Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 148. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Ok I just made a new fresh install of Multiminer with the Win32 that it download normally. I configured it as normal and let it run for a little while in scrypt. I just sent you the files with the results in it by email. As you will see, Multiminer reported a hashrate of 0 all the time i let it run and even restarted at least 2 times because it reported Zero Hashrate. (Because i didn't unchecked the option in the settings) But in truth, you can also see that it WAS working because the accepted shares were pilling up. All those problems goes away with the win64. If you need my files with the Win64 also, just let me know.

This appears to be an issue with the 32-bit version of bfgminer. Both cgminer and the 64-bit version of bfgminer always use US culture info in the API calls. This means even if your current locale settings in Windows use a comma for a decimal separator, the API does not. This makes sense since the API is an RPC API and may be running on a different system.

However, the 32-bit version of bfgminer is returning values from the API calls taking into account the current culture information.

64-bit bfgminer, non-US locale:

{"DateTime":"\/Date(1381606433915)\/","Request":"devs","Response":"STATUS=S,When=1381606433,Code=9,Msg=1 GPU(s) - 0 PGA(s),Description=bfgminer 3.3.0|GPU=0,Name=OCL,ID=0,Enabled=Y,Status=Alive,Temperature=81.00,MHS av=0.265,MHS 5s=0.267,Accepted=39,Rejected=0,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=11.906,Last Share Pool=1,Last Share Time=1381606431,Total MH=52.1380,Diff1 Work=39,Difficulty Accepted=0.00952163,Difficulty Rejected=0.00000000,Last Share Difficulty=0.00024414,Last Valid Work=1381606431,Device Hardware%=0.0000,Device Rejected%=0.0000|","CoinName":"Diamond"}

32-bit bfgminer, non-US locale:

{"DateTime":"\/Date(1381607576419)\/","Request":"devs","Response":"STATUS=S,When=1381607576,Code=9,Msg=1 GPU(s) - 0 PGA(s),Description=bfgminer 3.3.0|GPU=0,Name=OCL,ID=0,Enabled=Y,Status=Alive,Temperature=81,00,MHS av=0,264,MHS 5s=0,267,Accepted=15,Rejected=0,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=10,520,Last Share Pool=1,Last Share Time=1381607569,Total MH=22,5976,Diff1 Work=15,Difficulty Accepted=0,00366217,Difficulty Rejected=0,00000000,Last Share Difficulty=0,00024414,Last Valid Work=1381607569,Device Hardware%=0,0000,Device Rejected%=0,0000|","CoinName":"Diamond"}

I'll talk to Luke about it and see what to do. For now continue to use the 64-bit bfgminer when the Windows culture info is non-US.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Ok I just made a new fresh install of Multiminer with the Win32 that it download normally. I configured it as normal and let it run for a little while in scrypt. I just sent you the files with the results in it by email. As you will see, Multiminer reported a hashrate of 0 all the time i let it run and even restarted at least 2 times because it reported Zero Hashrate. (Because i didn't unchecked the option in the settings) But in truth, you can also see that it WAS working because the accepted shares were pilling up. All those problems goes away with the win64. If you need my files with the Win64 also, just let me know.
I tried with the stand alone version of Win32 with all the exactly same arguments as i use in Multiminer to see if it worked well with the scrypt and, honestly, i didn't see any problem. I also tried with the Win64 to see if any difference would pop up just in case but nothing came up. I even tried to run them each multiple times just in case it would be an intermitent problem, but nope, nothing special happened.

So when you run 32-bit bfgminer on the command line it shows a hashrate for scrypt, but when you run MultiMiner with that 32-bit copy of bfgminer it shows a 0 hashrate in MultiMiner? Can you zip up the contents of your %appdata%\MultiMiner folder (specifically the API log files) and send those to me? Email address is in my sig.
I tried with the stand alone version of Win32 with all the exactly same arguments as i use in Multiminer to see if it worked well with the scrypt and, honestly, i didn't see any problem. I also tried with the Win64 to see if any difference would pop up just in case but nothing came up. I even tried to run them each multiple times just in case it would be an intermitent problem, but nope, nothing special happened. I truly don't understand why it systematically happen in Multiminer with each update or even with a fresh install using the Win32. I am sorry but that is the only error i am able to reproduce. Sorry that i can't help more than that to pinpoint the problem.

By the way, i am running windows 8, not windows 7 like you, don't know if that can make any difference.
So obviously, there is a problem somewhere with the Win32 version, so is there a way that when there is an update or when doing the initial installation that Multiminer can ask for a choice of which version, Win32 or Win64, of bfgminer to install?

Your observations are spot on. I always have MultiMonitor download the 32-bit version as I had (until now) assumed it would work fine on a 64-bit OS. I run the 32-bit version of bfgminer myself on 64-bit Windows 7 Pro without any issues.

Is this something you can reproduce just running bfgminer directly using the arguments found on the Process Log? While I could detect the OS and download a particular bfgminer version, that would add more Windows-specific code and - as far as I understand - you shouldn't be having the problem with bfgminer to begin with.
I don't know if i am alone with this but I have a problem with bfgminer each time a new version is out. I am assuming that the automatic update (and initial installation) of Multiminer is installing the Win32 version of bfgminer because, each time a new version is out and Multiminer install it, bfgminer IS working BUT it always report the SCRYPT hashrate as 0 (For unknown reason SHA256 is always reporting fine in Win32). I know it IS working because the accepted share is growing. Problem is that unless i uncheck the "Restart Sick/Frozen/dead miners" option in the Settings, Multiminer will always eventually restart endlessly because it is reporting a Zero hashrate. At first, a good while back, i simply thought it was a random weird thing and fixed the thing by copying the Win64 version over the Win32 in the bfgminer folder. But now, with bfgminer v3.3 coming out, it is happening again and i realise that i have to do the same thing with 2 completely different PC. And this time, it is a little trickier because for that to work, i had to swap files while Multiminer is open (not working but open). I say this in case other have the same problem and need to know how to fix it.

So obviously, there is a problem somewhere with the Win32 version, so is there a way that when there is an update or when doing the initial installation that Multiminer can ask for a choice of which version, Win32 or Win64, of bfgminer to install?
Activity: 25
Thanks, nwoolls! Just updated and now everything seems to be working fine. I'll keep you posted if anything goes awry.
MultiMiner v1.3.42 is now available as a prerelease. This has quite a few changes in order to address compatibility issues with bfgminer 3.3.0. If you have the time I ask you to please hammer on this prerelease and let me know if you have any issues. Getting things working with bfgminer 3.3.0 required changes to quite a few core areas of the software and I want to make sure things are solid before I do a public release.

• A notification is now displayed when a block is found
  • Fixed compatibility issues with bfgminer 3.3.0
Do not update to bfgminer 3.3.0.

It breaks many things with MultiMiner. I'm working with Luke on it now.

Edit: Stick with 3.2.1 for now. There are several changes in 3.3.0 that I'll need to handle them in MultiMiner. Specifically:

• bfgminer no longer detects GPUs without using the -S opencl:auto argument
  • bfgminer now lists GPUs after listing USBs which breaks things subtly
  • bfgminer is no longer returning Intensity with the devs RPC API call

Edit 2: Here's some more information on why the order of the GPUs and USBs returned by bfgminer is causing such a problem. There were already some bugs and quirks in bfgminer prior to 3.3.0, but with this changing of the device orders it compounds things to the point of not being usable. I haven't found a solution yet.

Prior to 3.3.0, running bfgminer -d? would return GPUs first and then USBs. In 3.3.0, USBs are returned first and then GPUs. It seems like a small change until you factor in some other behaviors of bfgminer.

For instance, launching bfgminer --scrypt makes it ignore all USB devices. This was not a problem with GPUs returned first by the -d? argument. Now, however, if you try to launch bfgminer with the device index returned by -d? along with the --scrypt argument you get an invalid device error.

Pseudo Examples:

Code:
bfgminer -S all -S opencl:auto -d?

0 USB
1 GPU

bfgminer -S all -S opencl:auto -d 0            // succeeds
bfgminer -S all -S opencl:auto --scrypt -d 1   // fails, USB device in-use, -d 1 is no longer valid

Code:

0 USB
1 GPU

bfgminer -S all -S opencl:auto --scrypt -d 1   // fails, USB devices ignored, -d 1 is no longer valid

Code:

0 USB
1 GPU

bfgminer -S all -S opencl:auto -d 1            // succeeds, GPU mining only

1 GPU                                          // where did the USB device go?

While I think this all seems like fairly odd and inconsistent behavior, Luke assures me that bfgminer was never designed to work the way it was up until 3.3.0. He indicates that the previous behavior, while it may have worked, was undefined.

I'll continue to look into this but, for now, stick with bfgminer 3.2.1 or cgminer.
Multiminer suddenly stopped detecting my video card. All of my ASIC miners (ICA) show up just fine, but no OCL any more. I clicked on the "Detect Devices" option but it still isn't seeing my video card. I am able to mine with my card using GUIminer Scrypt, but I want it to be able to automatically switch to the most profitable currency.

My computer did freeze up and I had to reset it when I got home. Since then Multiminer hasn't been seeing my card.

MultiMiner uses cgminer and bfgminer to detect your devices. Which are you using? Try running those from the command line with the -d? argument. If that doesn't list your GPUs MultiMiner won't see them.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
Is there for reaper already? My 5970 won't start with CGMINER.
Activity: 25
Multiminer suddenly stopped detecting my video card. All of my ASIC miners (ICA) show up just fine, but no OCL any more. I clicked on the "Detect Devices" option but it still isn't seeing my video card. I am able to mine with my card using GUIminer Scrypt, but I want it to be able to automatically switch to the most profitable currency.

My computer did freeze up and I had to reset it when I got home. Since then Multiminer hasn't been seeing my card.
I put together this unofficial build for a couple of users to test but figured I'd post it here as well in case any of you want to try it out.

With this build MultiMiner will pop up a notification whenever a block is found for a coin. If you have MobileMiner installed and the option enabled to push MultiMiner notifications up to MobileMiner you will also get alerts on your phone and (optionally) email when finding a block. A few solo miners indicated this would be a good feature. Looking forward to the feedback!  Grin
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Can anyone help with getting bfgminer running? I have cgminer working but the asic's keep crashing? I think I heard that bfg miner is better for this but can not seem to get it to run.....

What problem are you having with bfgminer specifically? Any error messages or screenshots you can include? The only thing I can think of is that you will need to install the Silicon Labs UART to USB driver in order to use bfgminer with Block Erupters.

Here is what I have =137784566&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/enki74/media/Untitled-3copy_zps38efa25e.jpg.html?filters[user]=137784566&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Anyone want to give the secret how to embed an image here please do.....

So no errors just will not show the acis devices when I select bfgminer will not detect them.  from what you say I have the right drivers loaded, thanks....

Activity: 208
Merit: 100
What I think leo was trying to ask is something like this (which I myself has though of too):

When strategies are enabled, say using the profitability 'setting', and you have both GPU and ASIC devices (don't have and thus cannot try it out), does the setting work like:
Most profitable scrypt coin mined by GPU AND most profitable SHA coin mined by ASIC simultaneously?

That is correct. Right now all my GPUs are mining Litecoin because it's the most profitable scrypt coin. All of my ASICs (on the same rig, same MultiMiner instance) are mining Bitcoin, because it is the most profitable SHA-256 coin that I have configured. The reason I posted the shot above is it shows all of the coins I have configured on my rig. There are both scrypt and SHA-256 coins in there and my rig (a mix of GPUs, USB Erupters, and a Blade Erupter) all mine the proper coins based on algorithm and profitability.

Thanks Nate for clearing this up!

Cheers.
Should that be listed under the driver colum right now says ICARUS and opencl for the 7970GPU  thought I did this with zdig yes?

You use the Zadig tool to install WinUSB drivers when using cgminer. They are not used for bfgminer. For bfgminer you must install the UART to USB drivers.

In my experience, installing the WinUSB drivers will make ASICs stop working with bfgminer, and installing the UART to USB drivers will make ASICs stop working with cgminer.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Can anyone help with getting bfgminer running? I have cgminer working but the asic's keep crashing? I think I heard that bfg miner is better for this but can not seem to get it to run.....

What problem are you having with bfgminer specifically? Any error messages or screenshots you can include? The only thing I can think of is that you will need to install the Silicon Labs UART to USB driver in order to use bfgminer with Block Erupters.

Should that be listed under the driver colum right now says ICARUS and opencl for the 7970GPU  thought I did this with zdig yes?
Version 1.3.40 of MultiMiner is now available for download. This is a public release that includes the following changes (in addition to those found in the prerelease):

• MultiMiner will no longer automatically disable the last enabled coin configuration when all pools are down
  • Coin configurations are now merged rather than overwritten when importing
  • The device # for the Stratum Proxy is now included in the History output
  • The wrong stats were displayed for the Stratum Proxy when multiple miners were pointed at it
  • PDBs are now included in all releases so users will no longer have to download the Debug release to provide call stacks with line numbers

I have now tested MultiMiner's Stratum Proxy support with multiple miners pointed at it - not just an Erupter Blade. It works well with cgminer aimed at it on a Raspberry Pi which means - in theory - this should also work with KnC miners. If anyone has one to try I'd love to hear the results!  Grin

Edit: 1.3.41 is up and fixes the broken cgminer support. My b!  Grin
no problem and also think choice coin is down maybe causing prob with client to maybe should look to adding coin warz and dustocin to profit swinging etc

I'd be happy to support data from other profitability sites but, as far as I know, none of the other ones provide the data outside of their own website (no API, JSON feed, RSS feed, etc). I'd be happy to support any that don't require scraping HTML.

Tried running with cgminer setting does not detect. bfg miner is working and does not re reproduce error when running the one you sent

Glad to hear it!
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
New bug found when loading more than 30 usbs on

Can you please download and run the Debug build and then post the same error message again? It will include more information that I can use to track down that bug. Thanks!

no problem and also think choice coin is down maybe causing prob with client to maybe should look to adding coin warz and dustocin to profit swinging etc

edited

Tried running with cgminer setting does not detect. bfg miner is working and does not re reproduce error when running the one you sent
Jump to: