Pages:
Author

Topic: My buddy is getting a divorce. Can the court seize half of his bitcoins? - page 6. (Read 14311 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
So his wife cheat and now he has to give her half of his net worth. And if he don't he can go to jail, and the court can have scrutiny on all of his fucking like.

That's FUCKING SCARRY. America, what have you become?

Fortunately the op was trolling , so c you can rest calm. Nothing of that shit really happened.
maz
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Well , I don't know how that goes but if he denies in court that he has any other bitcoins(valuables) in his possession and after he is released he gets caught using them , well , isn't he going back to court for another round?

Not if he gets asylum in North Korea or Russia (or more realistically in Venezuela or Cuba).

O yeah , the best place for an ex drug dealer,and a so called pioneer of "free speech".

I think he means the guy whos ex is screwing the black guy and the daughter.
in defi we trust
Well , I don't know how that goes but if he denies in court that he has any other bitcoins(valuables) in his possession and after he is released he gets caught using them , well , isn't he going back to court for another round?

Not if he gets asylum in North Korea or Russia (or more realistically in Venezuela or Cuba).

O yeah , the best place for an ex drug dealer,and a so called pioneer of "free speech".
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Does he have a signed prenuptial agreement? Did he have them before the marriage? If not, I think half of what he is calling "his" coins are his wife's.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

in defi we trust
It's just like DPR. He would get all of his BTC confiscated, but he probably has a brainwallet. He can claim he lost it all on SatoshiDice or say he got it stolen  Wink but we know that's not true and we can't do anything about it. He probably has all his fortune in cold storage. Your friend should do the same!

Tl;dr: Brainwallet > Cold storage > don't talk about BTC. It's that easy.

in defi we trust
Wait, the guy was fucking the ex and his 5-years-old? Did the ex knew about that? 0.0
Either you're retarded, or, you're a wanna be troll who's living in his mum's basement.
Check the Op thread and post history and you're going to see you're in a troll thread.
legendary
It's just like DPR. He would get all of his BTC confiscated, but he probably has a brainwallet.

The FBI will make sure that he will get a life without parole (he is accused in 6 murder-for-hire incidents). What is the use with all those BTCs, if you never get a chance to use them? Maybe they'll be lost forever.  Cry
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
I realize the OP is trolling...

But this post brings up a good topic of conversation. Bitcoins are an asset and a source of wealth and will be divided in divorce. I'm sure bitcoins will come up in someones divorce sooner rather than later. I'd love to read that court case.

To paraphrase "Mo' bitcoins mo' problems"

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
It's just like DPR. He would get all of his BTC confiscated, but he probably has a brainwallet. He can claim he lost it all on SatoshiDice or say he got it stolen  Wink but we know that's not true and we can't do anything about it. He probably has all his fortune in cold storage. Your friend should do the same!

Tl;dr: Brainwallet > Cold storage > don't talk about BTC. It's that easy.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
Wait, the guy was fucking the ex and his 5-years-old? Did the ex knew about that? 0.0
in defi we trust
Coins don't exist. It's just pixels. She can't take pixels from him.
It's like stealing pictures. Same thing.

He can move the coins to another wallet. Leave 10-20 BTC on the wallet he was using before.
 Then he can tell to that bitch : "Here's your half"

OR,

like someone else mentioned. He can say that he got them by gambling.
First , the OP is a troll. Second....

Same with bank accounts.
They are numbers on a piece of paper.
The privatekeys are associated with addresses had hold an amount of BTC , valued at: x.
Divide x by two and problems solved.

Or do you think that the judge is calculating the amount of wood and paint in a picture and not the value at which that painting can be sold on the market?
legendary
Whether the story behind this thread is real or not, it has exposed another advantage for stashing Bitcoins. This is a good idea, which can be used in certain difficult legal situations (not only in the case of divorce).

If executed with proper planning (esp. untraceable transactions), this can prevent the loss of our hard earned money.  

BTW..... I am a big fan of Ayn Rand..... Bitcoins are perfect for the social setting envisioned in Atlas Shrugged. When the court and the government seize our hard earned belongings... there is no reason to work further... We should fight back... this is one of the methods.  Grin

"Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter."

Check this also
Activity: 68
CoinDesker
... I don't bash women, I love women, as long as they know their place.

legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303
easy on the woman bashing.
ps - if she married him for his money, be probably married her for her t&a. risky move; you'll probably get burned

The same goes for cheating guys too - you make a commitment, you keep it.  The statements were specific to this fact pattern.  As far as the money goes, the stats here were that it was around 95-98% that it was the guy paying.  :-)

Anyone who gets married without a prenup is taking a risk that while your spouse claims it is forever, that they'll change their mind and you will end up paying their bills - and supporting their new lover.

Activity: 98
Married guys should jump all over to the idea of bitcoins, it's another great use for cryptos. Wives these days aren't easy to control, not like the good old times, 19th century, oh well, technology comes to rescue. You guys should use 1) DNA analysis to find out who the real father is and now 2) use bitcoins to give a middle finger to an unfaithful wife in case of divorce. Attack and defense mechanisms parallel development, so to say. What other technological achievements progress can bring us? We can only dream and embrace them as they come. Stay tuned.

In western societies there are less and less incentives for men to get married these days. But if you do, at least do it right, with the technology on your side.

easy on the woman bashing.

ps - if she married him for his money, be probably married her for her t&a. risky move; you'll probably get burned

What bashing? Just stating the facts here on how technology evolves to help humanity and giving some hints to men blinded by women's charms on how they can level off the playing field a bit by using that technology. It looks like from the example the OP presented, women clearly have a legal advantage in western societies. They can cheat on the husband and get 50% of the family property. What's the incentive to legally marry? If you do, at least do it right, all I am saying. I don't bash women, I love women, as long as they know their place.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
3 months ago he found out his wife was fxxking a black guy behind his back and his 5-year-old daughter.
I enjoyed this part.
Why didn't he spent this time to gather proofs to use in court against the wife? So that she could have... nothing?

Anyway yes, this is 80% BS.
in defi we trust
my college roommate is now a successful executive. 3 months ago he found out his wife was fxxking a black guy behind his back and his 5-year-old daughter.

since then he has kept quiet and converted as much asset as possible to about 850 bitcoins.

he just sprung the divorce on his ex-wife and now her lawyer is arguing he must have much more money than he claims to be.

the judge ordered he must turn over all his assets to give one half to his ex-wife.

does the court have right of access to his bitcoin wallet?

Sorry to hear that about your friend, Isn't the law on the man's side when it's the wife who's at fault?

I thought we had "gender equality" !

He can always claim he lost his money in online gambling or something

Sorry to hear?
You actually believe even a bit of this crap?
maz
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
does the court have right of access to his bitcoin wallet?

What bitcoin wallet?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
We don't care is he is red, or the other is black. Not relevant !

Typical of US people to give skin color ...
Pages:
Jump to: