Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 51. (Read 908602 times)

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011
I don't understand what's going on with these "trustee"-stuff. I got the mail, too. Can someone explain in some steps what I have to do, to get my BTC (or a part of it) back?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061
Smile
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Citizen's arrest based on what? You need to tread carefully when doing such a thing.

No, it's simple as pie. If you have grounds to believe that there is a crime going on, and that the criminal may be about to run with the money, you just detain him and leave the matter to the police for investigation. The police cannot fine you unless they find out that Mt.Gox is committing nothing criminal. In the complaint you outline the crimes in such technical precision that the police cannot find them not true without real investigation. So they will have to investigate.

Of course they can summarily decide that you are wrong and the arrest was unlawful, but if Mt.Gox ever is found guilty (which I would say is 99% sure at this point), you will triumph as a hero and Japan police and judicial system is shamed.

This is exactly why citizen's arrest prevails in the legal code. When it's taken away, then there is nothing more to do but whine.

What a shame that this did not happen.

I still believe you need to tread carefully when doing this especially if you do not have all the facts and evidence. With mtgox that is hard to determine. As it appears most of the details at the time were not public knowledge.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Regarding the latest announcement on the website, it looks like they are announcing a hearing about the "Amended Recognition Petition"..?  Does anybody know what this is?  Does it have to do with the Sunlot agreement? 

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061
Smile
Citizen's arrest based on what? You need to tread carefully when doing such a thing.

No, it's simple as pie. If you have grounds to believe that there is a crime going on, and that the criminal may be about to run with the money, you just detain him and leave the matter to the police for investigation. The police cannot fine you unless they find out that Mt.Gox is committing nothing criminal. In the complaint you outline the crimes in such technical precision that the police cannot find them not true without real investigation. So they will have to investigate.

Of course they can summarily decide that you are wrong and the arrest was unlawful, but if Mt.Gox ever is found guilty (which I would say is 99% sure at this point), you will triumph as a hero and Japan police and judicial system is shamed.

This is exactly why citizen's arrest prevails in the legal code. When it's taken away, then there is nothing more to do but whine.

Found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen's_arrest
Japan
Section 213 of the Criminal Code allows anyone (not only citizens) witnessing any crime in progress to make an arrest. This is called genkouhan (現行犯, meaning in flagrante delicto).[20] Most criminals who attempt to flee, or refuse to identify themselves, can be held until police arrive.[21] However, making a citizen's arrest to prevent petty crime (i.e. illegal assembly, accidental injury, accidental trespass, defamation of character, leaving a parking lot without paying)[22] is false imprisonment per Section 220.[23]

if this is true and the crime can be proven then the hunt is on now by everyone who lost there btc to get mark

go get him

Be funny to see hundreds of people chasing mark all over japan to arrest him (lol)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1002
how can I submit a claim as lender and what date??

Quote from: mtgox.com
Bankruptcy claims under a bankruptcy procedure will be fixed through filing of claims and the investigation procedure. The method for filing claims will be published on this site as soon as we are in a situation to announce it.
Thank you man!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF

Quote from: mtgox.com
Bankruptcy claims under a bankruptcy procedure will be fixed through filing of claims and the investigation procedure. The method for filing claims will be published on this site as soon as we are in a situation to announce it.
legendary
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
"This email address([email protected])is used only for the purpose of sending messages, and we are unable to check and respond to any replies to this email address."

Translation: we will not get our hands dirty helping creditors with legitimate claims as we just want to earn our fees with as little effort as possible.

Of course, if it's a lawyer, why should they work for free actually helping people? Best to just get paid without working....
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
"This email address([email protected])is used only for the purpose of sending messages, and we are unable to check and respond to any replies to this email address."

Translation: we will not get our hands dirty helping creditors with legitimate claims as we just want to earn our fees with as little effort as possible.
Activity: 353
Merit: 253
WTF do we have to do?

They know how many bitcoins I have been robbed. Just give them back to me.

legendary
Guys! Pls help me! Im from Russia and cant undestand same information in mtgox updates!
What i must to do now?  Angry
I lost 21 BTC and if anyone help me (will keep me informed of all developments and to specify concrete steps for my actions) i get him 10% of money return!
If you interesting PM me.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
Has anyone got the email “Announcement of Commencement of Bankruptcy Proceedings” from trustee?

i rceived too
legendary
I have not received email! Where can I go for help? From which address was you recieved email?
Thanks!
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Has anyone got the email “Announcement of Commencement of Bankruptcy Proceedings” from trustee?

Yes, and the deadline for Q3 is a complete joke. First, bankruptcy protection to feed nothing more than the pockets of lawyers, spread hopium to victims and obfuscate the situation even more. Then final bankruptcy with no real follow-up.
legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1009

Yes ! I received today.
legendary
Activity: 1036
It's been a while since the Decker and Wattenhofer paper.

What is the current excuse as to where the coins are?

I haven't heard an explanation that is even remotely plausible. But I must admit I'm not perfectly up to date. What is the official explanation? If none has been published by now, isn't that a rather straight admission of guilt by Karpelès and co?
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: