoisseur warm food from such places, and the stuff in Japan was a delight.

Lawsons is a different chain, just like 7-11 is its own chain.

Ya, Ya, it's just that the name sounds so un-Japanese.  There was a similar thing in India IIRC, but now I cannot remember what it was.  OTOH, 'park' sounds outwardly non-Korean to my ear but it's got to be one of the more abused words in that language.

I wonder if Lawsons had an advertising windfall when Eddie Lawson was winning GP championships right and left on Japanese machines (just like everyone else in the sport.)  That was before any notable Japanese riders showed up on the scene.

Jump to: