Pages:
Author

Topic: My coins percentage down - page 6. (Read 810 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 130
December 17, 2021, 04:51:32 PM
Even though the entire cryptocurrency and none crypto assets on the stock market price are down currently but the level at which my various altcoins portfolio crashed backward baffles me, please can anyone explain for me how the altcoins market works.

Let me explain with some few illustration, in the past years, Bitcoin has risen from a price of $4k to highs of $60k+ meaning Bitcoin rise between 13-15x depending on which lows and highs you choose. Now when it come to altcoins, we have many coins that have done 100s of x which means people are most likely going to pull out more money form this project as they anticipate other Investors doing the same.

Also history doesn't favor the altcoins which is another reason investors would want to secure their gains as a result the market crashes more. If yo yo take a trip down memory lane, the altcoins market get the most corrections as coins correct 70-90% during the bear and just few survive this crash mainly because new and more attractive duplicate projects are created and they take the attention from the inferior/old ones also new trend takes over the altcoin market and the hype on the old trend dies down.
I love this illustration and it gave clear information and cleared my confusion now I know the altcoin market is the most volatile in terms of movement and percentages.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
December 17, 2021, 03:52:22 PM
Even though the entire cryptocurrency and none crypto assets on the stock market price are down currently but the level at which my various altcoins portfolio crashed backward baffles me, please can anyone explain for me how the altcoins market works.

Let me explain with some few illustration, in the past years, Bitcoin has risen from a price of $4k to highs of $60k+ meaning Bitcoin rise between 13-15x depending on which lows and highs you choose. Now when it come to altcoins, we have many coins that have done 100s of x which means people are most likely going to pull out more money form this project as they anticipate other Investors doing the same.

Also history doesn't favor the altcoins which is another reason investors would want to secure their gains as a result the market crashes more. If yo yo take a trip down memory lane, the altcoins market get the most corrections as coins correct 70-90% during the bear and just few survive this crash mainly because new and more attractive duplicate projects are created and they take the attention from the inferior/old ones also new trend take over the altcoin market and the hype on the old trend dies down.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 725
December 17, 2021, 03:00:24 PM

You should be the one who knows better why your Altcoins portfolio is down, even though Bitcoin and Altcoins have their respective price increase factors, for example from news (regarding socio-cultural, altcoin project development, token release and others).

As you said that your Altcoins portfolio is down, it means that there is something that supports the situation, try to find out for yourself about the Altcoins you are investing in.
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
Global peace initiative
December 17, 2021, 12:43:42 PM
When the market is down, our assets are automatically down, this December my crypto assets are also down more than 14%, this is because I was late in switching to stable coins, and I will monitor the market at least once a day to be able to make the best decision, namely hold in coin or park to coin stable.
Presently the entire cryptocurrency market is down and most altcoins dumped drastically which made our portfolio to also dropped at the moment ethereum is selling for 3700 which is an indication of the true condition of the market.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
December 17, 2021, 10:37:42 AM
When the market is down, our assets are automatically down, this December my crypto assets are also down more than 14%, this is because I was late in switching to stable coins, and I will monitor the market at least once a day to be able to make the best decision, namely hold in coin or park to coin stable.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1131
December 17, 2021, 10:20:02 AM

In fact, digital currencies have a special impression that makes them unstable. They can drift downward as well as return to the top, so you must be in a good psychological state and not be irritated with the sharp volatility that the market knows, and you must choose currencies worth storing such as Bitcoin!!!
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
December 17, 2021, 09:55:59 AM
Yes I totally agree with your suggestion because that way we can also keep our assets safe in the event of a price drop that we don't expect because our priority is only on Bitcoin or ethereum.
Bitcoin and Ethereum are two coins that very often go down simultaneously and also increase simultaneously too, so to secure assets into these two coins is still a little less secure so you need to consider stable coins like USDT and also others to secure assets if you are not using them for long time.
Activity: 518
Merit: 45
December 17, 2021, 09:46:43 AM
I suggest not to study copycats, this is the truth, study Bitcoin, Ethereum, and nothing else, so that you can get a longer time.

Yes I agree with your suggestion because that way we can also keep our assets safe in the event of a price drop that we don't expect because our priority is only on Bitcoin or ethereum.
I was advised some time ago to change my altcoin into Bitcoin since Bitcoin has a more stable price compared to altcoin and I did so and the result was positive those altcoins I was holding before have now dropped to almost zero in price.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
December 16, 2021, 01:03:05 AM
I suggest not to study copycats, this is the truth, study Bitcoin, Ethereum, and nothing else, so that you can get a longer time.

Yes I totally agree with your suggestion because that way we can also keep our assets safe in the event of a price drop that we don't expect because our priority is only on Bitcoin or ethereum.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
December 15, 2021, 06:09:23 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are good investment but they are not the only good coins that are available. There are other altcoins with use case. Most coins in top 20 in both CMC and coingecko are quality coins for a longtime investment. It is better to research through them like BnB is doing good, solana, cardano are also a longtime investment.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1485
December 15, 2021, 05:59:31 PM
The altcoins market tracks the price of bitcoin, there is a close relationship between them. If the price of bitcoin dumps, most altcoins are greatly affected as well as if its price rises, so you shouldn't worry because the crypto market doesn't continue in the same condition, it may rise sharply overnight or within hours, so you have to hold your altcoins and not sell at a loss.
Activity: 775
Merit: 101
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
December 15, 2021, 04:27:10 PM
the ups and downs of altcoin prices are a mechanism for crypto to develop further, price declines do not only occur for low-cap altcoins, but also apply to BTC which is the mecca of all altcoins, where volatility is always repeated and repeated which makes crypto more meaningful,
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
December 15, 2021, 04:06:36 PM
It's how it works, the market goes up and down all the time... After bull mode comes bear mode, as usual! Of course, volatility is always present but it's not always the same, it's what's makes trading interesting!

OP can be sure that only his wallet is red, it's with most of us at the moment... just rare coins are making some progress these days, but I am not one of the lucky holders! I guess we need to be strong and wait for better times!
Activity: 1025
Merit: 100
December 15, 2021, 03:51:13 PM
when the market is experiencing a downturn, the best thing to do is to hold on to the assets you own, especially if the assets you hold are ethereum and binance, these altcoins have high popularity so their growth is very fast compared to other altcoins, I think investing in crypto a must have high patience, so that you can feel the great benefits of your investment.

Activity: 2106
Merit: 282
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
December 15, 2021, 03:04:54 PM
The movement of altcoins is indeed different from stocks if the stock will rise when the company rises not with cryptocurrencies. There are usually certain event events that make altcoins go up. When the project is good it is not necessarily the price remains stable as we are currently in a bear market. Even good projects will go down. That's how the altcoin price works system here.
Activity: 585
Merit: 250
December 15, 2021, 02:57:00 PM
The ups and downs of altcoin prices are very natural things to happen, therefore patience is very important in investing in crypto, when a bear market comes to be an advantage for those who want to start investing, because after the market stabilizes the coin price habit will increase, and this is a opportunities to sell and take profit, as well as altcoins that we hold have decreased, holding is a very right decision, especially the coins we hold are BTC, ETH, and BNB, these coins have great potential and have very good prospects, so they are worth it to invest in the long term.
Activity: 518
Merit: 45
December 15, 2021, 02:34:34 PM
Is the drop percentage different from popular cryptocurrency tracking sites like coingecko[1] or cryptowat.ch? Because during the past two days, CMC website (which many wallets depend on) was giving wrong prices for many Altcoins.

If the prices are the same, what happened is a 20% - 30% drop of Bitcoin price, and therefore most altcoins are affected by the correction in the price of Bitcoin.

The altcoin market generally works by following the fluctuations of bitcoin, but every currency has a different pattern of fluctuations, and some currencies may give crazy highs that are difficult to predict (if it have a small MarketCap or listed in a few exchange or limited volumes) which mean great loss or great loss.

[1] https://www.coingecko.com/en
This is very correct because the altcoin market move in collaboration with the bitcoin market and any time there is a drop in Bitcoin price it will not take long before the altcoin market follows because the ethereum blockchain work with Bitcoin also so it is proper to say that bitcoin is the controller of all other cryptocurrencies in market supply.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
December 15, 2021, 12:54:41 PM
Is the drop percentage different from popular cryptocurrency tracking sites like coingecko[1] or cryptowat.ch? Because during the past two days, CMC website (which many wallets depend on) was giving wrong prices for many Altcoins.

If the prices are the same, what happened is a 20% - 30% drop of Bitcoin price, and therefore most altcoins are affected by the correction in the price of Bitcoin.

The altcoin market generally works by following the fluctuations of bitcoin, but every currency has a different pattern of fluctuations, and some currencies may give crazy highs that are difficult to predict (if it have a small MarketCap or listed in a few exchange or limited volumes) which mean great loss or great loss.

[1] https://www.coingecko.com/en
Activity: 854
Merit: 130
December 15, 2021, 11:11:03 AM
It's not the end of the world, what people don't understand is crypto market works with time if you can hold you will reap a lot of gains, the only danger to watch out for is scam projects, choose the big boys and you will have a wonderful future ahead of you
That's true only exit scams go away with all the funds but as long as the project is legit I know its price will recover, but the most confusing thing is the rate at which altcoin price crashed like a pill of cakes in an oven made me wonder the altcoin market movement works.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 261
December 15, 2021, 10:56:38 AM
There is no rocket science in this because whenever Bitcoin pumps and stabilized at that's when Altcoin pumps and once bitcoin stops dumping Altcoin started dumping even faster. That's when the value of Tether is slightly increased since most of the users will be safeguarding their capital by converting it into stablecoins, some of the users shift their fund from altcoins to Bitcoin because Bitcoin doesn't dump like alts.
Pages:
Jump to: