Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 9. (Read 908452 times)

legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000
13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X
March 08, 2017, 09:09:19 AM
as i understand in the time that we was waiting the only thing that changed is :

the return of the $2.5m USD from the Dwolla settlement

And that Kobayashi wrote in the updates :

Now that all bankruptcy claims have been
accepted or rejected, henceforth, I wish
to  proceed  to  the  distribution  process  as  
soon  as  possible.      However,  the  detailed  
schedule  thereof  will  inevitably  be  aff
ected  by  each  creditor’s  response  to  the  
acceptance  or  rejection  of  his  or  her  clai
m,  etc.    Therefore,  at  present,  the  
possibility  of  carrying  out  a  distribution  
and  the  timing  and  method  thereof,  etc.  
have not yet been determined.
I  will  continue  to  consider  whether,  in  th
e  case  where  a  distribution  is  possible,  a  
distribution will be made by
way of distributing BTC.

No other information on the investigation or anything else,
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
March 08, 2017, 09:02:07 AM
So did the people who bought Mtgox equivalent Bitcoins at fractions of a penny and their rights to those coins get in the green yet.
Given the time till this case finally closes and payments are given out holding those Bitcoins still seems like the better deal.
legendary
March 08, 2017, 04:51:02 AM
So, looks like, nothing has changed...
What are they doing so much time.

"On March 8, 2017, the eighth creditor’s meeting was held.
The ninth creditor’s meeting will be held at Tokyo District Courtroom for Creditors’ Meeting No.1 (5F, joint government building for the domestic, summary and district courts) at 13:30 on September 27, 2017."

They told us that we waited all those months to gather today at Tokyo and wait for unknown time for the payout Smiley the interesting thing is that in papers released Kobayashi writes that maybe we have payout in BTC if i read good..
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
March 08, 2017, 04:40:06 AM
So, looks like, nothing has changed...
What are they doing so much time.

"On March 8, 2017, the eighth creditor’s meeting was held.
The ninth creditor’s meeting will be held at Tokyo District Courtroom for Creditors’ Meeting No.1 (5F, joint government building for the domestic, summary and district courts) at 13:30 on September 27, 2017."

legendary
March 05, 2017, 05:00:34 PM
I don't want to make you feel bad and don't know how this will turn out but as i am reading on https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgoxinsolvency/

the current situation maybe need some years more on courts until we have a payout day...

There are many questions of course on that and very little information if not information at all....
The biggest question in my opinion is the result of the investigation... that we really have 0% information ...
We are all focusing on the payout date but we really give little weight on the fact that we have thousands of missing coins... and personally i don't like here "if were any" etc...
If there was fake book etc we need also know this..
We need wait some more days to see what we will have at the creditors meeting..
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
March 05, 2017, 03:31:33 AM
--cut--

Back in the day one could not turn around without hearing that it was dumb to let someone else hold your funds.  Also, just about every Bitcoin 'business' that had ever been had been 'hacked' and 'lost' their customer's (aka, victim's) funds.  Even Gox had had their share of issues and there were some real questions about how competent they were even if they were honest.

--cut--

In my opinion, there where clear and early warning signs, like fiat withdrawals that didn't work weeks before closure, while the exchange rate was substantially higher than on other exchanges, because the money was stuck.

I could imaging that greed overshadowed one or anothers decision-making ability.

The price was always higher on Gox. Probably due to the difficulty/cost of getting cash out of Japan. I agree with your other warning signs though.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
March 05, 2017, 03:29:50 AM
there is now a "Delay Damages for Cash (JPY)" and "Delay Damages for Bitcoin (JPY)" in the claim.

Grin

You mean before there was not? i remember there was the damages for cash there... i am not sure if was the Damages for Bitcoin...

do you remember?

There was something there before too. My claim is for BTC & there were delayed damages, albeit some negligible amount (and converted to cash).
legendary
February 25, 2017, 09:33:12 AM
Table columns screenshot taken 2-3 weeks ago

This screenshot is from "List of Bankruptcy Creditors and List of Acceptance or Rejection of Claims"

The fields that  Gyrsur  is referring you can see if you login to your account and see your claim. You will see before the Total at the end.
But really i can't recall the Damages for Bitcoin... i think is really new

Maybe this is the reason that many investors wanted and did buy some of the Claims....
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
February 25, 2017, 07:46:15 AM
Table columns screenshot taken 2-3 weeks ago
http://i65.tinypic.com/se93pi.jpg
legendary
February 25, 2017, 06:55:19 AM
there is now a "Delay Damages for Cash (JPY)" and "Delay Damages for Bitcoin (JPY)" in the claim.

Grin

You mean before there was not? i remember there was the damages for cash there... i am not sure if was the Damages for Bitcoin...

do you remember?
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
February 24, 2017, 05:21:54 PM

Grin
legendary
February 22, 2017, 06:41:13 AM
By that time everything was different. Today is very easy to judge what happened etc...
but that time we want or not was really the biggest exchange on the market.. up to that point all my deposits and withdrawals personally was working good.
This moment of signals for example you mention some people start to withdraw btc, and some was lucky some others not as more issues was coming up..
The point is that yet we don't know the truth exactly... and of course why i should loose all my coins for example ? if we see the price today and the price of the time of closing the exchange is possible to return to me 100% in fiat or BTC.... do you think that? i can't recall now the price but i think about $470 ( correct me if i am wrong but is about there ) and today price of  $1.108 is more than double the price... don't tell me that if they sell in one piece etc will take down the price of btc because they can do that as we speak for 2-3 months for example with blocks of 10, 20 or more in blocks of 20 would need 10.000 orders and this is something they can do as we speak who knows...
legendary
Activity: 974
February 22, 2017, 05:02:57 AM
--cut--

Back in the day one could not turn around without hearing that it was dumb to let someone else hold your funds.  Also, just about every Bitcoin 'business' that had ever been had been 'hacked' and 'lost' their customer's (aka, victim's) funds.  Even Gox had had their share of issues and there were some real questions about how competent they were even if they were honest.

--cut--

In my opinion, there where clear and early warning signs, like fiat withdrawals that didn't work weeks before closure, while the exchange rate was substantially higher than on other exchanges, because the money was stuck.

I could imaging that greed overshadowed one or anothers decision-making ability.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
February 21, 2017, 08:40:39 PM
I can choose not answer to you from the attitude of your post, if i get it right...since it's clear you not give a sh... for the members of this community and as for me i am an early adopter that spread the world the news about bitcoin, many people listen to me and are now involved actively in the bitcoin land... anyway...
let me have a different opinion if nobody cares any more...
i will be happy if i get 1% this is not the case here... the case is that the people that we was in the gox exchange at that time, was mostly early adopters and miners etc... not bears etc.. of course this type also was and if you have $10.000.000 and lose some is not the same like in our case that we lost almost 100% of our holdings back then...

so little respect to the people that lost their money is not bad..... if you attitude was different and i misunderstood then it's all good...

but trust me, many people care and wait the result of this situation...

Back in the day one could not turn around without hearing that it was dumb to let someone else hold your funds.  Also, just about every Bitcoin 'business' that had ever been had been 'hacked' and 'lost' their customer's (aka, victim's) funds.  Even Gox had had their share of issues and there were some real questions about how competent they were even if they were honest.

It has always been best practice to only store BTC with an 'exchange' that one is looking to trade and to keep the bulk of one's holdings under one's own control.  I understand how people could have taken shortcuts so I don't assign 100% of the blame to the victims (though I've pretended that I do from time to time.)  Furthermore, it is probably as common for people to lose BTC by forgetting passwords or whatever than it is to be rooked by a criminal enterprise such as Mt Gox probably was, so 'doing it right' is not in and of itself a sure-fire means of protection.

The main galling thing to me is that every BTC lost through Mt. Gox is a BTC gained by some fucking thief.  This makes it different than someone overwriting their wallet.dat.  I can only hope that whoever the scumbags are they end up stealing from the wrong person and pay the price eventually.  Hopefully some of them already have.  There is little honor among thieves so the picture of some of these legacy heists will become more clear, and I'll bet that people who lost $100k will continue to be irritated as the value of their loss rises through $1M.

legendary
February 21, 2017, 08:09:27 PM
I can choose not answer to you from the attitude of your post, if i get it right...since it's clear you not give a sh... for the members of this community and as for me i am an early adopter that spread the world the news about bitcoin, many people listen to me and are now involved actively in the bitcoin land... anyway...
let me have a different opinion if nobody cares any more...
i will be happy if i get 1% this is not the case here... the case is that the people that we was in the gox exchange at that time, was mostly early adopters and miners etc... not bears etc.. of course this type also was and if you have $10.000.000 and lose some is not the same like in our case that we lost almost 100% of our holdings back then...

so little respect to the people that lost their money is not bad..... if you attitude was different and i misunderstood then it's all good...

but trust me, many people care and wait the result of this situation...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004
February 21, 2017, 05:31:03 PM
nobody cares anymore... be happy if you will get 10% from your loss Smiley
legendary
February 19, 2017, 04:01:16 PM
starting to get hot regarding the MtGox news ....

This is one that you need read indeed, since have proofs over email and history data along with a nice and interesting opinion where the $5M USD transferred... and yes you guessed right...is someones pocket.... read the full news-story here:
https://goxdox2.org/2017/02/19/email-gate-crooked-peter-part-i/

legendary
January 23, 2017, 02:18:41 PM
We have some news here in case you not read.

You can read here: https://twitter.com/i/moments/821888186242584576

What we have here is that Mark for the first time as far as i know he says how the hack happened back then....

"social engineering against our hosting provider"

now, that is interesting... of course if somebody knows who was the hosting company at that time would be nice to know.

as i remember at that time Mark had a hosting company Forever.net. Do i remember good?
I not say it was the one that hosted MtGox but if somebody knows i and many others would like to know the answer.
legendary
January 03, 2017, 03:31:13 PM
Mark started replying questions and commenting before 3 weeks and until now...
so in case you missed check here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgoxinsolvency/

If you have a question to make to Mark go for it, i think will get an answer... but of course don't ask what happend with MtGox Smiley i not expect the real answer anytime soon....
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
December 28, 2016, 05:50:37 AM
I don't think we're anywhere near the return from the trustee. The investigation is ongoing (according to the latest announcement) and what bothers me more is  that M.Karpeles is out of jail (that means he was not the man that the Japanese justice thought he was). Regardless of this, the evaluation still stands according to the list that the Trustee has published a few months ago. The idea is to maintain a certain amount (even though BTC will be doubled price wise) in order to have something stable to talk about.

For what is worth, I don't think that there will be a revaluation unless we have news about the missing 600k coins... Which i seriously doubt it.
Pages:
Jump to: