Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 55. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Loving the new mobile app. however am moving miners away mainly on x11 as bfg does not support this as am aware unless they have begun to update and add it into their releases. I know you say never got the time to add sgminer into multiminer.

Any of these devs are more than welcome to merge their algos into BFGMiner. Luke and I have been saying that for ages. Right now neither of us have time to do it but if another author wants to merge in their algo support that is great.

Why not have the optino just to add sgminer into it and have no support but allow its use. Just maybe change code of cgminer and rename to sgminer to allow the miner in it. Am sure that wouldent take much time to do and we as the miners just update the miner our self.

Because the parameters that are used by BFGMiner, CGMiner, and SGMiner are different and not as simple as you are indicating. If it were you could just rename sgminer.exe to bfgminer.exe and have at it. They take different arguments, respond differently when listing devices, etc. You could maybe do this with MultiMiner 1.4 which still supports CGMiner, but it's not something I have time or interest in doing.
Just dug this up from the Event Viewer logs...

Thank you - that helps a lot. Just what I needed.

Also, I just looked at the checkout for purchasing MM upgrades...would you consider adding the option to pay in BTC/LTC perhaps? I wouldn't mind a monthly sub with that form of payment either since I am mining anyways.

I am really enjoying the new features and will definitely be supporting your dedication and hardwork with an MM sub very soon.

I do plan on making it possible to pay with crypto currencies in the future. Using Stripe was the most straight forward way to get things out there so users could start trying the new features. Thanks for the feedback!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
Just got home. As I suspected, MultiMiner had crashed and was still "running" as I was not there to click on the pop-up error message. I do need to update MM on that machine as it running 2.8.5.

Edit: I think the MM crashed just after midnight last night.

If there is a button to display details, please click that and then copy / paste the full information here.

If it was a full on crash & you have time, please check the Event Viewer (if this is Windows) to see if any information was logged. Thanks!

Yes, Windows 7 machine, I will dig around for a log in the Event Viewer. Usually I would have copied and pasted the details from the error popup but since I have planned maintenance tomorrow (updates and dusting).

If I find any logs, I will post and/or shoot them your way asap.

Just dug this up from the Event Viewer logs...

mm error

Morgan .Strongbow
        Today at 12:26 PM

To

[email protected]

+    System

-    Provider
         [ Name]    Application Error

-    EventID    1000
         [ Qualifiers]    0

Level    2

Task    0

Keywords    0x80000000000000

-    TimeCreated
         [ SystemTime]    2014-04-27T12:33:32.000000000Z

EventRecordID    923

Channel    Application

Computer    r3dMNR58xx

Security
-    EventData

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Error creating window handle. at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CreateHandle(CreateParams cp) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle() at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ParkHandle(CreateParams cp) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateGraphicsInternal() at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadExceptionDialog..ctor(Exception t) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t) at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNa tiveMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at MultiMiner.Win.Program.RunApplication() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\Program.cs:line 60 at MultiMiner.Win.Program.Main() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\Program.cs:line 35

Lemme know if you need more from the logs, I still have it pulled up on that machine.
Also, I just looked at the checkout for purchasing MM upgrades...would you consider adding the option to pay in BTC/LTC perhaps? I wouldn't mind a monthly sub with that form of payment either since I am mining anyways.

I am really enjoying the new features and will definitely be supporting your dedication and hardwork with an MM sub very soon.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Loving the new mobile app. however am moving miners away mainly on x11 as bfg does not support this as am aware unless they have begun to update and add it into their releases. I know you say never got the time to add sgminer into multiminer.

Why not have the optino just to add sgminer into it and have no support but allow its use. Just maybe change code of cgminer and rename to sgminer to allow the miner in it. Am sure that wouldent take much time to do and we as the miners just update the miner our self.
Nate, awesome!!!!!!!!
I have a question? 
Do you have a possibility of maybe a one time fee for say lifetime or maybe a year or 5?? 
I really want to get it but I hate managing monthly payments.

Thanks again you really do awesome work. 

Sure - great idea. I'll add a yearly option at a discount.

In the meantime if you PM me your Application Key I'll switch on the features in exchange for an article about MobileMiner  Wink.

And that goes for anyone else who would like to try out the features for free in exchange for some press. It doesn't have to be all shining - by all means be honest.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Nate, awesome!!!!!!!!
I have a question? 
Do you have a possibility of maybe a one time fee for say lifetime or maybe a year or 5?? 
I really want to get it but I hate managing monthly payments.

Thanks again you really do awesome work. 
New MobileMiner features are now live for everyone:

New look & feel:

Dashboard (with sharing):

Charts:

API Access to stats:

Sharing individual Machines:

And finally - pricing:

I'm looking forward to everyone's feedback. I've tried to make the pricing model fair, keeping the features that make MobileMiner unique - native apps, monitoring, control, and simple setup - free, just like they are now.

The new prices are aimed directly at features that will, in essence, cost more money to provide (e.g. additional bandwidth and storage for keeping statistical data, providing additional API access, and providing public access to data).

I will also be launching the option to re-sell/re-host MobileMiner within the coming weeks as a While-label product. Keep an eye out for that and happy mining!
3D Printed!
Just got home. As I suspected, MultiMiner had crashed and was still "running" as I was not there to click on the pop-up error message. I do need to update MM on that machine as it running 2.8.5.

If there is a button to display details, please click that and then copy / paste the full information here.

If it was a full on crash & you have time, please check the Event Viewer (if this is Windows) to see if any information was logged. Thanks!

Yes, Windows 7 machine, I will dig around for a log in the Event Viewer. Usually I would have copied and pasted the details from the error popup but since I have planned maintenance tomorrow (updates and dusting).

If I find any logs, I will post and/or shoot them your way asap.

3D Printed!
Hey Nate, I am out of town until this evening and I happened to check my MobileMiner app this morning and for some reason, it is reporting all but one of my miners is offline even though the pools are reporting my miners are still hashing away.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Is this still happening? There was a period of about 15-20 minutes where machines would have been reported offline yesterday but it should be fixed.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
nwools, as you may have noticed, CoinChoose has gotten incredibly inaccurate recently.  That leaves us with CoinWarz as a reasonable source.  Could you look in to sourcing another stat pool so we have a decent alternative to CoinWarz?  Maybe WhatMine?

Any alternatives would need to have a REST API (I don't see one for WhatMine offhand) and would preferably be free if it is going to replace the free option of CoinChoose.

The API info just says, "coming soon", so we'll see, I guess.
Hey Nate, I am out of town until this evening and I happened to check my MobileMiner app this morning and for some reason, it is reporting all but one of my miners is offline even though the pools are reporting my miners are still hashing away.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Is this still happening? There was a period of about 15-20 minutes where machines would have been reported offline yesterday but it should be fixed.
nwools, as you may have noticed, CoinChoose has gotten incredibly inaccurate recently.  That leaves us with CoinWarz as a reasonable source.  Could you look in to sourcing another stat pool so we have a decent alternative to CoinWarz?  Maybe WhatMine?

Any alternatives would need to have a REST API (I don't see one for WhatMine offhand) and would preferably be free if it is going to replace the free option of CoinChoose.
3D Printed!
Hi.

I'm using MultiMiner (last version) and MobileMiner App on iOS.

Since a few days MobileMiner App is showing me some USB miners (e.g. AntMiner USB and BlockErupter) many times in the listing of my devices. Even if I delete the inactive and non existing device a few minutes later they are shown again. Does somebody know how to resolve this issue? Thx.

Bye bye

Running a single instance of MM? I had similar issues as I have a stratum proxy setup (with scrypt rig A as primary and scrypt rig B as backup) and also MM set to auto detect network devices...
At times, MM will report my Antminer S1 twice (once via auto detect network devices and via the stratum proxy) depending on what pool the Ant hashing on.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hi.

I'm using MultiMiner (last version) and MobileMiner App on iOS.

Since a few days MobileMiner App is showing me some USB miners (e.g. AntMiner USB and BlockErupter) many times in the listing of my devices. Even if I delete the inactive and non existing device a few minutes later they are shown again. Does somebody know how to resolve this issue? Thx.

Bye bye
3D Printed!
Any suggestions? Thanks!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Another feature finally implemented for the MobileMiner update:

http://web.mobileminerapp.com/devices/public/55klj5ltau82th
http://web.mobileminerapp.com/dashboard/public/pw0af0QTP3QGdE

You can optionally share links to your machines (individually) and overall dashboard. Those who are helping test the new features will find switches on the site now to enable this.

If anyone else is looking to test new features of MobileMiner including Dashboards, Charts, Public Stats, and API access to stats, give me a PM.
would you be willing to integrate sgminer for x11 mining?

No, no time to manage more than one backend miner. Did that a long time ago. If I had the time available I'd add the support to BFGMiner.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
would you be willing to integrate sgminer for x11 mining?
Pages:
Jump to: