Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 28. (Read 147923 times)

Activity: 445
Merit: 255
1. About 20-25% each person back then. Now, depends on how much we earned and how much to put back in, when we reach a certain ROI on investment.

2. SRR - this is cheaper alternative than buying a switched PDU.

3. I think its up to you and your goals. Any business has risks - the trick is managing, adapting and overcoming risks. So it depends what you want to achieve and what can you afford (dont sell the house) etc.

4. 50 years and above... age is just a number.... so much still to explore and learn. BTC & the blockchain, FINTECH, etc -- so exciting, so why not be part of that future. Mining ASICS... there is only Bitmain and Canaan - yes unfortunately.... quality control is still unregulated in the world of mining vs standard IT HW like server, network, CPUs, GPUs etc..... But to be fair, HW like S9 while not exactly perfect is a quite a machine. Same for A7s - its latest but has its quirks.... $/TH ratio is not as great as S9, while Bitmain's RMA process is not exactly a picnic - expect 1 month or more turnaround time. I guess that's part of the "agony and excitement" if you're a miner -- otherwise Bitcointalk.org will be collecting digital dust.

5. One of the investor is in the security business so yeah... we have to be vigilant at all times - plenty of bad guys out there. Our farm is not big just a small farm but we do run it like a business. GPU farm uses a combination of several tools like... Claymore's Ethman and AwesomeMiner.com. Of recent, I am also testing SimpleMining Linux deployment to further simplify things but I think we can't escape from Windows that soon because of GPU driver support, miner's preferences, learning curve etc.

6. Standardized on G2-EVGA 1000, 1300 and 1600 PSUs. Heat will always be the miner's nightmare - 4 slots or 6 slots format - the problem is the same because it runs 24x7. Always, undervolt to avoid overheating with plenty of fan RPMs -- better replace GPU fan vs replace a burnt GPU -- that's the cardinal rule IMHO. Also, Claymore's temp controls are excellent, so I use alot of his control switches. The 4 slot Biostars are target temp at 77c and hard stop mining at 95c. My wooden chop stick trick below is perfect solution for the moment and keeps them at check at 77-80c

Good job guys, and good luck with your operation. Nice approach

Wink
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
@ phil

i think if you could give more space between your cards you can run them all in summer, and with a good ventilation of course

take a look at my spider-man rigs..(there are others that are not spider-man below but they are fewer)

note:
there is also a fan and cards at the other side, didn't fit in picture....it was a fan for exhaust to an open window.

i can install another rig or two just above the window because the air is cooler there (i opened a attic manhole just near it)
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
@phil

take a look at roof ventilation.

here is a video that shows how it works using smoke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRJh7jqXRQA

note: there are also evap coolers that are installed in the roof.

preparing for summer early would be best..

P.S. good to know i wasn't the only one with messy rigs out here  Cheesy

wire management and I do not see eye to eye.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
@phil

take a look at roof ventilation.

here is a video that shows how it works using smoke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRJh7jqXRQA

note: there are also evap coolers that are installed in the roof.

preparing for summer early would be best..

P.S. good to know i wasn't the only one with messy rigs out here  Cheesy
legendary
Maybe Not sure.

It is hard for me to keep up with it because I know I must shut down most of the gear on May 1st.

My summer power rate kicks in I jump from  12.7 to 17.7

but

winter   the 12.7 -3 for heat is 9.7
summer the 17.7 +2 for ac is 19.7

So I can not mine much  from May to Oct 1

right now it has 23 cards on 6 rigs

it is 90f in the garage

it is 83 f in the den  and 32 f outside the house.  I get a big benefit from the heat in the winter it allows the expansion of gear.

Activity: 463
Merit: 301
So phil are you going to make that rack perfect?

legendary

16 msi rx 470 with leds + fans

20 msi rx 470 with leds + fans

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
philipma1957 & citronick: What GPU's are you guys using and why?

i am a big fan of the rx 470 by mis

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GAMING-RX-470-4G/dp/B01JS9F9K4/ref=sr_1_1?

First off it looks great in the dark  a great bling factor- by far the best looking rx 470 card I own.

Frankly I absolutely do not care how it looks but this card is like having the hottest looking woman you have ever known and she wants you moreover she has an amazing imagination and sense of willingness to use that imagination on you and you alone.

Here is what I mean  price with careful shopping and rebates the card can be had under 160 usd.
That is like your hot chick is loaded with money and likes to spend it on you!

Second it has big solid fans that are quiet when pushed.
That is like your hot girl friend never complaining even is you are pushing a little too much.

Third no backplate this allows four card to fit on the  biostar z170 mobo.
That is as if your woman can fit (use your imagination Grin )

This is why I like and prefer the msi rx 470

btw just loaded claymore 9.2  and I get a small bump in hash and a small drop in power used.

Agree. Very sexy in the dark with that glowing dragon emblem...

The MSI Twin Frozz fan/cooling solution on my R9-390 is by far the best one (& best looking) in my farm.

They have this Twin-Frozz design in all of their GPUs - I think that alone should win the best looking GPU award.

Power Color RED Devil has also some killer looks on their GPUs.

Very quiet fans like Phil said. Since its perfect for the Biostar mobo, it's my preference too.

RX - Polaris will be the new game in town for mining. Cheap and Good. Latest GPU as far as AMD tech is concerned so it will best post-sales too if needed to be sold off later to gamers.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Earlier today, I consolidated two rigs into a 4-card setup.  Temps were too high,and fans were too loud. I rearranged the cards to put a particular card on the open end.  However, now when I go into WattTool,  three out of four of the cards show "NA" for the Voltage offset value.  Whatever value I try and set, does not take, and "NA" appears again. What is causing this?

I had a similar problem with RX 480 but it was with quite a old drivers. Maybe re-installing drivers will help (pain in the butt)
Activity: 615
Earlier today, I consolidated two rigs into a 4-card setup.  Temps were too high,and fans were too loud. I rearranged the cards to put a particular card on the open end.  However, now when I go into WattTool,  three out of four of the cards show "NA" for the Voltage offset value.  Whatever value I try and set, does not take, and "NA" appears again. What is causing this?
legendary

i am a big fan of the rx 470 by mis

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GAMING-RX-470-4G/dp/B01JS9F9K4/ref=sr_1_1?

First off it looks great in the dark  a great bling factor- by far the best looking rx 470 card I own.

Frankly I absolutely do not care how it looks but this card is like having the hottest looking woman you have ever known and she wants you moreover she has an amazing imagination and sense of willingness to use that imagination on you and you alone.

Here is what I mean  price with careful shopping and rebates the card can be had under 160 usd.
That is like your hot chick is loaded with money and likes to spend it on you!

Second it has big solid fans that are quiet when pushed.
That is like your hot girl friend never complaining even is you are pushing a little too much.

Third no backplate this allows four card to fit on the  biostar z170 mobo.
That is as if your woman can fit (use your imagination Grin )

This is why I like and prefer the msi rx 470

btw just loaded claymore 9.2  and I get a small bump in hash and a small drop in power used.
I am getting 6% ebucks and 2% paypal master card.

Here is my way of getting highest discount on ebay. LInks are with my ref number - if you decide to register I can get some profit Smiley

1) Make an account on Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=18548324
2) Register on Raise: http://geta.raise.com/aserov

From swagbuck website, using search type - raise. On a search page results you will see a raise site link and message that you will get a 1% cashback on purchasing on Raise.
On a Raise website search for Ebay gift cards. Right now highest discount is 0.3%, BUT - if you will have a look there (I made a allert) you can easily buy cards with 4% discount. It is difficult but you can buy 6%. Once I've got a card with 12% discount. Let say you got a card with 4%.
Go back to swagbucks website and type in search - ebay. You will get a message that you will get 1% from buying on Ebay.

Wait when Ebay will offer you highest Ebay Bucks. Let say 8%.

Then go through swagbucks to ebay and buy goods paying with Ebay gift card, purchased on Raise.

So your discount is:

1) 1% on swagbucks account for gift card
2) 4% on using gift card
3) 1% on swagbucks for buying on ebay
4) 8% on Ebay Bucks
Total: 14%

After I collect some cash on Swagbucks I usually exchange them on prepaid Visa or Paypal card.

It is a very good discount!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
legendary
I am getting 6% ebucks and 2% paypal master card.

I decided to order direct from newegg

here is why:

the board is 134.95  my shipping was free since I am a newegg premier member

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188178

and a $20 rebate

offer number is 73787

https://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/EVGA2MIRsDec16Dec3116LN06us.pdf

so 134.99 -20 = 114.99 for the board

I have this m.2 ssd

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272432411238?

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
FYI: Claymore ZEC 9.2 was just released. Looks like 470's capable of close to 220-230 now, which, coupled with ZEC getting close to $40 again, may push some (myself included) off of ETH and back to ZEC.  XMR still showing more profitable than both for me but I may consider switching my ETH rig over to ZEC if I can really get close to 225 per GPU.
How does one get an 8% discount?  Shocked

Ebay Bucks. I got today offer on 6%, but sometimes it is going 8 or even 10%
Activity: 615
How does one get an 8% discount?  Shocked
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
1. About 20-25% each person back then. Now, depends on how much we earned and how much to put back in, when we reach a certain ROI on investment.

2. SRR - this is cheaper alternative than buying a switched PDU.

3. I think its up to you and your goals. Any business has risks - the trick is managing, adapting and overcoming risks. So it depends what you want to achieve and what can you afford (dont sell the house) etc.

4. 50 years and above... age is just a number.... so much still to explore and learn. BTC & the blockchain, FINTECH, etc -- so exciting, so why not be part of that future. Mining ASICS... there is only Bitmain and Canaan - yes unfortunately.... quality control is still unregulated in the world of mining vs standard IT HW like server, network, CPUs, GPUs etc..... But to be fair, HW like S9 while not exactly perfect is a quite a machine. Same for A7s - its latest but has its quirks.... $/TH ratio is not as great as S9, while Bitmain's RMA process is not exactly a picnic - expect 1 month or more turnaround time. I guess that's part of the "agony and excitement" if you're a miner -- otherwise Bitcointalk.org will be collecting digital dust.

5. One of the investor is in the security business so yeah... we have to be vigilant at all times - plenty of bad guys out there. Our farm is not big just a small farm but we do run it like a business. GPU farm uses a combination of several tools like... Claymore's Ethman and AwesomeMiner.com. Of recent, I am also testing SimpleMining Linux deployment to further simplify things but I think we can't escape from Windows that soon because of GPU driver support, miner's preferences, learning curve etc.

6. Standardized on G2-EVGA 1000, 1300 and 1600 PSUs. Heat will always be the miner's nightmare - 4 slots or 6 slots format - the problem is the same because it runs 24x7. Always, undervolt to avoid overheating with plenty of fan RPMs -- better replace GPU fan vs replace a burnt GPU -- that's the cardinal rule IMHO. Also, Claymore's temp controls are excellent, so I use alot of his control switches. The 4 slot Biostars are target temp at 77c and hard stop mining at 95c. My wooden chop stick trick below is perfect solution for the moment and keeps them at check at 77-80c

Pages:
Jump to: