Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 49. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Tested it. It works very well !!!! No error at all. And it is faster that vertminer. Also, in my case at least, sgminer seems more reliable running scrypt-n when working for a long time than vertminer.

Excellent job!
Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Now all we need is OneString Miner support and I can run MM on all my systems.  Grin
Excellent work Nate.
I just tweaked an XFX 280X that was stuck to 364 kh/s on Scrypt-N.  Much easier.
I may have to move the one string miners to a Pi then see if Blade support is any better on BFG then I will be all set now that I think about it.
For the Blades I have been using Sandors cpuminer as it will run them at 838 freq with no issues.  I cannot get them to do that on MM BFG for some reason.

I wonder if it would be possible to use sgminer to mine scrypt-n instead. I tried to use it but Multiminer report an error saying that the argument "--scrypt-vert" is not recognized by sgminer. Which is normal because sgminer require "--algorithm nscrypt" to work with scrypt-n coins. Can you modify the argument in multiminer for it to work? It would be usefull since everywhere i look sgminer is better to mine scrypt-n anyway. On top of that sgminer is still being develloped and vertminer won't be anymore. The vertminer 0.5.3 doesn't work well at all and 0.5.2 barely work better. It could be a good idea to change the argument and put sgminer by default for scrypt-n instead of vertminer.

Thanks again for the suggestion and for filling me in on SGMiner's Scrypt-N compatibility.

Can you give this a shot?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpm4cecnx0g95n9/MultiMiner-3.0.0.zip

Now you can use Vertminer or SGMiner for Scrypt-N and the correct argument will be passed. In addition, SGMiner is now the default for Scrypt-N (though it won't affect you since you have already messed with the settings). Finally, the Daily Estimated $USD is now fixed for SGMiner miners.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
I wonder if it would be possible to use sgminer to mine scrypt-n instead. I tried to use it but Multiminer report an error saying that the argument "--scrypt-vert" is not recognized by sgminer. Which is normal because sgminer require "--algorithm nscrypt" to work with scrypt-n coins. Can you modify the argument in multiminer for it to work? It would be usefull since everywhere i look sgminer is better to mine scrypt-n anyway. On top of that sgminer is still being develloped and vertminer won't be anymore. The vertminer 0.5.3 doesn't work well at all and 0.5.2 barely work better. It could be a good idea to change the argument and put sgminer by default for scrypt-n instead of vertminer.

Thanks again for the suggestion and for filling me in on SGMiner's Scrypt-N compatibility.

Can you give this a shot?

Now you can use Vertminer or SGMiner for Scrypt-N and the correct argument will be passed. In addition, SGMiner is now the default for Scrypt-N (though it won't affect you since you have already messed with the settings). Finally, the Daily Estimated $USD is now fixed for SGMiner miners.

It is just a suggestion.

Sure I'll take a look. I didn't know SGMiner supported anything but Scrypt and GPUs.

Edit: Meh. This is why I didn't want to get into supporting various miners. Is this right? SGMiner supports Scrypt and Scrypt-N, but SPH-SGMiner (the "multi-algorithm SGMiner") doesn't support Scrypt-N? This is going to be fun  Shocked

Yes, i thought it was scrypt only too untill one day i saw sgminer in the list of miners available to use on the official website of execoin. It appears sgminer support scrypt-n since at least the version 4.1.153 (current is 4.1.271). I guess they didn't put scrypt-n with sphsgminer because they consider it too close to a normal scrypt, so they put them together with sgminer instead of sphsgminer.

It is just a suggestion.

Sure I'll take a look. I didn't know SGMiner supported anything but Scrypt and GPUs.

Edit: Meh. This is why I didn't want to get into supporting various miners. Is this right? SGMiner supports Scrypt and Scrypt-N, but SPH-SGMiner (the "multi-algorithm SGMiner") doesn't support Scrypt-N? This is going to be fun  Shocked

It is just a suggestion.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
is there someone who is mining X11?
can u pls guide me

i tried with:
- Miners\SGMiner\SGMiner.exe
- Miners\SPHSGMiner\SGMiner.exe
- Miners\DarkcoinSGMiner\SGMiner.exe

...and not one's working Sad

Isnt This gpu card based issue maybee ?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
is there someone who is mining X11?
can u pls guide me

i tried with:
- Miners\SGMiner\SGMiner.exe
- Miners\SPHSGMiner\SGMiner.exe
- Miners\DarkcoinSGMiner\SGMiner.exe

...and not one's working Sad
Hi, I just tried to mine X11 (darkcoin) and can't get it started
error:

on sgminer 4.0.0. works normal with same config
Any idea, Am I missing something?

I don't think regular SGMiner has Darkcoin support. SGMiner is GPU-only, Scrypt-only AFAIK.

SPH-SGMiner has Darkcoin support but you need to launch it with -k darkcoin. There's also Darkcoin-SGMiner. However, note that Darkcoin-SGMiner (if that is what you are using) has a bug just like what you are seeing: it often cannot connect to pools.

If you view the Process Log pane, you can right-click on the Darkcoin entry in there and click Launch to see what is going on in more detail.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Hi, I just tried to mine X11 (darkcoin) and can't get it started
error:

on sgminer 4.0.0. works normal with same config
Any idea, Am I missing something?
Yup... it's dumb, but for instance, vertminer uses a fork of CGminer... which of course hasn't been updated in forever (for GPU mining). So the -g argument doesn't work for it.

I tried the new version you posted, vertminer doesn't support -g. Is there a specific miner for scryptn that supports it? I haven't found one...

The client automatically updates and installs the miners. It appears that you have vertminer 0.5.3 on your backend. I had to roll this back on almost all my machines as they had much worse hashrates using it (I put 0.5.2 in the vertminer folder in MM). I'm still not certain what's up with 0.5.3, but it doesn't work nearly as well even if there are bug fixes.

Ya the Scrypt-N story isn't great right now. I also haven't found another backend miner that works, other than Vertminer.

In the long run we really do want to merge these algorithms into BFGMiner itself so this sort of stuff isn't strictly necessary, but that's a ways off I think.

Please consider adding a button on the main menu to add coins and import coins. Right now you have to dig through the menus to add coins and import (going into the coin menu).

Also considering adding submenus for quickswitch, perhaps based on algo.

Thanks, took note of these.

Would it be possible for MM to offer a repository of such libraries, allowing you to download them as plugins? Perhaps with a compatibility check and such. This would definitely add robustness to MM. This could even be added to the 'perks' portfolio.

That's one of the things I've been thinking about actually. There are a lot of .cl files out there and having a repo for them that lets you easy download and try them would be very cool I think.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250

If I understand you correctly, you need the ability to pass in individual -g arguments for multiple devices. BFGMiner supports this now using commas. AFAIK any of the SGMiner-based miners also support this. (Sorry if I am repeating what you know, just trying to clarify). So the only issue I suppose may be with, as you say, versions based on older CGMiner forks.

I will look into that in the future. Can you please take a look at the new version I am posting (right after this) and then tell me if this is still an issue? It contains support for several new miners which may allow you to make use of more advanced arguments so you can do this without launching additional processes.

Yup... it's dumb, but for instance, vertminer uses a fork of CGminer... which of course hasn't been updated in forever (for GPU mining). So the -g argument doesn't work for it.

I tried the new version you posted, vertminer doesn't support -g. Is there a specific miner for scryptn that supports it? I haven't found one...

The client automatically updates and installs the miners. It appears that you have vertminer 0.5.3 on your backend. I had to roll this back on almost all my machines as they had much worse hashrates using it (I put 0.5.2 in the vertminer folder in MM). I'm still not certain what's up with 0.5.3, but it doesn't work nearly as well even if there are bug fixes.

Please consider adding a button on the main menu to add coins and import coins. Right now you have to dig through the menus to add coins and import (going into the coin menu).

Also considering adding submenus for quickswitch, perhaps based on algo.

I finally got around to testing one of the features Luke-Jr added for BFGMiner 4.0 and man - this is pretty sweet.

If you are using BFGMiner 3.99, you can grab any Scrypt compatible kernels and drop them in the opencl sub-folder. Then you can use the kernel via the Scrypt argument, e.g.:

Code:
--set OCL:kernel=scrypt

I tried out this kernel that is getting some good press and got pretty significant boost using the following arguments:

Code:
--set OCL:kernel=arebyp

This bumped my GPU rig up from ~2.66 Mh/s to ~2.82 Mh/s.

Would it be possible for MM to offer a repository of such libraries, allowing you to download them as plugins? Perhaps with a compatibility check and such. This would definitely add robustness to MM. This could even be added to the 'perks' portfolio.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
Posting the final set of features available in 3.0 that I'd love to see folks testing:

• Support for Scrypt-N, Scrypt-Jane, and X11 added
  • Support for hosting multiple Stratum Proxies added, both SHA-2 and Scrypt (requires enabling Perks)
  • Added the ability to choose from a wide range of supported miners for GPU algorithms (SGMiner, SPH-SGMiner, Kalroth-SJ CGMiner, Vertminer)
  • Settings are automatically backed up and - if corruption is detected - restored
  • Backend miner downloads are now hosted directly at multiminerapp.com
  • Support for using 3rd-party Scrypt kernels with BFGMiner supported
  • Getwork and Stratum connection details now displayed for Stratum Proxies in the Details Pane

Thanks again everyone!

You rock Nate!

I was wondering if
  • Support for hosting multiple Stratum Proxies added, both SHA-2 and Scrypt (requires enabling Perks)

Would this feature happen to be included with a paid sub?

Thanks for your time and hard work
Posting the final set of features available in 3.0 that I'd love to see folks testing:

• Support for Scrypt-N, Scrypt-Jane, and X11 added
  • Added the ability to choose from a wide range of supported miners for GPU algorithms (SGMiner, SPH-SGMiner, Kalroth-SJ CGMiner, Vertminer)
  • Settings are automatically backed up and - if corruption is detected - restored
  • Backend miner downloads are now hosted directly at multiminerapp.com
  • Using 3rd-party Scrypt kernels with BFGMiner supported
  • Getwork and Stratum connection details now displayed for Stratum Proxies in the Details Pane

Thanks again everyone!
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Fixed  Smiley But! Grin after Getting Started MM freeze, and i can close it just in task manager

Wait for it to finish, BFGMiner is scanning for hardware. It's starting to take a long time these days. Thats why MultiMiner saves your devices now.

And please do separately settings for miner's (for example: for KalrothSJCGMiner i need --xintensity 585,820; for bfgminer --set OCL:kernel=arebyp)

I can look into this for a future update. It seems like it would only be necessary if you are switching back-and-forth between GPU miners for a specific algorithm, is that correct?
Yes
This may be a stupid question, but I'm trying to get set up in advance.  I have my Pi set up with MinePeon, but it's not showing in MuM.  I'm thinking it's because the Pi has no miners hooked up.  Could this be the case, or should it show up regardless?

They won't show up unless CGMiner or BFGMiner is actively mining. There's no RPC API to connect to.
Activity: 210
Since it comes up frequently, there are write-ups now for using both MultiMiner and MobileMiner with Network Devices such as the AntMiner S1/2 or Raspberry Pi:

MultiMiner with Network Devices
MobileMiner with Network Devices

This may be a stupid question, but I'm trying to get set up in advance.  I have my Pi set up with MinePeon, but it's not showing in MuM.  I'm thinking it's because the Pi has no miners hooked up.  Could this be the case, or should it show up regardless?
Fixed  Smiley But! Grin after Getting Started MM freeze, and i can close it just in task manager

Wait for it to finish, BFGMiner is scanning for hardware. It's starting to take a long time these days. Thats why MultiMiner saves your devices now.

And please do separately settings for miner's (for example: for KalrothSJCGMiner i need --xintensity 585,820; for bfgminer --set OCL:kernel=arebyp)

I can look into this for a future update. It seems like it would only be necessary if you are switching back-and-forth between GPU miners for a specific algorithm, is that correct?
Activity: 125
New error, after first "Next" click

Thanks for that, can you download and try again (same url)? That one should be fixed.

New error, after first "Next" click

Thanks for that, can you download and try again (same url)? That one should be fixed.
Pages:
Jump to: