Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 123. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 250
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
My 7850 is up and running BTC @ 263 Mh/s and LTC @ 360 Kh/s

Not sure if I should be getting more. I think it's where it should be.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Happy New Year!

Ok, I'm running into a little problem with 2.3 and 2.3.2.  When it switches coins I get an awesome BSOD (atiblahblah.sys error).  The odd thing is on 2.8, no problems.  I don't know if it computer or program related.  Let me know if there is any info I can provide to help.

specs:
(2) r9 290x @ 917/1500 (stock volts)
4gb 1333 ram
win7 x64

Also, could you provide some feedback on this "issue" as well?  Looking at the API monitor I see some info that concerns me a bit. 

After an hour I see the following mining Doge:
Accepted:176
Discarded:85
Stale:5
M/H @ 1.75

The discard rate is what concerns me (or should it).

Thanks again for the great program
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
What's the new in 2.3.2 update?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
cant seem to get stratum proxy working getting bunch of errors back on it liek i was doing befor with configuration

--scan noauto -o 127.0.0.1:50666 -u crazy -p 1234 -S bigpic:\\.\COM33 -d bigpic@\\.\COM33 -S bigpic:\\.\COM34 -d bigpic@\\.\COM34 -S bigpic:\\.\COM35 -d bigpic@\\.\COM35 -S erupter:\\.\COM10 -d erupter@\\.\COM10 -S erupter:\\.\COM11 -d erupter@\\.\COM11 -S erupter:\\.\COM12 -d erupter@\\.\COM12 -S erupter:\\.\COM13 -d erupter@\\.\COM13 -S erupter:\\.\COM14 -d erupter@\\.\COM14 -S erupter:\\.\COM15 -d erupter@\\.\COM15 -S erupter:\\.\COM16 -d erupter@\\.\COM16 -S erupter:\\.\COM17 -d erupter@\\.\COM17 -S erupter:\\.\COM18 -d erupter@\\.\COM18 -S erupter:\\.\COM19 -d erupter@\\.\COM19 -S erupter:\\.\COM20 -d erupter@\\.\COM20 -S erupter:\\.\COM21 -d erupter@\\.\COM21 -S erupter:\\.\COM22 -d erupter@\\.\COM22 -S erupter:\\.\COM3 -d erupter@\\.\COM3 -S erupter:\\.\COM4 -d erupter@\\.\COM4 -S erupter:\\.\COM49 -d erupter@\\.\COM49 -S erupter:\\.\COM5 -d erupter@\\.\COM5 -S erupter:\\.\COM50 -d erupter@\\.\COM50 -S erupter:\\.\COM51 -d erupter@\\.\COM51 -S erupter:\\.\COM52 -d erupter@\\.\COM52 -S erupter:\\.\COM53 -d erupter@\\.\COM53 -S erupter:\\.\COM54 -d erupter@\\.\COM54 -S erupter:\\.\COM55 -d erupter@\\.\COM55 -S erupter:\\.\COM56 -d erupter@\\.\COM56 -S erupter:\\.\COM6 -d erupter@\\.\COM6 -S erupter:\\.\COM67 -d erupter@\\.\COM67 -S erupter:\\.\COM7 -d erupter@\\.\COM7 -S erupter:\\.\COM8 -d erupter@\\.\COM8 -S erupter:\\.\COM9 -d erupter@\\.\COM9 --api-listen --api-port 4029 --api-allow W:127.0.0.1, -T -q

Process crashed
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
I keep getting this crash while I add a coin and multiminer is working.  I'm on linux mint xfce 15, miltiminer 2.3.0.  Let me know if you need more information.

Edit: I just saw you just posted an update, let me try it first to see if it keeps crashing.

Let me know if this persists and I'll install Mint in a VM and test it out (I currently only test Ubuntu for Linux builds). Thanks for the report!
Activity: 442
Merit: 10
I keep getting this crash while I add a coin and multiminer is working.  I'm on linux mint xfce 15, miltiminer 2.3.0.  Let me know if you need more information.

Code:
mauricio@mauricio-B202 ~/Multiminer $ mono MultiMiner.Win.exe
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: list position
  at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.get_Current () [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.PushData (Boolean force) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.PushData () [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.UpdateIsBinding () [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.UpdateIsBinding () [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.BindingManagerBase.PushData () [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.ListChangedHandler (System.Object sender, System.ComponentModel.ListChangedEventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.OnListChanged (System.ComponentModel.ListChangedEventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.ResetBindings (Boolean metadataChanged) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.SetList (IList l) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.ResetList () [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.set_DataSource (System.Object value) [0x00000] in :0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource:set_DataSource (object)
  at MultiMiner.Win.CoinsForm.coinListBox_SelectedIndexChanged (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnItemClick (Int32 index) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnMouseUpLB (System.Object sender, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in :0

Edit: I just saw you just posted an update, let me try it first to see if it keeps crashing.
Version 2.3.1 of MultiMiner is now available!

• Fixed an error displaying the details of a device when one of the Coin APIs is unavailable
  • Fixed a rare error when a block is found
  • Minor visual tweaks

This update should address the crash reported a couple of times here and on GitHub. Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Version 2.3.2 is now up fixing an error inspecting the details of a device that is mining a manually entered coin.
Question about the stratum proxy mining how do you configure this and to work on other coins than bitcoin ?

Just switch it to another coin the way you would a normal device. Note that other users report that the wrong hashrate is displayed for Scrypt coins when using the proxy. SHA-256 coins work fine.
I clearly explained above that after using Quick Switch I pulled down the Settings/Strategies menu and checked the box "Automatically mine coin(s) based on Profitability."  It did not make a switch for several cycles so I exited MuM.

You need to restart mining once you make any changes to settings. I know this is not immediately obvious but one of the startup tips specifies this.

I stepped through and setup only BTC and Perks worked. I added more SHA-256 coins and auto-switching did not work and Perks quit.

See my previous post - try turning on the API error notifications under Settings. My guess is that one of the APIs (CoinWarz, CoinChoose, Coinbase) is giving an error and that is why the information is not showing.

Can you post a screenshot?
I tried but I've never been able to get an image to appear in a BitCoin Forum post. If I knew how I'd be glad to. I have a jpg saved.

Something like imgur should work. A picture is worth 1000 words!

http://imgur.com/

You may want to go into Settings and turn on the API error notifications. One thing users are running into is the CoinWarz 25-call limit on the free API key. Once this hits the app is not going to be able to fetch & display profitability information.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Question about the stratum proxy mining how do you configure this and to work on other coins than bitcoin ?
Activity: 453
dfgfdgfdg
This is by-design. Using the Quick Switch menu to switch to a coin disables the automatic-mining under Strategies. Since you have manually switched coins, it is assumed you are no longer automatically mining.
So I'll never be able to auto switch again??? Are you going to fix this major design flaw???

I'm not sure what you are trying to imply. You are the first person in thousands to see this as a major design flaw. You are free to request a different implementation (nicely).

The whole purpose of Quick Switch is to disable auto-mining and switch all devices to a specific coin. There would be absolutely no point in doing this if the auto-mining is going to kick in in a few minutes and switch them all back.

If you want to change an individual device without disabling auto-mining, right-click on it and select a different coin.

Dear Mister Woolls sir;

I clearly explained above that after using Quick Switch I pulled down the Settings/Strategies menu and checked the box "Automatically mine coin(s) based on Profitability."  It did not make a switch for several cycles so I exited MuM. I then launched MuM and assured myself the auto box was checked and it still did not make a single switch overnight. This morning I used Control Panel/Programs to uninstall Mum and then I deleted both MultiMiner folders in users/aps. I then DLed your program and reinstalled it.  I stepped through and setup only BTC and Perks worked. I added more SHA-256 coins and auto-switching did not work and Perks quit.

With Best Regards,
Mister Aurum
dfgfdgfdg
Can you post a screenshot? Maybe you need to click More details on the lower left?
Perks does not display in More Details or Fewer Details mode. Disabled.

I tried but I've never been able to get an image to appear in a BitCoin Forum post. If I knew how I'd be glad to. I have a jpg saved.

[/quote]
This is by-design. Using the Quick Switch menu to switch to a coin disables the automatic-mining under Strategies. Since you have manually switched coins, it is assumed you are no longer automatically mining.
So I'll never be able to auto switch again??? Are you going to fix this major design flaw???

I'm not sure what you are trying to imply. You are the first person in thousands to see this as a major design flaw. You are free to request a different implementation (nicely).

The whole purpose of Quick Switch is to disable auto-mining and switch all devices to a specific coin. There would be absolutely no point in doing this if the auto-mining is going to kick in in a few minutes and switch them all back.

If you want to change an individual device without disabling auto-mining, right-click on it and select a different coin.

Can you post a screenshot? Maybe you need to click More details on the lower left?
Perks does not display in More Details or Fewer Details mode. Disabled.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.<>c__DisplayClassc5.b__c1(MinerProcess p) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 4245
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.RefreshDetailsArea() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 4245
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This has been reported by another user as well and I am looking into it.
dfgfdgfdg
Then I noticed that UNO had popped up and I didn't want to wait another 5 minutes so I clicked Quick Switch to UNO. It did not switch when it should and I saw that under strategies the auto box was now unchecked so I checked it. MuM is still not switching but stays on the last Quick Switch coin. I DLed another MuM 2.3.0 a while ago and it's still not switching.

Also, I have Perks activated and at first quotes and estimated earnings were displayed but since QS they've vanished.  What should I do to get it running right Huh

If I click on a device I get a popup "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." I just click Continue. Does this mean I did something wrong?

Please post the full text of the error message using CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

Is there a way to make the font bigger?

Change your font in Windows. It uses the default OS font.
dfgfdgfdg
I DLed and installed MuM yesterday and while I was running it on ASICs an update was offered and I accepted. I was vacillating between CoinWarz and CoinChoose and decided to switch to CoinWarz from my original choice. I was watching them both last night and was surprised how very different they often were. Anyone figured out which is best to use with MuM Huh

Then I noticed that UNO had popped up and I didn't want to wait another 5 minutes so I clicked Quick Switch to UNO. It did not switch when it should and I saw that under strategies the auto box was now unchecked so I checked it. MuM is still not switching but stays on the last Quick Switch coin. I DLed another MuM 2.3.0 a while ago and it's still not switching. I did not delete all my xml files before reinstalling. Also, I have Perks activated and at first quotes and estimated earnings were displayed but since QS they've vanished.  What should I do to get it running right Huh

If I click on a device I get a popup "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." I just click Continue. Does this mean I did something wrong?

When it autostarts on bootup it mines the last coin for a cycle. Seems it should check and immediately switch to the strategy coin.

Is there a way to make the font bigger?
I like the new information pane in 2.3.0 however it doesn't update for me when changing coin. For example if I start with Bitcoin and then change to eMark, it still lists Bitcoin and the details view says profitability: 100%.

Did you restart mining? You must restart mining after you make changes to your coin configurations or really any other settings. I just tested this myself and it worked and everything was refreshed appropriately.

Now I had to downgrade to 2.2.8 since 2.3.0 keeps crashing for many different reasons:
- Sometimes when auto changing coins occur
- When disabling a coin
- Sometimes during startup
- When kept running for many hours straight

Please post the crash logs. They each have very detailed messages that include the offending lines of code.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
I like the new information pane in 2.3.0 however it doesn't update for me when changing coin. For example if I start with Bitcoin and then change to eMark, it still lists Bitcoin and the details view says profitability: 100%.

Now I had to downgrade to 2.2.8 since 2.3.0 keeps crashing for many different reasons:
- Sometimes when auto changing coins occur
- When disabling a coin
- Sometimes during startup
- When kept running for many hours straight

I did import my CoinConfigurations from 2.2.8. Could that be part of the problem? Do I need to start fresh?

Using MultiMiner on Windows 8.1 x64, only as a proxy and mining on GHash, Multipool and CoinEx.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
oh yah i do have some suggestions for the "perfect" software too :-)

-run everything as a service
-access properties served up from webpages.... ie: a web ui. i see ur already using C# to write it......

just a thought. :-)

i am tempted to do it myself.
Jump to: