Pages:
Author

Topic: My account request was rejected by MtGox - what should I do? - page 4. (Read 7876 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
My question was how are they defining "Strong" passwords? Are they actually trying to crack the resultant hash in x number of sec/min or are they simply viewing it plaintext to see if it meets their requirements? I'd hate to think it's the latter... and don't call me a troll I'm just curious.

My new pwd at their site is 25+ characters and all manner of bullshit symbols...
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
Define string password.

11 characters, mixed case alpha-numeric, no dictionary words. Not the strongest but still strong in my opinion.

Not anymore.

I am referring to my original password that I gave as proof that it's my account. My new password is longer than 11 chars.

And again, not anymore.
Activity: 287
Merit: 100
Well at least you're actually getting feedback from your applications...

I sent the Step 1/2: Identify your account application and it says an email was sent out.. but my inbox has not received any emails..
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Probably not strong—it lacks special characters. But then, why did the claim page allow it?

I am referring to my original password that I gave as proof that it's my account. My new password is longer than 11 chars.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
My password was output from "pwgen 24": 24 chars upper+lower+digits, no dictionary words.

Ok I would call that strong- by today's standards anyway - 10 years from now we will be calling 128 char password weak I think.
I recently changed my Gox password to a 20 char random string with lower, upper, numeric and special chars.  I haven't received any rejection notice.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
Probably not strong—it lacks special characters. But then, why did the claim page allow it?
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
My password was output from "pwgen 24": 24 chars upper+lower+digits, no dictionary words.
11 characters, mixed case alpha-numeric, no dictionary words. Not the strongest but still strong in my opinion.

Perhaps not "strong" in Mt Gox's opinion?
Activity: 56
However, I'm more than a little freaked out by this, and really don't want my account to still be frozen when trading opens.

Frozen? That's the least of your concerns. How do you know they haven't awarded your account to someone else?
Define string password.

My recovery request was rejected too; it had the same information in it (strong password and my Dwolla ID). The text on the recovery page indicated that no extra information would be needed if the password was strong, so I didn't add any more.

I have added additional information to the request (approximate balance, and the original deposit method), and resubmitted. However, I'm more than a little freaked out by this, and really don't want my account to still be frozen when trading opens.

I'm pretty freaked out too. I've never had anything like this happen to me in my entire life.
Define string strong password.
Activity: 43
My recovery request was rejected too; it had the same information in it (strong password and my Dwolla ID). The text on the recovery page indicated that no extra information would be needed if the password was strong, so I didn't add any more.

I have added additional information to the request (approximate balance, and the original deposit method), and resubmitted. However, I'm more than a little freaked out by this, and really don't want my account to still be frozen when trading opens.
I provided my password and dwolla account. My password was strong in the first place so I don't understand why it didn't go through. I doubt I mistyped either. Any idea what I should do here? I put in a new request with my ip.

(edit: Not trolling this time)
Pages:
Jump to: