Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 25. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I was having problems with ZEC (freezing/gpus falling off).  I added a larger PSU to my rigs and WALAH!  Running steady NOW!

7 MSI RX470 Gaming X GPUs
1641 SOLs
234 SOLs per GPU
1117 Watts, 9.60 Amps at the wall
1.47 W/SOL
V9.2 -5
1990 mem, 1290 core

Hope this helps someone.

Aries, out of curiosity, what sizes of PSUs were you running before and after on this rig?  Curious because assuming I can get 6 GPUs running this weekend on rig #2 and might switch over to ZEC.  I have 1200W so I doubt it will be an issue as I should still have at least 25-30% headroom, but I know that since v9 there has been power spike that cause issues for some with either low quality PSUs or not enough headroom

I have 1200W Platinum PSUs on the unit, but the power consumption keeps on increasing with each new version of software.  I have now attached 1600W PSUs to the units which gives more headroom for wattage.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Nice to see ZEC back up in a more profitable mining range now, even though i don't hold much of it and not currently mining it.  The dynamics of this situation are quite interesting to watch. Last night, I almost switched my ETH rig over to ZEC, but thought better of it on the off chance the rig crashed overnight and I lose all income from it. Was planning to switch today but when I checked first this this morning, ETH was actually atop the profit list. Even though the price is down, the diff dropped WAY off.  But when I check about an hour later, ZEC back on top but all 3 (incl XMR) were within a few cents of each other.

One thing I noticed though in comparing whattomine & coinwarez... they have the same diff for ZEC and XMR but are WTM shows WAY higher on ETH, which greatly reduces their prof estimates.  As of checking 5 minutes ago, WTM has ETH at 83.7 while CW shows it at 78.3.  Not sure which one is correct but would assume CW, since ETH diff is in freefall mode.  Bottom line is that I wish I had 3 rigs so I could have 1 on each  Wink
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I have 1200W so I doubt it will be an issue as I should still have at least 25-30% headroom, but I know that since v9 there has been power spike that cause issues for some with either low quality PSUs or not enough headroom

I have 6x RX 480 on EVGA 1300W. It runs ETH and ZEC on latests Claymor's miners with no issues

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
I was having problems with ZEC (freezing/gpus falling off).  I added a larger PSU to my rigs and WALAH!  Running steady NOW!

1641 SOLs
234 SOLs per GPU
1.47 W/SOL
V9.2 -5
1990 mem, 1290 core

Hope this helps someone.

Aries, out of curiosity, what sizes of PSUs were you running before and after on this rig?  Curious because assuming I can get 6 GPUs running this weekend on rig #2 and might switch over to ZEC.  I have 1200W so I doubt it will be an issue as I should still have at least 25-30% headroom, but I know that since v9 there has been power spike that cause issues for some with either low quality PSUs or not enough headroom
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

1641 SOLs
234 SOLs per GPU
1.47 W/SOL
V9.2 -5
1990 mem, 1290 core

Hope this helps someone.
Activity: 742

I'm living in Cape Town, South Africa..

We have some collaboration with HySA Systems on hydrogen fuel cells - so hopefully in 10-15 years situation will be better!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Switched back to ZEC....Again. Tongue

Its a great day to be mining ZEC - all my rigs are back at ZEC, except for 1 or 2 on XMR.
Activity: 672
Phil,

You called it on ZEC!

In terms of bypassing wifi, you may want to try this cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-ft-Premium-CAT6-Ultra-Flat-Ethernet-Network-Cable-/222127760062

This is what I use instead of wifi. This cable is thin enough to go through the door jam.

That's a good cable I have the 50ft
Run it along the base boards and you'd never know it was there
Activity: 578
Merit: 508
Phil,

You called it on ZEC!

In terms of bypassing wifi, you may want to try this cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-ft-Premium-CAT6-Ultra-Flat-Ethernet-Network-Cable-/222127760062

This is what I use instead of wifi. This cable is thin enough to go through the door jam.

Activity: 672
Heck my mining days might be coming to a close
Power company is inceasing rate by 7% starting July 1

Every year, our electricity goes up by 9%.

Wow ! In which crazy country are you living ? You know here, the if the price goes higher by 2% that's a very big increase, and that's not yearly of course ! Well if you start at 0,01$/KWh that might be worth but I doubt that it is the case !

wow..... the power company is printing money!
Curious which country has this kind of rates.
Would it follow a certain market energy rate?

>> Phil, I will get 1-2 EVGA Z boards and test it out -- if same as Biostar but cheaper then why not. The Biostar build is very good actually and good to know that the on/off button is available in the EVGAs.

>> I made a good return with the recent BTC , XMR and ZEC rise. Its going to be a nice Christmas. Thanks Phil on the ZEC tip, I bought 2 BTC worth at 34.99 and just sold them at 50.04. Will buy again when it goes below 50$ -- you are on to something here, the charts and trending for ZEC is strangely going up and it has a "follow pattern" with XMR. This makes sense that XMR and ZEC are both dark-web designated coins.

I'm in Florida USA.
Gulf power wants to build another power plant again
Even those 3 years ago they rasied rates to build one and said well we won't build it now
The 4% rate increase made them 608mil that year
Right now it hasn't been approved by florida commission board but that's all in due time I'm sure

Zec is the coin to mine again at whattomine.com
Might move over if it stays steady
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Sorry to hear this -- monopoly is bad - esp for basic necessities like electricity

You should explore other options like off grid solar or ISP outsourcing.

I have solar but that limits my night time usage only Wink
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Wow ! In which crazy country are you living ? You know here, the if the price goes higher by 2% that's a very big increase, and that's not yearly of course ! Well if you start at 0,01$/KWh that might be worth but I doubt that it is the case !

I'm living in Cape Town, South Africa.. There is only 1 energy provider (Eskom) and they have a monopoly and protected by (corrupt) government officials thereby preventing any external energy providers from entering the market

Sorry to hear this -- monopoly is bad - esp for basic necessities like electricity

You should explore other options like off grid solar or ISP outsourcing.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

I'm living in Cape Town, South Africa.. There is only 1 energy provider (Eskom) and they have a monopoly and protected by (corrupt) government officials thereby preventing any external energy providers from entering the market
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

>> Phil, I will get 1-2 EVGA Z boards and test it out -- if same as Biostar but cheaper then why not. The Biostar build is very good actually and good to know that the on/off button is available in the EVGAs.

>> I made a good return with the recent BTC , XMR and ZEC rise. Its going to be a nice Christmas. Thanks Phil on the ZEC tip, I bought 2 BTC worth at 34.99 and just sold them at 50.04. Will buy again when it goes below 50$ -- you are on to something here, the charts and trending for ZEC is strangely going up and it has a "follow pattern" with XMR. This makes sense that XMR and ZEC are both dark-web designated coins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Btc right now is just going through the roof!!
885$ Coinbase

it cracked 900 Grin

and I sold a coin

oh the evga board came today.

it has its own power switch.

it has a pci-e six pin jack to help boost the mobos power

the spacing seems good same as the biostar z170 that i like.

I have an issue I can not get it to see a m2 ssd

Soo I had a spare 2.5 inch ssd that i used.

If the mobo can not use m2 ssd i do not recommend it.

but I will need to research this issue. maybe I have a bad mobo with a dead m2 slot or maybe the m2 ssd I have is bad.

if anyone gets the evga please let me know if your m2 slot works. Also please mention what m2 ssd worked for you.

Is the m.2 slot on a secondary data controller? Do you have to enable the controller in the bios?

I was able to get two of the five cards to work before it was time to hit the road. The reloading of the drivers did the trick. Thanks for the tip.
Can't find a setting in bios.

I have an asus z170 same issue can't get the m2 to show.

Could never find out how to get it to work. So in both cases I have yet to find any info.
Activity: 615
885$ Coinbase

it cracked 900 Grin

and I sold a coin

but I will need to research this issue. maybe I have a bad mobo with a dead m2 slot or maybe the m2 ssd I have is bad.

if anyone gets the evga please let me know if your m2 slot works. Also please mention what m2 ssd worked for you.

Is the m.2 slot on a secondary data controller? Do you have to enable the controller in the bios?

I was able to get two of the five cards to work before it was time to hit the road. The reloading of the drivers did the trick. Thanks for the tip.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
god damn i am getting sick of black screen with no display

grrrr

one of my brand new rigs that was working 2 weeks ago now has a red dram light on
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Sold mine at 908. This will go back down to 780$ after Christmas
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
885$ Coinbase

it cracked 900 Grin

and I sold a coin

Pages:
Jump to: