Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 328. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
July 29, 2013, 03:04:45 PM
If anybody is waiting for a USD wire transfer from MtGox back to a US bank account PM me right away.
(All posts from that user appear to be ads for Bitcoin-Brokers.)
thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
July 29, 2013, 01:50:43 PM
If anybody is waiting for a USD wire transfer from MtGox back to a US bank account PM me right away.
(All posts from that user appear to be ads for Bitcoin-Brokers.)
Activity: 881
CyberTrade
July 29, 2013, 01:18:39 PM

I have a way for you to get your money out of MtGox and into your hands immediately. No waiting, no fees, no headaches.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 29, 2013, 12:58:59 PM
Maybe the US Govt and other seasure have cost gox more money than they could afford to lose and still remain liquid.

This bank BS is just that -a bunch of BS.

It doesn't take a month to setup a bank account to move a few million $$ to a few thousand people. That's just BS. It's gotta be the Japanese govt putting pressure somehow, likely on Mizhou (or however it's spelt).

assuming those millions aren't already frozen.............

Exactly.  No cash.  Mountain of liabilities.  Legal issues.  Gross incompetence. 
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
July 29, 2013, 05:42:14 AM
Maybe the US Govt and other seasure have cost gox more money than they could afford to lose and still remain liquid.

It doesn't take a month to setup a bank account to move a few million $$ to a few thousand people. That's just BS. It's gotta be the Japanese govt putting pressure somehow, likely on Mizhou (or however it's spelt).

assuming those millions aren't already frozen.............
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 29, 2013, 05:06:18 AM

Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
July 29, 2013, 04:48:04 AM
Considering that Mtgox hasn't processed any USD withdrawals for over a month and Karpeles is simply lying about that suggests to me that there are serious, serious issues at Mtgox. I wouldn't be surprised if Karpeles takes the money and runs.
How could he take that money?
If he isn't able to send it to users, he won't be able to use it himself.
It's not like he holds actual real banknotes...

(sure he could steal the bitcoins, but then what? change them on another exchange?)
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 29, 2013, 04:38:28 AM
Considering that Mtgox hasn't processed any USD withdrawals for over a month and Karpeles is simply lying about that suggests to me that there are serious, serious issues at Mtgox. I wouldn't be surprised if Karpeles takes the money and runs.

Due to recent changes in Gox's BTC withdraw protocols (now sometimes requiring "verification"), it is quite obvious that Gox is implementing flow of funds control measures. 

yes and they registered with fincen recently... he cannot take the money and run because you know there are a few wise guys that would be looking for him, and a large white man in asia is pretty easy to spot...

Anybody offering pastic surgery (i.e. face change) for BTC yet ?

May have some 'whatles' coming your way soon.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
July 29, 2013, 01:54:05 AM

Due to recent changes in Gox's BTC withdraw protocols (now sometimes requiring "verification"), it is quite obvious that Gox is implementing flow of funds control measures. 

yes and they registered with fincen recently... he cannot take the money and run because you know there are a few wise guys that would be looking for him, and a large white man in asia is pretty easy to spot...
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
July 29, 2013, 01:34:20 AM
The value of Gox is not just in being an exchange, it's the price discovery for BTC, so many merchants and other things are linked into the Gox price. Another exchange would take a while to fill that void.

Prices on Mt. Gox are getting more unrealistic as more people run into withdrawal problems. There's now a 12% spread between BTC-E and Mt. Gox in Bitcoin/USD.

The other exchanges are iffy, though. BTC-E is in Russia, and Bitstamp's address in the UK is a mail drop.  Nobody is really strong enough to make a market.

legendary
July 29, 2013, 01:29:00 AM
If Mt Gox folded, BTC would take a fast dive, but crypto in general would ultimately recover. People would not put their faith in just one big exchange. We don't need a  "too big to fail" in crypto, leave that for fiat.

unless one of the many up and coming US exchanges popped up into the marketplace first. I remember kraken saying they were going to open up their doors this month. perhaps next month who knows
The value of Gox is not just in being an exchange, it's the price discovery for BTC, so many merchants and other things are linked into the Gox price. Another exchange would take a while to fill that void.

Yes but if I had a solid US exchange I'd move my trading there versus gox. Majority of Gox trading is US-based, am i wrong to assume that? I have to use bitstamp now, which is less than ideal for a US citizen. Since kraken has better functionality i'm sure many will flock. campbx has a chicken and egg problem in regards to trading. they never had the opportunity to get bigger than gox because of its liquidity, and it never lured users because it didn't do anything gox couldn't, aside from US deposits. their trading engine kinda sucks
erk
Activity: 826
July 29, 2013, 12:53:20 AM
If Mt Gox folded, BTC would take a fast dive, but crypto in general would ultimately recover. People would not put their faith in just one big exchange. We don't need a  "too big to fail" in crypto, leave that for fiat.

unless one of the many up and coming US exchanges popped up into the marketplace first. I remember kraken saying they were going to open up their doors this month. perhaps next month who knows

legendary
July 29, 2013, 12:50:37 AM

erk
Activity: 826
July 29, 2013, 12:41:48 AM
If Mt Gox folded, BTC would take a fast dive, but crypto in general would ultimately recover. People would not put their faith in just one big exchange. We don't need a  "too big to fail" in crypto, leave that for fiat.

July 28, 2013, 11:22:37 PM

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
July 28, 2013, 10:35:08 PM
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
July 28, 2013, 10:26:40 PM
I'm just trying to warn people to get their money of out Gox before its too late.  A member of the forum posted that a WSJ reporter is working on an article as we speak.  Now its only a matter of time.  

See my answer to S3052: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2804992

How should we transfer $ 13 million to Bitstamp? It's not possible without a collapse. If Mt. Gox kicked the bucket, then we go back to single digits or less. Then you better should recommend to get out of bitcoin.

Bitstamp has simply taken the role of Dwolla, Liberty Reserve and OKPay for Gox traders at the moment. Without Gox Bitstamp would collapse within a few hours.

If my assumption of what you mean is that "if mtgox collapses then the price of bitcoin will collapse", then I disagree with that. As people try to withdraw bitcoins will drive the price up in the short term.

Longer-term there are bigger projects/businesses that are going to emerge outside of gox's world.

Bitcoin > Gox.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
July 28, 2013, 12:24:37 PM
I can confirm that my "5 digit+" withdrawal was quite timely.  In fact, it arrived yesterday.

Lol as usual the leet get hooked up while everyone else gets it in the shorts....
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1059
July 27, 2013, 03:04:34 PM
I can confirm that my "5 digit+" withdrawal was quite timely.  In fact, it arrived yesterday.
I have been waiting for my 5 digit withdrawal for nearly one month...

But it has arrived?

No, still in the "confirmed" status. Embarrassed

Then best not to think about it further. One day it'll arrive.
July 27, 2013, 02:52:59 PM
I have been waiting for my 5 digit withdrawal for nearly one month...

But it has arrived?

No, still in the "confirmed" status. Embarrassed
Jump to: