Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 53. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I know I am, but I think it's more that the majority of hashing is done via network miners or on coins you may not support percentage-based donations from.  That's why I switched my ghash.io auto-withdrawl to just send you a percentage every time - since most of my work is done with S1s.

Hopefully 3.0 will help there. It will allow Perks users to setup as many Stratum Proxies as they want, plus will work with both SHA-2 and Scrypt currencies via the Proxy. This will make it easier for folks to monitor and fully control their Network Devices as well as benefit from the other Perks.

Speaking of, how, exactly is your donation pool set up?  Do you just have a couple pools for each coin algorithm and set it up to be in a load-balance config?  I've often suspected that the donations only work when mining certain coins (such as BTC), but never cared enough to test it.  If it only works with the primary coins, that could be a large part of it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
I know I am, but I think it's more that the majority of hashing is done via network miners or on coins you may not support percentage-based donations from.  That's why I switched my ghash.io auto-withdrawl to just send you a percentage every time - since most of my work is done with S1s.

Hopefully 3.0 will help there. It will allow Perks users to setup as many Stratum Proxies as they want, plus will work with both SHA-2 and Scrypt currencies via the Proxy. This will make it easier for folks to monitor and fully control their Network Devices as well as benefit from the other Perks.
Had an interesting thought today.  It occurs to me that users who have several machines running MM may be eating up their CoinWarz API grabs.  Would it be possible to have it set up so that networked machines only have one machine polls, rather than all of them?

It's planned for the MultiMiner Remoting feature for those using the Perks. Unfortunately there hasn't been much in the way of donations via Perks so I assumed most weren't using them.

Had an interesting thought today.  It occurs to me that users who have several machines running MM may be eating up their CoinWarz API grabs.  Would it be possible to have it set up so that networked machines only have one machine polls, rather than all of them?

It's planned for the MultiMiner Remoting feature for those using the Perks. Unfortunately there hasn't been much in the way of donations via Perks so I assumed most weren't using them.
Out of curiosity, for the most part, how does MM know when it is running Stratum Proxy if the device is doing SCrypt or SHA-256? If different devices are pointing at the machine running MM though Stratum Proxy and they are running different algo, does MM know what pool to send them to? I have both AntMiner S1 and GridSeed (on a Raspberry Pi) and was going to have them both use MM on a machine that is also running my AntMiner U1s and Block Eruptors.  Hope to save bandwidth.

This is something you'll be able to do with version 3.0 of MultiMiner. It will support adding multiple Stratum Proxies that you can then point at separate pools and algorithms.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Out of curiosity, for the most part, how does MM know when it is running Stratum Proxy if the device is doing SCrypt or SHA-256? If different devices are pointing at the machine running MM though Stratum Proxy and they are running different algo, does MM know what pool to send them to? I have both AntMiner S1 and GridSeed (on a Raspberry Pi) and was going to have them both use MM on a machine that is also running my AntMiner U1s and Block Eruptors.  Hope to save bandwidth.
I can´t get controlling access to my cointerra. Multiminer is reading the data from the cointerra but it will not controll it. :-(

The network IP of computer is 192.168.0.84.

The network IP of cointerra is 192.168.0.73

The API Settings port in multiminer is: 4028

The getwork proxy port in mulitminer is: 8332

The stratum proxy port in multiminer is: 3333

I think I multiminer can controll my cointerra only trough the cgminer.conf? Isnt it?

Need help. Could anyone please write me a cgminer.conf with this settings to use multiminer on my cointerra?

Or how could I controll my Cointerra via USB and Multiminer?

I cannot tell from your questions whether you are currently monitoring the Cointerra device via the Stratum Proxy or the automatic Network Device detection. Can you post a screenshot?

Also, can you explain what you mean by "control" the Cointerra device? If you are using Network Device detection, ensure that your api-allow configuration is prefixed with W: so that you have write-access to the API. See my above posts on using MultiMiner with Network Devices. Then you can right-click the device to change pools, restart, etc.

If you are using the Stratum Proxy then you need to point your Cointerra at the IP and Port of your MultiMiner machine. Then changing the pool on the Stratum Proxy will change where your Cointerra device is mining.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I can´t get controlling access to my cointerra. Multiminer is reading the data from the cointerra but it will not controll it. :-(

The network IP of computer is 192.168.0.84.

The network IP of cointerra is 192.168.0.73

The API Settings port in multiminer is: 4028

The getwork proxy port in mulitminer is: 8332

The stratum proxy port in multiminer is: 3333

I think I multiminer can controll my cointerra only trough the cgminer.conf? Isnt it?

Need help. Could anyone please write me a cgminer.conf with this settings to use multiminer on my cointerra?

Or how could I controll my Cointerra via USB and Multiminer?

Since it comes up frequently, there are write-ups now for using both MultiMiner and MobileMiner with Network Devices such as the AntMiner S1/2 or Raspberry Pi:

MultiMiner with Network Devices
MobileMiner with Network Devices
Sorry you talking MobileMiner here? Or MultiMiner? Can you be more specific about what isn't working? I'd love to help.

The chrome mobile miner app. You have three product packages available, one is a free one and it allows you to control your miners or something like that. You click on 'free' and nothing happens.

That's because there is nothing to purchase. You already have the Free account. I definitely agree it's not obvious. I do plan on improving that page. Right now there's a lot of "self-service" type things you cannot do.

If you want to try the free version of MobileMiner, you need to (currently) download one of the mobile apps (for iOS, Android, or Windows Phone) and "Sign Up" for free within the app itself. Unfortunately you cannot currently sign up without one of the mobile phone apps, though I am working on it.

Once you sign up with one of the mobile phone apps, you will be emailed an Application Key that you can use with any of the apps (including the HTML5 app).

I do plan on making it possible to sign up for an account directly online. Right now I am just trying to sort out exactly how I want that to work - e.g. with user created passwords or continuing to use the Application Keys, etc.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
Sorry you talking MobileMiner here? Or MultiMiner? Can you be more specific about what isn't working? I'd love to help.

The chrome mobile miner app. You have three product packages available, one is a free one and it allows you to control your miners or something like that. You click on 'free' and nothing happens.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Lots of fun with it so far.
Thanks for the hard work Nate.

Okay folks - just to keep you on your toes, here is Preview Release 1 of MultiMiner 3.0, with support for SHA-256, Scrypt, as well as Scrypt-Jane, Scrypt-N, and X11. There is also work underway to allow matching algorithms to arbitrary miners for further customization.

BFGMiner is still the default miner, and is still used for device detection. However, MultiMiner will now automatically download the proper backend engine if BFGMiner doesn't support the algorithm:

MultiMiner 3.0 PR 1

Happy mining  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
This one a greatly appreciated.
 Grin

Another small feature coming to 3.0 that folks have been asking for:

Another small feature coming to 3.0 that folks have been asking for:

Okay folks - just to keep you on your toes, here is Preview Release 1 of MultiMiner 3.0, with support for SHA-256, Scrypt, as well as Scrypt-Jane, Scrypt-N, and X11. There is also work underway to allow matching algorithms to arbitrary miners for further customization.

BFGMiner is still the default miner, and is still used for device detection. However, MultiMiner will now automatically download the proper backend engine if BFGMiner doesn't support the algorithm:

MultiMiner 3.0 PR 1

Happy mining  Grin
It's not a big deal, because I can just not run MM and everything works fine.  But I like your software, so it'd be cool if it worked better in this situation, I'm just not sure why it does this.  It's weird.

On the machines that have this issue, can you open up the Process Log window (via right-click) and then right-click the entry that behaved poorly and click Launch? This will launch BFGMiner outside of MultiMiner entirely and from there you can see if the problem persists.

• If the problem persists, it's something specific to do with the arguments I am sending to BFGMiner versus the ones you are using (or not using).
  • If the problem goes away, the issue is something to do with MultiMiner running.

Please try the latest MultiMiner versions if you haven't as they all contain bug fixes.
Two things, first I do leave donate on for you Nate, because earn it.

Second, on the recent update I am not sure if this is you or Luke's problem. https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1ymhbsuxulvnzk/MultiMiner.png

This is a BFGMiner error - I'm not sure what causes it but I have seen it from time to time.
I think it's unfortunate to imply folks may stop using a project instead of contributing.

I think you're overestimating the skillset of your users. I would contribute if I knew how or had any sort of expertise in the area.

I don't just mean contributing code. If you read the rest of my post there is very little support at all, donations, hardware, code, you name it. Even documentation. Anyone could do documentation. I'm not trying to bitch - I'm just trying to frame the state of the project in the face of requests that don't necessarily interest me hobby-wise.

It'd be great if there was some sort of open ended UI hooks so users can hook in their own miners or whatever. I don't even know if it's possible, but there is a crapton of miners and I'm sure there will be more. It'd be great if there was a API of some kind to do this or for other developers to use to make their miner compatible with MM's hooks. It seems like MM just passes commands to whatever miner is operating in the background though.

I should start doing these Kickstarter style  Grin

BTW the free account on MM doesn't work (unless it works by default, in which case mine doesn't work). Sad

Pages:
Jump to: