Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 13. (Read 908452 times)

legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000
June 16, 2016, 09:46:38 AM
Now check this out... my claim has been accepted, and I am on the creditors list.

But, I filled my form on the intention of receiving back my BTC as japanese money, JPY. The swap operation from BTC to JPYwas made months ago, when the BTC value was much lower.

By inflating the BTC value they can pay back the creditors in cash, as they will have a surprlus of money when they sell their BTC.

I do not think this is nice, or don't even know if it's legal, but I believe that's what they are gonna do.

If I'd want to receive my BTC or updated ammount of JPY, I'd have to submit another form, in the japanese justice system, that is: it is almost impossible to be done, at least for me, as I'm brazilian, living in Brazil.

Just for understanding: My claim has been accepted when 1BTC ~ 50000 JPY. As of today, they are worth ~76000 JPY.

If the price of BTC had declined would you be willing to accept less JPY?

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 16, 2016, 09:34:07 AM
Now check this out... my claim has been accepted, and I am on the creditors list.

But, I filled my form on the intention of receiving back my BTC as japanese money, JPY. The swap operation from BTC to JPYwas made months ago, when the BTC value was much lower.

By inflating the BTC value they can pay back the creditors in cash, as they will have a surprlus of money when they sell their BTC.

I do not think this is nice, or don't even know if it's legal, but I believe that's what they are gonna do.

If I'd want to receive my BTC or updated ammount of JPY, I'd have to submit another form, in the japanese justice system, that is: it is almost impossible to be done, at least for me, as I'm brazilian, living in Brazil.

Just for understanding: My claim has been accepted when 1BTC ~ 50000 JPY. As of today, they are worth ~76000 JPY.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
June 08, 2016, 08:07:44 PM
This is a long thread guys, forgive me for not reading, but I think others are in my boat:

A. Is there an expected date/timeframe for MTGox bag-holders to see their reimbursement?

The support area at the Kraken answers that question, which must be one everyone is asking about. If you keep checking the support area it will probably be one of the first places to give a date.

https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/208925817-When-is-the-payout-date-

When is the payout date?

The trustee has not yet announced any details on the payout date.
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
June 08, 2016, 04:41:46 PM
@vints998
Its not easy, you need a japan lawyer then you must over him provide more details about your claim prolly all translated in japanies, which for sure is not cheap
Activity: 40
June 08, 2016, 03:50:55 PM
Can anybody tell me how I can go about disputing the decision?

I have looked at the published list of claims and the figure shown as my claim is a paltry 100 ish Yen, which is rejected.
I still have a copy of my claim form showing my claim as over 42000 Yen (i.e. 0.8BTC).

Apologies if the answer to this is posted elsewhere, perhaps I could be directed to a more appropriate thread,

thanks,
VH
Activity: 353
Merit: 253
June 08, 2016, 06:51:17 AM
As I said I cannot access my mtgox page anymore.

I have seen, though, that my request got accepted.

I have made my claim through Kraken.

Will I automatically receive my bitcoins on kraken or do I have to confirm or do something in order to get them?

Thanks,
ilpirata79
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
June 07, 2016, 08:56:19 PM
This is a long thread guys, forgive me for not reading, but I think others are in my boat:

A. Is there an expected date/timeframe for MTGox bag-holders to see their reimbursement?

B. All told how much BTC is expected to be released with that event?

C. Have the authorities outlined a process for handling of unclaimed assets, i.e. accounts that nobody has spoken for? Would they just send the coins to the last known good address? Lol ... that would be funny ... nevermind, forget I asked that.
June 07, 2016, 05:39:03 PM
I cannot verify the claim, as I have changed the password and don't remember it.

How can I verify my claim ??

Anyone in the same position?

See the list here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4lad22/list_of_all_acceptedrejected_mtgox_claims_pdf/

Thanks a lot!!

ilpirata79
legendary
June 07, 2016, 05:23:03 PM
I cannot verify the claim, as I have changed the password and don't remember it.

See the list here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4lad22/list_of_all_acceptedrejected_mtgox_claims_pdf/
June 07, 2016, 03:05:46 PM

legendary
June 07, 2016, 02:41:38 PM
Anyone here who disagrees with the bankruptcy trustees decision and has decided to engage a Japanese law firm?
Activity: 21
I'm not sure Mt.Gox will withdraw to everybody who lost his money.

If you're verified and accepted you will receive your funds (BTC). What we don't know yet is the portion of what will be sent to you, since it is subjected to the BTC available vs the BTC claimings that were verified and accepted by the trustee, until all disputes have been examined (this is STILL an ongoing process IIRC). There was an outrageous amount of claims that were never there in the first place; also as people that don't see their funds in their accounts for various other reasons.

If you can prove your claims (blockchain tx, personal ID, MtGox Ubikey, or ANY other means of verification) then you will get your respective amount money.

If they weren't going to reward us dollar=for dollar in regards to our claim then why would they have a section called " delay damages for bitcoin" knowing they wouldn't reward us the full amount of funds anyway ? I'd much rather get back all of my money than a late fee on top if a reduced sum.

I think this is going to be a good year for crypto. With this MtGox decision of approving claims and the pending release of Zcoin things are looking up for , no? Now in a perfect world the trustees can release MtGox funds to the customers in time for the Zcoin release ( wishful thinking ) .
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
Kraken confirmed that go to distribute in bitcoins 100% sure ? and what happen with who claim in btc in mtgox page, will go to distribute in bitcoin too ? Is possible change to kraken today ?

I think it's not anymore possible, but they may have changed their policy. They have a thread in the forum here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.3480
PM user: Dargo maybe there's still a solution.
Activity: 23
Kraken confirmed that go to distribute in bitcoins 100% sure ? and what happen with who claim in btc in mtgox page, will go to distribute in bitcoin too ? Is possible change to kraken today ?
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.

If you're verified and accepted you will receive your funds (BTC). What we don't know yet is the portion of what will be sent to you, since it is subjected to the BTC available vs the BTC claimings that were verified and accepted by the trustee, until all disputes have been examined (this is STILL an ongoing process IIRC). There was an outrageous amount of claims that were never there in the first place; also as people that don't see their funds in their accounts for various other reasons.

If you can prove your claims (blockchain tx, personal ID, MtGox Ubikey, or ANY other means of verification) then you will get your respective amount money.
legendary
Activity: 1124
13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X
what makes you think that?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1124
13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X
no there is nothing you need do. this is only just for your verification.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Hello guys! I see on mtgox.com such text on the main page "....Please look for your creditor’s number (the number assigned to you when you filed your claims) and your name, and confirm the results of the acceptance or rejection of your filed claims."
Please tell me, How i must confirm the results of the acceptance or rejection of your filed claims?
I must sent email or push some button?
Thanks!
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
Another news regarding this case: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/05/25/kraken_mtgox_bankruptcy/

The operators of the Kraken exchange will distribute $91 millions in Bitcoins to people left out of pocket by the 2014 MtGox collapse.

That reassures me that the receiver won't dump the Bitcoins on exchanges or auction them. Liquidating assets and paying creditors back in fiat was standard procedure in all Japanese bankruptcy cases until this one. This is the first time assets get returned instead of fiat. Most of the creditors want Bitcoins and it's good news the receiver listened to them.

That's because they officially recognize BTC as money.
https://bitconnect.co/bitcoin-news/130/japan-officially-recognizes-bitcoin-and-digital-currencies-as-money/
Pages:
Jump to: