Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 51. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Lol im need only 3.4 mb bfgminer folder can u upload this ? (32-bit)

thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a6e2s1fovs8s3e/bfgminer-win-x86-05122014.zip

That's a win32 build of BFGMiner from 5/12.
Thats fixed my issue,ure best.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Thanks nwoolls.  It's been a fun couple of days.  My primary mining PC went down Tuesday night due to some thunderstorms, and I won't have a new motherboard until Saturday or Monday, so I'm exploring less desirable options.  Combined with the fact that I just ordered my first 3 5-chip gridseeds, I'm trying to have a solution quickly.  I'm trying minepeon now, and I'll see if I can get it to work.  Going to be fun though.  I don't have a Linux box.  I may have to VM it if I need to do some work on the file system.

I used to run the mining ops off an Atom D525 box that I built for ~$100.  I use it because it uses next to no power.  Replacing it with another Atom board.
It's just for monitoring, stratum proxies, and running my U2s.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
Okay folks - just to keep you on your toes, here is Preview Release 1 of MultiMiner 3.0, with support for SHA-256, Scrypt, as well as Scrypt-Jane, Scrypt-N, and X11. There is also work underway to allow matching algorithms to arbitrary miners for further customization.

BFGMiner is still the default miner, and is still used for device detection. However, MultiMiner will now automatically download the proper backend engine if BFGMiner doesn't support the algorithm:

MultiMiner 3.0 PR 1

Happy mining  Grin

Holy fuck Nwools, you just made me splooge in my pants. If only a few months earlier... But I'll take it. Right now, managing x11, scrypt n, and scrypt all the time is making me sad. I'm almost never using MM these days due to change in the landscape and decline of scrypt to ASICs.

I hope there will be different configuration panes for each ones of these as settings change between clients. It'd be nice if you could setup individual settings on the GPUs themselves instead of global settings too and have MM sort it out.

Assuming this is a alpha, what sort of bugs are there?

Wow! I don't mess with most the other crap due to the confusion. Thanks Nate. Also, lemme know when you get a BTC payment option setup for your app. I really want to support your work but I am always so hard up for cash.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
My main mining machine had a motherboard failure, and I'm wanting to use a second machine anyway, so I tried firing up MM on my Pi running Rasberian (similar to debian).  Firstly, I can't use the listed commands to install BFGminer, as the apt-add-repository is invalid, but I was able to install it another way.

I downloaded MultiMiner.zip and extracted the contents.  After installing Mono, when I run mono MultiMiner.Win.exe, I get, "Cannot open assembly 'MultiMiner.Win.exe': File does not contain a valid CIL image."

Any help would be appreciated.  I've thought about running it with MinePeon, but I would rather use MuM, and I don't think MinePeon yet supports gridseeds.

I honestly wouldn't run MultiMiner on a Raspberry Pi. Or really any sort of GUI or X Window System. The Pi is already strapped for resources as is. On top of that MultiMiner requires Mono on Raspberry Pi.

That said it should work, in theory. I run MultiMiner on Linux (Ubuntu) without any issues.

You can replace the version of BFGMiner installed with MinePeon. You just need to compile BFGMiner and then stick the binary in the right spot.

Unfortunately I don't have any sort of GUI on my Pi so I cannot test / reproduce this myself.

Edit: You could also try compiling it yourself using MonoDevelop on the Pi.
My main mining machine had a motherboard failure, and I'm wanting to use a second machine anyway, so I tried firing up MM on my Pi running Rasberian (similar to debian).  Firstly, I can't use the listed commands to install BFGminer, as the apt-add-repository is invalid, but I was able to install it another way.

I downloaded MultiMiner.zip and extracted the contents.  After installing Mono, when I run mono MultiMiner.Win.exe, I get, "Cannot open assembly 'MultiMiner.Win.exe': File does not contain a valid CIL image."

Any help would be appreciated.  I've thought about running it with MinePeon, but I would rather use MuM, and I don't think MinePeon yet supports gridseeds.

thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a6e2s1fovs8s3e/bfgminer-win-x86-05122014.zip

That's a win32 build of BFGMiner from 5/12.
Activity: 1
If you are having trouble getting BFGMiner installed with MultiMiner, download a build from here:

http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/webisect.php?dobuild=bfgminer

And extract the contents into the Miners\bfgminer folder. Note that the path to BFGMiner should be Miners\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe

Edit: Nevermind. dashjr.org is down (which is likely causing the issue in MultiMiner). Grab a build elsewhere until it's up!

thanks.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. It tried download BFGminer, which error'd out even though I was trying to mine vertcoin. I installed BFGminer in the miners directory and it started trying to miner vertcoin with BFGminer.

Make sure your Vertcoin configuration has the right algorithm. You can either check the CoinConfigurations.xml or delete / readd Vertcoin from CoinWarz. If you added it in the past manually it is saved as Scrypt instead of Scrypt-N.

See my other post about issues downloading BFGMiner. Seems the download site is offline.

Edit: Also, note that MultiMiner is downloading the official miners. This means Vertminer 0.5.2 on Windows. So you'll probably want to replace them with newer builds (e.g. Vertminer 0.5.3) where appropriate.
If you are having trouble getting BFGMiner installed with MultiMiner, download a build from here:

http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/webisect.php?dobuild=bfgminer

And extract the contents into the Miners\bfgminer folder. Note that the path to BFGMiner should be Miners\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe

Edit: Nevermind. dashjr.org is down (which is likely causing the issue in MultiMiner). Grab a build elsewhere until it's up!
Not fixed now getting Net Framework error.

im need bfgminer folder on multiminer.

Post the error details please.
Multiminer cant downloading bfgminer and dont starting,which bfg miner need to work can we install manuel ?

What device/s are you mining with?

2X R9 280x

Graphics cards.

But Multiminer cant download bfg miner if i do manualy wont start.

i need bfgminer folder inside of multiminer/miners folder.

thanks.

rename the folder to bfgminer

Not fixed now getting Net Framework error.

im need bfgminer folder on multiminer.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Multiminer cant downloading bfgminer and dont starting,which bfg miner need to work can we install manuel ?

2X R9 280x

Graphics cards.

thanks.

rename the folder to bfgminer

2X R9 280x

Graphics cards.

thanks.
Activity: 423
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. It tried download BFGminer, which error'd out even though I was trying to mine vertcoin. I installed BFGminer in the miners directory and it started trying to miner vertcoin with BFGminer.
Activity: 423
Okay folks - just to keep you on your toes, here is Preview Release 1 of MultiMiner 3.0, with support for SHA-256, Scrypt, as well as Scrypt-Jane, Scrypt-N, and X11. There is also work underway to allow matching algorithms to arbitrary miners for further customization.

BFGMiner is still the default miner, and is still used for device detection. However, MultiMiner will now automatically download the proper backend engine if BFGMiner doesn't support the algorithm:

MultiMiner 3.0 PR 1

Happy mining  Grin

Holy fuck Nwools, you just made me splooge in my pants. If only a few months earlier... But I'll take it. Right now, managing x11, scrypt n, and scrypt all the time is making me sad. I'm almost never using MM these days due to change in the landscape and decline of scrypt to ASICs.

I hope there will be different configuration panes for each ones of these as settings change between clients. It'd be nice if you could setup individual settings on the GPUs themselves instead of global settings too and have MM sort it out.

Assuming this is a alpha, what sort of bugs are there?
legendary

Sorry if this has been asked before but does MM work with cpuminer? I've dropped a cpuminer folder into the multiminer\miners folder but 'scan hardware' doesnt detect my blade

Directly, no, however, you should be able to point it at a stratum proxy.
legendary
Sorry if this has been asked before but does MM work with cpuminer? I've dropped a cpuminer folder into the multiminer\miners folder but 'scan hardware' doesnt detect my blade
Pages:
Jump to: