Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 126. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
Hey,
I have a few features and other things I want to tell you. First of all, you should have a little section with your total values. For example, if you mine litecoin for a year, it will give the estimated amount of litecoins that you have based on your hash rate and the difficulty and such. Of course it wouldn't be completely accurate, but it would give you a good idea on how much money you have made. You should be also able to change the values of the amount of litecoin you have to be 100% accurate of the exact amount of money you have or have made. Second of all, there should be pool uptime and such (small feature, but would be easy to make and useful). Also, you should add some more fan control features and some more advanced features. For the fan control it would be just like other fan control programs. You could manually set the fan percentage, or you  could make your own curve. That would help a lot because I have to go and open the GPU fan control application every time I mine, and its just another program wasting resources. Maybe some advanced features would be things like automatic GPU cutoff, for when maybe your fans broke and it only rises. If your fan broke while you were away, the GPU would keep mining, because the system would assume the fans are running at 100% at that temperature, so eventually the GPU would melt or blow up. My last request, and would definetly help everyone but maybe a bit hard to make, would be a remote website control or remote program. For the website control, it would run a little webserver that you could portforward and apply a little password or some authentication to it. On the website there would be things like fan control, temperature monitoring, and coin mining changing and settings. Right now, I have to use teamviewer on my pc to control, but it isnt really that great and very slow. From what I know there is no way to control multiminer on the pc that is made by you. Only the mobile app does anything, but all it does is start stop and restart, which aren't very useful at all. My last feature would be inputting your bitcoin or litecoin address to add to my previous request. This would enable you to get the live amount of your litecoin, and then you could compare it to the predictions that coinchoose or coinwarz made.
These features would be highly appreciated and if all of them get completed I will be willing to donate 0.05BTC or 2LTC if they all get completed.
Thanks!
Activity: 630
I haven't gotten a chance to try the new version, but hopefully will give it a spin in the next few days, I'm just recovering from doing the BFGminer upgrade on 40+ rigs, and I'm still not exactly where I'd like to be on tweaking them to have the same hash rate that I had with CGminer, but I'm closer (82,000-85,000 kh/s vs. 88,000-92,000 kh/s) nonetheless happy to be back on the latest (or so it was) version of Multiminer!  I'll just obsess until I get every last bit of hashing power back from my cards, if I know they can do it. Of course the joys of tweaking, is many times you cause more issues...  If only I bought the exact same model of every card, I would have such an easy operation! Smiley

Nate, you're too darn efficient and good, I can't believe the updates you keep spinning out for us!

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
It is happening with a mining (i mean one with gpus mining) proxy aswell, and i am hitting almost a 50% rejection on server side. Cgminer reports an error called "h-zero" or similar if i connect it to the multiminer proxy.

This is a bug in cgminer. You can read about the bug here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3971916

It is supposedly fixed in cgminer 3.9, though I have not tested it myself:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4101156

- Fixes for working with proxies that use small nonce2 sizes
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hi!

I am having some issues with multiminer, and i dont know if it is my fault (as it is most probable) or a bug in the software.

Here is the thing:

I have set a standalone non-mining pc with multiminer acting as proxy. All my miners connect to it perfectly, the mining itself works 100%.

Now, the issue is, that i am mining scrypt coins and the proxy itself is showing the hashrate in Gh/s (as in SHA).

To be more precise, it shows this on the bottom right corner: Scrypt: xx Gh/s

Am i doing something wrong or missing something?

Thanks!

It is happening with a mining (i mean one with gpus mining) proxy aswell, and i am hitting almost a 50% rejection on server side. Cgminer reports an error called "h-zero" or similar if i connect it to the multiminer proxy.

BR
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Mining is working but I can't see exhange rate or something like that your screen shot.

Right-click anywhere in the app and go to Perks to enable that feature (or click the arrow next to Settings, then Perks).

If you still aren't seeing the info click "More details" in the lower left.

I did it but still I couldn't see it. Is it depends on API ?
Activity: 113
Merit: 10

Not sure why 3.8 wouldn't work. I've never had that problem myself. Where did you get these builds if not letting MultiMiner download them?
I got it from Luke's Bitcointalk post here

This is a problem with Luke's newly released 32-bit Windows package for 3.9. From what I've read the 64-bit package works. And 3.8.1 should work fine as well.

http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer/

Edit: now that I think of it I believe Luke mentioned having issues getting libmicrohttpd working with the 64-bit release. So the 64-bit release of bfgminer may not support the --http-port option.
The 32-bit bfgminer does start without the http-port error message  Smiley I can also run bfgminer 3.9.0 when replacing libcurl-4.dll with the 3.8.1 version.
Thanks!
Mining is working but I can't see exhange rate or something like that your screen shot.

Right-click anywhere in the app and go to Perks to enable that feature (or click the arrow next to Settings, then Perks).

If you still aren't seeing the info click "More details" in the lower left.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hi!

I am having some issues with multiminer, and i dont know if it is my fault (as it is most probable) or a bug in the software.

Here is the thing:

I have set a standalone non-mining pc with multiminer acting as proxy. All my miners connect to it perfectly, the mining itself works 100%.

Now, the issue is, that i am mining scrypt coins and the proxy itself is showing the hashrate in Gh/s (as in SHA).

To be more precise, it shows this on the bottom right corner: Scrypt: xx Gh/s

Am i doing something wrong or missing something?

Thanks!
Activity: 208
Happy holidays! As a bit of a gift to you folks in thanks for all of your feedback, here is a preview release of version 2.3 for you to toy with (I know at least one of you is playing with your rig!)

Merry New Year!

(beef jerky time)

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you Nate, your loved ones and to all this wonderful community!

Have fun, enjoy and be safe!  Cheesy

Activity: 136
Happy holidays! As a bit of a gift to you folks in thanks for all of your feedback, here is a preview release of version 2.3 for you to toy with (I know at least one of you is playing with your rig!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9e3o7viy30ntyh/MultiMiner-2.3.0.zip

There are several new features and requests included.

Merry New Year!

(beef jerky time)

Thank you for New Year Gift Smiley

I copied all multiminer 2.3.0 files into multiminer 2.2.2 folder.

If you chose to automatically update to bfgminer 3.9 for Windows and encounter the following error:

Please manually download the previous release of bfgminer below and then extract it into MultiMiner\Miners\bfgminer:

http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer/3.8.1/bfgminer-3.8.1-win32.zip
Hello, running MultiMiner 2.2.8 and 2.3.0 with bfgminer 3.8.0 or 3.9.0 gives me the error message when pressing start:
"bfgminer.exe: --http-port unrecognized option"

Not sure why 3.8 wouldn't work. I've never had that problem myself. Where did you get these builds if not letting MultiMiner download them?

If I let MultiMiner download bfgminer itself I get another error message:
"libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is missing from your computer"

This is a problem with Luke's newly released 32-bit Windows package for 3.9. From what I've read the 64-bit package works. And 3.8.1 should work fine as well.

http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer/

Edit: now that I think of it I believe Luke mentioned having issues getting libmicrohttpd working with the 64-bit release. So the 64-bit release of bfgminer may not support the --http-port option.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Hello, running MultiMiner 2.2.8 and 2.3.0 with bfgminer 3.8.0 or 3.9.0 gives me the error message when pressing start:
"bfgminer.exe: --http-port unrecognized option"

If I let MultiMiner download bfgminer itself I get another error message:
"libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is missing from your computer"

Running Windows 8.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9e3o7viy30ntyh/MultiMiner-2.3.0.zip

There are several new features and requests included.

Merry New Year!

(beef jerky time)
(3) Sapphire 7950s

BFGMiner speeds: 629, 624, 629 (after much tweaking)
VDCC - 1125, Engine- 1067, Mem clock 1575, mem power 1500
-s 1 --intensity 20 --temp-target 82 --gpu-engine 1040 --gpu-vddc 1075 --thread-concurrency 24000 --lookup-gap 2 --worksize 256 -g 1  --expiry 10 --queue 0 --auto-fan  --failover-only

Obviously ymmv but my rig is Sapphire 7950s and I used to run them at around 1100 core/1500 mem as well, but found recently that they hash just as well, if not better, with 1125 core/1375 mem. Doesn't make much sense but I get 645-648 from all 3 cards at that OC.

Edit: Specifically, Afterburner is stock VDCC, 20% power limit, 1125 core, 1375 mem, 80% fan. Miner arguments are:

Code:
-I 20 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 24000

There are many variances in the model of the cards, for instance, the 11196-02 perform with significantly different settings than say 11196-16 cards, so it's very important to specify the exact model of the cards, which is one of the things that a lot of the repositories are lacking. Just putting the -02 and -16 cards together in a system caused me a major headache.
(3) Sapphire 7950s

-s 1 --intensity 20 --temp-target 82 --gpu-engine 1040 --gpu-vddc 1075 --thread-concurrency 24000 --lookup-gap 2 --worksize 256 -g 1  --expiry 10 --queue 0 --auto-fan  --failover-only

Obviously ymmv but my rig is Sapphire 7950s and I used to run them at around 1100 core/1500 mem as well, but found recently that they hash just as well, if not better, with 1125 core/1375 mem. Doesn't make much sense but I get 645-648 from all 3 cards at that OC.

Edit: Specifically, Afterburner is stock VDCC, 20% power limit, 1125 core, 1375 mem, 80% fan. Miner arguments are:

Code:
-I 20 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 24000
Entirely correct. It's a pain in the arse to have a mixed bag of cards in a system. I have a couple rigs like that, and getting them to be at their peak for each card is really time consuming in many cases. I don't mix and match 7970 and 7950's at all.

I made some great progress tonight in getting many of my rigs back up to near where they were. The various Sapphire 7950 cards were the hardest, as those settings were completely different from what I used before.

An example:

(3) Sapphire 7950s

CGMiner speeds: 630, 630, 630

VDCC- 1075, Engine- 1030, Mem power and Clock - 1500
CGminer parameters: -s 1 --intensity 20 --temp-target 75 --gpu-engine 1010 --gpu-vddc 1075 --thread-concurrency 24000 --worksize 256 -g 1  --expiry 10 --queue 0 --auto-fan  --failover-only

-s 1 --intensity 20 --temp-target 82 --gpu-engine 1040 --gpu-vddc 1075 --thread-concurrency 24000 --lookup-gap 2 --worksize 256 -g 1  --expiry 10 --queue 0 --auto-fan  --failover-only

The Scyrpt settings above override the engine and vddc, but I found setting them in afterburner didn't always have the same result

Also, the biggest hit I took was on the Twin Frozr 7950 cards, I had those doing 680 under CGMiner, but in the 646-649 range under BFGminer. I need to play more with those next now that I got the Sapphire 7950's knocked out for most of the versions I have.

ah ok looks like going to have to get another card the same them Smiley

That is the easiest route with GPU rigs. That said I'm going to be trying to add a 7970 to my existing 7950s soon so I'll have more incentive to tweak that scenario.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
I know you said can set them up separate however when it comes to using -- lookup-gap     -g mode you cant separate by comma for each card. any news on a feature been allowed for this to happen or would this need to be done in conf file in bfgminer if so how is this done as I have no idea using conf files or using the example conf.

It's not possible at all that I am aware of. MultiMiner would have to launch separate copies of bfgminer for each (Afaik).

ah ok looks like going to have to get another card the same them Smiley
I know you said can set them up separate however when it comes to using -- lookup-gap     -g mode you cant separate by comma for each card. any news on a feature been allowed for this to happen or would this need to be done in conf file in bfgminer if so how is this done as I have no idea using conf files or using the example conf.

It's not possible at all that I am aware of. MultiMiner would have to launch separate copies of bfgminer for each (Afaik).
Jump to: